Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What was the funniest way that you have been injured?

I probably have a few. But my fav and more recent one is me jumping along to Good Stories by this band called Annisokay. I was just jamming out in my room and I landed too far back and my foot landed on a training wheel of a kid bike that I had in my room (LOL, don't ask why it's in there, it just was XD).

So I fractured the sole of my right foot from the unexpected impact. And it's kinda messed up cuz now the sole isn't so painful anymore but my ankle is still a bit weak. I don't know if I hurt my ankle cuz of this or cuz I was just doing burpees and stuff, or maybe it's a combination of both but now every time I have to work out, I have to wear an ankle brace and I don't even do burpees anymore cuz it will just make the pain come back. 🙈🤡

It's slowly getting better tho cuz last time, I could even sprained the ankle a bit by just walking down the stairs and I had to just wear the brace every time I go out but now I don't have to anymore, so thank God.

Do I have a story for you. I was playing tag with kids at work a while ago. I jumped on the side of the inflatable slide to try to tag someone (Yeah, brilliant move. I know) and ended up kicking the slide just right that I broke my toenail.

Oh ouch!!!
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I probably have a few. But my fav and more recent one is me jumping along to Good Stories by this band called Annisokay. I was just jamming out in my room and I landed too far back and my foot landed on a training wheel of a kid bike that I had in my room (LOL, don't ask why it's in there, it just was XD).

So I fractured the sole of my right foot from the unexpected impact. And it's kinda messed up cuz now the sole isn't so painful anymore but my ankle is still a bit weak. I don't know if I hurt my ankle cuz of this or cuz I was just doing burpees and stuff, or maybe it's a combination of both but now every time I have to work out, I have to wear an ankle brace and I don't even do burpees anymore cuz it will just make the pain come back. 🙈🤡

It's slowly getting better tho cuz last time, I could even sprained the ankle a bit by just walking down the stairs and I had to just wear the brace every time I go out but now I don't have to anymore, so thank God.

I don’t got many injury stories actually. Tho I guess around 5-7 years ago I was jumping off the ottoman, as kids do, and I ran my foot into the corner of the coffee table on the way down and twisted it very wrong, like to the point where I felt like I couldn’t walk on it at all, tho I was young so I probably over exaggerated a bit. My older sister couldn’t find the wrap stuff for my foot so I ended up wearing a boot the whole day for just a twisted ankle. But, I never jumped on the furniture again.

I also once burned my tongue really badly from drinking scalding water that was supposed to be hot chocolate. The hot chocolate machine at the convenient store ran out of chocolate, but I kept drinking it thinking that my messed up taste buds just couldn’t taste the chocolate very well. My tongue hurt for a few days after that one. Luckily I only drank a little bit before we realized and I got actual hot chocolate

I can't drink or eat hot stuff at all cuz my throat gets scalded very easily which can make me fall sick somehow. 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Do I have a story for you. I was playing tag with kids at work a while ago. I jumped on the side of the inflatable slide to try to tag someone (Yeah, brilliant move. I know) and ended up kicking the slide just right that I broke my toenail.

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

I don’t got many injury stories actually. Tho I guess around 5-7 years ago I was jumping off the ottoman, as kids do, and I ran my foot into the corner of the coffee table on the way down and twisted it very wrong, like to the point where I felt like I couldn’t walk on it at all, tho I was young so I probably over exaggerated a bit. My older sister couldn’t find the wrap stuff for my foot so I ended up wearing a boot the whole day for just a twisted ankle. But, I never jumped on the furniture again.

I also once burned my tongue really badly from drinking scalding water that was supposed to be hot chocolate. The hot chocolate machine at the convenient store ran out of chocolate, but I kept drinking it thinking that my messed up taste buds just couldn’t taste the chocolate very well. My tongue hurt for a few days after that one. Luckily I only drank a little bit before we realized and I got actual hot chocolate

I can't drink or eat hot stuff at all cuz my throat gets scalded very easily which can make me fall sick somehow. 😅

That sucks. My tongue burns pretty easily but I’m to impatient to let food cool down so I just eat stuff anyways. I’ll blow on it a few times on my fork if it’s really hot but usually I just push through it. That’s probably why my tongue gets burned a lot.
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

That sucks. My tongue burns pretty easily but I’m to impatient to let food cool down so I just eat stuff anyways. I’ll blow on it a few times on my fork if it’s really hot but usually I just push through it. That’s probably why my tongue gets burned a lot.

For me, when something is too hot, I just swallow it really quickly which makes my throat burn. My tongue is usually more fine but yeah, I tend to get sore throats a lot from a scalded throat. So now, I just spit out any unexpected hot food or just leave it in my mouth for a bit before swallowing. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Yeah. Ouch is right. Fortunately, it was close to the end of my shift, so I was able to clock out, get it cleaned up somewhat (Thanks coworker friend lol) and leave so my mom could help fix it and stuff. Not a sight you want to see.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Yeah. Ouch is right. Fortunately, it was close to the end of my shift, so I was able to clock out, get it cleaned up somewhat (Thanks coworker friend lol) and leave so my mom could help fix it and stuff. Not a sight you want to see.

This is why I don't like playing games that doesn't involve just sitting down. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

For me, when something is too hot, I just swallow it really quickly which makes my throat burn. My tongue is usually more fine but yeah, I tend to get sore throats a lot from a scalded throat. So now, I just spit out any unexpected hot food or just leave it in my mouth for a bit before swallowing. :D

My natural reaction isn’t to swallow, it’s to move the item back and forth in my mouth to not keep one place to hot for long and to hopefully cool it down a bit. If it’s my first bite, I tend to leave it in my mouth for awhile just moving it back and forth, burning my tongue.
    Oh. Just to clarify, when I say a while ago I mean like over a year ago. I probably should have clarified that. Lol
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

My natural reaction isn’t to swallow, it’s to move the item back and forth in my mouth to not keep one place to hot for long and to hopefully cool it down a bit. If it’s my first bite, I tend to leave it in my mouth for awhile just moving it back and forth, burning my tongue.

Yeah, I do that now too. :D
    Oh. Just to clarify, when I say a while ago I mean like over a year ago. I probably should have clarified that. Lol

That's pretty recent. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Funny injury (because of how absurd it was) was recent, and it was when I had a pair of 15-lb freeweights in my left hand, going to set them down temporarily on the surface of my indoor trampoline, and instead of placing them carefully, I thought a few inches would be okay, to drop them on the surface of the trampoline. I thought they'd maybe bob slightly, but instead, they bounced back up and together, right on my left pinky, and it HURT and continued hurting as a thin blue line appeared that looked like a stripe of magic marker on my skin. In minutes the whole finger was discolored, I realized soon, when the slightest brush against it was agony, that it was indeed broken. It took many weeks to heal.

But hubs said that kind of thing could only happen to me, or else Wiley E. Coyote.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

That's pretty recent. XD

Don't feel recent with all I've been through lately.
    edited June 2021
    Funny injury (because of how absurd it was) was recent, and it was when I had a pair of 15-lb freeweights in my left hand, going to set them down temporarily on the surface of my indoor trampoline, and instead of placing them carefully, I thought a few inches would be okay, to drop them on the surface of the trampoline. I thought they'd maybe bob slightly, but instead, they bounced back up and together, right on my left pinky, and it HURT and continued hurting as a thin blue line appeared that looked like a stripe of magic marker on my skin. In minutes the whole finger was discolored, I realized soon, when the slightest brush against it was agony, that it was indeed broken. It took many weeks to heal.

But hubs said that kind of thing could only happen to me, or else Wiley E. Coyote.

Oh my!! Be careful next time. XD And trampolines can be so dangerous. Don't place things on it. Hehe. Overall, I just don't like things that can bounce or cause other things to bounce off. One time, I was bouncing a handball. And I bounced too hard, that it bounced up and smacked me in the face. 😅 And another time, during PE, we were playing handball (again) and someone threw it towards me and my classmate and I looked up and saw it coming towards us and I pushed her away to save her 😂 and the ball smacked me in the head as well. Thank God it didn't break my glasses.
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh ouch!!!
    Today's Q Q is:

That's pretty recent. XD

Don't feel recent with all I've been through lately.

🥺
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Mouselline - I have a window AC unit that I just hold my plate in front of, and it cools my food down for me, since I don't like to wait for cool downs either. Just got to be careful with the tilting of the plate, or you'll end up with a messy floor! It's not longer than about 30 second (holding and stirring) that it's USUALLY ready!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Uhhh I'm kinda accident prone so I hurt myself all the time :sweat_smile:

The most recent injury with a funny story is this one scratch on my arm that I got yesterday from my friend's dog trying to hump me :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

The most recent injury with a funny story is this one scratch on my arm that I got yesterday from my friend's dog trying to hump me :joy:

👀👀👀 Gurl, I have child eyes. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Lol. So my sister has been on this road trip for a couple months and just got back and she brought her dog Maya with her. Basically our two dogs, Jackson and Oakley are obsessed with Maya. Idk why. And Oakley’s a puppy so Maya won’t snap back at her when she’s jumping and chasing her and stuff. Jackson’s calmer about it but he still loves her. So we were all swimming and the dogs were chilling out and Oakley started humping Maya’s face which caused Jackson to join in and he started doing it to her side (by the way Oakley and Maya are around the same size and about 2 1/2 feet tall or so. About up to my knee. while Jackson is about the size of a cat). Anyways, we were all in the pool so none of us could do anything about it and Maya is extremely anti social so she wasn’t doing to hot. Anyways, this made me think of that cause it happened recently.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Dogs will. I 4hink domestic dogs prove they'd never survive in the wild, by demonstrating they don't know which end to..hump. or even what species. A Schnauzer jumped my leg once when I was a kid. Was hard to pry that little sucker loose, they really hold on!

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    What food is delicious but a pain to eat?

Either anything with crab cuz I'm so lazy to take the meat out of the shells/legs. Or literally corn chips/Doritos. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

👀👀👀 Gurl, I have child eyes. XD

Lol, sorry! :joy:
    Today's Q Q is:

Lol. So my sister has been on this road trip for a couple months and just got back and she brought her dog Maya with her. Basically our two dogs, Jackson and Oakley are obsessed with Maya. Idk why. And Oakley’s a puppy so Maya won’t snap back at her when she’s jumping and chasing her and stuff. Jackson’s calmer about it but he still loves her. So we were all swimming and the dogs were chilling out and Oakley started humping Maya’s face which caused Jackson to join in and he started doing it to her side (by the way Oakley and Maya are around the same size and about 2 1/2 feet tall or so. About up to my knee. while Jackson is about the size of a cat). Anyways, we were all in the pool so none of us could do anything about it and Maya is extremely anti social so she wasn’t doing to hot. Anyways, this made me think of that cause it happened recently.

That's fun :joy:
    Dogs will. I 4hink domestic dogs prove they'd never survive in the wild, by demonstrating they don't know which end to..hump. or even what species. A Schnauzer jumped my leg once when I was a kid. Was hard to pry that little sucker loose, they really hold on!

Dogs are dogs, yeah :joy: My friend's dog is a German shepherd, so not a small dog like that tho :sweat_smile:
    Today's Q Q is:

Either anything with crab cuz I'm so lazy to take the meat out of the shells/legs. Or literally corn chips/Doritos. :D

Fresh mangos. And honestly, peeling oranges can be a pain, too :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

Popcorn. It all gets stuck in your mouth for hours and if ur doing a popcorn machine u have to pause the movie and let it pop for a while cause it’s loud and u have to make sure u get plenty of butter and salt or u have to get up from the movie. Worth it tho
    edited June 2021
    Heck yes, new Memphis May Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNxjBs5kCA

Heck yes, live version of Babylon. The talent of Philip Strand. And of course, the rest of the band. :3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUu1XhQHuXg

PS: I love how both thumbnails are just singers angrily shouting into the mic. :D

Please appreciate my poor quick attempt of giffing the video above to match the effect in the official music video. 😛

4f6d9f5607cec6cd48b36fc4debe570c9fdc795d.gifv

This is the original one. LOL.
    1583efdde2f40744dd1a6d89df274e0200058180.gifv
    Post edited by DeKay on
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Okay @DeKay that Memphis May Fire is good 👌 and of course, Normandie is 👌

I'm starting my day off with black tea and rock music because I need the pick me up :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited June 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything with bones like chicken! its a game of Minefield, except you must dodge the bones!
    L9q8VGi.png
    Okay DeKay that Memphis May Fire is good 👌 and of course, Normandie is 👌

I'm starting my day off with black tea and rock music because I need the pick me up :sweat_smile:

Ayyyeee, feels good to know that someone checks out the Normandie stuff that I put here. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything with bones like chicken! its a game of Minefield, except you must dodge the bones!

Ahh, yes! Especially if you put it in a dish, and then find a bone while eating :confounded: my grandmother is really bad about doing that with pork bones...
    Okay DeKay that Memphis May Fire is good 👌 and of course, Normandie is 👌

Ayyyeee, feels good to know that someone checks out the Normandie stuff that I put here. XD

I may not listen to it right away, but I do tend to listen to your music recommendations!
    7dW3gu7.gif
    edited June 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    If you found out your current life has been just a simulation, would you choose to wake up? You don’t know if your real life would be better or worse.

Oooh, this is a tough one tho. I'm pretty okay with my life right now. There are some things that have happened to me that I would never imagine would happen but to know that it's all a dream makes it sad. 😫 I think I would choose to stay in the simulation tho. I mean, I got this far. Hahaa. Would be weird to start over a new life.
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top