Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to have Sims 1 & 2 on Origin

Comments

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, that would be awesome! :)

I sign
    Hauk150
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    I can still play Baldur's Gate on my PC, which predates The Sims by two years.

Yes, it's been updated for modern PCs by a third party company, but so what. If EA doesn't want to tweak TS1 to make it run well on new machines, there are a bunch of third party companies which would jump at the chance.

So yes, I think both TS1 and TS2 should be available for sale on Origin. There's really no excuse not to have them there.
  • Knight_WenstonKnight_Wenston Posts: 1 New Member
    Knight_Wenston
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Signed, cody6268

GOG (and to an extent, Steam) has loads of computer games dating back to the 1990s, and I've bought a large number of them when on sale for $5 or less. Some I've bought I used to have when I had the original (2002 HP Pavillion with XP) PC around here, and the disks were toast. It's a bit of a game of chance when buying older disks. New in-pack copies for certain games can be expensive, and used disks are a minefield.

Why should Origin be any different? I have the 2009 edition of TS2 Double Deluxe, which seems to run pretty well on my W10 PCs. But, with any EPs and TS1, I have to probably go with older, used disks.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Yes! I would so love to play TS Makin’ Magic again!

amp107

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • cherylgibcherylgib Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I love playing The Sims 2.

signed cherylgib
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    My full support on this because TS4 sucks

mrcnlbyrk
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Count me in!

Pendragon1980
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I have UC of 2, and I've heard lots of people want it on Origin, and I would also like 1 on Origin, so I am signing! :)
    hymnhehim/hymnofheroes
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2021
    The Sims Legendary Edition : The Sims Complete Collection and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection remastered for 4K.

LeGardePourpre
  • SaratustraSaratustra Posts: 2 New Member
    I was SO happy when "The Sims 3 64-bit and Metal" was added to the Origin library. It would be fantastic if EA could do the same with "The Sims 2". Sure, "The Sims 2 Super Collection" is available on the App Store, but there is currently no way to play ALL the expansion packs!

Saratustra.
  • Patrycja260904Patrycja260904 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is nice idea!
    Patrycyjka26092004
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I fully support TS1 & 2 being added to the origin store. I have always wanted to play TS1. Those are great games; don't let them fizzle out!

anthonydyer
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I used to love my old DOS, Win 95 and Xbox games and wish someone could bring out a backwards looking laptop with Windows XP technology, huge RAM, hard drives, drivers and all that is necessary to play these games at their oldest and best. Microsoft once had Virtual CD for some of these and doesn't do that any more. No OS upgrades to be allowed! Origin changed Sims 2 and probably Sims 3 settings as well when taking them over.

When I think of it. In future years, when those who played them are old and have memory problems, like some who remember their youth and not the present as my brother-in-law does, it might help them get some enjoyment actually playing what they remember again. It's very odd I've found, what those with Alzheimer's can do still, when accessing old memories.

Like many Simmers I never could catch up with the best settings as when the games originally came out I was unable to afford the best computers to play them. Wish I could now.
  • mate54mate54 Posts: 17 Member
  • Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    Just give the license to Good Old Games
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    not sure if sims 1 and 2 work well on windows 10

also as nice as it would be to play those again going back to sims 1 after all the other games that came after it it's really lacking in many aspects - no aging up no weather etc
    add me in :D
    > @baddazoner said:
    > not sure if sims 1 and 2 work well on windows 10
    >
    > also as nice as it would be to play those again going back to sims 1 after all the other games that came after it it's really lacking in many aspects - no ageing up no weather etc

I think this is more about choices; if you don't like the game then you don't have to buy it, but people that do should be able to.
  • ChroniclesWitchChroniclesWitch Posts: 7 New Member
    Awh yeah! I remember wanting to check out TS1 and 2 but couldn't find it anywhere, well, it is old, haha
    I'd love to see it on Origin!

How do I sign though, do I just put my username in?
    I'm Chronicles_Witch on Origin, is that how it works? Lol Count me in though!
  • cherylgibcherylgib Posts: 2 New Member
    Add me to the list of Sims 2 come back.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've never played Sims 2 only Sims 3. However, my daughter got the Sims 2 Castaway on Wii when she was a teenager & I enjoyed playing that with her. I would love Sims 2 Castaway on Windows 10 PC as long as it only takes very little memory space.
    I've giving up the idea that we'll ever get a Sims 4 Castaway.
  • AbyssingisAbyssingis Posts: 2 New Member
    I would like to see the Sims and the Sims 2 come back. Because I am a huge Sims fan.

Abyssingis
  • QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I have all of the Sims 2 discs but can't play them on my pc. I didn't think to keep an old computer to run it. Wish I had. It was my favorite Sims by far. Even a newer copy that would play on Windows 10 would be welcome, so count me in.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top