Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I have finally finished the rules to the point that they're all published and I feel like the challenge is ready to share. Discussion Topic link - here

Welcome to the Timeline Adventure Challenge! This is a story-based generational challenge that will take you through history from the Stone Age into the future. It is not for the faint of heart, as it spans more than 30 generations. I based the rules off of having all of the expansion packs (excluding the Star Wars one) and I will be trying to keep this updated with new packs, but it would still be possible to complete if you’re missing some by either skipping the generations pertaining to the missing pack or changing the goals for that generation. Also: if you are too scared of the full 30+ generations, feel free to pick and choose which generations to play as you go (although you’d miss large parts of the story) and just have fun with discovering history. There is also a hefty dose of fantasy in this challenge and it does include the Supernatural states. The Sims game itself requires some imagination to play, and so does this challenge. If this isn’t up your alley, you could either skip the more fanciful generations, or find a different challenge. This challenge follows a family that starts in Europe and eventually comes to the USA, so expect the history involved to follow that track, as well. This is not so much a building challenge as it is a game play and “Legacy” challenge, and, to that end, I will be providing lots I have built for each generation and era. (eventually - I only have the first few generations done right now!) They are linked from a greenish box at the end of each generation’s rules, and will be filled out as I work my way through testing the whole challenge. Another way to find them is search the gallery with the hashtag #timelineadventure . I have also tried to make this challenge appropriate for all and as family friendly as possible. There will be death and woohoo, however, as those are things that really can’t be avoided in a legacy challenge.

Timeline Adventure Challenge Main Rules

The rules are split up so they're easier to navigate, and so the people who want to avoid spoilers - can.

-- Generations 1-5 (A Fruitful Beginning – Medieval Magic)
    -- Generations 6-10 (Creating the Renaissance – Regency Era Lover)
    -- Generations 11-15 (Gothic Nightmare – Gangsters and Flappers)
    -- Generations 16-20 (The Great Depression – Protest, Activism, and the Vietnam War)
    -- Generations 21-25 (The Cold War – Hack the Planet)
    -- Generations 26-30 (Extreme Sports Craze – Age of Automation)
    -- Generations 31-33 (The End of the World – Full Circle)
  • Sonstar73Sonstar73 Posts: 17 Member
    Wow so many challenges
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Apart from the Willow Creek Scavenger Hunt, are there anymore photography based challenges?
  • Nyane81Nyane81 Posts: 60 Member
    Does anyone else have tried the "The 7 Baby Challenge"? It;s so difficult I'm on the first phase and I'm already freaking out.
    They all cry at the same time, and wanna eat....omg!!!
    To tell their story, I decided to create a couple on CAS and when he discovered that she was going to have 7 babies, they got divorced. Now she is all alone raising 7 babies. She had 5 girls and 2 boys.
  • magpieprincemagpieprince Posts: 25 Member
    Oh wow! There's so much to try! I can't wait to give one of these a go ^^
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Apart from the Willow Creek Scavenger Hunt, are there anymore photography based challenges?

I don't think there are! But we're working (very slowly as RL permits) on organizing the challenges better.
    Nyane81 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have tried the "The 7 Baby Challenge"? It;s so difficult I'm on the first phase and I'm already freaking out.
    They all cry at the same time, and wanna eat....omg!!!
    To tell their story, I decided to create a couple on CAS and when he discovered that she was going to have 7 babies, they got divorced. Now she is all alone raising 7 babies. She had 5 girls and 2 boys.

I haven't and I'm not sure I want to! That sounds super challenging!!
    Oh wow! There's so much to try! I can't wait to give one of these a go ^^

Right?! I have started so many and never finished any of them because I keep getting distracted by others!
  • ArrowJoy4ArrowJoy4 Posts: 793 Member
    I have 2 challenges I'd like to add (I'm not entirely sure if the urls work so let me know if I need to fix them):
    The Careers Challenge: A Legacy
    House of the Occult

The former is a legacy challenge based on getting the most out of sims career options and helping you create a variety of sims you may otherwise not. It has a flexible structure that's ideal for players like me who struggle with rigid and extensive rules and prefer some freeform and chaos. It is play tested, and is the most fun I've had with a challenge.

The latter is currently unplaytested, but each individual goal is achievable in my experience, it's just a matter of putting them together. The idea behind this one is doing things with occult type sims that you might not bother with usually, as well as indulging in found-family (or found-enemy) tropes.
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    The Pac(k)-Man Challenge will be updated soon!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    I'm so so happy with all the love and reactions I have received on this challenge. It really means a lot to me! I know I haven't updated it in a while, but I will use my creative skills once again and make a 2021 version which will include Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu, Paranormal and the new kits.

Curious and can't wait? Check out the Google Docs

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
    Ok folks, everything has been updated to this point once again! Thanks for all your comments, input and ideas!
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I don't know if anybody already posted it; but I recently found out there's a Not So Berry 2.0 version. And as I googled to find the right one: There turn out to be two of them.

One by Simmer Queen (tumblr Link on Google) and the other by Simmer Emsie. I haven't tried both yet but I am definitely going to!
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Is it ok to add in a challenge called "Birth to Death challenge"? it use to be called reincarnation challenge but I renamed it because someone made something like it called birth to death but only applied it as a story movie, since I noticed how similar it was; I ended up renaming it recently. Birth to death challenge is a challenge where you start off as a baby and play through the game till you die of age OR die of other causes aka a tragic death for example!

It's a fun unique gameplay style and anything can happen, in my last one; I played as a evil female sim and she killed 5 sims then got arrested by the cops and served life in prison, while she was in prison she eventually died to fright thanks to being old/ getting a heart attack. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
    Is it ok to add in a challenge called "Birth to Death challenge"? it use to be called reincarnation challenge but I renamed it because someone made something like it called birth to death but only applied it as a story movie, since I noticed how similar it was; I ended up renaming it recently. Birth to death challenge is a challenge where you start off as a baby and play through the game till you die of age OR die of other causes aka a tragic death for example!

It's a fun unique gameplay style and anything can happen, in my last one; I played as a evil female sim and she killed 5 sims then got arrested by the cops and served life in prison, while she was in prison she eventually died to fright thanks to being old/ getting a heart attack. :D

As long as it is different than the other challenge and you have the rules, etc. listed on its own unique forum thread, then yes we can add it :)
  • PieceOfPrincessPieceOfPrincess Posts: 150 Member
    Pac(k)-Man Challenge has been updated!

You can now play it with the newest DLC included in the V21.2

You can find it here.
    Play the "Pac(k)-man Challenge" Find it in my Google Doc or Copy it from the Forum!
    FIND THE LATEST RULES AND ROLLS FOR THE SIMS 4 RANDOM LEGACY IN THIS BLOG.
    edited June 2021
    I have the unique thread and the thread has rules for it and there is no other challenge of it as far as I know of.

Here is the link.
    here

Edit: Is it ok if I keep it Birth to Death challenge name? or should I just rename it back to Reincarnation challenge? I ask cause I wonder if using birth to death is consider stealing someone else's title? Kinda gettin a lil paranoid now, maybe I should rename it back to it's original title.
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    100 Baby (TWIST) Challenge! I realized this wasn't on the list. Oops. :)
  • duckiedropletsduckiedroplets Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2021
  • TheAstroSimmerTheAstroSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Meeshelby said:
    > ORIGINAL LEGACY CHALLENGE
    > The Legacy Challenge - the very first, original legacy challenge by @Pinstar1161
    >
    > VARIATIONS ON THE LEGACY CHALLENGE
    > Uglacy (try to breed uglier Sims over time)
    > Prettacy (start with an ugly Sims and try to make prettier) -OR- Breed Out the Ugly
    > Perfect Genetics (maintain a unique hair and eye color combination through the generations)
    > Alphabetacy each generation of children have names starting with a certain letter of the alphabet (children of the founders start with A, their children start with B )
    > Legendary Legacy play to 100 generations
    > The Alphabet Legacy Challenge
    >
    >
    > CHANGING THINGS UP
    > CAS Stories Legacy Challenge
    > New Lives, Big Dreams Legacy Challenge
    >
    > DISNEY LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > 7 Dwarves Legacy
    > Alice in Wonderland 7 Generation Legacy Challenge
    > Disney Neighborhood Challenge
    > Disney Princess Challenge
    > Disney Princess Challenge – Revised
    > Disney Sidekick Legacy
    > Disney Villains Legacy Challenge
    > Into Woods Legacy Challenge
    > Pixar Legacy (Sims 4 Edition)
    >
    > FANDOM LEGANCY CHALLENGES
    > Parks and Recreation
    >
    > GET FAMOUS EP LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > Silver Screen Sims Legacy Challenge - 80's Movies
    > Silver Screen Sims Legacy Challenge - Classic Films
    >
    > GOAL SPECIFIC BASED LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > 5 Year Celebration Legacy
    > Achievement Challenge
    > Bad to Good Legacy Challenge
    > Collection Legacy Challenge (Contact HERE)
    > Colour Legacy Challenge
    > Department Store Dynasty Challenge
    > Destiny Challenge
    > Endure the Trials
    > Lifestyle Legacy Challenge
    > My Sims Legacy Challenge (Google Doc HERE)
    > Rainbowsin Challenge
    >
    > HISTORY BASED
    > The Decades Challenge (Updated)
    > The Great British Sim Challenge
    >
    > PLAY IT ALL
    > The Careers Challenge: A Legacy
    > House of the Occult
    > Pac(k)-Man Challenge
    >
    > SUPERNATURAL LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > 10 Generations/10 Ghosts Challenge
    > Ancient Bloodline Legacy Challenge (Realm of Magic)
    > Bewitched Legacy
    > Cursed Vampire’s Legacy Challenge
    > Dark Victorian Legacy Challenge
    > GREEK GOD LEGACY CHALLENGE
    > Season of the Witch
    > Vampire Dynasty
    > Sh0wtig3r's Vampire Takeover Challenge
    > Vampire Legacy Adoption
    >
    > SURVIVAL LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > Accidental Time Traveler Legacy (5 generations)
    > Apocalypse Challenge
    > Apocalypse Challenge Version 2 Rules by @Pinstar1161 and @@ImaginingMystic
    > Bunker Legacy Challenge
    >
    > WORLD/CITY BUILDING
    > Build NewCrest Legacy Challenge
    > Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge 2.0
    > The Pioneers Challenge
    > Stranded
    >
    > UNSORTED LEGACY CHALLENGES
    > 10acy challenge whim controlled challenge
    > A-Z Legacy Challenge Rules
    > ABC Achievement Challenge (CONSOLE ONLY) Forum Link HERE
    > Alternative Music Legacy
    > Alternate Realities
    > The Apartment Switch Challenge (forums)
    > Avengers Legacy Challenge
    > Bloodline Challenge
    > Born to be Poor
    > Box of Chocolates Random Legacy Challenge (original)
    > Box of Chocolates Random Legacy Challenge ***UPDATED***
    > The Bromance Legacy: A challenge for Best Buds
    > Challenge Mash-Up
    > Change Legacy Challenge
    > Combo Challenge
    > Complete the Family Tree Challenge
    > Cult or Commune Challenge
    > Decades Challenge
    > Differences in the Family Tree
    > Differences in the Family Tree Challenge (updated for expansions)
    > Differences in the Family Tree (another one)
    > Differences in the Family Tree (different rules)
    > Double Life Legacy (blog) (google doc)
    > End My Suffering
    > Extreme Legacy Challenge
    > Fairytale Legacy Challenge
    > Flower Legacy
    > Furry Challenge
    > Gem Stone Legacy
    > Generation Challenge
    > Generation Challenge by RoggieBear
    > Genesis Challenge
    > Going Solo Challenge (includes TS4 rules under the TS 3 rules)
    > Happily Ever Never Challenge (Updated for City Living)
    > Harry Potter Legacy Challenge
    > Highlander Crest
    > History Challenge
    > Holiday Mini Legacy Challenge
    > Hurry up Legacy
    > I'm a Lover Challenge
    > ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Id_iots) updated by lynnwood for ts4
    > Immortal Dynasty Challenge
    > Into The Woods
    > Just the way I am
    > Legacy Renovation Challenge
    > Life & Death Legacy
    > The Lord of the Rings Legacy Challenge
    > Making it Big Challenge
    > MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    > Marvel Superhero Legacy
    > Master Simmer Challenge (Forum Discussion Post)
    > Maximum Five
    > Medieval Legacy Challenge
    > Months of the Year Legacy Challenge (TUMBLR LINK)
    > My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic
    > Netflix Legacy Challenge
    > Not So Berry Challenge (website)
    > The Notebook Legacy Challenge
    > Packs Legacy Challenge
    > Parentcy Challenge
    > Parenthood Challenge
    > Perfect Genetics Challenge
    > Persephones Underworld Challenge
    > The Pillars of Character Legacy Challenge
    > (YouTube channel)
    > Pointers: An Easy Legacy Challenge
    > Random Legacy Challenge (random numbers are used to create goals per generation)
    > Random Legacy Challenge #2
    > Random Legacy Challenge #3 (most recently updated) - The Rules / The Rolls
    > Rebuilding Worlds
    > Rival Dynasties
    > Royal Challenge
    > Royal Kingdom Challenge
    > Royal Kingdom Challenge (version 2 - rules more closely based to the original Sims 2 challenge by enbliththefair)
    > Settler's Challenge
    > Seven Wizards
    > Sim Bloodline / Eco Challenge
    > Sim Crossing Legacy Challenge
    > Sims 4 Marvel Challenge
    > Speed Legacy
    > SUPERHEROES OF SIMSVILLE LEGACY CHALLENGE
    > Ten Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
    > THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY LEGACY CHALLENGE
    > Through the Ages Legacy Challange
    > Timeline Adventure Challenge (website)
    > Trinity Challenge
    > Unknown Legacy
    > UpGrowth Challenge
    > Victorian Living Challenge
    > Victorian Servants Challenge
    > Vongola Legacy Challenge
    > Walk of Life Legacy Challenge
    > The Wayward Wasteland Challenge
    > Who Wants to be a Superhero 10 Gen Challenge
    > Witches Legacy Challenge
    > Work Hard Play Harder Legacy Challenge
    > Z Legacy Challenge
    > Zodiac Legacy
    >
    >
    > TODDLER CHALLENGES
    > 100 Baby Challenge (updated for toddlers)
    > 7ToddlersChallenge
    > Snow White & Seven Dwarves
    > Toddler Mania Challenge
    > Who's Your Daddy Challenge (updated for toddlers)

I'd like to submit a new/revised Zodiac Legacy Challenge.
    https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=5749609#post5749609
  • TheAstroSimmerTheAstroSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like to submit a new/revised Zodiac Legacy Challenge.

https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?p=5749609#post5749609
  • Phyre_Phoenix_Sims_4Phyre_Phoenix_Sims_4 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have written a new Legacy Challenge called "StoryBook Legacy" and would love it if it could be added to the list.
    Rules and story is listed on my tumblr:
    https://phyrephoenix.tumblr.com/
    Thank you.
    I renamed it back to Reincarnation challenge due to paranoia, sorry about that. D:

• TerryKasperTerryKasper Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not sure if it should go under Supernatural (because the main sim is a spellcaster) "Disney" (because kids these days know Rapunzel from the movie and not the fairytale) or Free Will (because you can't control one of the sims involved)... But I'd like to submit my challenge, please.

The Rapunzel Challenge: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991940/
    TerryCorvus @ Origin ID
    Kasp @ MTS
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    I made a legacy challenge, idk if this google slides link counts as a website but here are the rules. It's called the Have Some Personality! Challenge. This challenge gets you to give your sims interesting personalities and storylines, while also getting you to do things in the sims you might not have done. For example, Gen one is the Green Thumb generation, you max the gardening and herbalism skills and eventually meet the hermit. Also, for each generation I included base game replacements for each thing that comes in a pack. Using Gen one as an example again, if you don't have Outdoor Retreat then instead of maxing herbalism, you max mixology.

I'm not gonna list the rules for each generation, but I'll list the name of each generation here.

Gen 1: Green Thumb
    Gen 2: Restaurateur
    Gen 3: Creative Soul
    Gen 4: Workaholic
    Gen 5: Jailbird
    Gen 6: Conspiracy Theorist
    Gen 7: Thrill Seeker
    Gen 8: Hopeless Romantic
    Gen 9: Super Parent
    Gen 10: Conservationist Queen/King

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13sCTk3SsGy-5yo8j2SnysIaJKeUbo1_6jC8yTcXEcEg/edit?usp=sharing
  • BrookeBCreativityBrookeBCreativity Posts: 17 Member
    > @KittyChanGamez said:
    > I made a legacy challenge, idk if this google slides link counts as a website but here are the rules. It's called the Have Some Personality! Challenge. This challenge gets you to give your sims interesting personalities and storylines, while also getting you to do things in the sims you might not have done. For example, Gen one is the Green Thumb generation, you max the gardening and herbalism skills and eventually meet the hermit. Also, for each generation I included base game replacements for each thing that comes in a pack. Using Gen one as an example again, if you don't have Outdoor Retreat then instead of maxing herbalism, you max mixology.
    >
    > I'm not gonna list the rules for each generation, but I'll list the name of each generation here.
    >
    > Gen 1: Green Thumb
    > Gen 2: Restaurateur
    > Gen 3: Creative Soul
    > Gen 4: Workaholic
    > Gen 5: Jailbird
    > Gen 6: Conspiracy Theorist
    > Gen 7: Thrill Seeker
    > Gen 8: Hopeless Romantic
    > Gen 9: Super Parent
    > Gen 10: Conservationist Queen/King
    >
    > https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13sCTk3SsGy-5yo8j2SnysIaJKeUbo1_6jC8yTcXEcEg/edit?usp=sharing

I can't figure out how to change my username on here. I am BrookeBCreativity
  • StevieSaysStevieSays Posts: 207 Member
    Hi everyone! I just created my first-ever challenge inspired by Harvest Moon. I wanted to merge the spirits of the two games - you'll start with a small farm and work to expand it, raising animals and crops, getting to know the community, and living off the land!
    Here's a link to the full details:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992233/stephens-harvest-moon-story-of-seasons-challenge
    :) Hope some of you enjoy it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top