Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2021

texxx78 wrote: »
    Well, it seems that blaming the victims is a thing now 🤦‍♀️ because ofc there are no bugs in sims 4, we're lying.

you leave cren out of this there really nice and do a lot of work in the bug forums
    and sometimes people do lie

He made a public post.

@crinrict has been working voluntarily with EA Help for years. There's no reason for her to suddenly accuse people of having mods if she doesn't have evidence.

agreed
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Not buying it it's not wroth the price they are asking for it almost feels like a upgrade kit B)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well, it seems that blaming the victims is a thing now 🤦‍♀️ because ofc there are no bugs in sims 4, we're lying.

Crinrict is not saying that there are no bugs in the game. She is saying that she is spending a lot of time reporting bugs on Answer HQ that is caused by mods. And they can't determine if they are actual bugs because the people that report them are not removing their mods and testing playing the game without them.

If Crinrict says something I believe it. She has dealt with more would be bugs than anyone on this forum, being the mainstay of Answer HQ, for which she doesn't get paid. She also has most of the solutions too.

If even some game-changers that I've seen are using MCCC without the modder checking it first, I don't think that is a fair review either.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

Crinrict is not saying that there are no bugs in the game. She is saying that she is spending a lot of time reporting bugs on Answer HQ that is caused by mods. And they can't determine if they are actual bugs because the people that report them are not removing their mods and testing playing the game without them.

If Crinrict says something I believe it. She has dealt with more would be bugs than anyone on this forum, being the mainstay of Answer HQ, for which she doesn't get paid. She also has most of the solutions too.

If even some game-changers that I've seen are using MCCC without the modder checking it first, I don't think that is a fair review either.

That's something that surprised me too, I'm not sure what the GameChangers are thinking when they are making pack reviews while using mods.

I watched one GameChanger saying that they were unsure if what they encountered was a bug because they were using MCCC and my first reaction to that was "Why are you using a large script mod (that also haven't been tested to work with the pack) while reviewing a pack!?"
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

That's something that surprised me too, I'm not sure what the GameChangers are thinking when they are making pack reviews while using mods.

I watched one GameChanger saying that they were unsure if what they encountered was a bug because they were using MCCC and my first reaction to that was "Why are you using a large script mod (that also haven't been tested to work with the pack) while reviewing a pack!?"
    Because they don‘t want to play the game.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    There's nothing bad in using mods. We all love them and our modders but we don't need to burden EA with mod issues when they have plenty of real issues to fix.

Should have pasted the rest of that comment. :/ And I notice the victim blaming comment on Twitter was suddenly taken down. "This Tweet is from an account that no longer exists." Crin has helped me and so many other players. No way simmers are going to stand by and watch her be slandered.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Methinks if this is a pack for builders and decorators and the Gallery really worked properly, those without the Pack might not get as many lots provided as formerly. The builders and decorators will have moved on without them.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

The key phrase there being "without the modder checking it first".

I always go by the post @luthienrising makes for every patch, which as far as I'm concerned is definitive. When the MC folks say that their mod is good to go under the new patch, that's the final word for me. I trust their scripting and quality control more than I do that of EA/Maxis. A properly updated MC might cover over some native bugs, but it's not going to create many new ones.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm amazed that there are people who don't have simulation lag. I get a few different kinds. I get the one where on fast forward, the clock will jump back. I get the one where I have to hit pause because if I don't, my sims will stand around doing nothing until the calculations catch up. I also get the one that going into b/b mode I get a massive slowdown which is fixed by hitting the ellipse. I have a lot of other bugs as well, but the simulation lag to me is the most worrying. How is the game going to be able to handle more when it struggles running what it already has?

I don't think it's my CPU -- I have a 10th generation i7. I do not believe that Sims 4 requires an i9. I also have 32GB of RAM, so I'm not running out of memory. So there's something else going on.

I also have run into both bugs and things that I consider bad design which aren't bugs, but really are obnoxious.

I haven't gotten this pack. I've watched a few Lets Plays from Gamechangers who like it and ones who don't and tbh, it just looks boring to me. I really wanted to give Sims 4 a chance now that they've added in likes and dislikes, but even those do not make up for what I consider the flaws in the core gameplay.
    Felicity wrote: »
    I'm amazed that there are people who don't have simulation lag. I get a few different kinds. I get the one where on fast forward, the clock will jump back. I get the one where I have to hit pause because if I don't, my sims will stand around doing nothing until the calculations catch up. I also get the one that going into b/b mode I get a massive slowdown which is fixed by hitting the ellipse. I have a lot of other bugs as well, but the simulation lag to me is the most worrying. How is the game going to be able to handle more when it struggles running what it already has?

I don't think it's my CPU -- I have a 10th generation i7. I do not believe that Sims 4 requires an i9. I also have 32GB of RAM, so I'm not running out of memory. So there's something else going on.

I also have run into both bugs and things that I consider bad design which aren't bugs, but really are obnoxious.

I haven't gotten this pack. I've watched a few Lets Plays from Gamechangers who like it and ones who don't and tbh, it just looks boring to me. I really wanted to give Sims 4 a chance now that they've added in likes and dislikes, but even those do not make up for what I consider the flaws in the core gameplay.

You don't say what video card you have.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member

If they don't put subtittles on their video how can people that can't hear, like me, can tell if they're using mods?

The video card shouldn't matter when it comes to simulation lag, but it's a 2060 rtx, which can more than handle most games.
  • aislingaisling Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Felicity said:
    > The video card shouldn't matter when it comes to simulation lag, but it's a 2060 rtx, which can more than handle most games.

Graphics card (video): NVIDIA GTX 650 or better.

2060 is 6 series above the recommended GPU specs for the game. Your GPU is clearly not an issue. I also have an i9, 32gb ram, and a 2080 super and still experience simulation lag and random FPS drops (with and without mods to be clear).
    I've got the NVidia 2080 Super too on an Omen games laptop. NVidia runs the game at 144 fps but I don't run much at speed 3 in the game as I like the slow speeds best so probably don't suffer much lag. I've never used mods or CC at all though. Do you allow NVidia to optimise your game?
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited June 2021

The video card shouldn't matter when it comes to simulation lag, but it's a 2060 rtx, which can more than handle most games.

I think it's partly luck. So many different things cause it. I don't have simulation lag (i9, 2080 Ti), and my save is huge and several years old... I also don't have this latest pack, but I want it and intend to get it once they sort out some of the bugs.

ETA: I have a ton of mods too, but I think they help identify/fix errors (MCCC and SimInfo are helpful at least).
    edited June 2021
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Not everyone experiences the same bugs. It, among other things, depends on which packs are colliding and if you have those packs installed...

I never get any bugs thank god:) I own all but 1GP and 1K
    I always wondered why some get them I don't.

You don't have any bugs?? Lucky you! :)

I Even play Eco lifestyle so much. without a single issue. same with bust dust :)

My mods folder has been mostly empty apart from some CAS poses.

had bugs with dine out a few years ago with the endless waiting for food and sims not sitting down but nothing else.
    sorry you and others get them :/

Dine Out would be so awesome without waiting around for food. The bugs are annoying. I don’t know if they’ve fixed it and I haven’t played any restaurants for a year. 😩

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    So I am slowly changing my mind on this pack, because of bugs alone. Twice now I have done renos that were specific, one a bathroom and the other a kitchen. Both failed even though I did exactly what was asked, the furniture and decorations and colors were all those the client liked. The only successful renos I have had are for generic rooms. This is making the pack not fun for me. I am done with the career until they fix it.
    Not everyone experiences the same bugs. It, among other things, depends on which packs are colliding and if you have those packs installed...

I Even play Eco lifestyle so much. without a single issue. same with bust dust :)

had bugs with dine out a few years ago with the endless waiting for food and sims not sitting down but nothing else.

Dine Out would be so awesome without waiting around for food. The bugs are annoying. I don’t know if they’ve fixed it and I haven’t played any restaurants for a year. 😩

Dine out appears to run much better now for me, that's if I play with my own restaurants and newer fittings and objects.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Dine out appears to run much better now for me, that's if I play with my own restaurants and newer fittings and objects.

That’s good to hear, I will update my restaurants and try them. Thanks 😎.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    edited June 2021
    haneul wrote: »

I think it's partly luck. So many different things cause it. I don't have simulation lag (i9, 2080 Ti), and my save is huge and several years old... I also don't have this latest pack, but I want it and intend to get it once they sort out some of the bugs.

ETA: I have a ton of mods too, but I think they help identify/fix errors (MCCC and SimInfo are helpful at least).

It may be luck, but that doesn't take away from what I'm saying. My computer is well above what should run the Sims 4 smoothly. If an i9 and a 2080ti are required for a lag-free experience (and at least one person in this thread with a more powerful computer also has lag), it's still a issue. How is Sims 4 going to continue to run for most people adding pack upon pack when it currently has simulation lag for many, many players.
    I've got the NVidia 2080 Super too on an Omen games laptop. NVidia runs the game at 144 fps but I don't run much at speed 3 in the game as I like the slow speeds best so probably don't suffer much lag. I've never used mods or CC at all though. Do you allow NVidia to optimise your game?
    It's not the graphics card. But out of curiosity, do you think an nvidia 2080 super is required to run the game without simulation lag?

And the high-speed clock jumping back is the super speed when sleeping/no one on the lot.
    edited June 2021

It may be luck, but that doesn't take away from what I'm saying. My computer is well above what should run the Sims 4 smoothly. If an i9 and a 2080ti are required for a lag-free experience (and at least one person in this thread with a more powerful computer also has lag), it's still a issue. How is Sims 4 going to continue to run for most people adding pack upon pack when it currently has simulation lag for many, many players.
    It's not the graphics card. But out of curiosity, do you think an nvidia 2080 super is required to run the game without simulation lag?

And the high-speed clock jumping back is the super speed when sleeping/no one on the lot.

I didn't mean to imply that you should upgrade your PC, only that the game is buggy and the lag is probably not due to anything you or I are doing. I'm sure that my specs help with my not having lag, but I'm also sure that even I could get it too despite my i9 and 2080 Ti because of how buggy the game is. I'm just lucky I don't have any.

I'm also specifically not buying DHD right now because of how buggy it is, so I don't know how EA thinks the Sims 4 can continue on like this. They're going to have do a better job for at least a little while.

I didn't mean to imply that you should upgrade your PC, only that the game is buggy and the lag is probably not due to anything you or I are doing. I'm sure that my specs help with my not having lag, but I'm also sure that even I could get it too despite my i9 and 2080 Ti because of how buggy the game is. I'm just lucky I don't have any.

oh, that was my point as well. Right now, between crypto currency miners and the microchip shortage, I'm not upgrading anything any time soon. But for the Sims 4, I don't think it would help anyways. The problems with simulation lag are deep in the foundation. They've made improvements on some types (they did miracle work on the loading screens back when those started to become an issue), but other types are just so elusive. There are two mods that help a lot with it, but without a proper fix, it will continue being a problem, and as they add more packs, it will get worse.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

You beat me to it. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Felicity @haneul When you guys are talking about lag, do you mean when your sims are sleeping and the 3 times speed slows down, then starts going fast again?

I have a i9 and a 2080ti and I used to see that all the time, then I got rid of my 3rd world internet provider and I don't see it anymore. I still don't have super fast speed internet but at a steady download speed of 5.5 mbs I haven't seen it again in my game.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on