Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Not everyone experiences the same bugs. It, among other things, depends on which packs are colliding and if you have those packs installed...

Correct as I noticed some people may encounter bugs at different times looking at routines as some bugs are activated by certain routines and not everyone uses the same routine. SO what I am saying just because you think you do not have the bug it may manifest itself at an later time possibly through an routine as one part on Sims series works or you may never see it if EA/Maxis actually fixes the bug.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited June 2021
    lexibee wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Not everyone experiences the same bugs. It, among other things, depends on which packs are colliding and if you have those packs installed...

There's an interesting irony: the more packs you have, the more money you've invested in the game, the greater the likelihood of trouble. Great!

Yep! And they expect players to keep buying more packs for 10 more years? HA, makes me laugh.

It makes sense, because the more separate content you put into a game the greater likelihood of things not meshing properly, but that's why I don't understand why they think they can just keep doing this for another decade (like I've said before, EA doesn't care if the game is broken or not, just if they get your money, soooo).

This is part of the reason why I've become a lot more considerate of which packs I buy...

Yeah but there players that will still buy it. :D and it won't be me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I never get any bugs thank god:) I own all but 1GP and 1K
    I always wondered why some get them I don't.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Correct as I noticed some people may encounter bugs at different times looking at routines as some bugs are activated by certain routines and not everyone uses the same routine. SO what I am saying just because you think you do not have the bug it may manifest itself at an later time possibly through an routine as one part on Sims series works or you may never see it if EA/Maxis actually fixes the bug.

Exactly!
    marcel21 wrote: »

You don't have any bugs?? Lucky you! :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

Maybe they just don't annoy you so you don't notice them.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    For some odd reason, they never dropped the price of stuff packs. They are still the same price as they were at release. I imagine the only time they really sell is during a sale. You would think they would be itching to sell more since especially since they are digital copies and cost them nothing to "make", unlike if they were still producing discs.

You can buy both EPs and SPs for $5 each when there's a sale on Steam (Summer, Halloween, Black Friday, Christmas, Lunar Year). Of course, if you already bought your game on Origin you need to buy the EPs on Origin too. However, if you buy the base game on Steam you can register the BG and the packs on Origin and have them on BOTH platforms.

The worlds are tricky. Some of them you can buy with SimPoints (when you register some packs you get free SimPoints, so you can buy one or two worlds with those) and there are some bundles that include two worlds (there's one that includes Hidden Springs and Monte Vista and it looks like a fair deal for two really nice worlds).

There are some worlds that have a Gold version but unless you are REALLY interested in the gameplay items they have, they are really not worth it. In some cases, you can buy the exclusive Gold content without having to buy the world (the Renaissance Faire, which includes Dragon Valley's Gold content, can be bought individually for $17). The Gold versions of the world generally give you a lot of free SimPoints, so in a way you aren't paying extra for them, in fact you're paying less (but it forces you to pay more upfront and keep buying content from the Store). For example, the Gold version of Dragon Valley gives you 1900 SimPoints, so this version ends up costing $16, cheaper than the standard version.

It all sounds really complex, but the good thing about The Sims 3 is that you DO NOT NEED Stuff Packs or Store content to have an amazing experience. EPs have two or three times more gameplay content than Sims 4 EPs. And you don't even need every EP, just Generations, Seasons and Pets and maybe Late Night, University Life and Showtime to have more venues to visit. The Sims 3 base game is such a strong foundation, it doesn't "force" you to buy additional content like The Sims 4's BG does.

I know. :) I have everything on disc and owned the store before the end (thank you free Simpoints and CYS).
    The point I was making was that they dropped the price of the base game and the EPs to $19.99, but left the SPs at their original price. I think the Worlds not sold in the store via points are also still at their original price ($19.99 for the world, $34.99 for the world with it's corresponding venue if I remember the prices from so long ago.)
    You would have thought they would have dropped the prices across the board...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    For some odd reason, they never dropped the price of stuff packs. They are still the same price as they were at release. I imagine the only time they really sell is during a sale. You would think they would be itching to sell more since especially since they are digital copies and cost them nothing to "make", unlike if they were still producing discs.

You can buy both EPs and SPs for $5 each when there's a sale on Steam (Summer, Halloween, Black Friday, Christmas, Lunar Year). Of course, if you already bought your game on Origin you need to buy the EPs on Origin too. However, if you buy the base game on Steam you can register the BG and the packs on Origin and have them on BOTH platforms.

The worlds are tricky. Some of them you can buy with SimPoints (when you register some packs you get free SimPoints, so you can buy one or two worlds with those) and there are some bundles that include two worlds (there's one that includes Hidden Springs and Monte Vista and it looks like a fair deal for two really nice worlds).

There are some worlds that have a Gold version but unless you are REALLY interested in the gameplay items they have, they are really not worth it. In some cases, you can buy the exclusive Gold content without having to buy the world (the Renaissance Faire, which includes Dragon Valley's Gold content, can be bought individually for $17). The Gold versions of the world generally give you a lot of free SimPoints, so in a way you aren't paying extra for them, in fact you're paying less (but it forces you to pay more upfront and keep buying content from the Store). For example, the Gold version of Dragon Valley gives you 1900 SimPoints, so this version ends up costing $16, cheaper than the standard version.

It all sounds really complex, but the good thing about The Sims 3 is that you DO NOT NEED Stuff Packs or Store content to have an amazing experience. EPs have two or three times more gameplay content than Sims 4 EPs. And you don't even need every EP, just Generations, Seasons and Pets and maybe Late Night, University Life and Showtime to have more venues to visit. The Sims 3 base game is such a strong foundation, it doesn't "force" you to buy additional content like The Sims 4's BG does.

This is important information! I couldn't find a clear answer when I was trying to figure out which to purchase from. So I (wrongly) assumed buying through EA (which takes you to Origin) would be the better move. Oh, well for me. But thanks for making that clear for others.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2021
    Trailers
    • GP09 Star Wars Journey To Batuu : 55K Thumb down
    • GP10 Dream Home Decorator : 54K Thumb up

It seems the community prefer when the game packs have no new gameplay.

EA listen to us... next step : Use Create-A-Sim with Dream Hair Stylist GP !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I never say never but I can say I rarely see any bugs in my game that affect my gameplay.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Trailers

The community or the builders of the community? It‘s a no-brainer that builders would love a pack with zero gameplay but tons of build/buy.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Trailers

I mean, I too liked the idea of the pack from the trailer, didn't think it would be that empty in actual depth.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Trailers

I think that Batuu got thumbs down for a lot of reasons. The whole thing smacked of the worst part of corporate anatomy kissing.

The building pack getting so many thumbs up is informative though. I can't disagree with you.
    Well, it seems that blaming the victims is a thing now 🤦‍♀️ because ofc there are no bugs in sims 4, we're lying.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well, it seems that blaming the victims is a thing now 🤦‍♀️ because ofc there are no bugs in sims 4, we're lying.
    I don’t understand why people blame mods. Sims 4 is the buggiest game! The bugs have bugs! 🤦🏼‍♂️Each pack causes more issues.

One thing though, updating the game disables mods though. You have to check your mods to see if they’ve been updated before turning them on. So for at least the first week of DHD mods would’ve been turned off? Why would anyone turn mods back on without checking?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

you leave cren out of this there really nice and do a lot of work in the bug forums
    and sometimes people do lie
    more for sim kids and more drama please

you leave cren out of this there really nice and do a lot of work in the bug forums

He made a public post.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2021

He made a public post.

not here though
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member

He made a public post.

@crinrict has been working voluntarily with EA Help for years. There's no reason for her to suddenly accuse people of having mods if she doesn't have evidence.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited June 2021

Crinrict is not saying that there are no bugs in the game. She is saying that she is spending a lot of time reporting bugs on Answer HQ that is caused by mods. And they can't determine if they are actual bugs because the people that report them are not removing their mods and testing playing the game without them.
    edited June 2021
    Players would not use mods to fix their game if EA/Maxis took time to fix it and in an timely manner as well. However I believe Crinrict was making an point. I do not use mods at all in my games because once EA/Maxis decide to fix an bug and it may not be the bug you wish to be fixed it sometimes disables the mod and now you have to wait for an update from the author to fix the bug EA/Maxis never fixed.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    I don’t understand why people blame mods. Sims 4 is the buggiest game! The bugs have bugs! 🤦🏼‍♂️Each pack causes more issues.

One thing though, updating the game disables mods though. You have to check your mods to see if they’ve been updated before turning them on. So for at least the first week of DHD mods would’ve been turned off? Why would anyone turn mods back on without checking?

Right about that and what is so ironic features was supposely cut to prevent the influx of bugs or lag. and it still happening. EA/Maxis does not tweak as often as they should, so I can see an lot of cutting in Sims 5.

You don't have any bugs?? Lucky you! :)

I Even play Eco lifestyle so much. without a single issue. same with bust dust :)

My mods folder has been mostly empty apart from some CAS poses.

had bugs with dine out a few years ago with the endless waiting for food and sims not sitting down but nothing else.
    sorry you and others get them :/

edited June 2021

I never get any bugs thank god:) I own all but 1GP and 1K :(

I think I would notice if my game bugged out on me :(

Bluegayle wrote: »

I never say never but I can say I rarely see any bugs in my game that affect my gameplay.

I haven't seen any either