Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2021
    Mia Patina
    June 4
    Week 5 Saturday

2021-05-28-14_49_16-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    In Progress
    • Improve Character Values (5/5 positive values in range)
    • Complete StrangerVille Mystery
    Information
    • I realized that I no longer had reShade installed. I thought I had reinstalled it several months ago but apparently not. So now it is installed again and this time I am using a preset from fantayzia called FantayziaEffects.

The house is already brighter so that is good.
    2021-05-28-11_17_18-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Even the dark shots are more visible.
    2021-05-28-11_17_32-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

It is time for Jess’s nightly ramble.
    2021-05-28-13_57_12-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Not only is she possessed but she is sick also.
    2021-05-28-14_21_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The house comes alive and Dylan makes several meals as everyone starts waking up. There is plenty of leftovers in the fridge but he needs three more excellent meals for his aspiration and his work requirements are to make food or drink daily.
    2021-05-28-14_22_26-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is watching a movie as she plans out her day. She wants to do some more snooping around and needs to get out of the house alone.
    2021-05-28-14_24_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Despite the weirdness, she is settling in fairly well with the family. She works on making friends which will help her when she heads off for the day at the “library”.
    2021-05-28-14_26_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jess might be possessed some of the time but she is still a mom and she gives Mia one of those looks.
    2021-05-28-14_27_56-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is going to fly through the aspiration mostly because I am not doing a full story on it. She is snooping around, stealing keycards, and exploring the abandoned laboratory.
    2021-05-28-14_33_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

She is also smart enough not to enter the pretty mist.
    2021-05-28-14_34_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

She even swiped a scanner she found in Jess’s closet. She isn’t worried that much about getting caught since Jess is off work until next week.
    2021-05-28-14_37_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

She chats with scientists, military officers, and conspiracy theorists around town and one of them even sends her a special filter to use for her next foray into the laboratory.
    2021-05-28-14_45_30-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The sight of the plants growing up through the toilet sent Jess running in fear. Mia had already replaced the scanner so she never suspected that it had gone missing for awhile today.
    2021-05-28-14_47_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jess knows this is a bad sign. She is still trying to pretend that everything will be okay though.
    2021-05-28-14_47_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia and Christie find a lot in common, other than Mia’s private investigation into the mysterious possessions. She will have to sneak out again tomorrow to see if she can get back into the laboratory. She is getting friendly enough with Christie that she might ask her to come along.
    2021-05-28-14_49_16-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2021
    Edited Oasis Springs: Day 2 above, or alternately, here's the link to it on my blog: Oasis Springs: Day Two

Yesterday's and today's posts coming soon. I apologize for being a bit late on this, I got really stressed and - as anyone who writes stories will know, creative writing when stressed grinds to a stuttering halt. I had to take a day off of EVERYTHING to get in the right mind-set to write that monster post, but I had to .. because it was a really important post for Jaz.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Edited Oasis Springs: Day 2 above, or alternately, here's the link to it on my blog: Oasis Springs: Day Two

Yesterday's and today's posts coming soon. I apologize for being a bit late on this, I got really stressed and - as anyone who writes stories will know, creative writing when stressed grinds to a stuttering halt. I had to take a day off of EVERYTHING to get in the right mind-set to write that monster post, but I had to .. because it was a really important post for Jaz.

@IllusoryThrall - Totally understand about needing to do a really large post for clarification on a character, or for them to move forward in the story. It was worth it! :)
    @SoulGal7 I'm glad you liked it! It was such a bear to write!

Oasis Springs: Day Three - Making Friends
    06-03-21_7-47-05-pm.jpg
    The next day, nothing was spoken about the therapist, and life continued as if nothing had changed. Everyone got off to school successfully (except for Benji, of course, who had already graduated) and even the twins were playing quietly on their own. Having their own room seemed to have given the twins a place to be and they spent less time constantly underfoot.
    06-03-21_7-49-27-pm.jpg
    After school, Phoenix played around on the new playground equipment, being that it was the first day since they moved in that it actually wasn’t raining.
    06-03-21_7-49-55-pm.jpg
    Before long, Jaz decided to join him, being that she needed to get started on her Motor skill for her new aspiration. She was waiting until Saturday’s Club and Park day to get that jungle gym played on box checked off.
    06-03-21_8-32-19-pm.jpg
    Myles headed off to his club meeting, and enthusiastically greeted his fellow club members.
    06-03-21_8-32-30-pm.jpg
    Inside, everyone got started on homework, chatting companionably.
    06-03-21_8-33-55-pm.jpg
    Myles took some time to make some new friends within the club – pictured here, Gideon and Olive.
    06-03-21_8-36-07-pm.jpg
    Also: our first look at the upgraded kid’s room I made for the club. Myles rummaged in some trash cans to find some Void critter cards, and spent some time training them up – before finding out it’s a lot easier to trade for a better Void Critter than to train them yourself.
    06-03-21_8-40-30-pm.jpg
    By the end of the evening, Myles was good friends with Alexander, and Friends with most of the other club members, which was a huge change for him, since historically his only friend was his mother. Myles was clearly turning over a new leaf.
    06-03-21_8-00-04-pm.jpg
    Back in Oasis Springs, Phoenix and Jaz were still having a great time outside. (Now is about the time I realized I had turned off free will for yesterday’s screenshots.. oops.)
    06-03-21_8-23-43-pm.jpg
    Benji, who was feeling terribly insecure because of his jealous trait, decided to take a major step… and ask the Future Cube some questions.
    06-03-21_8-23-54-pm.jpg
    The biggest question – what was his love life future going to be??
    06-03-21_8-24-03-pm.jpg
    Future cube says: “Your future looks bleak.” … What?!? What about Shaylee?? They were moving in together. Clearly the cube had to be wrong. Right?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    edited June 2021
    Okay I had a chat with @Karababy52 and she agreed that I wrap this month up fast. I was so late that it started to effect motivation badly.

So here it is,

Melody Connors.. and dude.

Rest of SV

mxnXsLK.png
    Perfect outfits to meet the mother, sure????
    tcCftoK.png
    heh, well.. maybe not :p
    kirjR2A.png
    only one thing to do..
    QxEDXiB.png
    and is it better time than now?
    wf450BP.png

HmQXgqf.png

lINJnrO.png
    ArskfKv.png

Cs6QUl6.png
    She is dead.
    pz1X0Tt.png
    orA2i7h.png
    RHC6TPo.png
    yORBYre.png
    Cs6QUl6.png

LLg4A7d.png
    One thing left to do..
    A9ma8Li.png
    lyy1N6b.png
    nvgb8es.png
    "what is this place??"
    S8jerUa.png
    Looks like you are gonna find out...
    QwsFwzE.png
    Alien: "Who are you and what are you doing in here?!"
    Melody: "Uhh.. I was exploring space and ended up here..."
    Alien: "Just leave, now."

YXJ9XLw.png
    p24qWEI.png
    w6Y9Bqk.png
    "well I am not leaving untill I collect some samples..."

Erl2epY.png
    That alien followed her.
    Alien: "Eh, I am sorry, I know why you are here, and I should of not be so rude to you."
    Melody: "Oh, you know? Well tell me!"

oDiIOhw.png
    All the sudden the alien hugged her, a bit too warm way..
    Alien: "Because you want a baby with me!!! You are crazy about me!! I feel the same!!"
    Melody: "UHH???!!??"

EtLH2wL.png
    "Thatis IT!" I am out of here!!!"

Alien: "I will follow you, my darling... "

cymUUiQ.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Comment time & I have a new thumbnail. Woot!

@Hermitgirl @Kanindota @AnnoyingTiger @lilypadmeulin @LegacySims2017 - Just wanted to say that I miss you all and your One Month/One Year stories and hope that you are all doing okay :)

@Ellupelluellu - I've missed you!
    Nice to see Melody and Malcolm again, ready to do battle with the 'Mother" in their towels! lol And they miraculously beat her! Some scary shots there!! Yes! Good work! And then Melody heads to space and meets an alien who follows her! Oh no! What will happen there? He wants to have a baby with her?

@permanentrose -
    I had to laugh when I opened the spoiler and saw Jules rather burnt to a crisp! lol And Emmett takes it all in stride...hehehe...he is so calm and cool...I love it! Oh Dang! And then they get attacked by bats! Ugh! And they found the royal baths! And some treasure. Cool, and have a nice swim together :) Nice bathing suit Jules has on. And then...into the security of the tent. Nice update. Ahhh...these two...

@miss_eulenauge -Hang in there during exams
    Thank you so much for reading my story and for your compliments. I really appreciate it. And good luck on writing your exams. I know that is stressful. Nice you dropped in for a read :)

@sassytxbrat -
    I have the Strangerville pack, but have never played the mystery. Is a teen able to defeat the "Mother", or will she have to wait until she becomes a YA to do it? I love how you have goals to do per town. lol I pretty much wing it most of the time. hehe Unless, I get an idea, and then I jot it down in a notebook. But then all of that gets tossed out when the game does something unexpected. lol Lots of snooping around for Mia, and it looks like she might tell Christie what's going on.

@IllusoryThrall -
    Looks like that playground equipment is paying off and the kids are having some fun. Myles seems to be fitting in his club so well, and making new friends. Jaz and Phoenix seems to be hitting it off. Benji...oh Benji...his love life looks bleak...maybe sharing an apartment with your girlfriend and other roomies might not be a good idea - this is what I am predicting anyway.
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @SoulGal7 yes, teens are able to complete the mystery. I was so glad about that since she had a problem with something else later (I am about a week ahead of what is being posted)
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited June 2021
    Oasis Springs: Day Four - Benji's Day
    06-04-21_6-09-57-pm.jpg
    Post / Story:
    Benji woke up with a huge smile. Today was the day. He had a huge party planned for his birthday, and luckily, the new house was going to be big enough to hold all the people. He got dressed and took a selfie to commemorate the day.
    06-04-21_6-06-44-pm.jpg
    Marnie came downstairs to yell at Braydon for making a mess….
    06-04-21_6-06-52-pm.jpg
    … but Braydon apparently didn’t care. The music was his vibe, and he was just dancing. Brett, on the other hand, didn’t like Benji’s loud alternative music, and had ran off to the twins’ room, throwing a massive temper tantrum about the loud music.
    06-04-21_6-12-12-pm.jpg
    Ignoring the screaming toddler in the next room, Marnie sat down to make Benji’s birthday cake. Cooking was a little bit of her zen calm, and since she had no idea about the teen-focused party that was about to happen, she let herself vibe on planning a nice sit down dinner and family party for Benji.
    06-04-21_6-12-31-pm.jpg
    Bennie was acting out of character. His eldest son was growing up and getting ready to move out, and his pride was about to make him burst his buttons. (If he’d been wearing something with buttons, that is….) (Had he told Marnie about that? Nope. He forgot.) When his son offered to show him pictures of his girlfriend, he happily obliged, and even agreed that she was a knock-out beauty.
    06-04-21_6-13-46-pm.jpg
    Marnie finished the cake, and stood back to admire it. It was perfect. Feeling rather proud of herself, she gazed at it for a while, not noticing when Benji came around the corner and saw her staring at the cake.

Benji guiltily realized that he ought to tell his mother about his plans.
    06-04-21_6-14-52-pm.jpg
    Sitting her down, he thanked her for making the cake… then told her about the party.

“Everyone’s coming over, mom, so I hope you’re planning to cook extra for dinner…” he began.
    06-04-21_6-15-29-pm.jpg
    “Well, I thought we were just having a nice family party. But I guess not..” Marnie started, then waved her hand. “I suppose Benji could make some hamburgers on the grill for the party? As long as you’ll help clean up…”
    06-04-21_6-15-56-pm.jpg
    “Help clean up?? When would I have the time for that? Shaylee and I are moving to San Myshuno as soon as the party ends.”

“What?” Marnie replied, stunned. She had no idea what her son had been planning, and had been so wrapped up with the twins, and Myles, and Jaz’s issues, that she hadn’t even thought to ask.
    06-04-21_6-16-00-pm.jpg
    “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. Shaylee is my girlfriend. We’re getting a big apartment in the city with some of our friends. You remember Jay, right? He and his girlfriend will be there, too. Everything will be fine. There’s so many opportunities in the big city…” Benji didn’t bother to mention it was larceny options that he was planning on working on, not actual job opportunities, but he didn’t think dear old Mom needed to know that.
    06-04-21_6-16-15-pm.jpg
    “Oh! Jay is such a good kid. I’m glad you’ll have a good friend there. And congratulations on the girlfriend. I wish you’d told me sooner, but I hope you’ll remember to stop back from time to time.” Marnie’s frown disappeared at the mention of Jay being there (she had always liked his best friend – sometimes Benji had wondered if she liked Jay more than him – but he had never said anything.)
    06-04-21_6-22-02-pm.jpg
    Upstairs, Jaz was helping out with some chores, hoping to get back on Marnie’s good side. Marnie hadn’t said a single word to her since the Therapist appointment disaster, and Jaz wasn’t sure what that might mean.
    06-04-21_6-23-27-pm.jpg
    Downstairs, Bennie was playing with one of the twins, and the two were having a great time. Braydon was planning on talking to Benji on the couch, and Marnie was ready to catch Brett should he fall off of Bennie’s back.
    06-04-21_6-23-41-pm.jpg
    Bennie must have really been in a good mood, because this picture certainly looked like a model for a perfect family. Even Marnie looks peacefully serene for a change. However, that was about to change.
    06-04-21_6-27-42-pm.jpg
    Guests started to arrive, and Benji changed into his Gig outfit, and was hamming it up for the company.
    06-04-21_6-27-51-pm.jpg
    The horror film on TV was grossing out the girls, but the boys all seemed to approve of the title (including Myles, who had never been allowed to watch this before.. and was taking advantage of his parents’ good moods by sitting, quietly watching the forbidden movie.
    06-04-21_6-30-00-pm.jpg
    Benji greeted Shaylee with a kiss, never saying anything about the Future cube’s prediction, because that was just a toy, wasn’t it? She was so happy to see him, and Benji’s worries and insecurities vanished with her closeness.
    06-04-21_6-32-38-pm.jpg
    With a grin, and a thought while he pretended to make a wish like a little kid, Benji prepared to blow out his candles.
    06-04-21_6-33-01-pm.jpg
    (Apologies on the mouse over outline, I couldn’t skip using this picture, because it’s so awesome, but that outline drives me NUTS.) Benji hurried up and took care of the candles all in one breath, drawing applause from the crowd of teens and family.
    benjiya.jpg
    (… He rolled Hot Headed. Appropriate.)
    06-04-21_6-39-46-pm.jpg
    After putting away the first piece of the cake (into his tummy, of course), Bennie’s burgers were done, and the party continued loudly. They played games, and told jokes.. and generally made a disaster of the house. By the time the party wound down and everyone was ready to go, the place was a disaster. Not nearly as bad as it had been, of course, but Marnie felt completely overwhelmed just looking at the mess. And – to add insult to injury.. her eldest son was walking out of the house with his suitcase in one hand, and his girlfriend on the other.. having completely forgotten to say goodbye to his family.
    benjimoves.jpg
    (This is Benji’s earnings from his sale of the armor, and various game tournaments won. The other kids all had some money to their names, as well, and all eight Kleptos moved to the city. I did have to do some fixing after forgetting to make young adults allowed in the club, and aging-up Benji kicked him out of the club. All fixed now, and he’s leader again.)
    06-04-21_8-11-45-pm.jpg
    At the doorstep of their new apartment, after everyone else had gone inside, Jay proposed to his girlfriend, Rita.. and she accepted!
    06-04-21_8-12-27-pm.jpg
    They didn’t plan on telling anyone else, but they quickly eloped….
    06-04-21_8-16-33-pm.jpg
    … and celebrated in their new bedroom.
    06-04-21_8-16-20-pm.jpg
    Next door, there were a few other celebrations, but these had nothing to do with a wedding, and more to do with finally being free of a family that Benji had wanted to escape for a very long time.
    06-04-21_8-13-57-pm.jpg
    The night finally was silent in the city, and all eight teens were sound asleep by the time I finished their apartment and left them for the night.
    06-04-21_8-29-02-pm.jpg
    … Back at the Malones’, the table was mute evidence that Marnie’s next day was going to be spent rage cleaning and wondering how her eldest son was doing in the big city.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    (Below: Apartment renovation pictures for the Kleptos.. I made it into a four bedroom three bath apartment, and managed to furnish and reno it almost within their budget. I left them with a little money for food, and made sure everything in the tiny apartment would work for everyone. They’re all assigned to beds, with Londyn and Emily in one room, and the brothers in the other, plus the two double beds for the couples…)
    06-04-21_8-12-43-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-12-53-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-13-01-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-13-06-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-13-20-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-13-34-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-13-48-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-14-11-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-14-18-pm.jpg
    Overhead pics of the two floor apartment:
    06-04-21_8-17-54-pm.jpg
    06-04-21_8-18-04-pm.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    More info for those interested: here are the age-up cards for all teens that aged up with Benji in the world. First: the Kleptos:
    ryanya.jpg
    jackya.jpg
    shayleeya.jpg
    emilyya.jpg
    ritaya.jpg
    jayya.jpg
    londynya.jpg
    Then, the two in the world that are connected to the story and were in Benji’s “class”, so also aged up:
    malcolmya.jpg
    cadeya.jpg
    And... that means I'm officially caught up with posts. Hoping to have time to catch up on reading in the next couple of days! :heart:
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 4: "First Audition"

9Ufik4P.png

Notes
    g8PDd1K.png
    Essa checked the mail before a limousine would arrive to take her to the audition. Goldie had insisted on the car even though Essa said it wasn't necessary. But the agent said, "Indulge me, I like to pamper my stars." Essa had protested, she wasn't a star, yet. Goldie just smiled and said, "In the eyes of the world you are."

1XXsokl.png
    (Great, the 'lovely' fan mail followed me here. How long is this stuff going to keep coming? Not a good smell for our front porch or for the mail truck. I feel bad for the mail carriers. I hope I don't smell like foul salmon now.) *sigh*

1QVkLo7.png
    (Just what I don't need, I'm already nervous enough as it is.)

cB6wJcr.png
    (What was it Josh said again?)

WwzGrmA.png
    (Oh, yeah. Just pretend you're back in the program playing a part again and you'll do just fine. I guess it's worth a try anyway.)

The limousine arrived seconds later and whisked Essa away to the audition for a part in a VoidBop music video. At least she did know how to dance, so that was in her favor. We'll see how it goes...

mWgd6UH.png
    She passed with flying colors! The video would be shot the next day at noon. Essa was given a 'script' so she could prepare and practice a couple skills needed to succeed. Surprisingly, there were only two; Charisma and Fitness. Apparently they already thought she had enough charisma because this goal was already checked off as complete. But not fitness. Essa was in excellent shape at Level 8 already, so it was a bit confusing.

*Note - Essa was too fast for me when she arrived home from the rabbit hole audition and was inside before I could pause to take a screenshot. I didn't feel like staging it, so that's why she's already in the gym here.

lhqbWdc.png
    She took it all in stride though and went up to the gym to take an endurance run on the treadmill. The task was checked off within minutes.

X3SaeM8.png
    With that completed, and since there was a big mirror right there, Essa decided to practice her acting a bit more. She wanted to be prepared for whatever her next gig might involve.

WmwCqEs.png
    While she was doing that, Goldie sent her a message. The agency was sending over a bouquet of flowers in congratulations for her wonderful audition. How nice! I wonder if she really will get that though. I checked the mail, her inventory and household inventory, no bouquet. Maybe tomorrow? Or it's just a fun pop-up we're supposed to pretend had happened? I have no idea. This is all new to me. I thought I'd get to follow her to the audition, that's how much of a noob I am to this aspiration. :D

UkKRTts.png
    Josh arrived home with another promotion! He's now Level 8 in his career and a Lieutenant Colonel. I wasn't going to keep him in the military, but decided to let him keep it surmising it wouldn't take long for him to advance to the top level. I'm confident he will indeed within a few days. Congrats Josh!

NFSavXJ.png
    He now has eight shiny medals in his display case, only two to go! He also received a big bonus and a new training bot.

CFWaQiE.png
    He had been working hard all day and needed some fun. What's the second most fun thing that Josh likes to do? Play video games, of course. He went online and challenged Damon to a round of Party Frenzy. He beat him soundly and then...

b0ew4JI.png
    This happened! o.O Josh ended up one step down from Hysterical. Gah! I love looking at Josh's handsome face, but that look scares me to death! I sent him to the entrance way mirror to try to calm down. Please don't die, Essa will be devastated and so will I!

YHSAah3.png
    He kept talking to himself, making weird faces (that honestly cracked me up) and in-between those, laughing like a loon!

BfImOKv.png
    Eventually though, he calmed down. *whew* That was a close one!

frFlj8W.png
    Uh, Josh, you are calmed down now, right? o.O Don't worry, he's fine. ;) That's the last time I let him play games while he's already extremely happy from a string of events; being smitten with Essa, great decorations, the promotion, high needs, etc. Winning that game against Damon tipped him over the edge.

dA7ueEy.png
    I noticed someone had bought the knitted cactus plant he made, so I had him mail it out to check off a milestone task and then go knit. Something calm and relaxing! I love that he really seems to genuinely enjoy knitting.

Lgr3bza.png
    Essa joined him in the kitchen after awhile to have a late dinner before going to bed. He smiled to see her enjoying the meal. He loves what he cooks makes her happy. After knitting a couple more items, Josh went to bed as well and that's where I ended this play session.

Tomorrow will be Essa's first gig (and mine) for the aspiration. I wish I'd known she needed to do a commercial or I would've picked a different agency. Oh well, at least I know now. Excited to see what happens at the gig!

Since I felt like I was ahead for a change and I hadn't played the new DHD GP or Courtyard Kit yet, I did that last night instead of playing with Essa. o.O Shouldn't have done that. Now I'm back to the same thing as before. Oh well, at least I've been getting my Daily Post pics in on time for the past six months. Honestly, I did not think I would last this long! I'm glad I was wrong. I think writing a story along with the Daily pics has helped with that. At least for me. :) And, more importantly, having all of YOU along for the ride! Thank you! :)

Anyway, I'll be back soon to update and comment/reply! Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @IllusoryThrall
    Gemma Fleming is SO CUTE OMG. I love her. Good work that therapy appointment. Everything from the screenshots and facial expressions to the decor of the office and the dialogue you wrote was perfect! Marnie's reaction was heart breaking but predictable in this scenario. But I feel hopeful for Jaz since they are finally being heard and understood for the first time ever!

Uh, oh, since Benji moved out, is there a chance there's gonna be another Malone baby now haha?

@sassytxbrat
    Nice that you found a way to get your photos lighter, they do just look so much brighter now! Cute that Mia and Christie are becoming friends too. It will be fun to see Mia continue to solve this mystery. I know I had a blast with it last month

@Ellupelluellu
    Glad you motivated yourself just to finish up the month - I agree with that choice, not worthing feeling stressed abut being behind. You got some great shots - love that they were gonna try to fight the mother plant in their towels lol. Nice little trip to Sixam too! I love that you included some GTW stuff this month.

@Karababy52
    I agree that writing a story has really helped me as well! It really just makes this challenge feel extra purposeful, and of course the encouragement from everyone else too has been great. I enjoy checking this challenge daily to see what other's post just as much as I enjoy writing my own post too :)
    *Updated my June 4th post above! Comments coming up next! :)
    @SoulGal7
    Thanks, but it wasn't my idea. The person who created this lot had water flowing from that jar when I downloaded it. I accidentally removed whatever they did to do it when I removed a bunch of rocks from around the pool. I'm guessing they used the T.O.O.L. Mod somehow to create that effect. I just improvised and came up with my own way. It looks similar though and I'm satisfied with it. :) There are some spectacular views of DSV from their house up in the hills. I didn't even show the city with all the lights and spotlights shining up into the sky. I'll probably take a screenshot or two of that at some point.

Yes, robots can have jobs. I've been thinking about putting him in the Entertainment career. He already has the Jokestar aspiration. I'm so, so glad to have Josh's hair back! I missed it so much. I love Essa's hairstyle too. It came with the DHD GP. Absolutely love Wolfgang's sense of humor and yes, it does suit him to a T! ;) LOVE your new avy too! <3

@permanentrose
    I think we all put a little of ourselves in every character we make, so it doesn't surprise me you love pets too. Plus you've shown me your pets in PMs. :) I've seen a couple cats in Glimmerbrook too, but that's it. Aha! I bet that's exactly where the Mother plant trophy is located. It's too big to go in their personal inventory, so yes, look in George & Theresa's household inventory.

That's one very big reason why I started this challenge, to explore and do things I've never done before in the game. It's fun going in almost totally clueless and figuring out stuff on your own sometimes rather than knowing what to expect before trying it. I love surprises too, so there's that. ;) Oh man, that sounds just the same as what I did for Essa. I put an easel in her inventory too intending to have her paint the Mother. But I forgot all about it. Opps! o.O

Oh dear, sounds like you either have a glitch or the 'vacation' bills bug is back. Sims aren't supposed to get bills based on the value of their vacation rental plus their own home while on vacation. However, they will get bills for their home while on vacation. It was fixed in a patch a long time ago, but sounds like it's back. Bummer. :(

I adore that hairstyle except for one thing. It makes it hard to take screenshots and see both of their faces, it's either/or most of the time because they both have a style that covers half their face from the side now and it just happens to be opposite sides. LOL! Oh well, she's keeping it. I think it's very glamourous and perfect for GF. :)

Josh would agree with you on any excuse for Woo Hoo! ;) It just seemed natural she'd be a good actress from 'acting' for so many years in that program. We'll see if that actually pans out. Essa's new hairstyle is from the DHD gamepack which was just released! It's my favorite from the pack. Her casual outfit is from that pack too and the shorts in her athletic wear.

Love Jules outfit in "Deeper in the Jungle" in the daily shot and the more I see her with that long hairstyle, the more I like it on her! Oh man, I knew bad stuff could happen if you made the wrong choice with those pop-ups when they go through the gates, but I didn't know she could get burnt by an egg! Poor thing! :( Love those 'Waterfall in a bottle' showers, so handy! Plus there's the fact I've seen some screenshots of sexy guys without a shirt using that...oh my. LOL

Emmett looks so smug getting treasure out of that chest instead of a curse. hehe She got attacked by bats too? o.O She is not having very good luck in the jungle so far. o.O Oh well, uh, my mistake. She definitely got 'lucky' in the end! ;)

Agree indeed to everything you said in your last comment toward me, definitely! :) BTW, just because I write long rambling comments, you don't have to reciprocate. I don't want it to be a burden or stressful for you. Short and sweet is cool. Even if just one line, it's all appreciated! ;) I tried to cut mine down, but I just can't seem to do it. I've resigned myself to the fact once a long-winded novelist, always a long-winded novelist! It's just who I am. *shrugs* :D

@Ellupelluellu
    I already commented on this in a PM, but let me just say again, I love seeing them standing there in towels! So funny! Did they actually go inside like that? I'm guessing no considering the next part. :) Absolutely LOVE the screenshot of the crater cloud. It looks like it's hovering over the town from that angle! o.O Oh man, she threw vaccine on your Simeon. LOL Did he get upset? The last guy looks like he enjoyed it. He's flirting with her?

Aww, poor Meredith and Duane were infected. But not for long! Yay! *gasp* Did Melody get eaten or something? Why is she wrapped up on the Mother's tongue? O.O Guessing you did this twice then? Or...? Well regardless, the Mother is defeated, that's all that counts. ;) HAHA! Oh dear another flirty guy eh? Melody sure has the guys in the palm of her hand. Go Melody!

I don't blame her for leaving in a hurry though. She has Malcom. She doesn't need a pink/purple haired alien's baby. Nope! No way! No how! At least I don't think so? Great updates! Excited to see Melody and Malcom in GF now. Melody will probably be famous way sooner than Essa since you've played the aspiration before, I think?

@miss_eulenauge
    I changed Family Britton to Amelia Britton for you! :) Hope all is going well for you at school! Yes, Josh and Essa are soulmates! They'll be together for the rest of their lives...and beyond! ;)
    Update 155 - The Temple

h7uzWT9.jpg
    In the morning, they packed up their camp and continued to explore.
    H3AitqB.jpg

"This must be one of the temples the locals were talking about," Jules told Emmett as a large structure came into view. "We totally have to explore it."

So they walked up the stone staircase and made their way inside. As they reached the end of the stairs, they noticed a channel of water obstructing the path to enter deeper into the temple.
    VQqQsau.jpg

"Guess we'll have to swim," Jules noted. They had kept their swimsuits on under their clothes just in case of a circumstance like this. Tossing their dry clothes over the other side, they climbed into the water and quickly swam toward the other bank. (Don't mind Emmett's facial expression. He has been flirty for 100% of this trip lol)
    UI3IUeM.jpg

The locals had warned Jules about potential traps in the temples, so they were careful as they began to walk around.
    jQVXTy3.png

"One of the vendors said that it's best to check to see if we can disable any ancient traps," Jules informed Emmett as she began to examine a row of skeletons lined up on the far wall. "She said to be careful though - the ancient Omiscans were masters at crafting booby traps. She also said that there's often a way to disable each trap though...and I think maybe if I pull one of these it might just work..."
    EO1bevB.png

"I don't know if you should touch that..." Emmett warned as Jules tugged on one of the spears.
    939hkSk.jpg

But it was too late. Fortunately, nothing serious happened, but it left them both feeling a little spooked.
    JQDrNXQ.jpg

"I saw another mechanism in the other room on our walk in," Emmett told her. "Perhaps we should examine that one...just be careful."
    m8SDTrW.png

They successfully disabled the trap, clearing out the green gas from the archway and were able to pass through unharmed.
    TQJZNlF.png

But there were many more traps to come, they soon discovered.
    rjYSb8Y.jpg

The air became chilly and damp as they found themselves deeper and deeper within the temple, and they both began to feel slightly uneasy as they noticed the piles of bones around them, hoping that they were not the remains of explorers like themselves who had never again reached the light of day.
    RL4XXFe.jpg

But they both agreed that there was no turning back now. They had ventured too deep to give up without finding the heart of the temple, so they continued on.
    RgslVHD.jpg

They had gotten pretty good at figuring out the tricks for each mechanism.
    MmF5qYq.jpg

But they didn't always guess correctly when disabling each trap, though luckily they experienced nothing of much consequence.
    MxDmccz.jpg

And before they knew it, they reached a room lined with treasure chests. The walls around literally sparkled with flecks of gold. They stood there for a moment, taking in the sight before them.
    Pe25NTh.jpg

They gathered all the artifacts they could find, planning to bring them to the museum in town so they could be properly documented and examined.
    xrNwPiu.png
    ViRe2eu.jpg

The sunlight was startling as they first exited the temple and stumbled back into the daylight, but their eyes soon adjusted.

"That was terrifying, but also pretty amazing," Jules told Emmett as they continued their walk back toward the Royal Baths so they could set up camp again there for the evening.
    vLsMCm7.jpg
    (I know they're just glitching by being in each other's space too closely, but it almost looks like they trying to hold hands <3)

--
    Missing TS3 World Adventures right about now, since woohooing in a sarcophagus would have been a fun way to conclude their temple exploration LOL
    edited June 2021
    A SHORT up-date from me. I know! Unheard of! lol

May 31 - University - WK 2 - Farewell Mt. Komorebi

dang-wolfgang.png
    It was their last morning in Mt. Komorebi, and Sakura had just finished making breakfast before they had to head to the airport for the plane ride back to Britechester. She called Wolfgang to the meal and they sat down together.

Wolfgang smiled as he gazed at Sakura, "I don't know how you can look so beautiful for someone who had no sleep last night. But you do, you look absolutely beautiful," he said, giving Sakura a dreamy look.

YOU-LOOK-BEAUTIFUL.png

Sakura smiled shyly and looked at Wolfgang shaking her head, "Oh no...don't start looking at me like that or you know what will happen...we'll miss our plane..."

morning-after-having-breakfast.png

Wolfgang: "...And that would be a bad thing?" he smirked.

AND-THAT-WOULD-BE-A-BAD-THING.png

Sakura: "Yes! We are graduating in a week...term starts tomorrow and I haven't done any homework and haven't even opened a textbook all weekend..."

Wolfgang: "We'll just cuddle up and sleep on the plane..."

Sakura: "Good idea, and then we'll just pull an all-nighter when we get home..."

TERM-STARTS-AND-I-HAVENT-EVEN-DONE-ANY-HOMEWORK.png

Wolfgang: "Oh? Another one? I thought we already did that last night..."

Sakura blushed: "Yeah...um...we did...but I meant doing homework..."

I-HAVE-TO-PACK.png

Wolfgang: "Oh" he said laughing, "Yeah, we'll see if there are any roomies left...maybe we'll have the house to ourselves..."

Sakura: "Yes, we'll be able to get some studying done..."

Wolfgang "Or...maybe we'll have to go on another date..."

Sakura raised her eyebrows and just shook her head laughing.

BLOW-A-KISS-TO-SAKURA.png

Wolfgang smiled seductively at Sakura and autonomously blew her a kiss, "You know...I'm ready to go on another date now..."

Sakura: "No! Oh no! We have to pack...I'm going upstairs..."

DONT-YOU-START.png

Wolfgang: "I better go with you, I think I may have left something in your bedroom last night. I'll have to take a look..."

I-THINK-I-MIGHT-HAVE-FOGOTTEN-SOMETHING.png

Wolfgang followed Sakura upstairs and kissed her at the landing.

KISS-BEFORE-THEIR-DATE.png

When they parted, Sakura looked into his eyes, "Oh Wolfgang..." she sighed...as they headed off to the bedroom together.

WOOHOO-HEARTS.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They waited for the airport shuttle outside their rental and it was snowing. Wolfgang took Sakura in his arms and kissed her, and when they parted Sakura smiled at him.

GOODBYE-MT-KOMOREBI-WITH-A-KISS-IN-THE-SNOW.png

Wolfgang: "I like seeing you smile, Sakura. Are you happy?"

Sakura: "Yes...very happy. I'm sorry it took me so long to break up with...um...someone else...to be with you. I should have done that a long time ago..."

Wolfgang: "Now...now...Sakura...let's put that in the past," he said gently, "This is a new beginning for us...and...um...now that you are newly single I would like to ask you something..."

DID-YOU-HAVE-A-NICE-DATE-LAST-NIGHT.png

Sakura: "Oh? And what is that?"

TIME-TO-HEAD-OUT-THE-NEXT-MORNING-ASK-TO-BE-GF.png

Wolfgang: "Well...I was going to ask you if you'd like to be my girlfriend..."

YES-I-WANT-TO-BE-YOU-GF.png

Sakura suddenly felt giddy, "Your girlfriend? Oh, absolutely! Yes!"

BF-AND-GF.png

OH-SAKURA-I-AM-SO-HAPPY.png
    OFFICIAL-NOTICE-BF-GF.png

They took a photo together and Wolfgang felt really happy that Sakura was now his girlfriend. He smiled and thought that this was just the beginning...

OH-YEAH-THIS-IS-JUST-THE-STRAT-WOLF.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The cover shot is actually when they first arrived in Mt. Komorebi and Wolfgang autonomously gave Sakura a kiss on the lips. I took a screenie because it was such a great shot, and I named it "Dang! Wolfgang!" lol As I've said before, Wolfgang has plans...oh yes...he has plans.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've had some busy weeks ahead of me and to be honest, all these people suddenly stopping the challenge didn't really do good to me to continue... But I finally played everything and I'll be publishing everything until today slowly, beginning with June 3.

---
    June 3
    Uwj9dQN.png

Bryons Diary
    (Bryon) “You respect Rene a lot, don’t you?”
    (Naoki) “What do you mean?”
    (Bryon) “Well, you let him slap you. You could’ve easily stopped him.”

HYZzemr.png
    (Naoki) “I mean, of course I respect him. He’s the only one who understands me besides Hana.”
    (Bryon) “You mean, your parents don’t understand you?”
    (Naoki) “Exactly. Well, mostly my father. My mother usually doesn't get to say anything, so I don't really know if she understands me.”

y9hqCzi.png
    (Naoki) “I’m actually a little scared to meet my parents after all these years.”
    (Bryon) “Why?”

Jz2RRkh.png
    (Naoki) “I just don't want to face my father and his short temper...”

39RINF0.png
    (Bryon) “Should I be worried?”
    (Naoki) “No... I’ll make sure of that. If he's only pointing one finger to you, I’ll make sure he'll regret it.”

YSvamqp.png
    Rene soon came over to pick us up. We left Audrey and Alex at daycare and then we went over to the Saito mansion.

QAX0SJ1.png
    The mansion looked nothing like what I imagined. It looked... Rather nice, actually.

OtKIzRG.png
    (Hana) “NAOKIIIII!!!! IT’S REALLY YOU!!!”

A red-haired teenage girl stormed out of the door and ran towards us. I guess that’s Hana. Behind her, some guards followed. Or well, at least one of them. The other one looked rather distracted.

ajIhx2Q.png
    (Hana) “You cut your hair... And you became so strong... And you’re still so tall...”
    (Naoki) “Yeah yeah, I missed you too... You became pretty tall though.”

WMbhbes.png
    (Hana) “I grew a lot, didn’t I?!”
    (Naoki) “You sure did!”

cvdPqKH.png
    (Naoki) “..Is that ring...?”
    (Hana) “Yes, it is...”
    (Naoki) “So father is really doing this...”

MJKOWvw.png
    (Hana) "Yeah, he is... I'm all against it, but he just won't hear me out..."
    (Naoki) "We'll deal with that, Hana."

JJnYnFO.png
    (Hana) "Really?!"
    (Naoki) "Of course. Everything for my little sister."

oMS5pQS.png
    (Hana) “Oh, you must be Naoki's husband."

ho5AmTd.png
    (Bryon) “Nice to meet you, Hana.”

0HLDFNE.png
    (Hana) “Awww, I can already see how much of a good guy he is for you, Naoki!”
    (Naoki) “Haha, thank you. He is...”

HSqVrBe.png
    (Guard 1) “We just got orders to head towards the dinner room. Food will be served soon. The Duke and Duchess already arrived.”

xMdl012.png
    (Hana) “Ah, I’ll guide you!! Follow me!”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    June 4
    fEAesrj.png

Bryons Diary
    (Hana) “The dinner room is just behind that corner. It’s been a long time since I had dinner with Mother and Father...”

Qfk7MxZ.png
    (Naoki) “So, they didn’t change at all after I left. Still not taking the time to eat together...”
    (Hana) “The only thing that changed is the amount of guards walking around here... But well, most of them are really nice.”

4koJpoU.png
    I’m feeling more and more uncomfortable with every step we take towards the dinner room.

0bV1r8t.png
    And then, the door opens.

9AmK9gw.png
    A man and a woman, both on the heads of the table. The woman looks rather sad, the man shows no emotion. I suddenly feel out of place with my blue hair.

(Naoki’s Mother - Maria) “Naoki... You’ve grown so much since the last time I saw you...”
    (Naoki’s Father - Katsutoshi) “Maria.”
    (Mother) “...”

4rMMyoj.png
    (Katsutoshi) “Naoki. Welcome back home.”
    (Naoki) “I’m only coming over for dinner, father. My home isn’t here.”

1KF4f1h.png
    The father suddenly got a big smile on his face. He’s planning something.

(Katsutoshi) “Please, sit.”

zPjMk2n.png?1
    As I wanted to sit down, he glanced at me in utter disgust.

VaKE11I.png
    That guy doesn’t like my presence for sure. Naoki and Hana saw it too.

UbmOJ2X.png
    The smile came back as he turned his eyes to Naoki.

(Katsutoshi) “Naoki. Don’t you think it’s time to stop this nonsense of yours? You’ve had you’re adventure. You belong to the house of Saito.”

LzM9pAn.png
    (Naoki) “Really, father? If the only reason for inviting me over is to ask me to come back, I’m not staying.”

gIeEoe1.png
    (Katsutoshi) “I’m not asking anymore, Naoki. You had your fun. I oblige you to come hack. I already arranged your wedding, so that you can be a true Duke yourself-“
    (Naoki) “THAT’S ENOUGH!!! What are you saying, a wedding?! I’m married already, I have kids!!”

nK1Sxij.png
    (Maria) “You... Have children...?”

For some reason, the mom genuinely liked the fact that Naoki had kids. It looked like she was about to say something...

RkHC0dY.png
    (Katsutoshi) “Maria, silence!”

uIM4aWR.png
    Then he turned back to Naoki.

(Katsutoshi) “Who’s the one you’re married to? Who carried your babies?”

LAvVn2s.png
    (Naoki) “The one I’m married with is Bryon...

0NSP8Vv.png
    (Naoki) “...and the one that carried my babies... Would be me.”
    (Katsutoshi) “Naoki... Please stop this nonsense..."

AXE8qJz.png
    (Katsutoshi) "Do you even hear yourself?! Marrying a man?! Carrying babies as a man?! In what kind of fairytale do you live?! You’ll get a divorce as soon as possible and you’ll marry the woman I chose for you!!!”

p7vJTLB.png
    (Naoki) “Or else?”

q8Tvf3R.png
    (Katsutoshi) “Don’t you dare talking back to me...”
    (Naoki) “I said... Or else?”

S2ksx2x.png
    (Katsutoshi) “Or else... I don’t want anything to do with you anymore. You’re no Saito. You’re weak. Mentally sick. You disgust me. You’re a dishonour of this family.”

mA2fjzU.png
    (Naoki) “Well. So be it. Bryon, we’re done here. I’m not staying one second longer.”

tAOaIXf.png
    Naoki then went over to his little sister.

(Naoki) “Hana, hold my hand.”
    (Hana) “...?”

DjsHH9e.png
    (Naoki) “Bryon. Now.”
    (Bryon) “TRANSPORTALATE!!”
    June 5
    t9TB29B.png

Bryons Diary
    (Hana) “You... Took me with you...”

4EpB3hr.png
    (Naoki) “Of course I did. I really didn’t want you to stay there. We have a spare bed.”
    (Hana) “Thank you, Naoki...”

eabr3x6.png
    (Hana) “And Bryon too... Thank you! I’ve never seen a Spellcaster before!”
    (Bryon) “It was no problem at all.”

YJzcenH.png
    (Naoki) “Is it okay for you if Hana and I are going to get the kids, and perhaps go to the park with them together?”
    (Bryon) “Sure. You should catch up with your sister.”
    (Hana) “You were for real when you told father and mother you had kids?”
    (Naoki) “Of course I was for real. So, wanna go get them from daycare with me?”
    (Hana) “Yes!!!”

182o1ct.png
    Naoki and Hana went out to get the kids and have a fun day together while I decided to go upstairs, to my new hobby room.

fxVZAvN.png
    There’s a lot of new computer stuff in here and I’ve been wanting to try these equipments out for a while now.

LbqEVV9.png
    One day at work, someone told me that she was a vlogger, and one of her videos suddenly blew up. I looked up some information about vlogging and decided that I wanted to try it too. I mean, it sounds interesting that people would listen to your opinion of something, and I just like to edit videos. Win-win!

S4lnKpG.png
    Well, this seems a little clumsy... I gotta practice on how to talk to a camera for sure...

SlZ8KUT.png
    (Bryon) “Aaaaand... Uploaded. I guess Naoki, Hana and the kids will come home soon. Better start making dinner.”

Behind the scenes
    lnoF53K.png
    (Hana) “Your kids are so beautiful! I’m so happy I got the chance to meet them...”
    (Naoki) “I’m glad to hear that.”

atJoR7B.png
    (Rene) “Please help me out...”
    (Hana) “Rene?”

SEChS2s.png
    (Rene) “The smell of that bush... Horrible...”
    (Naoki) “Rene, what are you doing here?”

axSoZ6m.png
    (Rene) "Your father... Got really angry after you all poofed away... And after destroying almost half of the house, he’s now getting the papers ready to disinherit you both. Your mother tried to talk sense into him, but...”

ZbGoal8.png
    (Naoki) “He can disinherit us all he wants. It's no use."
    (Rene) "What do you mean?"
    (Hana) "We called the police, and since Bryon and Naoki are good friends with the chief officer, they’re taking this case very seriously. What father did... Locking me up like that and forcing me AND Naoki into marriage... That’s illegal.”

zffmHEF.png
    (Rene) “Oh no, is the police already on their way to the mansion?"
    (Naoki) "Yes, why?"
    (Rene) "Duchess Saito... I left her all alone to come bring this news... She must be so scared."
    (Hana) "... Mother..."
    (Rene) "Don't worry, Hana. I'll make sure your mother is okay and I'll keep you updated, okay?"
    (Hana) "Okay..."
    (Naoki) "You can count on Rene. Mother will be okay."

x5yzU04.png
    (Rene) "Well then, I'll be on my way."
    (Hana) "Thank you for doing all this, Rene."
    (Rene) "Haha, no problem at all!!"

(Naoki) "We should probably also head home. Rene, we'll speak to you soon, okay?"
    (Rene) "Yes, sir!"
    edited June 2021
    So I'm dog sitting for the next 17 days, but unfortunately the wifi at this house is super slow so everything is lagging so much. Pretty frustrated just waiting for imgur to upload some images right now, and not all the photos for your updates are loading well for me right now. I don't even know if this text only comment will post nicely, we'll see in a minute. Gonna be a rough 17 days with poor internet but I'll hopefully make things work :)

I shall attempt comments later. Right now I just need to get off of my computer and do something else for a bit since this is getting too frustrating.
    So the wifi situation...not great haha. But the cell service is surprisingly good so I can actually load things relatively fast on my phone if I'm not connected to the wifi. There doesn't seem to be a lag with posting comments either, it's just the overload of images and then waiting for things to upload to imgur that's taking FOREVER. Luckily playing the sims does not require any internet at all, so I will definitely be able to continue to play. It's just going to be a pain to load all my images to imgur but with some patience, I should be able to make it work.

@Karababy52
    Honestly I don't mind writing you a novel, I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to haha. I enjoy our conversations in the comments :)

How long does the Strangerville fan mail last??? Since Jules has been in the jungle, I've been free of that for now haha. Nice work with Essa's audition. I do really love her hair and outfit. This might be a GP I'd consider getting in the future when I have more time and funds for it. Seems like a cool pack for people who enjoy building and decorating homes, which is something I've always enjoyed. Nice work with Josh in the military too! I hope to have Emmett rejoin at some point (thinking about storylines that would allow him to do that in future) and get him all those medals, I just love having complete collections of things to display like that haha. Emmett seems to always be one step away from hysterical with his goofball trait. He's actual been hysterical once or twice, but lived to tell the tale. You think it would be more fun to get our sims playful, but you always have to weigh the risk of an emotional death...

I'm excited to see what happens with the gig too! I'm living this pack vicariously through you haha.

I do love discovering all there is to this game too, and playing so intentionally over a long period of time really has encouraged me to slow down and appreciate the animations and explore interactions I never really have before. This challenge is for sure the most fun I've had playing the sims, ever. So thank you for that.

Whatever bug is causing these money problems, I'm just over it at this point and will focus on doing all the lucrative tasks I can think of when they return back home. It's so easy to get rich in the sims, and since Jules rarely has any needs, she'll be super efficient at doing many tasks that can bring in some money. Plus Emmett is starting work so he'll start getting a daily paycheck again.

Thanks for you compliment about her hair and outfit. Jules' hair has really grown on me too. It was a little too different at first and I almost regretted the change, but it looks quite lovely on her the more I see it, and I think maybe making a big change like will make me open to more styles on her so perhaps she will sport many different looks for this challenge now :)

There's nothing in the jungle I'm too worried about for these guys. Poison darts are the biggest concern, because I think they will die without an antidote after a certain period of time, but even that is pretty easy to remedy. Other than that, most of the jungle buffs only cause some mild inconvenience. I've never actually played these through these aspirations before, but I have played this pack a decent amount with other sims since it's one of the only ones I had for a while, so I'm pretty good at not dying in the jungle and knowing what to expect haha.

@Skeilah
    Yay, glad to see some posts from you, but it's totally understandable for real life to come first, as I've told you. But I do love seeing Bryon updates. That's a lovely mansion for Naoki's parents...but not so lovely - Naoki's parents, especially his dad :( But Hana is so adorable and bubbly. I adore her. And I feel like Naoki's mom might have the potential to be a sweet character too. And maybe even sway her husband to calm down a bit. It will be fun to see how you play and resolve this whole storyline. Hana meeting the kids was sweet too, and I like that Rene is such a prominent character is on the side of the kids in all this. Nice work with Bryon starting some vlogs too to work on his fame!

@SoulGal7
    I'm excited that you finally have these two together as an official couple. It just opens up a whole new world of interactions and storylines to have them properly in a romance. I've loved exploring that with Emmett and Jules. And Sakura and Wolfgang are so perfect together. I'm really excited to see your gameplay with them :) Basically life can just be a giant woohoo fest now LOL. That's a great shot you have for profile pic, I love it. You'll have to send them back to Mt. Komorebi again one day and have them do the mountain excursion and woohoo in a tent and that cave haha.

@permanentrose If it becomes too tough, you can always just save up the posts for when you're done with the dog-sitting things. At least you'll have them written and played, which is more than half the battle. :smiley: Also:
    I'm so glad you liked Gemma. Jaz really needed an adult that would be on her side, and I worked really hard to make Gemma approachable and just the kind of therapist everyone hopes to get. Poor Jaz certainly hasn't had a grown-up that would advocate for her.. basically, ever. So this will take some getting used to for her. The photo shoot for that post went really well, but I ended up with 10 screenshots for every one shot I actually used.... which is part of why that was horribly difficult to write. The other part is that, quite frankly, this is a major turning point in the story, and I wanted to get it JUST RIGHT.

As for the Malones and babies... who knows. I hadn't planned on it.. but it is an interesting option! I will definitely keep my mind open to the possibility!
    Oasis Springs: Day Five - Bennie's Best Day
    06-05-21_9-41-56-pm.jpg
    The morning after Benji’s party was a rush of activity. Luckily, it was a Saturday, so all the kids were able to help with the clean-up. Jaz collected laundry, then did the dishes, wondering where everyone else had gone. Marnie had started cleaning up the dishes, but left them behind. Myles was last seen emptying the toddler’s potty, then he pretty much disappeared. Phoenix took the trash out, then also seemed to go missing.
    06-05-21_9-47-28-pm.jpg
    Once the house was clean, Jaz wasted some time on the Monkey bars before it was time for the club meeting. Elsa had asked that it be a little later in the evening, so there was time to kill before it started. It also certainly helped that Jaz didn’t have to ride the bus from Magnolia Promenade anymore. She could just walk down the road to the park.
    06-05-21_9-47-41-pm.jpg
    Myles had decided he needed to work on his Mental skill before scouts, so that’s what he had been doing.

Phoenix, on the other hand, was brazenly watching TV in the living room after doing very little to help the clean up.
    06-05-21_9-50-01-pm.jpg
    Outside, on the other hand, Bennie was having a grand time. It was Neighborhood brawl day, and he was taking full advantage of it.
    06-05-21_9-50-16-pm.jpg
    One fight won! And after some practice with some of his joke material, Bennie went to find his next victim.
    06-05-21_9-51-45-pm.jpg
    Fight # 2! Another win for Bennie. Some more jokes… and another target sighted.
    06-05-21_9-52-43-pm.jpg
    Fight # 3! Bennie dusted off his hands, and gave the fella a hug for his participation. A few bad jokes later, and a dazed townie was walking away, nonplussed.
    06-05-21_9-53-39-pm.jpg
    Fight # 4! Bennie decided that, since he’d completed part of his aspiration, and gotten gold on the holiday, he was going to quit while he was ahead, and wandered off home to watch some sports.
    06-05-21_9-54-06-pm.jpg
    Myles returned from scouts, one more badge richer, and only one badge to go.
    06-05-21_9-57-29-pm.jpg
    He bragged a little too much to his younger brother, though, and Phoenix decided that if Bennie could fight, so could he. Of course, Marnie saw the whole thing and then grounded the boys.
    06-05-21_10-00-54-pm.jpg
    Later, at the club meeting, Jaz noticed Colin sitting sadly by himself off to the side of the playground. Worried about her friend, she headed over to find out what was wrong.

“The divorce was finalized today. Nobody has said who is moving away, but I’m sure one of them will. And I don’t want either of them to go.” he admitted miserably.

Jaz sympathized, but internally wondered if Marnie and Bennie would ever go that same path as Colin’s parents. It was no secret they didn’t exactly get along most of the time.

Jaz put those thoughts aside, and concentrated on cheering her best friend up.
    06-05-21_10-02-33-pm.jpg
    By the end of the night, Colin was all smiles again… at least until he got home, Jaz supposed. She hoped she’d helped at least a little bit. Frowning, she turned and walked home in the dark, her thoughts a jumble in her head. So much had happened lately – it was hard to process everything. Suddenly realizing she was completely alone (Phoenix was grounded, remember?), she decided maybe to jog the rest of the way home.

Everyone was already getting ready for bed, so Jaz joined in. Luckily, the shower was still hot – it usually was in this house, and she felt like she actually got CLEAN for once. Putting on her old rainbow bunny-suit, she climbed into bed. While at the park, she had finished the first part of her aspiration.. now she had to practice typing. The only way she could think of to do that was to go to the library. Good thing tomorrow was a Sunday. She could say she had to research for a school project and head to the library then. Glad to have a plan, she drifted easily off to sleep.
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 5: "First Gig"

5ZYogfZ.png

Notes
    giHUAAa.png
    "I made something for you beautiful. I hope you like it!"
    "For me? Aww, you're such a sweetheart."

mCbWGQo.png
    "Ohh! It's gorgeous! I love it! Thank you Babe!"
    "Cool! I thought you'd like a matching rug for the other one in your office. Oh! I made a sweater for myself, but I'm not sure how it looks. Can I show it to you?"
    "Sure, I'd love to see it!"
    "Okay, I'll be right back."

RbsLaAH.png
    "What do you think? I knitted the scarf too."
    "It's looks fantastic on you, and it's your favorite color too. Good thing it's a cool day or you'd be sweating to death though."
    "Actually, it is very warm. I think I'll go change."

Josh went to change and then go for a walk around the neighborhood. Essa had a serving of Blackened Bass she'd just made before getting ready for her first gig at Noon.

I4uP8e4.png
    During his walk, Josh ran into Nikolas Masters, Damon's Dad. He didn't know he was Damon's Dad though. He introduced himself and after the two had a little chat and since he was in a giving mood, Josh decided to gift Mr. Masters one of his other knitted creations, a black llama potted plant holder with a purple flower.

"My, this is a nice surprise young man. I do not believe anyone I've just met has ever given me a gift before. Thank you."
    "You're welcome! I hope you like it."

1eIp8gi.png
    "It's absolutely delightful! I love it and I believe my wife will enjoy it as well. Thank you again, Mr. Hunter."
    "Oh hey, call me Josh. Mr. Hunter was my Father."
    "Such a polite young man as well. Alright, it's been a pleasure to meet you Josh, you may call me Nik. But, I must fly now. Inna is expecting me for brunch. I hope we meet again one day."
    "So do I. It was nice meeting you too, Nik."

Nikolas turned into a bat and flew away in a cloud of black smoke, which of course Josh wasn't expecting to see at all. So the elegant looking gentleman was a vampire. Josh guessed the pointed ears should've been a very good clue.

Josh went back home after Nikolas left and soon it was time to go to work. Shortly after, Essa also left for her first gig in the city.

qmOmTqv.png
    Essa arrived at the studio feeling very confident in herself. She had psyched herself up for the occasion and hoped the day went well. She went inside and was directed to hair and make-up.

UrbU6Qx.png
    Essa wondered what kind of make-up she would be given. It must be something special since she already came with her own make-up applied which she personally thought looked great. Maybe it wasn't bright enough or something?

IXRwNx9.png
    (Okay, well this looks fine, much less bright, more of a subtle look. I thought this was for a music video?)

sJItugp.png
    The stylist then began work on her hair. She sprayed some kind of temporary dye on the intricate up-do and Essa's look for the gig was complete.
    (Hmm, maybe the video is a romantic song or baroque music?)

mhdq8km.png
    Next she was directed to wardrobe to be measured for her 'costume.'
    (Costume? Okay, I bet it's a beautiful flowing old-fashioned gown or something similar.)

Essa was not prepared for what the actual 'costume' turned out to be. Not at all.

FwFCtdT.png
    (What the heck am I? What kind of music video is this anyway?)
    She asked the wardrobe man if he had an idea of what kind of music video was being shot today. He told her it wasn't a music video at all, it was a commercial to sell DVDs from a children's musical television show called VoidBop.
    (Oh, okay, well that makes sense, now.)
    (But why did I need new make-up and hair? You can't even see me?)

IQl7F8q.png
    Essa took a selfie to show Josh what she looked like for her first 'acting' gig in the career. She figured he'd get a great laugh out of it. Afterward she was told to find the Director and get notes from him about the shoot. After reading those over, she told him she was ready to start. Essa went up on the stage and stood on a mark on the floor and waited for the Director to say, "Action!"

WV7y9I7.png
    For the first part of the commercial Essa was required to do a dance number.
    (Oh yeah, I've got this in the bag!)
    She took a risk and did a few extra impromptu dance moves she'd learned, hoping to impress the Director.

SWah3ic.png
    "Bravo my dear, that was brilliant! I knew you'd be good, but you're fantastic Dahling, just fantastic!"
    (I guess it's a good thing I do have this costume on or he'd see me blushing. Wow!)
    "Thank you so much. I tried my best."
    "I can't wait to hear you sing now."
    (Uh oh! I...don't know how to sing very well. This could be bad.)
    Essa took the safe route, just singing the words without any extra flair this time. The Director just kept smiling, but he didn't cheer this time.
    *Gulp*

wZ4iMn9.png
    Finally Essa was supposed to talk about the product and make it seem like the best thing in the world for parents to buy for their children. It would take a lot of charisma to pull something like that off. Thankfully Essa was up to the task and took another risk, adding a few of her own lines to the standard spiel.

B89WF2T.png
    "YaHOOO! Essa, you killed it again! YES! YES! YES! You are going to go far in this business. I just know it"
    "Thank you, I hope so."
    (Oh man, Josh was right! This is easy! Well, most of it anyway. Think I better work on my singing skills though.)

The commercial was over and Essa was a bit hungry. She had noticed a table full of food for everyone on the set and headed over there to see what was being offered.

nWx9NiR.png
    (Mmm, pepperoni pizza! Kind of hard eating it in this suit though. Maybe I should've taken it off first. I hope I didn't get much sauce on it. That would not be good.)
    (Wait...why am I still wearing this thing anyway?)

Essa went back to wardrobe and turned in the costume before she left the studio. The agency's limousine was waiting for her outside. On the ride home, she checked to see if Goldie had scheduled another audition for her yet. She had indeed.

Tomorrow Essa would audition for a television show. At least she thought it might be. It was for something called, "The Mauven Kids in the Forest." Or something like that...what else could it be? I guess she'd find out.

RqQ3114.png
    She arrived back home just a few minutes before Josh would return home from work, so she stayed outside to greet him and tell him about the gig when he got there. Essa stood, still feeling very confident as she waited. It had been quite a day.

joB8Etb.png
    "So you were a dancing and singing purple Void thing, or critter?"
    "Yeah, it was actually kind of fun. But a little awkward since I've never heard of VoidBop before. The Director loved me though! Well, my dancing and showing off the product. But my singing could use a little help. Will you help me with that? You're the best singer I know!"

3lgijrY.png
    "Of course I will. I'm so proud of you Beautiful. You're on your way. I knew you'd do well."
    "Thanks Babe, I feel proud of me too. I made it through the day without making a fool of myself, so that's good."
    "You have never and could never, ever make a fool of yourself. You're too confident and talented for that."

ikIq1BF.png
    "I think this is cause for celebration, don't you?" Josh said and blew Essa a kiss with a gleam in his eye she'd seen many, many times before.
    "Oh yes, I do! Race you!" Essa yelled and took off running, laughing as she went with Josh in hot pursuit.

U97DTRk.png

Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited June 2021
    *Updated my June 5th post above! Well that was fun for my first time experiencing the Master Actress career/aspiration with any of my Sims. Please read the spoiler only after reading the Daily post as it contains spoilers for the chapter. Thanks! :)

A few surprises along the way, like that costume. Honestly, I almost fell out of my computer chair laughing when Essa spun into that thing. :D Did not expect the Director to be so enthusiastic, but it was nice to see. I guess it's because Essa is Level 10 in Dancing and Charisma. I thought she was going to blow it when she had to sing. She started out sounding pretty good, but in the middle of it began coughing and choking, grabbing her neck. I didn't know if she was supposed to do that as part of the song, or she messed up. :o

A couple more things I didn't know. The set is always visible, but any surrounding rooms act like floor levels as normally would on any lot. I didn't know that at first and couldn't find where she was supposed to go for Hair and Make-up. But figured out they were behind the doors I could see around the set. All I had to do was use cutaway walls and there was the Stylist and Make-up guy waiting for her playing games on their phones. :D D'oh!

Lastly, I didn't know there was an option to 'get notes from Director' until I saw it as an option in the menu for him when I clicked on him to 'Tell Director you are ready.' I don't know if it made any difference in her performance or not, but had her do it anyway. Oh! I also couldn't find a door for where she was supposed to go inside the studio at first either. I had her Transportalate inside though, so it was all good. I saw the door after she was inside. HAHA! Sheesh, I'm such a noob at this! It's fun though. I like this career/aspiration so far. <3

I'll start on comments next! ;)
    edited June 2021
    @permanentrose
    hehe Sounds like those Flirty Falls really, REALLY affected Emmett eh? ;) Man, Jules got SO lucky she didn't get a curse or something right off the bat! o.O Were they really pouting about the bone piles or something else? Okay, what's your secret? My explorers usually get at least one kind of curse or bad thing happen. Maybe yours are just incredibly lucky. :D It does looks like they are holding hands! Gah, I wish our Sims really could do that! Sarcophagus Woo Hoo? That would've been a nice touch for TS4. I wonder why they left it out.

No worries about the internet situation, take your time, we all understand! ;) Okay, well good you don't mind I get a bit long-winded at times. I love your comments, they're always so in-depth. I appreciate it very much! :) I think the fan mail lasts the rest of their lives, but I'm not sure. o.O I love DHD! It's a great pack for decorators/builders just like you said! I haven't tried the career yet, but it looks like fun. :) The medals are a big reason why I wanted to have Josh keep going too. I love collecting as well. My first Hero was in the military besides doing the mystery and he got all of them. I like them, I think they're a cool collectible. Oh boy, Josh wasn't hysterical, thank God, but yeah. I don't like the emotional deaths, most of them are not realistic at all!

Aww, you're welcome! I love it, it's turned out to be a lot of fun despite being something I threw together last minute. Glad you're enjoying it too! :) I'm not worried for their financial troubles, they'll be just fine. Like you said, just have Jules paint for awhile and you'll be good to go in no time! You're welcome about her hair/clothes, I've been trying to do the same thing, give Essa a new look for each new world. I'm trying to use things I've never used before too. Well, hey for one thing, I'd never have gotten CC/Mods without this challenge. At least I don't think I would've until this iteration is finished.

Yes, it's easy to keep them alive if you know what to expect, which I do too by now. You're right it takes a few days for them to die from the poison dart if you don't get them the antidote. I usually have my Sims take a laptop with them so they can order it when they get back to their vacation home if they get poisoned, or put a computer on the lot for them. Or once I put down a computer in the museum and had them get it that way. Just buy everything you can at those tables, including the secret inventory, and they're usually good to go. ;)

@SoulGal7
    What a wonderful post! Wow, looks like Wolfgang wants to give Josh a run for his money as the woo hoo champion! HAHA! It's to be expected though, they're a new couple in love and have been deprived of that pleasure for far too long. :) Aww, that is SO sweet to hear! So Wolfgang had plans right from the start of their trip. Yep, I'm not surprised! ;)

@Skeilah
    Naoki is so sweet, love how he said he'd take care of his Father and not let him get away with saying anything disparaging about them being married. Love Hana! She is just so cute! I can see a lot of Naoki in her. She's so enthusiastic! It's adorable. Love the mansion too! Those guards look SO bored. :D But I guess that's how they're supposed to look eh?

Whoa! Naoki's Dad is a real piece of work! Good Lord, no wonder he wanted to leave. o.O His poor Mother though. I hope she eventually stands up to him or leaves on her own. I know love will make us stay with someone even though they're toxic, so that's the only reason I can figure that she's stayed with him. But love can only go so far with a relationship like that. But it's really not love, he's an egotistical close-minded, tyrant and a dictator! o.O Love, love, love how Bryan transportalated them out of there! Yay! I love seeing others use their skills from previous months in this challenge too, besides myself. :)

Aww, I love how understanding Bryan is giving Naoki and Hana time to catch up. Of course he did have a little incentive for agreeing so fast. I had forgot all about the Media center until you had Bryan using it. Might have to get Essa to give that thing a whirl, or maybe get a drone. Not sure. I've never used either one of those objects before. I'll have to see how much her fame increases first. If it's going slow, she might need something like that for a boost. :) Oh gosh, Rene, what were you doing in that bush? :D Poor guy, someone must've 'used' it before he hid in there. Glad he's keeping an eye on Naoki/Hana's Mom for them. Maybe this will be her chance to leave her husband. We'll see... Oh and the toddlers are adorable in that ball pit. hehe Something else I've never tried out yet. :)
    edited June 2021
    I was pretty excited about this update <3
    --

Update 156 - Forever Yours

GA5Gfcj.jpg
    As they headed back toward the baths, they noticed a stone overlook hanging out over the jungle and decided to stop to enjoy the view. MQUOFi2.jpg

The view was breathtaking, especially in the soft light of the setting sun.
    rP9wCF2.jpg

Emmett suddenly took Jules' hands in his own, looking at her meaningfully. "Jules, I love you so much," he began, and then he got a bit of nervous expression on his face, and began to ramble a bit. "I just...I've been trying to plan the perfect time to do this...and I wanted it to be special, so I've been trying to think of something memorable...but right now, with this gorgeous view...and that rush after exploring that temple with you...I just can't help but to feel like this moment is so perfect. I mean, I guess any moment with you is perfect..."
    Fh12G0Q.jpg

His cheeks flushed a bit pink as he gathered his thoughts, and Jules' heart began to flutter erratically as he lowered himself down to one knee and reached into his pouch. (And really, how perfect is that pouch from this outfit for this moment!)
    S3o0Smm.jpg

"I just don't want to wait anymore," Emmett finally concluded, holding up a ring that glinted in the evening light. "I've loved you for so long now."
    so3hOkg.jpg

"Julia Marie Warner, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"
    Y1wBXrY.jpg

"Yes! Of course my answer is yes," Jules answered immediately, her head swimming with the emotion from the moment. She had known this moment would come eventually, but nothing could prepare her for the pure elation she felt at the prospect of marrying her very best friend. She took the ring from him, looking at the gorgeous piece of jewelry before placing it on her finger. Her throat tightened suddenly. "Is this my mother's ring?"
    qVLlhte.jpg

Emmett nodded. "I talked to Dell ages ago about planning to propose to you, and she's been hanging on to your mother's engagement ring - she said she wanted you to have it, and it just seemed like the perfect ring for you so I've had it on me ever since as I've been waiting for the perfect moment to ask you."

"Oh, Emmett," Jules wiped a tear away from the corner of her eye. "It's perfect." She held the ring up to admire it before slipping it into place on her finger.
    MEVbv32.jpg
    cxKNJ4d.jpg

"I love you so much," Jules told him. "And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."
    SdxWntN.jpg

Unable to contain his excitement, Emmett swept her up into his arms. (Careful guys, you're on the edge of a cliff :D)
    WVvfKuO.jpg

They headed back to the baths to set up camp again for the night, though they were both much too excited to sleep, so they decided to go for a swim, which as expected, got pretty steamy HAHA. It's good that this jungle is so remote because there were no bathing suits involved ;)
    B4edvoh.jpg

This story is so sappy these days lol. Eventually I'll have to create a little tension for them because this is just TOO perfect lol. But right now I am very happy with it being sweet enough to give me a toothache :)
    Post edited by permanentrose on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top