The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

Comments

• FreakyFastSimmerFreakyFastSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    How do I do business career in 1890s if I have to use the computer to do the daily task?
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    How do I do business career in 1890s if I have to use the computer to do the daily task?

Just use the computer for those tasks, and block it for the others so that only the sim working in the Business Career can use it. If you use cc I suggest to download a typewriter look-like computer to make it a bit more pleasing/accurate
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    I lost all of my save files and cc a couple of weeks ago when my laptop broke. So, I have to start all over again :( . Do you have any cc recommendations/links that you think are must-have items for the 1890s?
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    Hey y'all! I am SO sorry for the delay in getting the rules updated - I've had some family stuff going on the last few weeks. The rules have now been updated for kits and for Dream Home Decorator! https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules/
    I lost all of my save files and cc a couple of weeks ago when my laptop broke. So, I have to start all over again :( . Do you have any cc recommendations/links that you think are must-have items for the 1890s?

@fireflysmelody I have a CC finds video from a few years ago on my channel for the first few decades of the challenge! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdde392ClU
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Anyone else completely blown away by how much the new pack will change the early years of this challenge???
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    Anyone else completely blown away by how much the new pack will change the early years of this challenge???

Yes, I'm preparing the neighbourhoods for my next challenge, so this pack is already preordered and more than welcome. Luckely for my current decade challenge, my people tend to move from the city to the land as soon as they have success in the job or to get self-sustained, so I can play it when the expansion pack comes out.
    The Decades Challenge rules have been updated for Cottage Living! It was a SUPER easy update because I think that everything in the pack is eligible from the beginning of the challenge :open_mouth:! Let me know if you see something that I've missed. You can find the updated rules at https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules #EAGameChanger

CCG-Cottage-Living.png
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
  • CaBuryCaBury Posts: 1 New Member
    I'll start the challenge all over again, because the beginning will be so much more fun with this pack
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The Decades Challenge rules have been updated for Cottage Living! It was a SUPER easy update because I think that everything in the pack is eligible from the beginning of the challenge :open_mouth:! Let me know if you see something that I've missed. You can find the updated rules at https://cutecoffeegal.com/decadeschallengerules #EAGameChanger

CCG-Cottage-Living.png

This pack is like Decades Challenge Heaven. So much of it is like a jackpot for this challenge.
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    Reading @MyriadSims timeline for their decade's challenge and then seeing how this new pack is perfect for it has convinced me to begin my own adventures with this.
    SimmingKim wrote: »
    Reading @MyriadSims timeline for their decade's challenge and then seeing how this new pack is perfect for it has convinced me to begin my own adventures with this.

yaaasssssss
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    In the 1890's decade rules it states the following:

Miscellaneous
    Your sims cannot go to festivals or city events.

Does this also include the new ones with Cottage Living where you can go and enter your pies/eggs/farm animals/produce for fair judging for ribbons?

Miscellaneous

Does this also include the new ones with Cottage Living where you can go and enter your pies/eggs/farm animals/produce for fair judging for ribbons?

Thanks for pointing this out - you can absolutely go to the Cottage Living events, so I'll update the rules with this exception!
  • andiefriesandiefries Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm a newbie to the Sims 4, so I'm really curious. In your opinion what would be the best DLC's for this challenge, and do they change with the decade?
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    andiefries wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to the Sims 4, so I'm really curious. In your opinion what would be the best DLC's for this challenge, and do they change with the decade?

Welcome! I think one of the best for this challenge (and one of my all time favorites too) is Cottage Living, especially in the beginning. :)
    A question I've had on my mind: Custom Gender Settings. when are they allowed? I'd say 1950s, as that was when the first transition surgery (that became widely known) took place.
  • flouckflouck Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi ! I wanted to start the challenge but I have quite a few question. First of them, is the a mod that may incorporate some of those rules to the gameplay ? Like a a way to kill sims or things like that ? I was also wondering how do you stop your child from going to school ? Is there a school at home mod somewhere ? I think that's it for now !
    There was this link with what seems to be a mod but it doesn't work anymore :( : http://modthesims.info/t/580290
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    flouck wrote: »
    Hi ! I wanted to start the challenge but I have quite a few question. First of them, is the a mod that may incorporate some of those rules to the gameplay ? Like a a way to kill sims or things like that ? I was also wondering how do you stop your child from going to school ? Is there a school at home mod somewhere ? I think that's it for now !
    There was this link with what seems to be a mod but it doesn't work anymore :( : http://modthesims.info/t/580290

I don't know a mod that allows you to not send kids at school, but I don't think it's a problem bc rules say grade school is mandatory for kids, but I know a mod that allow your sims to go to war and even die in war: https://kuttoe.itch.io/enlist-in-war-mod
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member

Miscellaneous

Thanks for pointing this out - you can absolutely go to the Cottage Living events, so I'll update the rules with this exception!

Could I make a suggestion to possibly extend this to 2020 now that we are passed it? Maybe stick all the challenges life has thrown our way in real life these last several years, like Covid (live or die randomness like war), extreme unemployment worldwide, homelessness to the max in many countries (the latter 2 being maybe a toss of the die)? But also all the newest technology, and again panic stricken people building fallout shelters in fear of nuclear war. This could really get interesting to the max. I am starting mine next weekend.

And to other's asking about good time related cc, I suggest "The Sims resource", they have it all!
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I've been having so much fun with this one!
  • ZeZelinoZeZelino Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! i'm new here. How can i download this? i have the original game
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    This is my favorite challenge! I added the simple living lot challenge to 1890, 1900 , and then back again for 1930s
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I've been following the Decades Challenge for a few years, noting down handy Tips because I am SO eager to try it out. Probably with the new Growing Together Pack I will.
    Will it be updated with that pack?
  • ZeroTw0ZeroTw0 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I just had a question can I have pets (cats or dog)? I know we can have pets from Cottage Living but not sure about cats and dogs.
  • fireflysmelodyfireflysmelody Posts: 11 New Member
    Since Cutecoffeegal hasn't updated her website since the Cottage Living update, I figured I'd post my recalculated normal lifespan. Just in case someone needs it:

• Baby: 1 days, ages up at 0.5 years old
    • Infant: 5 days ages up at 3 years old
    • Toddler: 7 days, ages up at 6 years old
    • Child: 14 days, ages up at 13 years old
    • Teen: 21 days, ages up at 23,5 years old
    • Young Adult: 28 days, ages up at 37 years old
    • Adult: 42 days, ages up at 58 years old
    • Elder: 14 days, dies at 65 years old

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights