Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

School Related Pack Coming in the Near Future?

Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
This is my first day off of work since Dream Home Decorator was released, and so I've spent the morning exploring and reading the descriptions for the items, and there's a shocking amount of references to school in this pack's item descriptions. I might be projecting, but I hope this means they're developing a pack for the near future that includes some schooling updates! I don't believe it will be the expansion pack coming within the next two months, but perhaps a pack later this year or early next?

Here's a list of the items that stood out to me:
  • Too Cool for School Top Bunk - "Be ready for anything that school can throw at you... a nook to study in for that big test"
  • Naturally Nestled Bunk Desk Combo - "Kids these days just end up cramming for tests or staying up in the wee hours of the night studying..."
  • Masterpiece Chair - "...missing family dinners, birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, weddings, and PTA meetings."
  • Rags to Riches Chair - "The chair was teased relentlessly, excluded from many sleepovers in elementary school, and forced to eat alone at lunch on the playground."
  • Plush-yet-Firm Chair - "... Kind of like one of those kindergarten teachers who is really sweet to you but still won't let you make faces at Kelly Schwartz even though she was totally out of line for taking the last graham cracker during snack time."
  • Cuthbert B. Table - "They don't teach this sort of thing in schools or the internet, but now you know the true history."
  • Studious Retro Desk By L.U.M.B.E.R - "Sometimes as adults we reminisce of our youth, specially our school days. Those times in a classroom, being assigned a desk and making it your home... and dealing with a desk companion that you kinda couldn't stand halfway into the school year."
  • The Rounded Desk... brought to you by Be Modular - "Take functional to the next level with actual work or school productivity..."
  • Hassle-Free Tassled Rug - "Before tassles were added to this rug, it was doing poorly in school, hanging out with a bad crowd and just not applying itself."

Let me know what you think! Do you agree? Disagree? Think I'm reading too much into it? Are you Hopeful, or could you not care less? Did I miss something that you've found? I haven't seen a topic created on this yet, so I'm sorry if there is already this discussion going on.
Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich

Comments

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I don't have Dream Home Decorator, but this all sounds very promising. I think people have noticed school hints elsewhere as well. But I feel like I was seeing a million romance references in the last few packs, and so far a romance pack has not appeared (and I don't think it's the upcoming EP), so even if they are hints for packs, who knows when they're coming?
  • Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    Oooh I was curious what people would pull from the new pack item descriptions for speculation. I think between all these hints, the hint at the end of the nifty knitting trailer, and the survey last year, a school pack is in our future. I know a lot of people would enjoy an active school pack. Personally, I want to keep it a rabbithole but with lots of new features to add depth in a full fledged generation pack. Hopefully this'll be an expansion at the end of the year.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would love a school related and I also wouldn't care for it to be a rabbit but I want to do stuff like after school clubs and assignment like working from home kids can look for stuff talk to people like a mix between strangerville and Bantu and work from home assignment but for teens and kids and also add field trips like in Sims 3 but this time they write about when they get home.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope they introduce things like class trips to museums, forests, factories, etc., sports day, practical lab experiments like soap making and water and nectar distillation, home economics class where you learn to sew dresses and mend socks, make preserves, pasta necklaces, etc., I'd like reading books to have some meaning to it and for sims to be able to put together their own personal book collection.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My prediction is that the next EP is going to be farming in a Scottish Highland world. I hope and pray this happens. I will literally levitate and spin for joy the moment a farming expansion is officially confirmed. I then predict we FINALLY with get an expansion similar to Generations for the November EP release that we've been getting every year for a while. It will most likely have active school for teens and kids and HOPEFULLY fill out needed interactions and objects for each age stage besides the young adults and adults who already have tons of things to do. I hope and pray that I am correct! :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Have they hinted before in item descriptions about future packs we actually got later?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Have they hinted before in item descriptions about future packs we actually got later?

People have drawn that conclusion. The plates object in Snowy Escape has a pop culture reference to Poltergeist, which some took as a retroactive hint to Paranormal stuff when that came out.

I mean, I think a school pack is in the pipeline, but not because of item descriptions.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thats a lot and hard to ignore
    but also
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I feel like I was seeing a million romance references in the last few packs, and so far a romance pack has not appeared

that being said these combined could be hint for generations kind of pack

i don't think next ep is it because well idk bond with nature just didnt spell go to school and get a bae and have big life events

but it could be november ep perhaps
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

People have drawn that conclusion. The plates object in Snowy Escape has a pop culture reference to Poltergeist, which some took as a retroactive hint to Paranormal stuff when that came out.

I mean, I think a school pack is in the pipeline, but not because of item descriptions.

at least few times related items or descriptions have appeared in ep/gp that was released before ofc they will say its not hint cause officially they are not allowed to hint but really tho... if you dig deep enough you might hit one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

Nothing ever gets confirmed, so you can kind of decide for yourselves if item descriptions contain hints. But like someone said the plates in SE had a poltergeist reference, and then Paranormal came out. Before that, in Eco Living, there was a mound of clothes item that talked about 'mountains' of socks, and an 'avalanche' if you talked too loudly, and then we got Snowy Escape. There were a bunch of magic references, including literal spell effects, in the items in Laundry Day, and then Realm of Magic (eventually) came out. It's like any other hint - different people have different ideas about whether they're really hints or not, just the same as with dev tweets or thought bubbles in a different packs trailer. I personally do believe they're hints, and when they really go to town mentioning the same thing over and over again, like school in the above hints, it's a pretty good sign a pack is in the works.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Very few packs were predicted from item descriptions. People always find something in game after a pack was announced and then retrospectively claim they were hints.

The reality is that you can find references to pretty much anything in game, due to how many objects there are and how much text there is. People that want farming find farming related hints. People that want Generations find Generations related hints. People that want occults find occult related hints. Guess why there weren’t Dream Home Decorator hints? It’s not the #1 most wanted pack for most players so they simply weren’t actively looking for its hints.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    If we get more for kids and teens to do, or a new child age (between child and teen) or they make teens shorter again I will be happy!

Just give me the content for my favorite age (I loved playing teens in Sims 2 and 3… I was in my teens during the later sims 2 to early sims 3 games and I want to enjoy my favorite age again, even though I’m no longer a teen’

I also remember playing kids, I didn’t play much of sims one as a kid but I want lots for my kids to do! Toddlers getting stuff is also cool!

(Best of all would be more ages!)

I’m going on to be excited for a for the next pack odds are it comes out soon but if it comes out later I will be in heaven (that means they will have worked on it longer!)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    As long as it stays a rabbit hole and doesn't force me to follow them so I can do some repetitive tasks like the Get to School mod, I'd be fine with a school pack, especially if it means they flesh out teens and children.

(and don't waste time on preteens)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    My prediction is that the next EP is going to be farming in a Scottish Highland world. I hope and pray this happens. I will literally levitate and spin for joy the moment a farming expansion is officially confirmed. I then predict we FINALLY with get an expansion similar to Generations for the November EP release that we've been getting every year for a while. It will most likely have active school for teens and kids and HOPEFULLY fill out needed interactions and objects for each age stage besides the young adults and adults who already have tons of things to do. I hope and pray that I am correct! :)

I hope it also comes with freed and updated babies that can be dressed in CAS and have genetics, can learn how to crawl and stand up like in TS Freeplay.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's nothing weird with assuming a desk or a desk chair with school... so I'm going with "probably not" on this one. If they are hints, then they are too many honestly, a hint should be something that's a bit more hidden.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I mean 👀👀👀👀👀👀. I will say I am feeling verrrrry optimistic about the content drops this year. Before last year ended we got sentiments and the skin tone overhaul, two very much needed and requested additions. This year we got the scared emotion, updated traits (hopefully more coming), bunk beds, and now likes and dislikes. Maybe being this optimistic is a mistake but I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for The Sims 4.

All these descriptions definitely seem to hint at some sort of generations pack. Imagine if by the end of this year we get generations, cars (something that also seems to have been hinted at in that DHD tv channel), freed babies and more personality updates. Fingers crossed!!!! Besides a few dissapointing things with the likes and dislikes, so far I have been quite happy with the additions this year, a trend has emerged and I'm here for it.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Very few packs were predicted from item descriptions. People always find something in game after a pack was announced and then retrospectively claim they were hints.

The reality is that you can find references to pretty much anything in game, due to how many objects there are and how much text there is. People that want farming find farming related hints. People that want Generations find Generations related hints. People that want occults find occult related hints. Guess why there weren’t Dream Home Decorator hints? It’s not the #1 most wanted pack for most players so they simply weren’t actively looking for its hints.

Idem. Totally agree with you, I entered to comment the same. If you want to see something, you will see it ... Life itself
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    if they do a school pack we need a prom /school dances and more school clubs like band cherladeing football student council ect and maybe private school's like sims 2 but your sim's can live there like a boarding school but have the opiton to live at home or vist home
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

The most clear example I remember off the top of my head was the doctor play set in Parenthood. It specifically describes the play set as good training for future doctors and vets. The veterinarian skill and vet clinics came with the next EP. I think they did it on purpose that time and probably some other times, but in many cases I think they just have fun writing the descriptions and people end up reading a lot into them.

That said, I agree with OP that the number of school references in this GP is suspicious. Maybe the next GP?
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Ohhh this is.... kind of promising haha (they do love to tease us like this). Especially since some of these descriptions could also lend into being a Generations type pack... Which the team has teased in the past. Something like, "we may not be currently working on a Generations style pack, but that doesn't mean we won't ever make one."

So I wonder if a pack like this would focus more on younger life stages/school instead (since they are so lacking) but also adding general generational play? Young adults (and adults by default) already own TS4 gameplay, so if we can get a pack that expands the other life stages, especially kids/teens, that'd be amazing!

I really loved how school worked in TS3. It was still a rabbit hole, but there was just so much more to do?? I'd love to see school field trips, graduation, PROM!! If we get prom though, I would like for that to be an actual event and not just a rabbit hole though... Make it take place on lounge lots or something, and maybe a parent or few could volunteer as chaperones?

Not sure if we can expect this as the next EP, since I'm not sure how it's exactly "charming"? But maybe in the near future? I'm desperate for more kid/teen gameplay. Especially teens! Toddlers and kids at least have little stuff packs. Teens don't even have a stuff pack... Parenthood was a great GP but I need more!!
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    As people were asking for farms, bands, high school and prom, I tried to do all of them in my game playing vanilla but with all packs.

For prom, I built a wedding and events center with a photography area, punch bowls, a dj booth and dance floor. I decked it out with decorations. I made two groups of teens with get together and put them in formal wear and made them have a gathering and dance. It was ok! I could also make a dance party hosted at that venue. So sort of doable. The prom pictures didn't work though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    As long as it stays a rabbit hole and doesn't force me to follow them so I can do some repetitive tasks like the Get to School mod, I'd be fine with a school pack, especially if it means they flesh out teens and children.

(and don't waste time on preteens)

Yeah, I'm not all that interested in following kids/teens to active school, but if they added some sort of "study from home" option (like the WFH careers) then I'd be totally over that. I could set my own rules, like C students or lower would have to go to the regular rabbit hole school, B students could study from home half the week, and A students only have to go to school one day a week. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CamarieSimsCamarieSims Posts: 30 Member
    I would love an Education/Generation type pack. Just picture it - a new world that contains the schools: Elementary, Middle, High with each having a Public & Private option, a Military school for those delinquent Sims. Then you add in age-related goals such as Child: First Crush, Conquer a Fear(?), etc. Also add in a new life stage of pre-teen, plus a height difference between Teens and YA.
    FYI, now known as insomniacsims on Simblr and Origin; profile picture is an old makeover of Zoe Patel
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I was actually thinking they would do a highschool expansion for teens. But this seems to hint more at school for kids.

I don't think it will be the next pack but maybe sometime in the future.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I would LOVE a school pack for kids and teens! I use the Go to School mod and it doesn’t need to be more sophisticated than that, I just enjoy picking out the interests and subjects for my kids and all. So yes, I’m really rooting for this. This is pretty much my last wish for my game after DHD and Cottage Living are out now!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.