Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird glasses glitch!

Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
I had a child Sim wearing glasses, the base game rectangular ones. (She's the one in the pink jacket).

kZbHEeD.jpg

Then, I noticed an odd glitch where it looked like they weren't on her face properly. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot... but you couldn't see them properly; you could see the arms but not the bits for the eyes.
Then, she aged up into a teenager, and this happened!

qR9KIwA.jpg

She doesn't wear glasses now, and there's no glitch. (I can pretend she wears contact lenses). Her dad wears the same pair, with no glitch.

nMnGfSJ.jpg

She wore her glasses fine for most of her childhood stage, and I only noticed the glitch with a few in-game hours before she aged up.

I have no idea what suddenly caused this to happen, especially as it was glitch-less for a while.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Sometimes glasses glitch up when they age transition (face stretching). Have you tried to put them back on her after each age transition?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    They started glitching before she aged up. I should’ve taken a screenshot... I don’t often have my child Sims in glasses. I haven’t tried putting glasses on her again.
    Oh. :(
    I'm sorry, I haven't seen it and have no answer.
    Ah well, thanks for commenting anyway. I’ll just pretend she wears contacts like I said (I know they’re not a thing in game but still).
    You can make contacts under face paint with body shop. They can wear different colors or strange colors. :mrgreen:
    Sounds cool @Rflong7 !
    Actually, not having her wear glasses has made me realise that the teen in question looks just like her mother, which is cool; I love seeing family resemblances. I’m not so sure whether her twin brother looks like their dad, though.