Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on Dream Home Decorator Pack

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
This is for posting anything you think other simmers might miss. I'll start.

Did You Know?

There are 2 interactions on the lounge sofas Nap and Lounge.

Sims can't chat on the lounge sofas. If their connected to regular sofas they'll get up and move to them and chat. I had 2 side by side connected to each other and to the regular sectional sofas.

There are 5 to 10 preloaded rooms that come with this pack. I didn't count but there are a lot.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sims can’t use their phones while lounging on the lounge sofa. I thought it was pretty ridiculous that my Sim got up to send a text message. It works when they sit in regular chairs and sofas.

The box required to hang the clothes does not appear in the dressers category like the clothes do. You have to exit that category, place the wall box, then go back in and grab the attachable clothes. I thought that was crazy. They should all be side by side in the dressers category.

If you place a tv on the new modular tv wall unit, the shelf will not be visible when you view the wall from the side. This means your tv will not be visible either. So you can’t direct a Sim to use the tv since it’s not visible. I found this quite annoying and ended up just using the new modular tv floor unit instead.

Also, placing a video game system on the new modular tv unit visually clips through both the unit and the tv. It looks awful. I had to either choose a smaller tv so that the video game system would slot into the corner of the unit and avoid the clipping or put the tv on the wall instead.

When your reno job says to renovate a room in the house, it doesn’t tell you WHICH room they want you to reno! I thought that was very weird. So I just picked a random bedroom and it worked. I guess you can pick any room. Not sure if that’s intentional or not but I found it odd that the client won’t request you do a particular room.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sims can’t use their phones while lounging on the lounge sofa. I thought it was pretty ridiculous that my Sim got up to send a text message. It works when they sit in regular chairs and sofas.

It seems the lounge sofas suffer from the same issues the lounge chairs do. I've sent a tweet to TheSims and told them they need to add more interactions to both the lounge chairs and sofas in an Update.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think the lounge function is using the same animations as the lounge chairs which you cannot do any of this on either.

Anyway I got a package after a gig with a furniture item and message from a brand asking my sim to use them in their renovations. I’m unsure if this has an effect on gameplay but I’ll check next gig I do. Either way it’s a nice touch
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Popping back in for a second with a new fact. Did you know when you get a referral from a previous client it will show up as an option when you pick your next gig? It will be with the word referral next to it.
  • jopinekejopineke Posts: 2 New Member
    When your reno job says to renovate a room in the house, it doesn’t tell you WHICH room they want you to reno! I thought that was very weird. So I just picked a random bedroom and it worked. I guess you can pick any room. Not sure if that’s intentional or not but I found it odd that the client won’t request you do a particular room.

wow I thought it was me I was chatting and chatting asking about color hobbies and more and then I just hoped when I went in building mode that it automaticly sort of open just the room you need to redocorate and lav the rest out but seems not so I thought I missed something because no clue of wich room had to be redone
    jopineke wrote: »

wow I thought it was me I was chatting and chatting asking about color hobbies and more and then I just hoped when I went in building mode that it automaticly sort of open just the room you need to redocorate and lav the rest out but seems not so I thought I missed something because no clue of wich room had to be redone

That’s what it should do because that makes sense but nope, doesn’t work like that.

I guess they did it like this for replayability and so the game doesn’t have to pick and choose a room each time you go to the same house for reno. You can pick which room you want yourself. Some will probably like this, but I found it odd. It doesn’t even say “pick a room” - there should be clarity in the game in my opinion.
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    There's a top that devs forgot to tag so it doesn't show up for neither masculine nor feminine sims, you have to disable gender tags to have access to it
    https://i.redd.it/vrj3ooyysp271.png (picture from reddit)
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited June 2021
    Top gigs earn you over 9000 120000§. That's a 11 days worth of my fully boosted Angel Investor in just ONE gig. If you like the sweet smell of simoleons, give the decorator career a shoot.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    When your reno job says to renovate a room in the house, it doesn’t tell you WHICH room they want you to reno!

I think its fairly random. Some gigs will be a random room and others will be very specific (and/or have rules about what you can do).
    And if you run out of budget you can sneakily sell items from other rooms in the house to fund your project!LOL

My biggest payout so far was 16000 simoleans from Vlad (who clearly has more money then sense!).

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    When your reno job says to renovate a room in the house, it doesn’t tell you WHICH room they want you to reno!

I think its fairly random. Some gigs will be a random room and others will be very specific (and/or have rules about what you can do).
    And if you run out of budget you can sneakily sell items from other rooms in the house to fund your project!LOL

My biggest payout so far was 16000 simoleans from Vlad (who clearly has more money then sense!).

If you run out of budget you can sell objects from client's other rooms?
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

If you run out of budget you can sell objects from client's other rooms?

Absolutely.

Ok so I played a little more. It looks like there are jobs that specifically state “kitchen reno”, “bathroom reno”, but there are also jobs that state “room reno” and those are the jobs that don’t specify which room you should be putting the budget toward.

When I got a kitchen reno job, I actually did reno the kitchen. But I’m curious if the game will actually recognize which room you’re doing and only let you work in a kitchen or in a bathroom, etc. Like would I be able to reno a bedroom on a job that is supposed to be a kitchen reno and would the game allow me to do that successfully? That’s what I’m curious about now.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

Ok so I played a little more. It looks like there are jobs that specifically state “kitchen reno”, “bathroom reno”, but there are also jobs that state “room reno” and those are the jobs that don’t specify which room you should be putting the budget toward.

When I got a kitchen reno job, I actually did reno the kitchen. But I’m curious if the game will actually recognize which room you’re doing and only let you work in a kitchen or in a bathroom, etc. Like would I be able to reno a bedroom on a job that is supposed to be a kitchen reno and would the game allow me to do that successfully? That’s what I’m curious about now.

I am guessing the specific room renos would have a list of "must haves" like when you build a community lot. Still, I wonder if you could get, like, a bathroom reno and just put a sink, toilet and tub into a bedroom, right next to the bedroom furniture and have that count. I hope we can, that would be good for a laugh. I'd sell their double bed and give them bunkbeds for more room. >:)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member

Spoiler: It does not. I believe Carl exploited this in his review, and I've seen several people on the Reddit who have done this too. There's no actual room qualifications in the game, so the game doesn't know what room you're actually renovating. The fact that the gig says "Kitchen" or "Bedroom" is purely superficial. Other redditors have also noted that they've seen things like "Dislikes Cooking" when on a gig for a "Kitchen Renovation" which is fundamentally wrong and grounds for failure if you do actually renovate the kitchen and replace appliances.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

I am guessing the specific room renos would have a list of "must haves" like when you build a community lot. Still, I wonder if you could get, like, a bathroom reno and just put a sink, toilet and tub into a bedroom, right next to the bedroom furniture and have that count. I hope we can, that would be good for a laugh. I'd sell their double bed and give them bunkbeds for more room. >:)

It does not, from the various reviews, there's no specific checklist you need to follow for rooms since there's not actually the tech in place for the game to recognize what a specific room is (and god knows if it existed, maybe they could have programmed Sims to stop washing dishes in bathrooms). Listing the type of room seems to be purely superficial and for those who are going to be true to the gig. There's no kind of parameter in place preventing you from renovating a bedroom on a "Bathroom Renovation" gig.
    edited June 2021

Spoiler: It does not. I believe Carl exploited this in his review, and I've seen several people on the Reddit who have done this too. There's no actual room qualifications in the game, so the game doesn't know what room you're actually renovating. The fact that the gig says "Kitchen" or "Bedroom" is purely superficial. Other redditors have also noted that they've seen things like "Dislikes Cooking" when on a gig for a "Kitchen Renovation" which is fundamentally wrong and grounds for failure if you do actually renovate the kitchen and replace appliances.
    Isharell wrote: »

It does not, from the various reviews, there's no specific checklist you need to follow for rooms since there's not actually the tech in place for the game to recognize what a specific room is (and god knows if it existed, maybe they could have programmed Sims to stop washing dishes in bathrooms). Listing the type of room seems to be purely superficial and for those who are going to be true to the gig. There's no kind of parameter in place preventing you from renovating a bedroom on a "Bathroom Renovation" gig.

Bummer!

I wonder how they could fix this (or if they ever will fix this) so that rooms can be designated.

Like, how would they implement a system that automatically registers that a room with a toilet is a bathroom and a room with a stove is a kitchen? Also, when you upload a lot to the gallery, the game should automatically assign how many bedrooms and bathrooms the house has.

If they did this, they also need to make a way for the player to override this in case they wanna add a mini fridge to a bedroom or something like that without it counting the bedroom as a kitchen.

The more I think about it, it does sound a bit complex and so I'm doubtful they'll ever do something like this.

But why release a pack and call gigs kitchen and bathroom reno if the game doesn't recognize what is a kitchen and what is a bathroom? That's poor game design in my opinion. They would've been better off just calling every reno a "room" reno.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Did you know that when doing a reno if you put stuff in inventory instead of selling it there's a chance it will be in *your* household inventory. So you could sell it when you got home & get some extra simoleons 🤔.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2021

I found when I am talking to the Sims outside and I open the phone to 'take before' pictures it will take me to a specific room. It's happened at least twice when there was no room specified. So, I redid that room. Oh, and one of the rooms I got a 'dislikes green' notification and it was the only room that had green in it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    Starfree wrote: »
    Did you know that when doing a reno if you put stuff in inventory instead of selling it there's a chance it will be in *your* household inventory. So you could sell it when you got home & get some extra simoleons 🤔.

I didn’t know you could put anything in the inventory when on a job. I assumed it was grayed out.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    I noticed my sim will have particular idle animations for this profession, which I though twas a nice touch than them just walking about and doing what they want.

If you quit your gig it'll definitely take a hit to your reputation and your performance. Found this out the hard way since I got a gig at the last hour before the day would switch over 11:30PM, but the gig didn't pop up that was scheduled for friday so had to quit and do it again for the next day. :#

(Though when I think about it there was an event scheduled for talent night so I wonder if that's why it didn't happen)
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited June 2021
    Starfree wrote: »

I didn’t know you could put anything in the inventory when on a job. I assumed it was grayed out.

@Chazzzy nope. I've been able to put stuff in there. Discovered this info when I went to build mode on my sims lot to buy stuff & checked household inventory; had about 2k in stuff from a couple of renos. Only put the stuff in inventory because I didn't want the reno budget to go up too much, not knowing I'd profit from it lol. And if it's a bug please don't let it be fixed 🤣.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Did you know that if you click on the room of the floors you renovated and go to check this out it shows off the entire room. Clients will also have a little bubble over there head about what they think of everything overall.
    But it’s still good to point out the small details I’m sure that goes towards your over all score. Just make sure you point out the things the clients said they’d like.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    It turns out that clients can also be those who doesn't live in any of the worlds.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    No need to manually show clients everything.

Your sim will autonomously show them around and tell them to check out certain items themselves.

Also, no real penalty for using their things while they're gone. Sleep in their bed, cook (steal their stuff which I've been doing hurr hurr)
    5vJrxmT.png