Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a favourite lot?

This is a really open question, but basically I was curious to see if anyone has a favourite lot/plot. It’s difficult to play everywhere and I recently discovered my new favourite spot (Fountainview Penthouse in San Myshuno).

I notice for a lot of neighbourhoods, there are a lot of really cool details you miss unless you play there.

What’s your favourite spot and why?

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    The apartment block in San Myshuno's Spice District where Raj Rasoya lives. It's a squat little brownstone that wouldn't be out of place in Brooklyn with a bunch of cheap apartments that has been the first post-college home for a ton of my sims, both created and raised through university.

The Spice District itself is a more gritty urban-residential neighborhood, much more charming than the glitzy modern-inspired areas elsewhere in the city. Feels more "lived-in" and reminds me of my own experiences living in big cities.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The house next to the volcano in sulani. Lava bombs :lol:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2021
    I like the Discotheque Pan Europa nightclub. My sims will often end up there for a night of dancing and socializing.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    The house next to the volcano in sulani. Lava bombs :lol:

Oh good point! I meant to play this one but forgot! It looks so cool!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have a few, the Parkshore lot in Willow Creek, between the Goths & the little park.
    Summer Home in Windenburg the empty 40x30 lot in the Countryside.
    19 Culpepper House in San Myshuno the 2 bedroom w/needs TLC lot trait & the balcony.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Vlad's House lot, very atmospheric and 19 Culpepper House that balcony is very nostalgic.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    For me, I like a lot of the lots in Willow Creek. Oakenstead would be a favorite. Single Streamlet is the first lot I played and is a renovated original home in my game. I like Yuma Heights and almost everything in Sulani. On a practical level, I like the rowhouses in Britechester and Evergreen Harbor.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    My current favorite is Mid-NoWhere, the 20x20 empty lot on the Windenburg island, because of the view and secluded feel. Even with all the townie walk-bys, they are visible for only moments due to all the scenery.

Before discovering Windenburg I used Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs a lot. It felt somewhat isolated and away from the higher class snobs.
    The cake is a lie
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My favorites are all the lots from the Windenburg Countryside and the Windenburg Island, both look so calm and beautiful :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I can't really name a favourite. I play rotationally a lot of sims and go out often so there are many lot s that are important to me.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like the Shrieking Llama bar in Windenburg as it has a British pub feel to it.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 163 Member
    There are many, but the first that came to my mind is Cottage Am See in the countryside of Windenburg. I just love the scenery, little stream/pond next to it and a bit remote feeling.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I am nearly always drawn to start my new game at 18 Culpepper House.

I really like the brownstone style of the building, the apartment size and layout, though I usually add another bedroom. The furniture is not too grungy and lot traits are fun. I really like the city bustle and the neighbours. I enjoy the spice festival boons and the Ocean being so nearby and I like that there are there other three nearby apartments and therefore more chances to interact with your neighbours.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Prior to the other night, I probably would have said the small lot at the bottom of the hill on the Crumbling Isle. One of my favorite saves is there. I turned it into a wooded area with lots of trees and plants and my Sims live off the grid here.

But then recently I discovered how awesome the 30x20 lot on the plateau of StrangerVille is, the one right off the entrance on the road. It overlooks the canyon and I just think it’s awesome. I’m building my aerospace center there. In fact, I’m evicting all of the Sims and turning all of Shady Acres into a Science complex. It’s quickly become my favorite neighborhood in the game, I think.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    For me its hard to say I end up in random trends and only just recently started putting families in houses I dont use. Though technically I guess its the house on the beach in brindleton everytime I play I remember others that lived there even touched it up a few different times just for that.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like the Myshuno Meadows lot in San Myshuno.
    Quite a few people are saying 18 Culpepper House - I’m gonna have to check that out!

Some really cool suggestions too. @NationalPokedex I love your idea of turning the whole neighbourhood into a science complex! It fits so well with Strangerville too.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    There are many, but the first that came to my mind is Cottage Am See in the countryside of Windenburg. I just love the scenery, little stream/pond next to it and a bit remote feeling.

@SanniSilli That reminds me; I need to carry out my plan to convert Cottage Am See into a rental so my non-Windenburg residents can go on holiday there.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    SanniSilli wrote: »

@SanniSilli That reminds me; I need to carry out my plan to convert Cottage Am See into a rental so my non-Windenburg residents can go on holiday there.

I might steal this idea 😂
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited June 2021
    Depends on sims I want to play and things I want to build

but i pretty much have favourite spot in every world that I have built about million times over while ignoring all the other lots in the world

but i also am trying to get rid of that habit and realize new favourites everytime I build on lots i thought were totally awful before because they were just badly used

as example i used to really detest spire apartments cause its just so unneededly big but i divided it in half and padumts suddenly its one of my favourites

i used to really hate the empty house in grims quarry but padumts i made new boring suburban with aliens in it and its perfection and it perfectly lines so i could create government spies to spy on them from one of the apartments (which btw i also often sort of hate because first level can't be used but other than that its awesome and the boring appearance just adds to the vibe)

i guess the short answer is just : I like lots that have to be rediscovered because it makes me hyped to continue discovering best purpose for them

initial answer would be: I've built in forgotten hollow about 1000 times more than other worlds but i mean thats just given as its my only spoopy world for spoopy mansions which i love
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The only maxis lot I think I’ve now never changed is the rattlesnake bar in oasis springs. I use this as hub for my renegade sims and it’s seems almost nostalgic to me to keep it for this purpose. Most other lots I’ve bulldozed and made my own creations or adapted ones from the library. My favourite lot is one by someone on this forum who mentioned their lot, I downloaded it and edited as a jungle wellness/spa rental lot for selvadorada. It’s the best lot I have ever played with and get so much enjoyment from it.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I like the Discotheque Pan Europa nightclub. My sims will often end up there for a night of dancing and socializing.

Yes, this is my favorite too. In every save I always knock down the Europa and put up my own 4th-floor open-air nightclub--the view of the water all around is amazing
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Tail’s End is surprisingly pretty on the harbor in Brindleton Bay.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I play rotationally and like a lot of places also, but the one that surprised me was Magnolia Promenade. The top two lots are probably pretty much the same. I already knew it had a beautiful fishing spot but after living there I now realize the playground is handy and the park-like area at the top of the map has a skating rink in winter that just looks perfect. Actually the whole neighborhood is gorgeous in winter.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    19 Culpepper apartment :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina