Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Decades Challenge - Updated for Snowy Escape

2...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    :'( how do we keep the house warm during winter in 1890s? My toddlers are all crying and it hurts my brain

There's a warm weather section of clothes for all ages...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    Going to start this challenge, my first ever by making the Ingals-Wilder family. Going to have the whole crew Charles, Caroline, Mary, Laura, Carrie, Grace and Albert. Even going to make Almanzo and Mary’s husband. Should be interesting but I’m having difficulty finding the right clothes for the 1890s. Any suggestions on what they should wear or where to find period clothing? TIA
  • Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    2020's : You can't leave your house
    rbmm1974 wrote: »
    Going to start this challenge, my first ever by making the Ingals-Wilder family. Going to have the whole crew Charles, Caroline, Mary, Laura, Carrie, Grace and Albert. Even going to make Almanzo and Mary’s husband. Should be interesting but I’m having difficulty finding the right clothes for the 1890s. Any suggestions on what they should wear or where to find period clothing? TIA

Sorry, I don't use CC in my game often enough to have any good recommendations.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    @nerdfashion I’ve never used cc and really don’t want to. What did you put your sims in for the 1890s and early 1900s. I’d rather use maxis made stuff. Until I can get Laura high enough in knitting to make clothes.
    rbmm1974 wrote: »
    @nerdfashion I’ve never used cc and really don’t want to. What did you put your sims in for the 1890s and early 1900s. I’d rather use maxismade stuff. Until I can get Laura high enough in knitting to make clothes.

@rbmm1974 the packs I've had the best luck with are Cats & Dogs, Get Together, and Vampires. I think there are a few things in base game, but these 100% have some clothes that fit the time period.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• magpieprincemagpieprince Posts: 25 Member
    what lifespan do you all recommend?
    edited May 2021
    what lifespan do you all recommend?

@magpieprince

I'd recommend short if you want the challenge more realistic, long if you want to keep the same family for the entire challenge, or normal if you just want something inbetween.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RetroLlamasRetroLlamas Posts: 2 New Member
    Just curious for ww1 and ww2 if you’re unable to grow a cowplant would it be okay to use the mod that sends sims off to war and has a random chance of them coming back alive or dead?
    Just curious for ww1 and ww2 if you’re unable to grow a cowplant would it be okay to use the mod that sends sims off to war and has a random chance of them coming back alive or dead?

Sure, sounds fine to me. I've never heard of the mod, but as long as the chances are 50/50 I don't really care haha.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SanssouciSanssouci Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi all, just a question for others trying this, has anyone played with the bust the dust kit? I'm enjoying my challenge so far but I've just had some dust bunnies appear, and it feels a bit gamey for my 1890s Sims to get out the modern vacuum cleaner! Does anyone know a good mod for a more rustic feel - a working broom or something?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sanssouci wrote: »
    Hi all, just a question for others trying this, has anyone played with the bust the dust kit? I'm enjoying my challenge so far but I've just had some dust bunnies appear, and it feels a bit gamey for my 1890s Sims to get out the modern vacuum cleaner! Does anyone know a good mod for a more rustic feel - a working broom or something?

There's a mop option, so have hard floors or it'll look weird. https://modthesims.info/d/655763/dust-mopping.html

Also, for anyone that wants pandemic gameplay in 2020s, consider adding in MFPS.

The Rabid Rodent Fever virus can pass from sim to sim at its most infectious stage, and can be lethal if not cured in time. There is likely a cheat to add it, so roll a die to see who contracts it, once they start having symptoms have them self isolate/quarantine within the home, then roll a die each day to see when they can buy the vaccine. If they don't roll a 6 in time they don't get the vaccine. If they don't self isolate they risk spreading it to other household members/general public. (See this for RRF info https://ultimatesimsguides.com/sims-4-rabid-rodent-fever/)

Sims can research the virus online and after 1 year (28 days) lockdown sims can buy and take the vaccine over several days (elders then each younger stage in tiers).

During lock down consider using WFH mods like those from NoelleBelleFleur and others to continue Business, Tech etc from the home lot. Or switch to Freelance/Craft/Gathering/Work from home careers if you don't want mods.
  • BaaaaaaaaaaaaabsBaaaaaaaaaaaaabs Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello what do i do if my Sims husband died?
  • emmalieemmalie Posts: 21 Member
    I have been playing this challenge some time now. And wanted to share my aging settings, cause couldn’t find anywhere how to handle a long lifespan, which is the one I always use. As well as 14 days per season. Then I tought it would be handy if the decade change is always on New year. I did some counting and find out that it actually work pretty well. So my decade is one full 56 days simyear, and one year is 5,6 simdays. It’s not exactly accurate especially on younger lifestage, but altogether good enough for me. Sims are 66+ yo when they die on old age.

In my game the year 1912 just begun and that’s working well. Most of my second generation are now teens and boys are soon leaving to the war. The new wedding gamepack is coming in perfect timing for all the weddings ahead after war at early 1920s.
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    This is my favorite challenge! I added the simple living lot challenge to 1890, 1900 , and then back again for 1930s
    Any new updates for the newest packs!? I want to get into this challenge for real for once
    For fun I decided I wanted to play with each season being two weeks, and then at the end of each Sims year I would make it the next generation. Mainly because all the parts are technically 10 apart. Hopefully it goes well and I don't run out of time!