Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Metior_Ice Toddlers can not eat several fish dishes or Kailua pork unless they've fixed it very recently.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    Ah, well that'd make sense. A lot of players were having issues with the expansion foods, like the ones from City Living, so the ones from IL being busted would track, unfortunately.

@Keidra Most Island Living recipes are made via the bbq pit, so they are essentially grand meals, even if they don't count toward the tradition during harvestfest.

Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Toddlers can not eat several fish dishes or Kailua pork unless they've fixed it very recently.

@Daephene it was the island vegetable dish that didn't work. Although, it is a shame that the pork doesn't work since a hungry toddler spawns the extra food event in Sulani.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    I know, I've made them before. I'm not sure what you're getting at though?
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Gonna be short today.

Miranda: "Moses farted upstairs again didn't he? That's gotta be why you're down here watching this TV."
    Melony: "....."
    pF7OgMC.png
    89Io8Cd.png
    Keidra wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    I know, I've made them before. I'm not sure what you're getting at though?

@Keidra I'm just being fussy about the game mechanics. lol. One of the traditions of harvestfest is to make a grand meal, but it doesn't count if it's made via the bbq pit.
    I play a lot in Sulani so I thought I would share a few things.

Sulani has festivals every day of the week except Sunday. These festivals do not have notifications.

Completing the Sea Shell Collection can result in a merwoke household. Merfolk are the most hidden occult in game.

When the hunger need gets low, Sulani Neighbors bring extra food.

The Marine Biologist career has a hidden trait.

Sulani is rich with collectibles. Collectibles are acquired via volcanic activity and dolphins. You have to add the Volcanic Activity Lot Trait to lots and seek out the dolphins. This might be one of the most unique ways to get collectibles, but it also requires more effort.

Sulani doesn't have firefighters. Your neighbors or random townies will help put out fires. Volcanic Lava Bombs can start fires.

Sulani is best experienced using traits that aren't automatically added to lots. They are volcanic activity, island spirits, and off the grid.

Go to the Sand Bar during Alien Night and you can end up with Sulani Aliens walking around without disguises. There are a decent amount of Sulani Townies that are actually Aliens. Nui and Kalama, Helios's older brother and sister are actually Sulani Alien Townies that revealed themselves when Calden visited the Sand Bar during Alien Night. Calden is a Xenophile that gets confident when discovering Aliens.

Sulani sims will automatically change into swimwear often to swim in the ocean.

The Fishing Tournament on Fridays can result in simoleon rewards if you win.

The Jet Skis are pretty awesome, and they come with a number of add ons. My favorite add on is the radio that lets you play music out on the water, but you can do more.

Sulani is a high risk drowning location for sims with low fitness. Merfolk can swim as fast as a jet ski and use less energy than a human sim. It's easy to misjudge how far and for how long a sim can swim before drowning.

Merfolk that are marine biologists can perform the snorkel interaction.

Swimming in the ocean can result in unique moodlets.

There are sharks in the water.

Sulani has Monsoons if you have the seasons pack.

The beach cave is a rabbit hole, but exploring it does unlock different interactions.

A lot of the stuff to do in Sulani isn't that obvious. They sorta hid a lot of what makes Sulani great in the Island Living Lot Traits, Careers, and Island Living Traits.

There are many "hidden" traits and interactions that can only be unlocked via the different careers and odd jobs that come with Island Living. Only a Child of the Islands can unlock the Sulani Mana Trait.

I haven't found anything too unique about the Child of the Ocean Trait, but some people have had trouble interacting with Kalamainu'u Iona and romancing her. The Child of the Ocean trait boosts the friendship gains with Merfolk and Dolphins. Theoretically, it should be possible to overcome Kalamainu'u's negative traits with the Child of the Ocean trait in combination with a hidden trait. It might also be worth noting that Dolphins can procure harvestables of a higher quality than normal. I'm talking about harvestables at the magnificent quality. While off the grid, harvestable quality matters more. It also impacts income. A magnificent orchid can be a significant source of income.

Sulani doesn't automatically have everything island living has to offer in an obvious place. It takes time to figure everything out.

I'm not sure why I suddenly decided to share all this info. Maybe it's because I started seeing Sulani posts. A lot of stuff won't even appear in your game if you don't set it up. The full Sulani Experience requires doing stuff. I can't stress the "hidden" elements of Sulani enough. If you aren't looking for it, you won't find it.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Metior_Ice Good to know! I hadn't tried that dish with Brandon. His cousin Kendall was my first toddler to have this bug and since they had a lot of fish it was a problem so now I'm going to give her the Child of the Oceans trait. Which will go well with her mother's Angling Ace aspiration, (not). I was prepared for the fish problem when Brandon visited but was surprised by the pork. I'll avoid the vegetable dish too for now.

I have been going back to the high chair lately so for now they're eating quick meals. I just use "Give food to" which causes the adult to put the food on the high chair and then go get the child. If they then immediately take the child out of the chair, I can make the toddler grab the food off the tray. I've been doing this in my vampire household because honestly I don't like having a combo of normal food and plasma fruit salad in the fridge because everyone always chooses whichever leftovers will make them sick.
    edited June 2021
    Daephene wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice Good to know! I hadn't tried that dish with Brandon. His cousin Kendall was my first toddler to have this bug and since they had a lot of fish it was a problem so now I'm going to give her the Child of the Oceans trait. Which will go well with her mother's Angling Ace aspiration, (not). I was prepared for the fish problem when Brandon visited but was surprised by the pork. I'll avoid the vegetable dish too for now.

I have been going back to the high chair lately so for now they're eating quick meals. I just use "Give food to" which causes the adult to put the food on the high chair and then go get the child. If they then immediately take the child out of the chair, I can make the toddler grab the food off the tray. I've been doing this in my vampire household because honestly I don't like having a combo of normal food and plasma fruit salad in the fridge because everyone always chooses whichever leftovers will make them sick.

@Daephene The Child of the Ocean trait doesn't actually hurt too much with the angling ace aspiration. You only get the Sad Moodlet if you catch a fish, and the Confident Moodlet from a good catch overpowers the sad. Be careful with your Children of the Ocean and fish traps. From what I've read, Children of the Ocean tend to release trapped fish. Dylan and Zeph did complete the Angling Ace Aspiration in spite of being Children of the Ocean. I think the reward trait from that aspiration actually helps Children of the Ocean overcome the negatives of that trait. For Dylan and Zeph, they seem to enjoy fishing, which is a little strange to be fair. I guess they are fine catching treasure chests and junk in the ocean, but they still don't like catching fish. I almost always see them compete in the fishing tournament. Dylan and Zeph are also "Masters of the Sea," the hidden career trait. I think they have all of the hidden ocean traits and ocean interactions, but they are 100%, pure-blooded mermen after all.

Have you tried keeping the fish in fish tanks instead? I know that merfolk can actually talk to the fish to satisfy their social needs. I also know that viewing fish satisfies the fun need. Dylan and Zeph don't eat the fish they catch. They keep most of their fish in tanks.

I've been using the High Chair more often too. I don't like to use it because it can be a nightmare with too many adult sims, but the game hasn't been very nice to me with that.

The Zalrians have an odd mix of sims, but I find that a vegetarian diet keeps everyone happy. Jade is the only challenge. Because she's a vampire, she does need to eat plasma fruit and drink plasma packs. I did notice that the game gave her a surplus to satisfy her needs when I rotated out of the house. She has almost 100 plasma packs that the game gave her, and she drinks them autonomously. She did unlock the ability to buy them, and the Zalrians have a maxed income. I just assume that Calum and Arihi buy their children whatever they need and spare no expense.
    @Daephene A fair warning. Do not take a Child of the Ocean into the Hermit's House in Granite Falls. Seeing a mounted fish is a trigger for a reaction similar to mourning the death of a sim.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    I haven't done much Live Mode gameplay in the last couple of days because I'm working on this build: Myshuno Court, a Mediterranean villa bequeathed to San Myshuno about 150 years ago to serve as its Center Park. The building opens as a cafe in the daytime and bar at night, and is set up as a wedding venue as well with catering/banqueting facilities.

06-02-21-9-13-26-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-13-46-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-13-56-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-14-09-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-06-23-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-06-35-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-06-57-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-07-05-PM.png
    06-02-21-9-07-13-PM.png
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

The Sulani Aliens: Helios Eon

Helios Dating Kalamainu'u Iona Part 1

Like with many dates, random people that both Helios and Iona didn't know wouldn't leave them in peace and respect basic boundaries. To deal with them, Helios tested his sim ray on them.

51183291180_fe0ee0b859_k.jpg

He also had to help Iona calm her emotions before social interactions broke down.

51182991874_8beebc96e9_k.jpg
    With starlight sparkling off of the two ice sculptures decorating their surroundings, they finally had a chance to socialize and engage in a game of chess.

51182423528_367a0b764a_k.jpg

51182208181_111b54113a_h.jpg

Despite their cool surroundings, Helios was burning for Iona.

51181520022_e586e6f9a1_k.jpg

Unfortunately, the damage was already done, and Iona was uncomfortable. Helios's pick up lines failed.

51182991829_623c6015e6_k.jpg

After the date, the ladies of Sulani mistook Helios for being available. One of them was married.

51182423438_25d1831c2e_k.jpg

Helios rejected them and went to reading his books. He aspired to be a Handy Sim, so he needed to read a few books.

51182423003_48bd0c26cd_k.jpg

Meanwhile, Nui and Calden went to the Fishing Tournament to participate.

51182423428_f709dd4c00_k.jpg

It was there that the Twins passed judgement on each other, something they shouldn't normally be able to do except for Children of the Islands.

Dylan to Zeph: "Do you care about the Islands?"

Calum: "The poor fish!"

51182991784_40e6cf74ef_c.jpg

Nui: "Is this where I sign up for the fishing tournament?"

Zeph to Dylan: "I don't think you care about the Islands!"

51182208101_82bd917284_k.jpg

The Twins both mope because they denied each other's connection to the island despite not being Children of the Islands...

51182423418_ff0329594e_z.jpg

Meanwhile, Calden and Nui are participating in the Island Event.

51181520362_df6d96ed6f_k.jpg

Along with Calum who was just worried about the fish...

51182423403_ba73215661_k.jpg

Calden was excited about the treasure he caught, and it made him happy to remove the junk from the sea.

51181519992_5a31b32b44_h.jpg

While the contestants caught fish, Zeph started playing with his emotions before braking out into a jamming session.

51181520322_07df662387_b.jpg

Dylan wouldn't be one uped by his brother, so he started a jamming session on his violin.

51182208036_8068307268_h.jpg

51183290995_d60d52d600_c.jpg

As the contest came to a close, Nui decided to analyze Calden's personality. Nui felt embarrassed revealing that he was Alien in spite of his manufactured disguise. Calden became confident. He knew Aliens were real!

51182208031_0b655d6d68_k.jpg

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Wait a minute @Metior_Ice, you actually have a sim named Serene!? That's way too cool! I never met another Serene in my life before, so awesome! :pB)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Ok, I went back in one of my favorite households, Voyager's Resolutions & gave their shelter some of the new DHD objects. Kind of went a little giddy with the shelves. :D I finally gave them a TV considering they don't have a Holodeck. (Star Trek simmers will understand what I'm talking about) My couple has one of the new clothing in their formal & party wear. I resaved them, their lot & some of their rooms in the Gallery. It's under SEREFRAS.
  • volversevolverse Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2021
    These two finally eloped for good after the death and divorce of their previous spouses, the death of the groom at their first wedding (I got an achievement for this) and his second wedding to another Sim after he was brought back to life through the wishing well and leaving that spouse as well. They just kept having whims about each other so I caved in. They were each other's first love when they were teens.

I9snCiT.png
    Gallery ID Volverse5
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Decided to play the Pancake family. Eliza's life was mundane and felt like time was slipping by her, when one day she comes across an opportunity to prove herself. Saving several of her neighbors lives, she is granted with superpowers, and now spends her days helping citizens everywhere. Unfortunately, with every heroine, there is a villain, and because her lifestyle is now so dangerous, she divorced her husband Bob and is now living isolated by herself. The marriage being dissolved depressed her, but she keeps herself occupied with her new job as protector of civilian life.

Eliza being granted powers.
    06-01-21-5-25-22-PM.png

Eliza divorcing Bob
    06-02-21-1-13-55-PM.png

Eliza the Heroine
    06-02-21-2-09-57-PM.png

Eliza fighting her nemesis
    06-02-21-2-11-45-PM.png
    06-02-21-2-10-41-PM.png

Eliza saving the city from a falling helicopter
    06-02-21-8-23-00-PM.png
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
    Okay, I started the second week of Helios's rotation, but I feel like I'm struggling to figure out what I want to do with Aliens.

I did change Iona to a goofball to stop the mean interactions. Their update for traits have had some interesting effects, and the goofball trait is much more mischievous.

I noticed with Rylan that goofballs will now autonomously prank toilets. So, goofballs can get really bad reputations when left to their own devices.

I kinda wish merfolk performed their abilities autonomously like aliens, but at the same time, changing the weather, siren songs, siren lullabies, and summoning ocean threats aren't exactly something you'd want them to do autonomously. Just imagining the chaotic weather, turbulent moods, and potential deaths makes my head spin.

That being said, Kalamainu'u is pretty easy to romance using merfolk magic. I think a combination of a Charmer's Lullaby and Mermaid Kiss is enough to make most romantic interactions successful in spite of her negative traits. Success increases with the Child of the Ocean trait.

It did require more care with romance interactions, but Helios pulled their romance out of the red and now they are girlfriend and boyfriend. I figured that, with the development of their relationship and the fact that Helios invited her to live with his family in his Alien Home, one of her negative traits were acceptable to replace.

Kalamainu'u is now a Goofball, Loner, and Noncommittal. She struggles with large social circles, and her knew committed relationship with Helios is scary for her. She is starting to come out of her shell, so she's becoming a little more playful thanks to the support she's had from Helios.
    Oh, I almost forgot. My Aliens live in the most futuristic house I could put together, and one of the things I've been trying to figure out was the LIN Z smart speaker. I'm trying to make my sims friends with their stereo. I mean why not? They talk to their toilets.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Becka28 Well, hearing that I now kind of want more death in my game so that I can get more of Grimmy being weird and flirty :D. Mirabelle is so shameless/toxic that it's kind of refreshing in the context of sims drama/storytelling. I agree with @haneul that while she might not be fun to play it has certainly been interesting.
    @Daephene Beautiful looking wedding in every way. When I hold big wedding events with guests and all in any Sims game, they always end up being stupid in one way or another. The one I had in TS4 had a guest sleeping on their seat during the ceremony :s.

Technically these are not today but the most recent session.
    Just Trent and Vlad being cute.
    Jtj9t6i.jpg

Though there was this stupid bit of random flirting.
    ORFuKW2.jpg

Axel seems to agree with me though.
    "Uhh, look to your right. There's someone who's kind of crushing on you hard."
    gNYQdQQ.jpg

And they did end up marrying later. Let's just do it nice and private in Ancient Ruins. Vlad the Loner appreciates it.
    Qx95cbn.jpg
    @Thrior Nice job finding a way for Vlad to be adorable :o

Myshuno Court's banqueting facilities are now complete
    06-03-21-7-45-44-PM.png
    06-03-21-7-45-56-PM.png
    06-03-21-7-47-14-PM.png

• CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    @Becka28 Ha, I hear you on the extra sims. No problem. With that said, Mirabelle is so messy, I am loving the drama she brings to your Not So Berry challenge. :D
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
    edited June 2021
    I decided I wanted to play a rotational game with smaller families, so I started a new game in San Myshuno. I'll play all the San Myshuno premades. I intend to rotate every week or when I get bored :) To start the game I created Armando and Sierra López, idealistic newlyweds who have moved to the big city with many hopes and dreams.
    meet.png

Sierra loves getting to know all of the neighbors and, well, everyone really, especially Miko Ojo and Penny Pizzazz. She aspires to change the world. She works as an unruly activist and has the green innovator aspiration.
    welcome-wagon.png

Armando has the City Native aspiration, but he is more in love with the idea of humanity. Here he is in his happy place, looking at the city from a long way up.
    armando-in-his-happy-place.png

He is an aspiring writer and also loves to play the guitar when no one else is around. I gave him the loner trait because I just get such a kick out of loner autonomy, and Sierra has the outgoing trait, just to keep things interesting.

They have moved into an awkward little apartment with a great view.
    awkward-apt-great-view.png

Best way to send your spouse off to work on their first day! Good luck sweetie
    good-luck-first-day.png

Penny seems to have lots of noisy fun that provides an interesting backdrop to Armando's reading.
    book-and-fun.png

I think Armando and Raj Rasoya would be the cutest best friends. Maybe it will happen.
    meeting-raj.png

There are also the guys from the gym.
    guys-gym.png

Sierra tried hard to make a good impression on Miko, since she's a high-up politician apparently
    made-good-impression-on-politician.png

But her first protest didn't go so well.
    protest-closeup.png
    protest.png

At least she figured out how to make pufferfish nigiri after ordering it from the food stand! Now she can make it at home too! What could go wrong?
    pufferfish-nigiri.png

Armando got promoted, and received a Milton word processor. He sold his laptop to make room for this beaut!
    a-promoted-with-word-processor.png

Good thing too. Sierra is already grousing about how she can't install a dew collector or solar panels in this apartment. She'd really like to be conserving more. Plus, she got promoted to campaign intern, and campaigning ain't all it's cracked up to be, maybe she could become a civil designer instead and have more of an impact?
    Meanwhile, Armando wants to know how come she thinks they need to buy a bigger place just to conserve more? He is happy just as they are.

I have to say, one of my favorite things about San Myshuno is just going for a jog and seeing all the characters.
    jogging.png
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    I did building again. This is Chateau Peak, the second lot Gabriel is going to buy and put in Juno's name in the legacy story. In gameplay, I'll be renting one when I want a change of scenery. This took me around 14 hours to build. I hated it when I first built it.

The walls are pretty bare because I have a dozen and six family photos to plaster all over the walls. I'll also be turning my screenshots into CC, and then taking photos of the CC. Roundabout annoying way of doing it, but it'll work.

GymLyOU.png
    Front view. I had to do the terrain paint like three times because for some reason the game lost it twice. Who knows why.
    RBdZZMq.png
    This is the back yard. Btw, the sand pit actually works, there are sand options on it like beachcomb and building sand sculptures and stuff.

2ixEFZ9.png
    The little wanna-be gazebo thinger. Probably will never be used but it looks cool. I don't understand why these floor lamps work off-grid, the ceiling light that came with RoM work off-grid, and yet the floor torches that use the same magic little orb that's in the ceiling light consumes power. Feels like an oversight.

ZvkKGcV.png
    This is one side of the upstairs magic room above the garage.

8jO0rmi.png
    The other side. I used CC like heck in this build btw.

jwkZCll.png
    This is the garage, which is really more of a gym, but, we'll pretend I guess. You can see in the mirrors, there are storage boxes under the stairs.

2W6k5R7.png
    This is the hallway from the garage.

VliWSCg.png
    The game room. That's the new laptop we got with the new GP, too.

G9MRHks.png
    The mud room and the hallway. The mud room was a lot of fun because I got to play with the new modular shelving and whatnot. Um, it was also kind of an adventure trying to figure out where to put the mud room but it ended up by the garage entry. Which makes sense, but puts it technically at the front of the house lol

iW0r24m.png
    This is the great room. The space with the glass fencing and the stacked firewood will eventually be mimicking a fireplace using the studio effect player, there are three of them buried in the firewood. Same with the little wrought iron fenced off space upstairs.

gBd8Oni.png
    The kitchen and dining. I actually *love* how this came out, I just utterly adore it.

uFkyn7l.png
    This is the kid's room.

mPLoioy.png
    The den, which just kind of became another sitting area, because I didn't know what else to do with it. Now I sort of want to turn it into a tatami room. I mean, the Eisensterns are still very Mt. Komorebinese.

FAu6myj.png
    The library. The windows over there have peacemaker's built-in seating.

fxSUII9.png
    This is the master bedroom.

MWWRDag.png
    Other side of it.

j3wmmrr.png
    And this is the far room in the back, where Avery and Cecily will sleep.

cT8MYvu.png
    The ground floor plan.

IAlZdQ8.png
    And this one's the upstairs.

There is a basement too, but that's just the downstairs crypt, so nothing super interesting.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • SimsirellaSimsirella Posts: 11 New Member
    Today was a bit sad for Gilberts (They always have the best drama) My sims adoptive daughter has moved away and it was such a hard time for Koda (our daddy) since his husband died and he had to raise his three children all by himself. But I am sure Tabitha will always come to visit her dearest dad and two little twin brothers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top