Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quit scrapping already finished paintings!

Seriously! My Sim scraps a FINISHED painting just to start another one... before I can make her sell it! So annoying. And I'm not talking about me taking ages to get her to sell the painting... I mean... as soon as she has finished painting it, she is scrapping it... making her lose simoleons!!!

Please change this! Geez... >:(
~o Sapphire o~
Gallery

Comments

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Sounds like a bug...? My primary artist never scraps finished paintings and I sold them all for fame/money. It's how she got to 4 star fame status.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I think I've had this happen too. I'll see the sim working on a painting and when I go back to them they are working on a different painting and the first one is no where to be found.
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    Ya, I watch my Sim finish a painting and then scrap it and start a new one. Frustrating when you are playing without cheats and are using painting as your way to make money.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've never had this happen. A finished painting remains on the easel until I scrap, frame, list on Plopsy, or sell it.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I've also experienced this bug. I couldn't believe it. I'm so fed up with all the bugs in this game.
    Has any checked to see if it has been reported?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Has any checked to see if it has been reported?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Honestly I think it's pointless. I mean I'm still experiencing bugs that have been around for years.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never could click on the easel fast enough to sell a panting before another Sim would walk over and start a new one. So I downloaded a mod that puts finished paintings into the Sim’s inventory right after they’re done so I can sell them at my leisure and the easel can be used again.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    This should be pretty easy for you to stop. Either turn off autonomy or put something else in her queue that makes her walk away from the easel when she finishes painting. I've had lots of painters, including the Sim I've been playing most recently, and I've never seen this happen but I wouldn't allow it to happen more than once or twice. After that, I'd take steps to prevent it.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    I have never had this bug happen, with mods ( or vanilla, if I remember correctly) . I currently only use one mod that affects paintings, and it should not do that.

When my sim finishes the painting, where ever they are painting, it always stays in easel. Even when my sim paints in communitylot, like in some areas of Windenburg or San Myshuno ( NOT meaning festivals) , the painting is still there even simweeks later, if I have forgot to sell it.

Might still be a mod, as it has been some time when I have played vanilla :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I have never had this bug happen, with mods ( or vanilla, if I remember correctly) . I currently only use one mod that affects paintings, and it should not do that.

When my sim finishes the painting, where ever they are painting, it always stays in easel. Even when my sim paints in communitylot, like in some areas of Windenburg or San Myshuno ( NOT meaning festivals) , the painting is still there even simweeks later, if I have forgot to sell it.

Might still be a mod, as it has been some time when I have played vanilla :)

I have several easels placed outside my museum/art center and I love to visit and see what random sims have painted. :)
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    For the record I don't use any cheats to alter the artist/painting system.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I have always used a mod by littlemssam (AutoPutPaintingInInventory) which makes them put their finished painting in their inventory so I have never had this issue...
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have seen it too, recently, on a modless game. Here is the compiled list of reported bugs on AHQ, please look to see if it has been reported; otherwise make a bug report, like said in this thread previously.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M130065

I agree that it feels pointless; I know that it gives results sometimes.

Please post such opinions about bug reporting here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Idea-to-improve-the-bug-report-form/m-p/9454368/highlight/true#M36339
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Seriously! My Sim scraps a FINISHED painting just to start another one... before I can make her sell it! So annoying. And I'm not talking about me taking ages to get her to sell the painting... I mean... as soon as she has finished painting it, she is scrapping it... making her lose simoleons!!!

Have any mods?
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Have any mods?

No mods and no cc. My game is clean. And it doesn't seem to happen with every sim I've noticed.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I saw on littlemssam's website that she has a mod to fix this. Apparently it happens if your sim is a perfectionist. I guess they think some paintings are not good enough so they get rid of them.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug
  • VelveetaVelveeta Posts: 1 New Member
    It’s not a bug. This is how the perfectionist trait is intended to function.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Velveeta wrote: »
    It’s not a bug. This is how the perfectionist trait is intended to function.

Yes, I was going to post just the same thing.
  • KornipooKornipoo Posts: 1 New Member
    I have this glitch also. I like to just add a simple task right after she’s done painting and she just does the task which gives me time to sell the painting
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Kornipoo wrote: »
    I have this glitch also. I like to just add a simple task right after she’s done painting and she just does the task which gives me time to sell the painting

It's a personality feature for perfectionist sims.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2021
    I’ve noticed this happening in my game just recently. I’m playing with the Watson family in Henford. Rhami is a perfectionist so I guess it makes sense for her to do it and it isn’t a glitch?
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    This happened only once for me when my sim was a perfectionist. Usually I don't play with a perfectionist. When I changed it everything was as usual.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    This particular change to the Perfectionist trait was made with the update that "improved" several traits. Like Bookworms carrying books noweverywhere they go and Goofball sims choosing mischief interactions more often than before.