The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack to get announced soon(Cottage Living Confirmed)!!!!

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

The Sims 4: Dream Dragon Tiles confirmed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think the next EP will still release in June.

June means no major content for 4 months, until EP12 is released in November.
    And they would announce a 2-month roadmap if nothing is released in July

* Subject to change at EA's discretion means they are late, EP11 can be postponed if it's necessary

It's not like we had no drought before. That's what kits are for.

And that disclaimer doesn't mean anything. They just put it there to avoid legal issues. It's a common practice.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really hope they announce it in June but I feel it’ll be July. Although there are usually 3 weeks from announcing an expansion to its release so maybe.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Maybe they'll wait for E3 to announce it ? I cant wait to find out what the next EP will be :):) .
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Lol. I’d love medieval pack, but there are so many other things I want too.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think we’ll see or hear something very soon about the next pack release because they have to wipe out all of this bad publicity surrounding the DHD pack.

I don't think I’ve seen this many complaints since the MFPS fiasco or maybe the Star Wars pack lol

Personally i love the Batuu pack but it got a lot of complaints from other simmers, how long was it between the Batuu pack and the next release talking about wiping out bad publicity?!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd love an EP with a British-style world. <3
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I'd love an EP
    with a British-style world. <3

Isn‘t Britechester supposed to be British inspired?
    I'd love an EP

It’s meant to be but it doesn’t quite feel it, although maybe English people might feel it looks like England. I dunno it still looked quite American to me
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think we’ll see or hear something very soon about the next pack release because they have to wipe out all of this bad publicity surrounding the DHD pack.

I don't think I’ve seen this many complaints since the MFPS fiasco or maybe the Star Wars pack lol

Personally i love the Batuu pack but it got a lot of complaints from other simmers, how long was it between the Batuu pack and the next release talking about wiping out bad publicity?!

JTB was released in September 8, 2020 and the next pack was Snowy Escape released November 13, 2020.

I remember the fuss surrounding MFPS. That pack totally overshadowed Jungle Adventure in my opinion, which I felt was a really fun Game Pack.

Jungle Adventure was released February 27, 2018 and MFPS was released March 13, 2018, then we had Seasons released on June 22, 2018.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2021
    EdithV wrote: »
    I'd love an EP

It’s meant to be but it doesn’t quite feel it, although maybe English people might feel it looks like England. I dunno it still looked quite American to me

As a Brit Britechester doesn’t represent Britland in any way, shape or form! It’s far too sunny and clean looking to be realistic! Just my opinion...
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2021
    I just saw this as well.

It just says "Find Out Soon" but as we know the "Hot Sims Summer" event mentioned May, June, and July. And well so far there's been a release in both May (Kit) and June (Game Pack) so I would assume the EP will come out in July? And be announced later this month?

How far in advance are EPs announced by the way?

iirc Expansions have been announced like 4 weeks prior to their release, but even that can be very random.

I thought that was the case, but I wasn't totally sure.

And they would announce a 2-month roadmap if nothing is released in July

* Subject to change at EA's discretion means they are late, EP11 can be postponed if it's necessary

I don't know, I'm still holding out hope for a fall GP in September. They've done multiple GPs in the past before (in 2015, 2017, and 2019) preferably occult since we typically get 1 good occult lifestate every 2 years.

* Good meaning, fleshed out with a skill tree/powers/etc
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't know, I'm still holding out hope for a fall GP in September. They've done multiple GPs in the past before (in 2015, 2017, and 2019) preferably occult since we typically get 1 good occult lifestate every 2 years.

I'm skeptical about September because EA is always proud to announce a lot of new content before E3 / EA Play.

But GP10 Dream Home Decorator have no world and no complex gameplay, it's enough "light" for another GP like they did for GP04 Vampires and GP05 Parenthood (4 months).

Late September could be possible, a good timing for Occult GP + Halloween.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd love an EP

Nah, the closest to Britain so far is Windenburg, but that's more German than anything.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I'm skeptical about September because EA is always proud to announce a lot of new content before E3 / EA Play.

But GP10 Dream Home Decorator have no world and no complex gameplay, it's enough "light" for another GP like they did for GP04 Vampires and GP05 Parenthood (4 months).

Late September could be possible, a good timing for Occult GP + Halloween.

I'm hoping they're planning an Occult GP for September and just sort of keeping it to themselves for the time being. Have they ever announced new content AT E3/EA Play before? Like could the currently planned EP be released before then, and then they announce the rest of the lineup at the event?

I don't know how possible it is to get another GP this year, but I'm defintely hoping we do and that it's occult themed. Otherwise I fear it's not going to be until 2023 that we get more occult content. Unless of course they change course and give us something next year.

But you are right that GP10 didn't include a new world or anything that should have been super costly.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @calaprfy wrote: »
    I'd love an EP

Nah, the closest to Britain so far is Windenburg, but that's more German than anything.

Maybe Scotland a little because Emily could be a friend of Nessie
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    I'd love an EP

As a Brit Britechester doesn’t represent Britland in any way, shape or form! It’s far too sunny and clean looking to be realistic! Just my opinion...

Well I’m glad you said because I don’t think it does either! But I’m Scottish so I wondered if it maybe looked like an English town a bit more. Sadly I haven’t visited much of England yet so I thought it might look like that part of the country more than up here.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't think that really says anything new, we already know we're getting an expansion in the next 2 months and their definition of soon tends to be very broad. When they give a roadmap, that usually means they're gonna be releasing stuff up until the very end of that roadmap, and the ep is last on the list so it'll most likely be out in the last 2 weeks of July after the other stuff
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd love an EP

Yup, but it's a university world and it doesn't really add normal/everyday places. The old university is very much "rich people england" and only the extremely wealthy could relate to a place like that, the random neighborhood in the middle feels much more like France/Holland than Britain to me, the modern university is pretty realistic to a lot of UK city university campuses I've seen (although the dorms are very American) but it's a university area not really a liveable area.

However I do feel like the base is covered for central Europe with that world and Windenburg, I'd rather see other parts of Europe represented in game like the Mediterranean which physically doesn't exist in game yet
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

What are you talking about? We've definitely had September/October content before.

I think the EP could be June or July, it could go either way. But I definitely think we will have at minimum another stuff pack in August or September, and potentially another fall GP before the big holiday EP closes out the year.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,181 Member
    @calaprfy wrote: »
    I'd love an EP

Maybe Scotland a little because Emily could be a friend of Nessie

2nd cousins I believe. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'd just be happy if they quit with the ridiculous guessing games and constant announcements for the announcement for the actual announcement of the new pack. Just tell us what it is already, everything else is just spam.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Lbphart3 wrote: »
    Maybe they'll wait for E3 to announce it ? I cant wait to find out what the next EP will be :):) .

EA doesn't announce at E3 anymore. They have their own EA Play. That's were they announce.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    I feel like this is going to be a Faming Expansion with an option to explore Nature in whatever new world is coming in it.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,181 Member
    I so hope its some kind of farming/nature type of EP. But it has to have horses. I'm tired off jumping back and forth between my Sims games. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion