Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite expansion pack from each iteration of the Sims?

Comments

• tx631292tx631292 Posts: 18 Member
    all :) :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    Sims 2: University
    Sims 3: Supernatural, Seasons
    Sims 4: Realm of Magic, Vampires, Seasons (the calendar *chefs kiss*), Tiny Living
  • zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    > Sims 2: University
    > Sims 3: Supernatural, Seasons
    > Sims 4: Realm of Magic, Vampires, Seasons (the calendar *chefs kiss*), Tiny Living

Ah yes, Tiny Living. I bought that for my g/f. :)
    ~Z~
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    zoldos9 wrote: »
    @Ray_Trace Sims 3 was very fun. My g/f and I played it extensively. I never got Seasons, but rather Pets and a few others. :)

I did play some of it and I actually got hooked onto it, similar to how I got hooked on the Sims 4, lots of similar gameplay loops that I enjoy about it. Some minor stuff I enjoyed was like, seeing Bookworms actually autonomously getting books or Sims angrily yelling at broken appliances are those types of touches I enjoy in that game lol.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    [quote] @Ray_Trace said:
    > I did play some of it and I actually got hooked onto it, similar to how I got hooked on the Sims 4, lots of similar gameplay loops that I enjoy about it. Some minor stuff I enjoyed was like, seeing Bookworms actually autonomously getting books or Sims angrily yelling at broken appliances are those types of touches I enjoy in that game lol.
    [/quote]
    Yes I love it when my Sims try to cook and get all mad cause it didn't turn out good. Then my cats jump on the counter and eat it instead. hehehe
    ~Z~
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1 Hot Date
    2 Open for Business
    3 Generations
    4 Get Together
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Sims 2 - University. that's the only pack I ever had

I played Sims 1 but never had expansion packs before

Sims 4 - Seasons

never played Sims 3
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    The Sims: Vacation

The Sims 2: Bon Voyage

The Sims 3: Generations

The Sims 4: Either Get Famous or City Living, can't decide
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Sims 1: Hot Date - Vacation
    Sims 2: Open For Business - Pets - Seasons
    Sims 3: Pets - Seasons
    Sims 4: Seasons - Get Famous - Island Living
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sims 2 University or Apartment Life... OfB was cool too

Sims 3 Pets, Late Night, Generations, World Adventures.. I kinda loved ALL exps from the S3 series

Sims 4 Get Together
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sims 3 pets are so much fun. It's a blast controlling them and sometimes I want to play sims 3 just to control them again😭😭😭 they are just so cool and lively too. And the adult pets can cuddle with their kid it's so sweet. I wish they would let us control them again but no one is asking for it so I know it's not gonna happen. In ts4 I barely use pets.

Sims 4 (hard choice) uhhh... hmmmm.. I guess I would say ... Ecolifestyle. But I really don't have a number 1. They all add something I like. But the stuff that came with Ecolifestyle I use very often.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    The Sims 1: Hot Date
    The Sims 2: Seasons
    The Sims 3: Generations
    The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    TS1: Superstar
    TS2: Apartment Life
    TS3: University Life
    TS4: Eco Lifestyle

Hard to pick just one for each. So I went by which pack I have the fondest memories of playing for the older sims games.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    My favourite expansions were:

Sims 1: Living it Large.
    This added more characters and items that were really fun.

Sims 2: Nightlife.
    Vampires 🧛‍♂️ , cars 🚘 , Mrs Crumplebottom and nightclubs! 🎉🎉🎉

Sims 3: Seasons.
    Weather ☀️ and the festivals 🎉 were a great addition. So unique!

Sims 4: Vampires.
    Vampires! 🧛‍♂️.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    1 & 2-didn't play
    3 World Adventures
    4 Snowy Escape
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My Favorites:

Sims 1: pets, vacation, magic

Sims 2: pets, vacation, seasons

Sims 3: seasons, supernatural, island, adventures, time travel

Sims 4: pets, seasons, get together
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Sims 1: Unleashed (I think I was just so excited to get pets)

Sims 2: University ( I think it added so much gameplay I think I spent most of my time in this pack once it came out.)

Sims 3: World Adventures, Pets, & Supernatural (it's a tie, I couldn't imagine playing without all three of these packs.)

Sims 4: City Living OR Seasons (I don't really have a favorite game in this iteration, I feel like nothing has blown me away, but all the packs have added needed/wanted features. But these are the two packs that have added the most to my gameplay.)
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    The Sims 1: It has been a long time but probably Makin' Magic.

The Sims 2: Apartment Life. It has the best implementation of apartments in the series, and there are tons of other stuff that are not apartments, mainly witches.

The Sims 3: I have many favorites for this one so I can't really place one on the top. They are Generations, Supernatural, and Into the Future. Generations because it enhances the base game experience in many different ways, Supernatural because I am an occult player to the core, and Into the Future because it is what The Sims Medieval should have been. A good sandbox Sims game which you can do whatever you want, while in a different time period.

The Sims 4: I only have the base game, so I can't really comment on that. I am guessing it would be Vampires, or ROM, since I am an occult player, but I don't really have the economy to spend money on Sims these days so I guess I won't be finding out anytime soon.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I can't remember what came from which in any of the iterations now but did like the paranormal stuff in the first three and enjoy visiting Sulani in Sims 4 but that doesn't mean it's my favourite pack. I just like using all the other packs offerings in it!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Sims 1 - Toss up between Makin' Magic and Unleashed
    Sims 2 - Another Toss up between Freetime and OFB, but if I had to choose just one to play with, it would defintely be OFB
    Sims 3 - Generations
    Sims 4 - Seasons
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Sims 1: House Party.
    Sims 2: Freetime, Seasons or University.
    Sims 3: Generations and Supernatural.
    Sims 4 (so far): Seasons, Snowy Escape, Island Living, all the Game Packs, Vintage Glamour and Perfect Patio Stuff.
  • KurisKuris Posts: 16 Member
    I am only old enough to remember from Sims 3 (lol), although I did play Sims 2 as a child, and the Sims Medieval, but from;

Sims3 - Island Living. Way better than the Sims 4 attempt, I feel like the Sims 4 attempt was half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (personally), I miss hotels working as they did in SIms 3

Sims4 - Dine Out. The restaurants are just amazing, they work so well!
  • wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Sims 2: Seasons with Freetime a close second
    Sims 3: Generations but I also loved Seasons, Supernatural, and Pets (honestly I love all TS3 EPs)
    Sims 4: Not sure with this one. Most of the EP are about the same to me and I haven’t really been wowed by them yet. I can definitely choose my favorite among GPs (Parenthood).
    ldauop39735.png
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 1: Hot Date
    The Sims 2: Open for Business
    The Sims 3: Seasons
    The Sims 4: Honestly none but I guess I could say Get Together just because the club system is probably the only in depth feature TS4 has
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sims 2 don't now I got all of it at once
    sims 1 never played
    sims 4 get to work
    sims 3 seasons
    more for sim kids and more drama please