Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Already answered it. I'm still mad about it. I'mma boycott Burger King for like, uhm, 3 months. That'll teach 'em. XD

First band/artist you ever remember obsessing over?

Not sure what that post after this one was but I didn't see a question so... answering this one. I don't recall obsessing over a band, growing up, and wondered if the kids going nuts for Def Leopard and Van Halen were for real, or if they were just pretending because it was trendy. But the first time a popular artist really got under my skin, it was Jimi Hendrix, on some back-to-back retro weekend thing, and it was Purple Haze and Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire, both, that I was listening to when I first discovered A Whole New World if you get my drift. I still have the association of that intense experience with those two amazing songs, and Jimi's voice really reaches me even though it was his guitar playing rather than his singing that was so..choice.

Did you have a peak experience, growing up, that stands out in your mind as a potent experience of self-discovery or revelation?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Hmm... a couple come to mind, so I'm just gonna go with one that's not necessarily the 'top' one, just a good one:
    You never really know whether or not someone is a real 'friend' while everything is going well in your life; only when they've been willing to overcome a difficulty or inconvenience for your benefit, and the benefit of your friendship, can they be considered a friend with any real certainty.
    I've been burned a few times in order to learn this. Someone I considered one of my best friends who I've known from school just totally noped out of my life when I started going through some real difficulties. I spent years after the fact wondering why they abandoned me like that when I needed their friendship the most, until I realised that all the prior memories I have with that person were of us hanging out and chilling, totally unproblematic. The moment I wasn't an adequate drinking buddy anymore, they dropped me :/

same question
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Yeah, that people are a whole load of poop sometimes and are ungrateful. And I learned this when I was like 7 and a half. 😂

Which singer's voice do you wish you have?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2021
    Kelsea Ballerini or Taylor Swift 😂 I like singing slow love songs.

Also @DeKay I remember having many obsessions over certain bands/singers.... Ross Lynch/R5, One Direction, Taylor Swift

Now I'm on my obsessed with Hunter Metts phase.... :lol:

Hmmm....
    Same question.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    A lot of my fav singers are males and I'm a female so that's a tough one. I'mma go with Jenna from Tonight Alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRDVXnACx7Y

My voice is more like this singer here tho. I have a pretty deep boyish voice. XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWzZ4SnhSk

What does your laugh sound like?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2021
    I rarely laugh out loud, it usually "kukukukuku" or other similar. My classmate said it sounds like a psycho killerᥬ🌝᭄ᥬ🌚᭄

Same question
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Kind high pitched and much louder than my normal voice.

What song are you listening to right now?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    "There's No Business Like Show Business" by Mary Hopkin.

What is your favourite childhood cartoon? (Mine would be The Powerpuff Girls and Totally Spies, btw)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • MichybooMichyboo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all could you please help.... I’ve got a new house through the sim festival... but it won’t let me place it because of a plate of cookies... and it won’t allow me to put the cookies into storage... so other than buying a new lot how can I replace my original house with the new one please... I’m truly baffled?!?
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Michyboo wrote: »
    Hello all could you please help.... I’ve got a new house through the sim festival... but it won’t let me place it because of a plate of cookies... and it won’t allow me to put the cookies into storage... so other than buying a new lot how can I replace my original house with the new one please... I’m truly baffled?!?

this is not the best place to get answers, this is the 'off topic' section of the forum, we're just playing games here lol go to 'categories' at the top of the forum and find the relevant Sims game you want to ask the question about : )
    Kelvin wrote: »
    What is your favourite childhood cartoon? (Mine would be The Powerpuff Girls and Totally Spies, btw)

Sailor Moon ^_^

what's the show/movie you've rewatched the most?

Drummer in Seize The Day
    MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD. I have to write in caps cuz it's the best TV show in the whole wide world and I'm currently binge watching Season 5 again for like the 8th time or something.

Did you watch WandaVision?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Not yet, but my brother said it's good, so I might. I'm not into the Superhero stuff much.
    Although I did go from not being into Star Wars to watching Star Wars Rebels, and then the Force Awakens, now I have a favorite character (Rey) and favorite droid (BB8) and have a interest in trying the space milk (Whichever one people say tastes like Fruit Loops) and make my own Ronto Wraps. So I suppose I could start by watching WandaVision and slowly ease into Marvel (I've been tempted to watch the Spiderman movies, #1 cuz Zendaya is in them and #2 what girl doesn't like Tom Holland? :lol: )

Speaking of, I also want to watch the Mandalorian.... so uhhh...

Have you watched the Mandalorian?
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    You're not gonna understand WandaVision if haven't seen the other movies. XD

No, I don't like Star Wars stuff at all.

Which is your fav Spiderman?
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Andrew Garfield. Obviously!!! Tom Holland is cute in a teddy bear way, but Spiderman is literally supposed to be a nerdy guy in college not a social butterfly in high school. And Garfield is way hotter than the original, although the original will always be an unbeatable classic too.

Same question?
    Yes, Andrew Garfield's version is my fav. :D And he is hotter (or the hottest), you're right. LOL! I also didn't like how we didn't get to see how Tom's Spiderman became spiderman. I know they probably don't want us to see it again after showing us 2 times but it won't hurt to see how Uncle Ben died again. Baahaha. To me, it just sells the tragic background story a bit more and makes the characters have more 'drive' to them.

What is your fav type of meat? Chicken, fish, beef, etc.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Beef! By far. Tacos, spaghetti, meatloaf, burgers, stew, etc. all have beef and I eat those pretty often. I do like lamb, too, though. Honestly meat itself~ I’m absolutely in love with it, to an unhealthy level where a vegan meal just won’t cut it for me 😅

(Omg true!! I didn’t realize that backstory part until you pointed it out. And idk it also felt out of place that his aunt wasn’t a homey grandmother-type anymore, like they were trying to just appeal to younger audiences)

Do you ever purposefully mispronounce a word/phrase? If so, what and why?
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Aright instead of alright, crown instead of crayon, probly instead of probably. Idk if I did these on purpose but or I just naturally started pronouncing them this way but I do.

Same question
    Beef! By far. Tacos, spaghetti, meatloaf, burgers, stew, etc. all have beef and I eat those pretty often. I do like lamb, too, though. Honestly meat itself~ I’m absolutely in love with it, to an unhealthy level where a vegan meal just won’t cut it for me 😅

(Omg true!! I didn’t realize that backstory part until you pointed it out. And idk it also felt out of place that his aunt wasn’t a homey grandmother-type anymore, like they were trying to just appeal to younger audiences)

Do you ever purposefully mispronounce a word/phrase? If so, what and why?

To be fair, I thought the first Aunt May was just a bit too old for a college student. XD She was more like a grand aunt. LOL.
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Aright instead of alright, crown instead of crayon, probly instead of probably. Idk if I did these on purpose but or I just naturally started pronouncing them this way but I do.

Same question

Yeah, all the time. Cuz it's funny. LOL. I can't think of specific words but they're usually like random words. Like "ugly" is "oogly". :D Or "pretty" is "purdy".

What do you wish for your birthday?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    An acoustic guitar, and a reservation for two at the swank new restaurant that opened recently with actual chefs who make everything and are very food-allergy friendly. And while we're dreaming, a weekend at an inn about 2 hours' drive south, in one of the suites that has a fireplace, massage chair, and private hot tub in it. But two out of three isn't bad if I can swing it.

I know I should have said world peace and all, but even if that came true it would be destroyed in the next instant, or else by "peace" the wish would mean everyone's dead, in the style of The Monkey's Fist, so nah, selfish wishes will do.

Sameq uestion.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    What do I wish for for my birthday? Hmmmm..
    Let me think.....
    :neutral:
    :smirk:
    :blush:
    :smiley:

Alright, I wish to get to meet Hunter Metts someday. Oh, and to have a song I've written sung by somebody... (I mean, it would be cool if it was Hunter singing something I wrote)

Actually I wish I was a good friend of his. Maybe more? If he was single... (he isn't :disappointed: )

Alright I've gone overboard now.

Same question.
    Well, right now, I'm currently looking into health smartwatches. I have a Fitbit Versa 2 which is still working fine, so literally I have like no reason to buy anything new, really. 🤣 But after scouring over the internet to find other brands that I might like, I find that the Fitbit ones are still the best. So maybe I won't buy a new smartwatch. :D And my birthday is like at the end of this month. Agh. And I don't have anything that I want. Send help.

Also, notice how I said I wanna buy a watch even tho it would be my own birthday. Yes, I'm sad and I buy my own presents, okay...? Sushhh. XD

@rubyskywalker Don't lose hope! Maybe one day you can be his friend (or more). Hehee. :D If I can be friends with one of my fav bands, it's totally possible that it could happen to you too no matter how crazy it seems!

Is there a dish that you want to try to make soon?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Wonton soup! I’m buying the materials at an Asian market this weekend. I’m going to try as best as I can to make it super delicious, even though I’m usually not that good at Chinese food, because I miss this dish.

A personality trait people say you have but you don’t really think you have?
    I don't know that this is a personality trait per se, but my daughter (who is graduating in a few days so is an expert lol) is convinced I have ADHD with hyperfocus or maybe undetected autism, and I just don't think so, even though I know there are some oddities about me and always have been. Heck maybe I am autistic, I certainly had some of the markers as a kid (brief period of occasional hand-flapping when very young, oversensitivity to light, sound, and clothing textures) but was if anything, oversensitive socially, not undersensitive. So that would seem to negate possible autism, right? Anyway...

I'd get tested except for two things: I doubt I could get a referral for it in the first place, and if I could, why add to my already-burdensome medical expenses needlessly, when if I did get diagnosed with something, what then? What is to be gained by it if there's no action to be taken based on the outcome of such testing?

Interesting question, so I'll pass it along. Same question.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I've been called cheap, but I think it's hard for some to see through the eyes of someone who isn't too affected by marketing techniques. Would you call a monk cheap? Nope, because the reason they don't buy out the whole mall isn't because they don't want to spend money but because they simply aren't tied to material goods in the same way. I get attached to things I've had for a long time and don't see a need to get a new version o:)

And actually hmm I can relate! Not with the ADHD but with the autism and with OCD. The thing is, I actually would like to know if I had these, but I doubt that I do. I may not have liked to share the playground as a kid or found mainstream things funny/cute, but I did cry easily in movies, laughed at jokes by the people I valued, and detected emotions on others very well. With the OCD, it's true that I'm a perfectionist with my work, but I couldn't care less when my surroundings aren't organized 🤷‍♀️

Last moment you just really really wanted to rewind back a few minutes for it to go differently?
    I don't know that this is a personality trait per se, but my daughter (who is graduating in a few days so is an expert lol) is convinced I have ADHD with hyperfocus or maybe undetected autism, and I just don't think so, even though I know there are some oddities about me and always have been. Heck maybe I am autistic, I certainly had some of the markers as a kid (brief period of occasional hand-flapping when very young, oversensitivity to light, sound, and clothing textures) but was if anything, oversensitive socially, not undersensitive. So that would seem to negate possible autism, right? Anyway...

I'd get tested except for two things: I doubt I could get a referral for it in the first place, and if I could, why add to my already-burdensome medical expenses needlessly, when if I did get diagnosed with something, what then? What is to be gained by it if there's no action to be taken based on the outcome of such testing?

Interesting question, so I'll pass it along. Same question.

My brother is diagnosed with mild autism but there really isn't any medical expenses, of course, for it. 😂 Cuz there's just no cure. And with the no action, there is nothing to be gained but at least you know about it. 🤷
    I've been called cheap, but I think it's hard for some to see through the eyes of someone who isn't too affected by marketing techniques. Would you call a monk cheap? Nope, because the reason they don't buy out the whole mall isn't because they don't want to spend money but because they simply aren't tied to material goods in the same way. I get attached to things I've had for a long time and don't see a need to get a new version o:)

And actually hmm I can relate! Not with the ADHD but with the autism and with OCD. The thing is, I actually would like to know if I had these, but I doubt that I do. I may not have liked to share the playground as a kid or found mainstream things funny/cute, but I did cry easily in movies, laughed at jokes by the people I valued, and detected emotions on others very well. With the OCD, it's true that I'm a perfectionist with my work, but I couldn't care less when my surroundings aren't organized 🤷‍♀️

Last moment you just really really wanted to rewind back a few minutes for it to go differently?

Probably like a bit more than a month ago. But it's fixed now, so it's okay.

Fav word?
    FwDXXd5.gif