Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

it's quiet in here

Hey all, just wanted to drop a quick message to see how everyone is doing. it's quiet in the Aussie and NZ forums, I know I haven't been on in a while and hope everyone is doing great x
h8U3C4c.png

Comments

• PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I guess there isn't a huge amount to talk about. All the discussion takes part elsewhere in the forums. :)

Nothing much to report here. Adelaide has been cold last couple of weeks. I bought the new courtyard kit for The Sims and haven't used it yet (only bought it yesterday). Perhaps I'll have a play with that today.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Hi @giggler36. I don't have much to say these days having talked myself out over the years :D I remember you from when we had our own forum back in the early days of Sims 4. Glad you are still around.

I haven't played in a while. My dog had to have an operation on his leg and has had to be closely monitored for six weeks to make sure he doesn't do anything too athletic so I don't dare distract myself with sims. I will get back to it though. Only a few more weeks to go before we can all relax around him.

Thanks @PriestessDreadful. I didn't realise the courtyard kit had been released. I had checked on it a few times but it seems my Origin hadn't updated itself so it was not appearing for purchase. I just updated and bought it for future game play.
    Figwit wrote: »
    My dog had to have an operation on his leg and has had to be closely monitored for six weeks to make sure he doesn't do anything too athletic so I don't dare distract myself with sims.

Awww I hope he's okay xo. I have two male chocolate labradors (I know, insane, right?) who are both three years old - in fact, they are only about five weeks apart in age. I can't imagine trying to keep them calm and inactive. I guess I'd be doing a lot of crating. Being that labs are known for hip dysplasia and the like, I seriously hope that I never have any issues on that front! Previously I had bull terriers, and one of them had a luxating patella. She managed to avoid surgery, but there were rare occasions when she needed to be crated to stop her from getting over the top in behaviour.

Do you know, I STILL haven't used the Moroccan courtyard kit, but I just started on a new house this morning - I cleared the museum lot in Brindleton Bay and turned it into a residential lot, so my Sim lives on her own island. How spectacular would that be? So I think she should have a gorgeous Moroccan courtyard kit to go with her fabulous house. :)

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Thank you. He is a six year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier and he tore the ACL in his back leg. We don't know how it happened though I suspect it might have been jumping on my bed which is rather high. He is also a bit overweight which wouldn't have helped. He, and his side kick female Staffy, are both on a reduced diet now. Hopefully they will lose weight when they can go on big walks again. The main worry is that he could tear his other one in the next few years. Apparently that is common once a dog tears one. Ugh. I don't want to go through this again and the expense is only one factor.

On Wednesday it will be five weeks post-op so fingers crossed, we are nearly there. He has to go back early June for an x-ray to make sure the leg is sound and maybe after that we can start to relax a little.

Chocolate labs are lovely and two would be twice the fun. <3 I bet they keep you busy.
    He is a six year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Oh how I love bull breeds (having spent 25 years with bull terriers previously). <3 I can quite easily imagine how he did his ACL though :'(

Tonight we are supposed to be able to see the blood red moon around Australia, I hope it will be impressive. Around 9 pm is the best time, they tell me. So far, it just looks biggish but relatively normal.

I did take a shot of tonight's "calm waters" of my home town/suburb/whatever you want to call it just a short while ago. No filter, it's pretty enough how it is. lol, Calm Waters sounds like a housing estate.

LOqlK9j.jpg

Calming. :) I need that. I like living here.

• giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    Hi @giggler36. I don't have much to say these days having talked myself out over the years :D I remember you from when we had our own forum back in the early days of Sims 4. Glad you are still around.

I haven't played in a while. My dog had to have an operation on his leg and has had to be closely monitored for six weeks to make sure he doesn't do anything too athletic so I don't dare distract myself with sims. I will get back to it though. Only a few more weeks to go before we can all relax around him.

Thanks @PriestessDreadful. I didn't realise the courtyard kit had been released. I had checked on it a few times but it seems my Origin hadn't updated itself so it was not appearing for purchase. I just updated and bought it for future game play.

I hope your furkid is ok and heals quickly x
    h8U3C4c.png
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Hi everyone, this is the first time I have been on the forums in about 2 years. A lot has happened including buying our house, working in our gardens and working really long hours.

Hope everyone is well.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    bokylie1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is the first time I have been on the forums in about 2 years. A lot has happened including buying our house, working in our gardens and working really long hours

Hope everyone is well.
    ooh how exciting for you all, congrats on your house and I bet the garden looks amazing. I totally understand long work hours I do 12hr rotating shifts and it can take it out of you for sure
    h8U3C4c.png
    bokylie1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is the first time I have been on the forums in about 2 years. A lot has happened including buying our house, working in our gardens and working really long hours.

Hope everyone is well.

Congratulations on your house. :) How exciting.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Things have become quite active on here since I last popped in. I've been posting links to my Sims 3 videos each time I make one and nothing else has been happening. Today I take a look and everyone's having a chat.

I did watch the moon eclipse but didn't get a photo. I had my camera ready but I had to stand on the footpath to see the moon and it is on too steep a slope. I didn't want to risk dropping the camera as I overbalanced or the tripod fell over. I'm pleased I actually saw it in real life as it'll apparently be 2033 before the next one.

I hope the fur baby is over the leg operation. The little one I was taking care of and who was my avatar in the old AUNZ forum, Mia, had a similar injury but her little leg was too tiny for her to have it repaired. She had to rest a lot and eventually recovered. Unfortunately she was returned to my son a couple of years ago and he left her with someone else and they came home from work one day to find she'd died. She was 13 yrs. Her little mate, my avatar here, is devastated as they'd been together ever since he was a tiny puppy.