Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day is the best made Game Pack

Now I'm more sure than I ever was that Spa Day is the best Game Pack. Maybe the theme is not the most interesting, but EA did this pack with more attention than another ones. This pask has a lot of interesting and matching BB items, with a nice color swatches and wooden patterns. CAS is fine, also for male sims. Disproportion of content for male is less than in the another packs. New lot type is interesting and functional. New gamepley is detailed and deep because our sims can make a lot of different new activities. Pack theme is generic. You can build SPAs wherever you want with any styles and facilities. There is also less bugs. I only miss a small world here for our Sims to chill but honestly, it is hard to complain about this pack. I really regret that the another game packs are not so good as SPA day.

SpaDay.png

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I have a soft spot for Spa Day since it was released on my birthday several years ago.

Sure it doesn't have any game changing gameplay, but it does it's job right.

I genuinely think it has better athletic wear than Fitness Stuff, which I use all the time. Same for swimwear.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    It would have been a great pack if it had a little world. Without it it just feels empty.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This is one of the first packs I got and has always been part of my game. I always liked it. A lot of sims do yoga or go to the spa at random times. If it's a day where I don't know what else to do there's a good chance that I am sending them to the spa. I also utilize the CAS a lot. It combines well with the style in Laundry Day.

I have a couple of Maxis spas in my game, a general one and one that is specifically a yoga retreat. I added yoga to one of the gyms and sims will often carry a yoga mat around.

Sims who do yoga or who combine it with other fitness tone up differently than those who do not. It is a well done pack. Some might think it's boring but it is the kind of thing that makes every day more interesting.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    With your mention of a small, secluded world you've just inspired me to make Magnolia Promenade over into a Spa resort in my Villareal save. One restaurant, two different spa lots and one rental (or residential), plus the large park where rarely ever a townie walks by is good for day trips (maybe bring tents, meditation chair, campfires or if desired stereos and juice kegs). Vacationeers can also take trips on the steamboat that's anchored there (I have a near exact copy from the gallery placed in Brindleton Bay, it is zoned as a cafe.)

The pack is really well done, second only to Vampires, although vampires in my game are very situational, so I get less use out of it. In a save that isn't centered around vampires I'd prefer to not see them at all. My favorite gamepack is still Strangerville, but I wouldn't call it the best.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t honestly consider it a very hefty pack, but it’s my favorite game pack, too. I use it all the time. If my sims have time for a bath, I always make it a special soak. The moodlets are strong and last awhile. I love when my sims can teleport with their high wellness skill, that can be very convenient. And I love portable objects my sims can bring with them and use anywhere. Yoga mats are great for college students to bring near class and get focused. But it’s also fun to bring them to scenic places or vacation and have something to do there.

The sauna is nice and it’s one of the few gameplay objects where you can invite other sims to join you (why can’t we do this with the hot tub or the regular TV like in past games?)
    Sauna woohoo can be buggy, sims can get stuck there and I have to reset them. Recently I used it to kill a sim, which took some patience but worked like a charm.

There is a nice sofa in the pack with a matching armchair and I use the wall-mounted speaker all the time. The gym equipment is better looking than the other meshes. The mirrors are nice. There’s some nice options in bathroom tile in colors I like. I don’t know if the bb is super strong overall, but I am naming things I particularly enjoy.

I don’t keep the massage table or chair in my homes anymore, or they’ll be drawn there autonomously by other sims all the time (with nothing in their queue) and that’s confusing and annoying.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I wouldn’t call it the best game pack, but it’s definitely a must have for me. I would rank it third after Dream Home Decorator and then Dine Out.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love it too. But my favourites are still Vampires and RoM.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    One of my faves fasho
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Adding my support for this one. I can't call it my favorite, but I've never found anything in it to complain about. I like that it works well for both public venues and in-home spa facilities. I also actually like most of the clothing, and that's fairly amazing, what with me being so picky.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    I love it also. Second only to Dine Out.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    There are nice things in it, but it's far from being my favourite.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I enjoy sending sims to the spa to solve tense moodlets and give them massive focused/inspired/energised moodlets.

Also the fizzy drinks boost a sim's fun need.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Nothing like a wellness club, am I right?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    It's a must-have for me.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don’t ever use the meditation stool, but I like telling my Sims to do yoga lol it’s funny sometimes how ripped they get.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Spa Day is one of my favorite packs. I love the CAS and B/B, and I love the Wellness skill. I love that I can use it for my Off the Grid saves, which I play a lot of.

This reminds me that I need to finish my latest community lot build - a renovation of Movers and Shakers gym in Willow Creek being turned into a yoga studio and a gym next door.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    It's a decent pack. Not my favourite but good to have around. I don't use it enough and sometimes forget that it exists but the wellness skill with yoga, Bath soaks and lot type sure add something to do in the game.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I really like it too. Going to spas is always relaxing. I also love yoga. I think the pack is only missing a trait and aspiration. That to me would have taken it to the next level.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Ah I love spa day it’s a fab little pack. I’ve had so much joy creating and sending my sims to spas. I have a lot I redesigned by another simmer for selvadorada as a jungle spa retreat and it works so well plus with some added items from island living. This and dine out are very underrated.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I do really like spa day. Best to me? No I like parenthood and honestly dream home decorator better (I’m addicted to it at the moment). Also when dine out runs smooth it’s a real treat lol. But I do love the wellness skill and the spa lots are fun to put everywhere basically 😂.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I really like that you can combine a gym and a spa. I have no space in my worlds for a separate spa, but you can usually fit a yoga room and a couple massage tables in a gym and everything will function.
    I really appreciate that, because with other venues you always have to hire staff yourself (or use a mod).
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I would agree. It's a well crafted pack with all of the hallmarks for a proper Game Pack. It's got a skill, a new venue, new music, tons of new gameplay items, and just overall fits seamlessly with the world of the Sims, complete with fun, quirky animations like farting while getting a massage.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Spa Day is one of my faves too. The build and buy mode stuff are amazing.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2021
    Spa Day is one of my favorite packs. I love the CAS and B/B, and I love the Wellness skill. I love that I can use it for my Off the Grid saves, which I play a lot of.

This reminds me that I need to finish my latest community lot build - a renovation of Movers and Shakers gym in Willow Creek being turned into a yoga studio and a gym next door.

@NationalPokedex If you have Get Famous they already have a spot that they marked for a spa, just remove the carpet and place the yoga mats. I have it saved in the gallery with the yoga studio update. I also added the military boxing dummies from Strangerville and the rockclimbing wall from Fitness. It is where my Celebrity Fit club meets.
    Pectoral-Fitness.png
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Yup, I had the most fun with the game when it was just this pack and Get Together. I built spa's in Windenburg, then had my club hangout there. Bliss! When it comes to replay value, I might have gotten the most out of these two packs in general. I still use clubs and the wellness skill is a nice hobby.

There's been other nice packs since, but imo, the core gameplay hasn't changed that much in 7 years. When Spa Day came out things felt more fresh and new.