Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    This post is for players who are either not that experienced with CAS or don't feel like experimenting. The items below are not categorized as formal wear in CAS. Except the tuxedo jacket, which is not categorized as female. This means you won't see the items when you're in formal wear unless you remove the tag in the little submenu. But I hope even the CAS experts see something they may not have thought of before.

Focus: Not so formal Formal Wear

4mRgHGU.jpg

@Netzspannung I'm so sorry to bother you again! I'm looking for outfit four on the top row. I clicked off formal and I can't find it anywhere. :(
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    This post is for players who are either not that experienced with CAS or don't feel like experimenting. The items below are not categorized as formal wear in CAS. Except the tuxedo jacket, which is not categorized as female. This means you won't see the items when you're in formal wear unless you remove the tag in the little submenu. But I hope even the CAS experts see something they may not have thought of before.

Focus: Not so formal Formal Wear

4mRgHGU.jpg

@Netzspannung I'm so sorry to bother you again! I'm looking for outfit four on the top row. I clicked off formal and I can't find it anywhere. :(

That dress is from City Living. Unfortunately, I can't go into the game right now, but CL doesn't have that many short dress options so hopefully you'll find it now.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung Found it thank you!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I just learned/found your thread and LOVING it so much! I had to have it bookmarked now. Wanted to just say all these CAS choices you put together is amazing~!
    @fiercephoenix91 Same! So happy to have found this thread. <3
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    Here's an idea for pride month- how about outfits themed around different pride flags? (I personally would love to see an ace flag outfit)
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Here's an idea for pride month- how about outfits themed around different pride flags? (I personally would love to see an ace flag outfit)

Ditto.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    @MageKnightEmolga @BookBear I'll look into that, thanks for the suggestion!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    No problem! Excited to see what you come up with :)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ooh, blu is getting a new career? i was considering changing one or two of my stylists over, as well, but was totally set on leaving her firmly at the top of the stylist pack

been mostly away but now caught up with your updates since my last visit and, as usual, i'm going to be spending so much time in cas updating various sims either with your designs or with things inspired by them.
    that short goth set is actually quite perfect, since one household i've been stumped on is 3 goth townies (2 female, 1 male) i've wanted to update as i get around to actually playing them for the male's addition to their story (the two female sims were randomly selected to be detectives by the game and i went with it. decided the male is going to be a medium, possibly a spellcaster, that works with them and the dept to help solve more... unusual cases)

(also, i had to chuckle at the return of the gladiator sandals in a few of the looks. they work perfectly but are always the first thing i spot when you use 'em)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    ooh, blu is getting a new career?

No, I couldn't do that. She will be my top stylist forever. But she didn't mind modelling that look for me. :)
    since one household i've been stumped on is 3 goth townies (2 female, 1 male) i've wanted to update

That is indeed a lucky coincidence! And that sounds like an intruiging storyline!
    (also, i had to chuckle at the return of the gladiator sandals in a few of the looks. they work perfectly but are always the first thing i spot when you use 'em)

I am actually amazed myself that I can't seem to grow tired of those sandals. :D

And glad to see you're still coming around!

we all try ...

This pretty much gave me a headache, but here are a few outfits inspired by pride flags. At the end of the day, I still need it to be an outfit that looks good enough to actually use and the lack of accessories (without CC) somewhat limits the options. Who knows, maybe I'll come up with more - Pride month just started, after all. :)

XDs1w6i.jpg

we all try ...
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'm so grateful that I found this post. I thought I was good at making outfits but not as creative as I thought I was lol. Thank you so much for your hard work at creating these outfits, I feel more inspired now :smile: Keep up the great work!
    @Netzspannung they look great! You have no idea how happy I was to see them. :) Quick question, where can I find the purple pants on the ace outfit?
    @Netzspannung they look great! You have no idea how happy I was to see them. :) Quick question, where can I find the purple pants on the ace outfit?

Those pants came with the new GP, Dream Home Decorator. Glad you found something you liked. :)

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung Thank you so much for all these good ideas. <3 I was wondering... When I play my game I liked to divide my kids up into younger kids and preteens and dress them accordingly. Do you think you could make some outfits from the kids clothes to model a slightly older group? 10-13. Thanks again for your creative ideas.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    @Netzspannung Thank you so much for all these good ideas. <3 I was wondering... When I play my game I liked to divide my kids up into younger kids and preteens and dress them accordingly. Do you think you could make some outfits from the kids clothes to model a slightly older group? 10-13. Thanks again for your creative ideas.

I understand your request, but I don't think it can be done without CC. I imagine the children in the game to be around 8-10 years old and I don't wish to make them look more mature. In my opinion, it makes more sense to style teens younger to make up for some of the gap between the life stages. Sorry I can't help.

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung no problem. I understand. If you could do the teens younger thing that would also be great. If not no worries. :smile:
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Just caught up on this thread and as usual I am just in awe of your talent @Netzspannung. When I look at so many of the items of clothing I can't fathom how I'm going to make them work with things. I love having this thread to refer to when I'm in CAS. I've done it many times and my sims thank you for your fashion sense. :D
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Now all we need is the option to save our own custom outfits in game. I mean, that shouldn't be impossible, right?
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2021
    OMG, there is a tutorial for creating styled looks. https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-make-note-52754475
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
    edited July 2021
    I only got around to purchasing Cottage Living today and of course I jumped into CAS first. The items are mostly kept in muted and pastel tones and there are some adorable prints among them. Below some outfits mixing & matching the new items with older packs.

Focus: Cottage Living

2SQoY5c.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: SEA / Top: CoL / Skirt: JA / Shoes: CoL
    #2 Hat: CoL / Earrings: BG / Bracelet: CoL / Top: CoL / Bottom: DHD / Shoes: BY
    #3 Earrings: CoL / Top: CoL / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG (under heels)
    #4 Earrings: BG / Top: CoL / Bottom: SV / Socks: KN / Shoes: BG
    #5 Hat: Para / Earrings: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: EL
    #6 Earrings: GT / Top: ROM / Bottom: CoL / Tights: BG / Shoes: Para
    #7 Earrings: DHD / Bracelet: GTW / Top: EL / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: BG
    #8 Hat: BG / Earrings: BG / Bracelet: SEA / Top: JA / Bottom: CoL / Boots: BG

7CkiFx8.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Top: CoL / Bottom: BG / Boots: SEA
    #2 Glasses: EL / Watch: BG / Top: CoL / Bottom: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #3 Hat: CoL / Top: CoL / Bottom: BG / Socks: BG / Shoes: VG
    #4 Watch: BG / Top: CoL / Bottom: RG / Shoes: BG
    Post edited by Netzspannung on

we all try ...
  • fairiehanafairiehana Posts: 1 New Member
    I made an account just so I could comment and bookmark this thread!! Your creations are so lovely. Do you have any of your sims/outfits uploaded on the gallery?
    fairiehana wrote: »
    I made an account just so I could comment and bookmark this thread!! Your creations are so lovely. Do you have any of your sims/outfits uploaded on the gallery?

Thank you for your kind comment, I really appreciate it. I haven't uploaded Sims with Cottage Living outfits yet, but some of my Sims are on the gallery. From my last post you can find Lisa Barton, Kala Kanani, Mallorey West and Vance Calhoun, Remy Noire and Sean Silk on my gallery. I've uploaded most of them a while ago, so their hairstyles and outfits are different. You can also just search for my gallery ID (same as my forum user name) and check if there are any Sims you like.
    Also, if anyone likes a particular Sim and has a specific style in mind, I'd be happy to upload or re-upload them with my outfits. No one has ever asked me to do that though, so I'm thinking this will not become a thing. :)

we all try ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top