Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦︎ SIM-SEQUENCE [ROUND 32 RESULT!]

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sent to TheRoseHorse
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Uh oh, I think I messed up and didn't put my 2 truths and a lie through Google translate. Completely forgot. Sorry, everyone!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Sent to Nush
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Uh oh, I think I messed up and didn't put my 2 truths and a lie through Google translate. Completely forgot. Sorry, everyone!

For what it's worth, mine came out pretty normal even after a few translations XD
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Two truths and a lie, garbled through Google translate (I got really creative with the non-Indo-European languages so as to mess it up properly) as required, sent to WhatCobblers.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Sent to Nush in the Discordtheek!
    Banner.png
    Sent to Kelvin.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Aight fellers, Caro just sent me her stuff, so y‘all can start sending me your sentences (if you still have the original, untranslated sentences, please include them as well) and pictures now :)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Since everything I sent was to Cobblers in the same conversation, I simply added you to it, and my last submission was to you directly, so I think that's everything.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    Hi @Kelvin I've tagged you into all of the things I sent. Looking forward to the results!
    Round 28 results are out now :)

https://simsequence.weebly.com/28sf.html

Thank you all again for participating. :star:
    ._.
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Hahahaha omg some of these translations are hilarious xD

Love Cobbler's sim for this description:

1. Sim had black hair, an uncomfortable performance, and an unruly beard.
    2. This card has a round face, shoulder length hair and a pearl ring.
    3. This sim is a smiling woman with beautiful straight hair, thin lips and brown eyes.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

"The tonsils were born under the white hair of the Virgin Mary, larger than the ears."

:joy:

Really enjoyed seeing the results of that, and was laughing at how my Sim with the "afro puffs" actually matched the original descriptions better than the translated ones that I saw, by chance I guess. Also enjoyed some really cool, bizarre, and very attractive-looking Sims people made. Like WhatCobblers, your work is always so full of a moment: you really captured the spirit of "Uncomfortable performance" with yours and your work has a lot of what made Frank Frazetta famous: the knack for capturing intensity of emotion coupled with movement.

Caro, that second Sim of yours, the vampire, what a Silver Fox!

And Vul, your furry Sims were a refreshing change of pace, as well as startlingly pretty.

Kelvin, you must have quite the sense of style, judging from your Sims. So much detail, and such gorgeous Sims especially considering that was...Sims3? Mine are all still putty-faced, lol.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    This round was quite something something XD Rounds that go all over the place are among my favourites XD And this round combined the two versions that cause the most of random changes. 10/10!

@Nushnushganay and yes, we need more furs in these :joy: Adding some variation into the mix XD
    Banner.png
    This round was quite something something XD Rounds that go all over the place are among my favourites XD And this round combined the two versions that cause the most of random changes. 10/10!

@Nushnushganay and yes, we need more furs in these :joy: Adding some variation into the mix XD

Where do you get the furs and animal faces, then? They are CC and not a pack, right?

xicwqMCm.jpg

Where do you get the furs and animal faces, then? They are CC and not a pack, right?

Yeah, those are actually CC
    Banner.png
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    "The tonsils were born under the white hair of the Virgin Mary, larger than the ears."

:joy:

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how the Virgin Mary came into play either :joy:
    Kelvin, you must have quite the sense of style, judging from your Sims. So much detail, and such gorgeous Sims especially considering that was...Sims3? Mine are all still putty-faced, lol.

Thanks :) I still am not good at making females sims; their faces all look a bit too defined than I intended them to be. I mostly spend time making male sims nowadays so I guess that explains my relative inexperience with female sims. Funnily though, when I first played the sims 3, it was quite the opposite but I guess now I just love creating male sims a lot more xD

A lot of CC makeups/highlights really would make sims appear more unique-looking (in my opinion anyway) when used in conjunction with custom skins.
    ._.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited May 2021
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

That's conjuring up a very strange image inside my head. :D

@Nushnushganay thank you for your comment. The uncomfortable performance bit was what stood out to me the most so really wanted to capture that. For the two sims' poses, I experimented with clicking C during their trait animations (used Clumsy for the performance one). What I've also found creates some interesting shots is making use of how objects and people disappear when zooming in too close on your sim. If you zoom in through a sim that's interacting with yours and get the camera in the right angle, the sim they are talking to disappears and it looks as though your sim is looking directly at you! It's a bit fiddly to do but can give some fun results. I also really like using Moschino Stuff's camera pose options.

I haven't come across Frank Frazetta's work before but looked him up and wow! That's actually given me inspiration for a (non-Sims related) project I'm working on so many thanks for that too. :)

This was a great round. Interesting to see how the languages changed too. Noticed with most of the run-throughs I tried that it just changed the tenses, pronouns and prefixes in translation e.g. frustrated became frustrating. Thank you @Kelvin for organising. :)
    Anyone up for another round? The theme is up for you to pick and decide (if enough people actually signed up, that is).
    ._.
    Me please :D
    Banner.png
    Wouldn't miss it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'm in
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    What if we only have sims with skin colors from the rainbow this round? :D