Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2021(Out Now))

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This may be another big patch to the base game if it's a Pre Expansion Pack Patch. This is assuming the EP comes out in the first week in July. If not then this will probably just be a small update with mainly bug fixes.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think the ep will be out in june
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CinnabunbunCinnabunbun Posts: 13 New Member
    The summer of sims said "Ride 3 waves of base game updates." Since likes/dislikes are in May, I think we have another big patch in June. Pre-expansion patch might be in July.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I hope the missing likes and dislikes (knitting, chess, reading and so on) will be patched in.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    The summer of sims said "Ride 3 waves of base game updates." Since likes/dislikes are in May, I think we have another big patch in June. Pre-expansion patch might be in July.

Probably Late June for an Early July Expansion Release.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I hope they will really fix my baby’s color......
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2021

Probably Late June for an Early July Expansion Release.

I truly don't believe the EP is coming early July :# EPs have been announced 4 weeks prior to its release (Snowy Escape and Eco Living), and I don't see them announcing it at least until late June - considering we have a GP being released tomorrow. It doesn't make sense to overshadow DHD that early on :#:#
    Not only that, but in the line-up the EP is at the bottom of the list... So, in my eyes, we still have both pride and summer events before.

I see the June patch being mid/late-June and the next one being the pre-pack patch, late-July.
    Post edited by mrkingv on
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    leannityleannity Posts: 18 Member
    I think they'll add the sectional couches to the base game in the pre-game patch.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    leannity wrote: »
    I think they'll add the sectional couches to the base game in the pre-game patch.

I thought that was supposed to be a selling point of DHD? Why would they give it up so quickly?
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    You know, now that I think about it, they said that there will be 3 waves of base game updates. They also said that the new Likes and Dislikes are only the first wave of them, right? So could that be a hint that we'll be getting 2 more sort of sections there, or am I looking into it too much?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope they will really fix my baby’s color......

I had the black babies issue in my game, but with the last update that error was gone. It seems that babies now look like they should.
    I think the ep will be out in june

Idem. I am very sure that it will. I recently dropped a info showing a picture from the live stream. The roadmap with the months May / June / June. I'm pretty sure this was a clue and not a mistake.

Edited: Found it. This is the image. This is the kind of clue they like to leave behind and seeing the latest "leaks" facts on live videos I doubt this is a coincidence.
    YYwr6sq.jpg
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Wait is says June/June...

I could have sworn it was June/July.... weird...
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

Exactly! there are 2 images. One was shared on the livestream and another was released on social media. This that I leave here is the capture of the livestream.
  • Options
    greydonn wrote: »
    You know, now that I think about it, they said that there will be 3 waves of base game updates. They also said that the new Likes and Dislikes are only the first wave of them, right? So could that be a hint that we'll be getting 2 more sort of sections there, or am I looking into it too much?

I thought we were already on the 2nd wave and the final would be in June.
  • Options

Exactly! there are 2 images. One was shared on the livestream and another was released on social media. This that I leave here is the capture of the livestream.

OOH, okay. I was a bit confused at first. So there is actually 2.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I hope in the future they could include dislikes or likes for traits. I had the idea of making a couple who hate something about the other and only married for a personal gain but you can’t dislike or like traits.
    I swear this is good for a online dating system in game. They can add they’re likes or dislikes and make online profiles. It could be something like the clubs system from GT
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I wonder when the June patch comes out. July one is for the EP
  • Options
    I still think June might add a couple of cool things to the base game but I don't think we ll get the pond tool in June. I think that will come in July.

• Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    Hopefully lots of bug fixes will come with this update especially to fix everything that's messed up with Dream Home Decorator. I'm surprised they haven't released a laundry list as it's usually been 2 weeks before the patch. I'd imagine it'll be released next week.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm hoping for more bug fixes. And perhaps a few more likes/dislikes thrown in as a bonus. I'm waiting for this last update to drop before I download any of the last few updates. I won't bother with the pre-ep update in July until I actually buy the new pack. Which totally depends on how well it performs, if the bugs are cleared up quickly, and when it goes on sale. But beyond bug fixes and more likes/dislikes, there isn't much more the teams might add to this update. I can see something unexpected showing up given all the new content we've been getting lately. But it would be really nice to see a lot of bug fixes rather than more cas and B/B stuff. Of course, getting the pond tool early would make my month. I was just thinking about how much I miss the ability to make my own ponds. I realize that isn't going to happen. But it's nice to dream. :)
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • Options
    I'm defintely hoping that we'll get some of the missing actvities added to likes/dislikes, such as paranormal/seances, reading, knitting, etc. As well as favorite movie/tv show genre. If we get favorite foods, I'd expect those to come with the July patch seeing as we're getting new recipes with the pack.

And of course bug fixes.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I"m still hoping more interactions get added to relax in bed in June. It's odd that sims can't even talk to each other in bed while relaxing. They just look into the air. They can't even watch tv together. If you try one gets off the bed and stands while watching tv. Also cuddle while watching movie from the movie sp isn't coded into relax in bed. It will come up but they won't cuddle.

I've asked the gurus and thesims on twitter about the relax in bed if it's getting updated and they're not responding so far.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I wonder if we’re getting the June laundry list this week as the June patch should release soon. Also, have they said anything about the “virtual block party” yet? Seems like it could involve in-game content and it won’t happen until after we get the June patch. “Sims Event of the Summer” should also come with the June patch if it involves any in-game content.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Nothing yet from TheSims on virtual block party or sims event of the summer but Iron Seagull also thinks we're getting a laundry list this week.
  • Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    The Laundry list was apparently released today. The staircase routing and plant bugs seem to be top concerns