Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack prices ?

Has the prices gone up for your game packs (Canada ,dream home decor price 29.99 -34 dollars with tax ) I remember I was paying around 25 dollars for a game pack ?

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2021
    i want to know the same thing, I went to order the Game pack, but the game can not decide If it is 19.99 US or 39.98 US, so which is it?
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    i want to know the same thing, I went to order the Game pack, but the game can not decide If it is 19.99 US or 39.98 US, so which is it?

@BlueBlack007 it should be 19.99 US.
    edited June 2021
    Starfree wrote: »

@BlueBlack007 it should be 19.99 US.

When I click the button to Checkout, it then tells Me I am going to pay 39.98 plus tax, so they really need to fix that, I guess I will have to wait to get that game pack then :( .
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    What the heck?

I understand why Journey to Batuu is more expensive (SW licensing & stuff)

But why is this pack 5$ more than the others?

The cost of Game Packs has not gone up in Canada; it's just that Dream Home is $5 more for some reason.

Not gonna buy this pack at this price.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    It's still £17.99 in the UK as the rest are.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It's the same price here in Sweden as well.

Did you check if Origin is suggesting adding another pack to your cart like a bundle? Apparently that is a thing and that will add to the price. If so you can remove the suggested pack. Seems like some people had this and didn't notice and accidentally bought an extra pack they didn't want.
  • babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    It's the same price here in Sweden as well.

Did you check if Origin is suggesting adding another pack to your cart like a bundle? Apparently that is a thing and that will add to the price. If so you can remove the suggested pack. Seems like some people had this and didn't notice and accidentally bought an extra pack they didn't want.

The price has gone up for that pack is 5 dollars more IDK why
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    It says 29.99 (CAD) for me. I'm not paying that.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Nz is still $29.99 as its been for a while now. That is tax included though ;)
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    For me all the packs are listed as......

..... $23.39 (CAD) for all GPs except Journey to Batuu.
    ..... $26.99 (CAD) for Journey to Batuu
    ..... $29.99 (CAD) for Dream Home Decorator

When you factor in taxes that makes it a bigger jump in price.

$23.39 + tax = $26.90 (CAD)
    $29.99 + tax = $34.49 (CAD)

That's a difference of $7.59 (CAD)
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    It says 29.99 (CAD) for me. I'm not paying that.

Ya'll should buy on sales anyway. I have the USD price of $19.99 and I'm still not paying that lol. I don't have a desire to play the packs right away though either.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It will go up outside of America first, just like it did before. Most Americans will tell us not to complain because it's not happening to them. Then in six months when all their prices rise they'll be "HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!"

EA doesn't seem to get that we're not walking wallets. Lots of games do good-sized expansions for less.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    The first time I tried to buy the game pack through the game itself, maybe that is why it went whacko, I went back and Tried to buy it through Origin instead, & it is showing the right price now of 19.99 US, so I got it finally, I would wait for a sale, but those take to long in between & I rather see them now not months from now but that is just Me I guess, :)
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Dang! Canadian players need to set up a GoFundMe for this pack. I feel like raising the price that much should be given an explanation! I can't imagine paying well over $30 for a game pack.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I feel so bad for the Canadian players, why would they up the price for you guys? That's absolute trash.
    funny-gifs20.gif