Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clean Hood Templates and Vacations

Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
I recently downloaded the clean hood templates from meetme2theriver.
In each hood, the game claims that each of the premade vacation destinations have been associated with the hood... except they haven’t. I have no option to book a vacation in them, and I can’t get into them from the main hood screen.
I can always build my own custom vacation destinations but I don’t think I have the patience! I’ll probably have to go on Mod The Sims and download lots from there...

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    By can’t get into them from the main hood screen, I mean that they don’t appear to have been added at all.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)
    Okay, so you changed out all the BV sub-hoods game files for the clean ones and now they don't show but say they do?

Can you put them back and see if they work?
    Hang on... I just checked meetme2theriver’s page and I don’t even think the vacation destinations are there! There’s a Bon Voyage stealth hood (Exotic Destinations) that gives the Traveller family in the family bin, but no actual vacation destinations. How odd.
    I’ll check my backup folder.
    OK, I worked out what must’ve happened. Everything appears to be working fine now!!
    Wonderful! What happened? :mrgreen:
    I moved the vacation sub hoods to my backup folder, and must’ve expected there to be clean versions. I put the clean Exotic Destinations stealth hood into the neighbourhood templates folder, and totally forgot about the vacation subhoods! Of course they wouldn’t show up in the game if they weren’t in the game folder in Program Files (x86) to start with! I moved the vacation subhoods back into the neighbourhood templates folder, and surprise surprise they show up now.
    Good Sleuthing! :cookie: :
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I've used those hoods. Enjoy!
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I love the clean templates! I use them for my uberhood
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464