Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

townie having too many babies!!

one of our family townie had 7 babies within 3 days! but they don’t even live with her they live w the dad, ! she wasn’t pregant , it’s happened too fast ,didnt get the stories so it must be a glitch!! something to do w story progression !!
what do i do?
also thought maybe it’s just a glitch in the family teee but then i visited the dad and there were 7 babies on the floor screaming !!
tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!

Comments

• Siiiiiiiiiimss3Siiiiiiiiiimss3 Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2021
    Oh ky god i just realised it’s the dad having the babies , SEEMS TO BE HAVING THEM repetitively !!!!!!! (he was in labour when we visited) how do i fix this
    LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!
    basically he was stuck in labour and just popping out babies each time .
    i ended up force killing him and all children except one .. :/
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2021
    The infinite birthing loop bug is a pretty well-known one in TS3. It has nothing to do with StoryProgression, the modded version or otherwise. The only solution I know of is to have an NRaas mod that we are not allowed to discuss here in place, as that stops the bug cold. It's one that begins with "W," but if you require more information I'm afraid you would have to bring the discussion to us at NRaas.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    one of our family townie had 7 babies within 3 days! but they don’t even live with her they live w the dad, ! she wasn’t pregant , it’s happened too fast ,didnt get the stories so it must be a glitch!! something to do w story progression !!
    what do i do?
    also thought maybe it’s just a glitch in the family teee but then i visited the dad and there were 7 babies on the floor screaming !!

I remember this bug. Yes babies popping up everywhere. Stiles McGraw (loner) when I moved him into his own place. Thornton Wolff (dislikes children) when I spilt him from Morgana etc. 😩😩😩. Every few days they’d have a baby when looking through the houses via Edit Town. 😫😩😫. I had to check every play.

Haven’t had it in a while since the last Sims 3 update a couple of years back.

I always pick a townie each save and place in my Sim bin, then they’re there to ‘pick up’ each new baby via manage households then I delete them all. I imagine my Sim calling them for help. Then redo when required.

I know in Sims 2 you couldn’t just delete Sims that were played due to the memory system but I never had a problem in Sims 3. Although I never keep my towns long. I don’t know if my way would work for you. Always back up your saves.

NRaas would be good as well. 😎

Now it’s checking cars. Unplayed Sims keep getting cars so I’m switching households more often to delete cars given. Also taking them out around town and reducing car park spaces. 😣

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    @ncisGibbs02 - The infinite birth loop glitch doesn't cause sims to have a baby every three sim days -- that would be the game pushing pregnancies too aggressively. The glitch in question here causes a sim to have 47 babies (or some absurd number like that) out of one pregnancy because the birthing process on that one pregnancy keeps re-looping. Usually the game crashes or the player gets too annoyed and quits without saving before things get up to the hundreds though. :)

The last meaningful TS3 update/patch was in Jan 2014.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    igazor wrote: »
    @ncisGibbs02 - The infinite birth loop glitch doesn't cause sims to have a baby every three sim days -- that would be the game pushing pregnancies too aggressively. The glitch in question here causes a sim to have 47 babies (or some absurd number like that) out of one pregnancy because the birthing process on that one pregnancy keeps re-looping. Usually the game crashes or the player gets too annoyed and quits without saving before things get up to the hundreds though. :)

The last meaningful TS3 update/patch was in Jan 2014.

Sorry I just realised I wasn’t clear. I got a new computer a couple of years ago.

I did not update my Sims 3 game on my old computer with new patches for some time as I liked the game I had and didn’t want to risk disrupting it.

That happened on my new computer which was when I downloaded Sims 3 from Origin, previously I had the discs. The patch that allowed you to select packs was the latest.

This sounds like a different baby bug. I never had 47 babies. 😱. Wow. Only one or two spread out, always to Sims that didn’t want families. 😭

Apologies for any confusion.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    The game tends to become unplayable when households overstuff themselves with dozens of babies anyway. It's not just unrealistic, it ruins the game's performance when this happens.

Patch 1.69 is the Origin patch and it was first released in late 2015, then there was a redo in early 2016. This patch only ties the game to Origin and changes the way in which it starts up (yes, including the Launcher option of disabling/enabling packs). It did not change the game files themselves at all other than modify their internal build numbers, the last patch to do anything related to actual gameplay was the post-ITF one, Patch 1.66 released in January 2014. It was closely followed by 1.67 in that same month, which changed one almost trivial thing related to servers on the EA side.

Patch 1.69 remains the current patch level for Origin-controlled games on Windows, with 1.67 being current for retail disc installs with no Origin involvement, those of us on Steam installs, and the 32-bit Mac version of the game. It's all still the same game files, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2021
    ok please help i downloaded that W mod after doing some research but i’m still finding lots of males who r stuck in labour!! it seems to be onl happening to males , i don’t have any male maternity clothes as welll
    can i turn off male pregnancy all together ?
    W mod seems to not be helping unless i have to do something ?
    @igazor
    edited June 2021
    Male maternity clothes: https://modthesims.info/d/370508/male-pregnancy-morphs-v3-12-21-2012-seasons-compatible.html
    Without these or a suitable alternative, pregnant males (not by way of aliens) will be missing their midsections for much of the pregnancy.

On the W mod, I'm going to have to again ask that you please bring the issue to us at NRaas. We are not permitted to discuss that mod on this forum, it's EA's rules.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2021
    @igazor i did so in the W section
    (username is sims333)
    thank you