Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Can anyone please point me a thread for doubts about building? I've searched here in the forum but can't find...

Maybe start your own thread in the Creative forum. I'm sure you'd get lots of help and suggestions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery

Thank you. I think i'll do that :)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I’ve been working on my Oasis Springs renovation. Last night, I went and gave Johnny a makeover, but still tried to keep him with the style I felt was very him. And no facial or body structure changes either. I did give him some small tattoos. Johnny is actually my favorite premade in OS, even before the makeover and now I simply adore him. 😌

One of the things I really want to do is renovate and remake the community lots so they can be places Sims go to practice skills and hobbies, so that they don’t need to own a ton of objects for it. Since Johnny is into comedy, I went to the Rattlesnake Juice (?) bar and built a stage for Sims who want to practice comedy and I gave the lot the Convivial trait to add a comedy skill boost. Johnny went to try the stage out and I kinda love how it works out. I need to renovate the rest of the bar though.

I originally was going to build a wildlife research center in OS, but now I’m wondering if I should build it in the next town over, StrangerVille because I want SV to be the town that Sims work or live in if they’re some sort of scientist, in the same way an actor might want to live in DSV. So I want a wildlife research center (might have to split it into two lots —one for the study of plants and one for the study of animals), a rocket science/aerospace center, an engineering/robotics center, something for programming and basic logic). I was thinking of building them up on the plateau where the Victorian homes currently are.

Oof I have so many ideas.
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    @NationalPokedex Well now you have given me a lot of ideas! Time to drown myself in hours of building instead of responsibilities again...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Thank goodness UI Cheats is updated.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,899 Member
    edited May 2021
    My Sims 4 collection is building. I started off with just the base and Cats and Dogs, now I have

Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Spooky Stuff, My First Pet, Toddler Stuff, and Laundry Day. Most of those were purchased through a bundle or on sale and not separate by themselves.

I do want Cool Kitchen and Backyard stuff but I told myself I need to slow down.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    @Fairy_Happy

I was deep in university during most of TS4’s early years, and so when I started buying packs there were so many out, so I did lots of bundles and caught everything I have on sale. I haven’t bought any pack that’s come out after Tiny Living though. I have a lot of exploring to do so I understand the need to slow down.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Is anyone else having problems with the Sim's profiles glitching since the patch? I noticed it before I turned my mods on, so it's not mod related. I checked Answers HQ and didn't see any report so I filed one, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It seems learning another sim's like/dislike causes the profile window to stop opening.
    I'm in game and just checked it. Had one sim ask about another sim's favorite color and then opened both sim profiles. No issues. They are sisters in the same household so not sure if that makes a difference.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm in game and just checked it. Had one sim ask about another sim's favorite color and then opened both sim profiles. No issues. They are sisters in the same household so not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks for checking. It seems there was another report about the issue with several others confirming they too have experienced it. Apparently you must learn a like/dislike from another sim outside your household that you've already assigned likes/dislikes, but there must be other factors involved too, otherwise I think more people would be reporting the issue.
    How in the world could you ever find something? 😱

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Why for the love of all things sim do my teens and kids not stop asking for advice. I made an orphanage with a haunted basement but filled it with all kinds of fun activities for the kids. I turned on autonomy and one by one the kids are ignoring all the toys trailing up to the third floor.
    I'm like what's happening?!! They lined up one by one in front of the adult on the third floor to ask for advice😑
    And this is something I have been annoyed with for years everytime autonomy is on.

Oh the endless questions. It drives me crazy. I like to play big families and it's none stop and it's always the same few questions. I get that the questions are there for a reason but I honestly really wish they would just tone them down.
    So you are asking for nerfing stuff :)

I just find it kind of funny that people are so against nerfing, but then want to "tone down" AKA nerf :)

Or maybe my best decision was not to buy the parenthood GP :)

I said I wish for it to be toned down because personally for me I do. Nowhere did I ever ask for this feature to be nerfed. Stop jumping to assumptions. If you enjoy reading the same five questions over and over on a daily sims basis that’s good for you. I personally don’t find it that fun. Maybe an alternative is they could add in a whole bunch more questions so it isn’t quite as repetitive or better still give us an option to turn it off.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Can you buy all Sims 4 dlc on disc(not on origin)?
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    candyboot wrote: »

Can you even buy any of it on disc? Pressing discs is a very expensive operation. I'm kinda surprised that any software company still does it, but I do see them now and again in stores - or did the last time I was in one before the pandemic.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    candyboot wrote: »

Can you even buy any of it on disc? Pressing discs is a very expensive operation. I'm kinda surprised that any software company still does it, but I do see them now and again in stores - or did the last time I was in one before the pandemic.

Yeah, I know that you can buy sims 4 basegame on disc(because I bought it on disc)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Is anyone else having problems with the Sim's profiles glitching since the patch? I noticed it before I turned my mods on, so it's not mod related. I checked Answers HQ and didn't see any report so I filed one, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? It seems learning another sim's like/dislike causes the profile window to stop opening.

I'm having this same problem. I've tested it with and without mods. I even regenerated a new Sims 4 folder. If you can link to the bug report, I'll hit Me Too as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Today I had my build mode & save options greyed out because apparently a sim was dying. Is there a way to find out who died? I didn’t get a notification and couldn’t see it happening anywhere.

(It was during a heatwave in San Myshuno)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Anyone has toilet on fire bug back?

QfOqUhK.png
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »

QfOqUhK.png

If your toilet is upgraded with composting container, it's not a bug and you have to use that compost (you need an insect farm, I believe).
    If not... Then I guess the bug is back :|
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Wolfium wrote: »

QfOqUhK.png

If your toilet is upgraded with composting container, it's not a bug and you have to use that compost (you need an insect farm, I believe).
    If not... Then I guess the bug is back :|

I didn't know that, handy sim insta upgraded it. I never used insect farm because I can't collect anything from it.
    Sims don't have to live in Del Sol Valley to be actors correct? I want to move my Sim family (one of who is an actress) from Del Sol Valley to San Myshuno but I don't want it to affect her acting career.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh I didn't know this thread existed - maybe I can just ask my question here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990564/question-about-likes-and-dislikes#latest
    Sims don't have to live in Del Sol Valley to be actors correct? I want to move my Sim family (one of who is an actress) from Del Sol Valley to San Myshuno but I don't want it to affect her acting career.

No they don't, they can live wherever :)
    Okay, awesome. thanks for answering. They need a change of scenery.
    Np, enjoy! My actors usually live in Sulani 😁
    I would also let them live in Sulani but I want to explore that world with a new family instead one I already have. I'm weird that way. XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top