Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bugs all over the place in DrGluons stream today.

That is kinda sad because you can tell that he started to have fun with this pack but when bugs started to happen and he noticed that the rules barely mattered you can tell that his enthusiasm for the pack got lower.

He is playing a klepto sim that steals items from his clients and the game does absolutely nothing to prevent it, in fact, you can delete furniture with items on them (like a computer) and those items will go to your inventory, not the clients inventory.

He made the silliest renovations, deleting everything and placing gnomes and all sorts of weird stuff and the clients loved it because they barely care as long as you follow their likes/dislikes.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Uff how disapointing! I was so thrilled with this pack because of the career... i know we can build and renovate and there's nothing new, but i was looking for the challenge that would come with the rules...
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    Even with the all the bugs, it is on to the next pack. so sad, so so sad. :( All that was complaining about how bugged Sims 3 it shows for me that most problems can be attributed to the creator of this game. For an game that that was stripped of features that tampered with the performance that was in Sims 3 would supposely not be present in Sims 4 is false. Poor planning rules the day and glad I stopped paying for it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Carl's review is ... not friendly.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's known fact that the custom content and mod community do a better job then EA. Bugs shouldn't be surprise to anyone do to no testing. Buy at your own risk.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    eeDAqpv.png

I'm checking out CAS at the moment, most of it is pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. I love the design of these heels though, but why on earth do they look so deformed and weird? Resizing the feet don't help either, in fact, I think it looks worse.

Seriously devs, please fix this in the next upcoming patch, because these heels look awful in this state.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    It seems that EA/ Maxis can't help but release buggy, unplayable packs.
    Just look at Bust the Dust. It was $5, but was released broken. Eco Lifestyle was $40 and released broken.

Now, here we are again. Dream Home Decorator, BROKEN.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for Maxis. EA obviously won't spare a few dollars so they can at least test their packs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    eeDAqpv.png

I'm checking out CAS at the moment, most of it is pretty underwhelming if I'm honest. I love the design of these heels though, but why on earth do they look so deformed and weird? Resizing the feet don't help either, in fact, I think it looks worse.

Seriously devs, please fix this in the next upcoming patch, because these heels look awful in this state.

I think those shoes would have looked lovely with a normal barrette, without the thing between the toes. And maybe a slightly lower heel.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Carl's review is ... not friendly.
    Just saw it... I don't think I'll be getting this pack anytime soon. Barely any gameplay and even that doesn't work right.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I was excited for the New Decoration Game Pack until I saw the messed up Price they can not decide on, when I first look at it the price say's 19.99 US, but then when I click on the checkout button I get a page that say's I am going to pay 39.98 US plus Tax, I am so not happy bout this cause I am not paying overprice for this pack, nope.:(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I was excited for the New Decoration Game Pack until I saw the messed up Price they can not decide on, when I first look at it the price say's 19.99 US, but then when I click on the checkout button I get a page that say's I am going to pay 39.98 US plus Tax, I am so not happy bout this cause I am not paying overprice for this pack, nope.:(

That is problably because ea now uses a method in which it adds another suggestes pack to your cart and asks you if you also want to get it. If you unselect it or answer no, then you can buy only the pack you wanted to buy. I heard here in the forums that someone ended up buying a pack (s)he wasn't interested because of this selling technic...
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Grimcookies has a very honest review of both gameplay and cas. What he says is exactly how I feel about the pack on all aspects. He’s not a game changer I expect this from as he’s usually positive about packs so his review was a surprise to me.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2021
    I knew likes and dislikes would get messy with the gigs. The game barely keeps track of any info regarding townies, always assigning them random jobs depending on where you go. The game doesn't work right and the 7 year told is showing.

After watching a couple of reviews I am glad I wasn't too bothered to purchase this and didn't rush to buy it. 20€ for a couple of modular couches, a few CAS assets, no chat while lounging, modular shelving and open closets that aren't even animated is a joke. I also saw some of the new animations related to the clients of the decorators and they are absolutely janky and snappy. They look like they were made by a modder lmao
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Actually thinking about it, some other options they could’ve added would be the ability to make your own swatches for furniture etc. Plus thirft shops, doing up old/broken furniture and haggling prices and partial payment if the client wasn’t overjoyed by the makeover but okay about it. I don’t understand not getting paid at all.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I jumped into an existing save, as I wanted to add new Sims in San Myshuno and I'm already experiencing issues that were not there before I installed the pack.

I usually get a little bit of simulation lag whenever I use apartments, but other than that I rarely ever experience it. I decided to buy and renovate The Old Salt House instead so that I wouldn't have to deal with the lag, but now it seems I can't skip time when sleeping or at work. I can still select ultra speed but just doesn't skip the night or work day. Sims also don't show up when I invite them round either.

My existing save was working perfectly fine until this pack came along. It's a good job I didn't overwrite the original save, as I backed out of the game and reloaded it to see if that would fix things, which it didn't. So overall, about 3 hours of progress completely wasted, and I ended up deleting the broken save. I only have a few mods right now (no scripts) so I hardly think my grey CAS background and render CAS lighting is going to be the problem here.

I'm usually one of the lucky ones who often has a smooth sailing experience, even if the pack has just launched. I suppose my luck has run out now. It's bad enough that Dream Home Decorator is just a glorified stuff pack, but the lack of quality control is even worse. This should not be breaking existing saves. I still love the build and buy content, and know I'll get plenty of use out of it, but that's really as good as it gets for me.

The career is a dud. It's uninspiring, and I won't be bothering with it because there's no option to have renovations not save when completed. And besides, I'm pretty sure I've learned everything there is to know about the career after the livestream they did. Eat, sleep, repeat.
    The CAS content is okay, but as many others have already said, it's getting boring seeing similar styles rehashed pack after pack.

Yeah... I'm hardly surprised at the backlash to be honest. I tried to be positive at the start, but boy was this pack a whole serving of disappointment.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Anyone know why it's $30 CAD instead of $26 CAD...?

And no it's not the exchange rate I already checked.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Because they're probably planning to raise prices everywhere. Seeing how much people will pay again.

It is not a bad pack.

It is a bad price.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

That is problably because ea now uses a method in which it adds another suggestes pack to your cart and asks you if you also want to get it. If you unselect it or answer no, then you can buy only the pack you wanted to buy. I heard here in the forums that someone ended up buying a pack (s)he wasn't interested because of this selling technic...

I did not get no such offer at the checkout, But I canceled that one and went into Origin instead of the game itself, and I got the right price that way, thanks for the info just the same, :)
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I was not surprised by how this pack turned out. It was clear it was just going to be an over priced stuff pack. But even they clearly didn't go all in with the decoration because you'd think since it's a game pack they would items for the exterior as well. I find it very hard to believe that the budget for the items, the career and dislike system drove this pack to be $20. As usual they took stuff that already existed and tweaked it slightly and called it a day. If they came out and said that they were just going to focus on build buy I can't say I would be mad or surprised. They game is beautiful to look at but it sometimes fails to mimic the most basic interactions of life through gameplay.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    edited June 2021
    my sim can't get a good job and she does not get paid if they don't like what my sim did.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I honestly cannot believe they're selling THIS for $20. Other than the modular objects, what else is there to the pack?

A few new animations (like 4 in total), a basic UI, a reskinned gig system from Get Famous... What else?

If it had a 5-10 lot world, it would make up for the lack of gameplay, but THIS? It's just sad at this point. I can't believe some people will actually pay $20 for almost NOTHING new, other than some modular BB objects and a super buggy career.

This is a new low, in my opinion. After selling GPs with an EP price tag (Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, etc), now they're selling SPs with a GP price tag. It's just unbelievable.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    It's really buggy. I bought it (I'm a sucker for something new and shiny) and after just 2 gigs, my gig menu is now completely empty. IT doesn't show me any other gig. My sim is only on level 2 of the interior designer career so there's no way she's maxed out.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    To tell you the truth, I had more fun just playing around with the new Buy Mode items than I did with the new career. I spent maybe 2 hours renovating my Sim’s house and using the new kitchen items, sectionals, and bunk beds.

Then I went in to play the new career and it was kinda boring. You have to chat with the clients before the gig, then take pics, then decide which room you wanna reno (because the client doesn’t specify), then take more pics, then invite the client back, then chat with them asking random friendly/funny/whatever interaction to complete the task, then click on 5 items to show them, then wait for multiple household members to finish looking around before you can FINALLY complete the gig!

It was absolutely absurd and not fun at all! Even halfway through renovating I just got bored of it and threw a sectional in the bedroom before calling it done. It felt like nothing much mattered. I didn’t enjoy this part.

I haven’t checked out CAS yet.