Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    @KitelDesigns they're the cheapest basegame cupboards! I should know, i know them and I only have basegame :)
    Yup, that’s the one! It’s the only swatch from that kitchen set that I like. :D
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    @KitelDesigns they're the cheapest basegame cupboards! I should know, i know them and I only have basegame :)
    Yup, that’s the one! It’s the only swatch from that kitchen set that I like. :D

Same, actually. It just looks nicer than the rest.
    image.png
  • Options
    LadyPepperLadyPepper Posts: 3 New Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #149 – The Hawthorne Project

FORUM ID: LadyPepper
    ORIGIN ID: LadyPepper3
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Streamlet single

NEW LOT LINK - https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/09F44E82BBC311EB8991FC20F490ED8C?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BNS%20challenge%20149&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: 1,506
    GALLERY COST: 18,470
    TOTAL COST: 19,976

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Xmmx7b5

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    CHALLENGE #149 - The Hawthorne Project XII
    FORUM ID: becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    LEVEL: established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Agave Abode in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Simple Starter BnS149
    LOT COST: $1,500
    GALLERY COST: $17, 846
    TOTAL COST: $19, 346
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is just a simple desert shack style starter home. I used the corrugated iron wallpaper which gives it a very Australian flavour. The lot is a mix of indistrial/ modern and rustic. The wall finishes are those from the cosmic clean room and the bathroom has similar fixtures and fittings. The cosmic clean room also inspired touches such as the rug in the living room area. The required items easel, musical instrument, bookcase, computer and garden are included.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:yes please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    WBMHpQ5.png
    wqdHcZD.png
  • Options
    ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Crick Cabana
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4662B92DBF4211EB8FD9BF0D07DD8127
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 18,487
    TOTAL COST: 19,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4StG3MG
    ENTRY DETAILS: I saw a very cute trailer house by CozyBuilds and was inspired to build a trailer home for Elspeth. The stairs in the back even fold up so that Elspeth can travel with the house if she wants to! After building the trailer, I had only placed 24 tiles and the house seemed like a good size, so I decided to make a little 8-tile mini schoolhouse for Elspeth to teach from, which would allow me to keep the lot at 32 tiles for the extra micro home bonuses. The house itself was designed to look like a barn on the outside with solar panels to keep Elspeth's electricity bills down. To help save money, the kitchen appliances are used and most of the furniture is from thrift stores, but Elspeth found some pretty cool stuff and the savings left her with enough money to buy a washer and dryer. The bathroom is a miniaturized version of the blue cosmic clean bathroom that Elspeth liked so much, with a small piece of the large plant in a wall mounted vase and some added towels and storage. Most of the walls in the house are also the white "pretty in plastic" from the cosmic clean bathroom, with the exception of one wall in the living space being red wallpaper to help the house feel more fun. The house is fully playtested and 100% functional, though the outdoor trash can is a trash chute hidden inside of a debug trash bin. The schoolhouse was designed to look like an old one-room schoolhouse, with the chalkboard and easel placed strategically so that they will be visible from Elspeth's webcam. Since the house is so small, I built Elspeth a large beautiful garden that is meant to feel a bit like a walk through the woods, especially towards the back of the lot. She has a planter box and pots for vegetables, and outdoor chess table, a picnic table for eating outside, and string lights so she can even use the garden at night.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader
  • Options
    LadyPepper wrote: »
    CHALLENGE #149 – The Hawthorne Project

FORUM ID: LadyPepper
    ORIGIN ID: LadyPepper3
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Streamlet single

NEW LOT LINK - https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/09F44E82BBC311EB8991FC20F490ED8C?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BNS%20challenge%20149&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: 1,506
    GALLERY COST: 18,470
    TOTAL COST: 19,976

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Xmmx7b5

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

Links for you. :)
  • Options
    FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Crick Cabana
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4662B92DBF4211EB8FD9BF0D07DD8127
    LOT COST: 1,500
    GALLERY COST: 18,487
    TOTAL COST: 19,987
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/4StG3MG
    ENTRY DETAILS: I saw a very cute trailer house by CozyBuilds and was inspired to build a trailer home for Elspeth. The stairs in the back even fold up so that Elspeth can travel with the house if she wants to! After building the trailer, I had only placed 24 tiles and the house seemed like a good size, so I decided to make a little 8-tile mini schoolhouse for Elspeth to teach from, which would allow me to keep the lot at 32 tiles for the extra micro home bonuses. The house itself was designed to look like a barn on the outside with solar panels to keep Elspeth's electricity bills down. To help save money, the kitchen appliances are used and most of the furniture is from thrift stores, but Elspeth found some pretty cool stuff and the savings left her with enough money to buy a washer and dryer. The bathroom is a miniaturized version of the blue cosmic clean bathroom that Elspeth liked so much, with a small piece of the large plant in a wall mounted vase and some added towels and storage. Most of the walls in the house are also the white "pretty in plastic" from the cosmic clean bathroom, with the exception of one wall in the living space being red wallpaper to help the house feel more fun. The house is fully playtested and 100% functional, though the outdoor trash can is a trash chute hidden inside of a debug trash bin. The schoolhouse was designed to look like an old one-room schoolhouse, with the chalkboard and easel placed strategically so that they will be visible from Elspeth's webcam. Since the house is so small, I built Elspeth a large beautiful garden that is meant to feel a bit like a walk through the woods, especially towards the back of the lot. She has a planter box and pots for vegetables, and outdoor chess table, a picnic table for eating outside, and string lights so she can even use the garden at night.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader

And links for you!
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    CHALLENGE #149 - The Hawthorne Project XII
    FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Canal Corner
    NEW LOT LINK: Aubergine Divine
    LOT COST: $750.00
    GALLERY COST: $19,174
    TOTAL COST: $19,924.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qbmiPyd
    ENTRY DETAILS: I made a house in two levels with normal stairs. Inside I combined black with light wood colors and used blue as highlight color. Dark brick walls with light wood floors to give it an industrial feel. I could have placed the chess table and the easel in the backyard but I preferred to place them in two fakes balconies because they are covered by the roof. More in the slideshow descriptions.
    As funny note I will tell that when I was making it the name of my preferred lipstick came to my mind, so I called it the same :mrgreen:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DRaRGSa.png

@BuildnShare please, next time post the challenge hashtag to copy and paste. Thank you.
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    CHALLENGE BnS #149 –The Hawthorne Project
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2A5BCDC4C23311EB8D34FC20F490ED8C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 19382
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/WahgRZS
    This is a fun little house just perfect for someone starting out. It is built on a 20 x 15 lost in Newcrest. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bath, a study area, bookcase, TV area. An eat in kitchen with the necessary coffee pot. Outside it is beautifully landscaped with an area to play chess or paint, Your bike is also stored out back and there is a small BBQ area to have fun and hang out with friends.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS149 The Hawthorne Project XII is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Elspeth would be proud to call each of the homes that you've made for her home. You've absolutely spoiled her with beautiful and really interesting options! I've enjoyed all the slide shows.
  • Options
    Ll71I0W.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BnS Hawthorne Project Phase XIII is now open until September 30th
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Hope I find time to build this month.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    BAJfU6A.jpg

"Do you remember that house we worked on a few years ago? The one you always wished you could redo” Karl asks, bursting into your office.
    “There are several of those…” You reply, wondering why Karl has brought this up now.
    “The one we spent so much on the windows for that we didn’t have enough to finish the landscaping,” Karl prompts.
    “Oh, I remember now, the one with the mismatched railings and columns because the paint wasn’t mixed right-”
    “Yes! The one we were in such a hurry to finish we forgot some small Hmmmdetails, like pictures. I never could remember if we actually finished the roof trim.”
    You wince a little at the memory, thinking about how far you’ve come since then. You’ve learned a lot over the years. “So what brought on this trip down memory lane?”
    “Turns out the owners plan to sell, but first they want us to come back and finish the job. We can remodel and update as well.”
    You give him a disbelieving look. “I never thought I’d get the chance. Of course we’ll do it!”

The brief:
    Budget; The budget is the same as it was for the original challenge you entered your chosen build in.
    Pick your worst or least favorite build you submitted for any BNS challenge and rebuild it.
    The house should still be recognizable as the original in some way.
    The change can be as simple as new windows and doors or as thorough as an additional porch, new furniture, a new interior layout, and changes to wall and flooring choices.
    Show off any new skills you’ve picked up if you want. You may add new Build/buyfeatures or items from new packs.
    Remember to landscape.
    If you remember them or can find them, use the judges’ suggestions from the original challenge to inform at least some of your changes.
    Include a link to your original slideshow in your entry form - make sure to let us know what you changed.

Newbies: Don’t worry, you’re not being left out! To participate in this challenge, you have some options:
    1. Choose a build you already have uploaded to the gallery. Show us before and after shots in the same slideshow if you didn’t have one before.
    2. Ask one of us for a build you can work on.
    3. Choose an existing EA build to remodel. Previous challenges of this time have featured the Goth and Caliente houses if you want to use one of those.
    Your budget is an additional 25,000 over the original lot's gallery price.

Room challenge: Choose your least favorite or worst room to remodel. It doesn’t have to be from the same build as your build entry.
    Note for newbies: you have the same three choices as above.

Sim Challenge; Pick a badly dressed townie or several and give them a makeover. Be sure to show us before and after outfits.

Remember to include the entirety of the hashtag #BnS150 or your entry will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday, June 30th, no later than 23:59:59 New York Time/EDT.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    I've got my rehabilitation candidate, Luv Shak needs some love
    XrVYtcC.png
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Oh, @JojoMOMSTER I remember liking that one!
    I plan on redoing this little gem :s It should be fun, now that we have Eco living
    aSw0ACN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Can't wait to see it @AlJay ! I think the one you chose was before live edit objects, so many possibilities.
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Question: What if you don't have a build and share that is your least favorite? I like all of mine, as they are all unique and different?
  • Options
    Question: What if you don't have a build and share that is your least favorite? I like all of mine, as they are all unique and different?

So there isn't one you think could be improved on or way you had done something different with? Nothing that found d be updated with configurable stairs or freely place able windows and doors? You're very lucky. Well you can Reno an EA build. Just remember you don't have to join every challenge. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »

So there isn't one you think could be improved on or way you had done something different with? Nothing that found d be updated with configurable stairs or freely place able windows and doors? You're very lucky. Well you can Reno an EA build. Just remember you don't have to join every challenge. :)

I did find i want to redo, but Can't find it on the gallery to download to redo (the computer i originally did it on died, so not saved locally anymore either). it was my BNS 121 build, is there a way to find it on the gallery if i am not able to pull it up?
  • Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @KitelDesigns you used CC on that one and didn't provide a gallery link either. Is it possible you never uploaded it? If you didn't though, I don't think there is a way to get it back, however, you could reconstruct it from your own slideshow? You'd want to improve it anyway?
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    @KitelDesigns you only provided the slideshow link https://imgur.com/a/LqQSTSA but if you uploaded it maybe it's in your Gallery library?
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    masajo wrote: »
    @KitelDesigns you only provided the slideshow link https://imgur.com/a/LqQSTSA but if you uploaded it maybe it's in your Gallery library?
    '

That won't work if Kitel lost their original Tray folder.
    image.png
  • Options
    Okay, well it looks i am recreating from the original from scratch, from just the slide show, sounds like an interesting challenge
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    @KitelDesigns it doesn't pop up on the gallery when you put in the hashtag #BnS121? That's what I find is the easiest way to find anything made before January.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top