Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 right now?

What do you think of The Sims 4 right now? 264 votes

Cowabunga! LOVE this game! Here EA, take my money!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
20%
Bluegayletams2578Sara1010PGalacticGallori171957alan650111JueJueimhappyTheSpotted_CmcruddMaryVannkokoro80simgirl1010friendlysimmerscchant86MindofygreydonnMissElphebaTeeSeapapertongue 53 votes
It's okay. I have fun playing it.
41%
Akl500PCK213bshag4lvIcewolfalexspoom13IceyJaelias24WrenryAnnie2008SimpatsyannLinxMeteoraStormAuroraBorealliselanorbretonPlatinumblondemaggiemae8135Paigeisin5freindlylolIObelleIsa_Menezes 110 votes
Meh...
12%
auroraael14GoldmoldarjeepjeepcatCabelle1863sims2freak737overonrhaliussam123AnmirlaBluelleskybird14FelicityMoonfoxNightcryWinifred_Willowadele_katLoves2draw1812catmando830ChadSims2SimKeatsScobre 33 votes
My current computer can't play TS1, TS2 or even TS3. So... TS4 is my go-to choice. Better than nothing!
1%
EvvieSimmerHarukotyanfiercephoenix91 3 votes
Too many bugs, glitches and controversies for it to be enjoyable
12%
SamadamsPlayerColorist40MelisendrehaneulMagdaleenaSchantalLizziguinfruitsbasket101DarkLady2788bluelightingmotdkSailorCetiAPottsbenson2006Sigzy05AineOldeseadoggeMDianaSimsMidnightAuraThePlumbob 33 votes
I just play The Sims 4 for the awesome mods. Gotta have those mods in my game.
7%
Mstybl95YunaYautjagirlmy1helopilotKatiardguezHimRumitaydevwormofthebookbixterstexxx78MasonGamerDoodlyDoofusfilipomelmrs_starkeyBB0990BastetPhilSimsmewo13HavenRose 19 votes
Worst. Game. Ever.
1%
Goth583suetoopcandybootJennifer_ 4 votes
I don't really play The Sims 4.
2%
RsandaTrashmagicOnverserAstroDeKaySeashoreLivia 6 votes
Results, please.
0%
luthienrisingSimmingal 2 votes
No opinion.
0%
duhboy2u2 1 vote

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I feel like I’m somewhere in between “It’s okay” and “Cowabunga” lol
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I really don't think it's Cowabunga, but I like it more than okay.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Same. I'm not eager to throw my money at EA, but I do enjoy this game.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2021
    For me it is between It's okay. I have fun playing it + but only with mods. I would not be able to play the vanilla game without them for too long.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I also think it's okay and I'm having fun with it - but I'm playing an older version of the Sims 4. I think the game as it is now (with all the patches) has too many bugs and glitches, so ...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2021
    I like it but i can only play it with my dearest mods. I'ld like it better if it had less bugs and if features were more in depth, but in general i enjoy it. I play 3 too. Now that one is still my favourite.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It definitely has its problems and I am not really into the latest DLC, but I feel a lot more optimistic about the game than I have in the past. Specifically due to base game updates. I do not think anyone can seriously say the base game is worse now than at launch.

There are still plenty of ways I prefer some of the older titles, but 4 has its strengths, too, and I respect those. *shrug* At this point, I am willing to wait and see how the game eventually ends to see if I will go back to it like the others.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Same. I enjoy it a ton but I’m not uncritical of it lol.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have loved TS4 since I got it years back. Has not changed.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I did enjoy it for quite a while and I know I could enjoy it again if they fixed some of it's bigger issues but right now it has to many bugs and broken systems and I'm no longer enjoying it.

My main issues are...

Whims are broken and haven't been updated in years. They don't stay locked and this is a big frustration for me as I rely on this system to guide me through my sims lives, they also aren't relevant to the sims as an individuals, all sims get the same whims.

The emotion system is completely broken and messy yet instead of fixing it they just keep making new content around it that adds to the mess.

Then there is the clear lack of testing with every new product they bring out, it feels like we are the testers and we're being charged for the privilege also.

Bugs left unfixed for years despite many people experiencing them.

The games autonomy is a complete mess, sims constantly drop actions that are given to them. They don't sit still, always with the musical chairs and other various issues, standing still, nodding heads in silence during conversations.

The games functionality is just in a very bad place in my opinion. I wish I could be like many of the players here and just work through all this and enjoy the game but I can't, it frustrates me to no end that the game is being so neglected and treated like this.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Note quite Cowabunga, but with a few more updates and packs I've been wanting it would be! I'd say I really enjoy playing it, grade A, but not S for me on a game tier.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I like it for what it is for my playstyle, and have no desire to play and/or compare the older games. But I do need mods to enjoy it my way.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    But the game will never get better for me unless sims get more character depth. I'd prefer that to all the EPs/GPs/SPs they have released that have not interested me.

And releasing a building GP when the stairs are bugged is a major mistake.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I've been looking at various mods, and I've been seeing some that overhaul how sims act. My biggest problem with the game (aside from the obvious, closed world) is how all the sims generally act the same.
    I may try out some of the mods soon and see if they can make the game more enjoyable for me.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Meh...
    Meh... Like... I'm still playing it aha, but I'm only able to enjoy it because (even though I prefer wants/fears for day-to-day based gameplay) I usually have stories planned out so I can get away with using my imagination. But I don't like that I have to rely on my imagination for a life simulation game.

Recently I tried out TS3 (since I passed on it during its life cycle), and it's pretty great!! The sims (and world) are so much more alive than in TS4. But while playing TS3 it did make me miss certain aspects of TS4 (mostly cosmetic/quality of life stuff). So I guess playing TS3 gave me a better appreciation for TS4, which was nice.

But that doesn't mean I'm not still majorly disappointed with the current state of TS4... I started with TS1 and spent the majority of my childhood/early teenhood with TS2, so my bar of expectations is pretty high. I'm glad TS3 can at least meet my gameplay demands, even though it can be frustrating in its own ways. I find myself bouncing between TS3 and TS4 these days.

TS4 just doesn't have... really any depth to its gameplay. Everything is so surface level. This is where needing to use your imagination comes into play. Sims don't feel like little people living their own little lives, with life goals, lifetime aspirations, or fears anymore. They're just little dolls that I have to project onto to give any sort of life or personality. I was hoping the likes/dislikes system was going to be a good step in the right direction. But as usual it's basically just more flavor text, which we have enough of. It isn't even effecting autonomy. If I'm not constantly micro-managing every action my sims make, then they all just behave the same way and gravitate towards the same activities (and now with likes/dislikes they'll still gravitate towards those activities even if they hate them, and just get upset about it but won't actually avoid the activities). And even then, the emotions system is so half-baked that every sim reacts to their environment in the exact same way. There is no individuality in this game.

The sims team seems to be focusing more and more on enhancing build/buy/CAS, because it's the easiest aspect of the development for this game. Making new items/meshes is easy (especially if it's reskinned, or the animations for it are being recycled from something else). Creating new gameplay with deep, rewarding systems, with animations to match, is hard. I mean just look at the new DHD pack. All cosmetic, no new gameplay (it's just repackaged build/buy + gigs), maybe a few new animations (that weren't even too difficult to animate, as it's just a single sim reacting to their environment, like we don't already have enough of those types of animations).

I understand reusing certain animations (where it makes sense). But the team has been relying too heavily on recycling animations to the point where everything is starting to feel the same (I still can't get over the "cuddling bugs" animation in EL that was recycled from C&D, disgusting). I was playing last night and remarked to myself how good the animations from Parenthood and C&D were, and how we just don't see animations like that anymore...

It's a huge shame, but people (buyers) just don't seem to care enough about the actual simulation part of the freaking SIMS. People are happy enough to shell out 10, 20, 40$ at release for a new pack that offers scraps, and lately more bugs than gameplay, for nice looking furniture and CAS items. I'll even see comments both here and on youtube where people will realize they are part of the problem, but still buy on release!! The amount of "yeah this pack looks bad, but I'm still gonna buy it, I need to have every pack, I am part of the problem 😔" comments I see makes my head spin. Like, can't you at least wait for a sale?

This game has the potential to be SO GOOD! But the sims is run by EA. And since people keep rewarding this half-baked, lackluster gameplay by buying up every pack on release, EA sees no need to improve upon this cycle at all. They're just gonna keep trying to get away with as little effort as possible, because they're still making HUGE BANK on this series no matter how dreadful the content they're putting out is. I don't even blame the team! I'm sure they want this game to be better, especially if team members are veterans from earlier generations. But they don't control the budget, EA does. And since money is still being made, the budgets are only going to get smaller. Because that's just how EA operates. They treat all of their franchises like this. And then they bury them.

I'm so fearful for the future of this franchise. I started playing this series when I was 6 years old in freaking 2003. I've loved this series literally my entire life. And I'm just... so so sad about its current state. I'm watching the life get sucked out of it and I feel helpless to stop it. I don't even use mods, but even modders can only do so much to save this game. I don't think EA will ever truly kill off this franchise, because the way packs/expansions work fits right into the microtransaction model that most big studios are starting to trip over themselves to fit into these days. But it WILL lose all of its heart and soul, if it hasn't already... Will Wright must be so disappointed...

And I have less than zero hope for TS5.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Less than Cowabunga but much more than okay.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited June 2021
    Results, please.
    :sweat_smile: Just to put it shortly: I'm currently very conflicted

it just kind of feels like building a house next to active volcano right now

like on one hand i like what i see now but also like i worry that despite the fertile land its gonna be raining men... hallelujah ...and also some lava
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    Right now, I don't really play with it. I was really into it for a while but recently I've lost interest and I haven't really played with it at all for the past two months. I need a new pack to get me back into the game. Something fun with gameplay and a new world
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I personally have a LOT of fun with it🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    I too am in between OK & Cowabunga 🙂
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    I too am in between OK & Cowabunga 🙂

Same :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Meh...
    It's a dollhouse for me. A place where I can pretend to do to stuff, but not much more than that.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Worst. Game. Ever.
    Worst. Game. Ever.
    The terrible launch. So many bugs/glitches(dine out is inexcusable). How much is still missing, no cars, no burglars, no open world, no social worker, no create-a-style, babies that are objects etc...
    Neighborhood that is 2D, and not 3D.
    No innovation.
    No pamphlet coming with the game.
    Sims 4 is a downgrade from the Sims 3!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Results, please.
    My opinion varies between the first two so I chose results :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Yeah... I can't vote but: "Cowabunga! LOVE this game! Here EA, take my money!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D"
    Minus the 'take my money' part.