March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW EIG Make Sim help needed

Once again I can't find the solution to the problem I'm experiencing so I'm hoping someone can, once again (again lol) come to my rescue lol. I'm trying to test out my handiwork but when in EIG the make sim command won't work (I've tried both makesim and make sim, having seen it both ways in tuts) but I just keep getting an invalid command error. Anyone able to offer a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong? All I can say is having futtered around in CAW, I have an entirely new respect for world builders - especially those pioneers that did it before tutorials lol

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited May 2021
    @AbellaKellaher,
    I think it won’t work because unfortunately there’s no way to add premade sims to a custom world, unless you install an NRRAS mod. EA never officially added that feature. That it is why I populate my worlds via a saved game file.

I’m guessing you don’t have the mod installed, but than again, I’m no expert on it, because I’ve never used it.

Sorry if this upsets you. I kept hoping EA would add the ability to prepopulate custom world and they never did.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Oh yes, I only use nraas mods, including the three mentioned on every population tut I've come across before coming here as a last resort (including the one above) - debuger, MC and porter and those three have specifically been enabled for CAW. I've also tried with and without testingcheats. I can edit lots IG but cannot add people. The makesim command simply gets a command and going to CAS crashes the game immediately.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I'm pretty sure you cannot add sims while using Create a World and Edit in Game. If you are wanting to test your world you will have to export it and install it into the game, then add your sims. I know it can be a pain to go back and forth between exporting, installing, finding errors, uninstall and then do it all over again. I've found no other way to test a world with a sim while using CaW only.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited June 2021
    Testing cheats is active in EIG so you don't have to activate it. :)

Yes, you can add Sims in EIG. But, testing in EIG with the Sims isn't possible anymore. They made it so time won't move in EIG like it did in earlier versions.
    I don't know what you mean that the mods are enabled for CAW. CAW doesn't use the mods, EIG uses them (the game).

How do you try to add Sims? Can/Will you give me your steps?

*I still run the 1.67 update. I don't know anything about 1.69 problems.
    I just opened EIG and used makesim.... poof
    lnKvEf2.png
    Post edited by Rflong7 on