Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Yautjagirl ... I used Word for it and created a table. Inserting pictures is a lot easier in Word's tables. :)
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    @Hearts4u Love your organization skill! What program did you use to create it? I do my organization in Excel, but I never tried to add pictures.

lol @Haflinger ... It just makes the game more enjoyable when I'm playing to make sure my Sims have family, friends, and romantic relationships. :)
    Haflinger wrote: »
    @Hearts4u That is some seriously impressive family planning! Hats off to you.

Can’t wait for Tuesday!

I'm ready for Tuesday now. :D
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Gathering many ideas from folks here and online I found this retail decorator design shop on the gallery. I forget who built it. I believe it was fully decorated on the inside but I only wanted the shell of the building. I changed the paint on the outside except for the brick area. Added some windows, the sign and decor. Of course it's a WIP. This will be Barbie#4 Interior Home Design Shop.
    51215180064_d6fa7270e1_k.jpg

51215180889_1978d63eb8_k.jpg

51215483625_b05dd6cbb9_k.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2021
    I can’t wait for the game changers to post their videos. That’s always one of my favorite parts, lol.

I also love how detailed & thought out your plans are, @Hearts4u! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Here's the thread for the EA Early Access videos.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990304/early-access-of-home-decorator-game-changer-thread#latest

I may post some of the more informative ones and articles here to facilitate discussion.
  • Options
    Written article from Beyond Sims.

The Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator Game Pack Review
    The latest game pack from The Sims 4 promises to let you
    become an interior decorator, but does it provide enough fresh gameplay?

https://beyondsims.com/2021/05/ts4-dream-home-decorator-review/

• Options
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I have been watching some gameplay from the new pack and I can't wait until I get off work tomorrow now. The anticipation is going to drive me up a wall.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I didn't notice that families were named in the Gigs list.
    I'm glad of that as I will probably prioritize my favorite sims.

I am not going to get into it right away. My sim is still a teen in prep-school.
    I will probably do a test run with a new save.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, although I have my Sim all picked out to be my interior decorator, I'm not going to delve into the gameplay and career for sometime because I'm at the early stages of my gameplay with my current household (Denton & Bella). I'm a take it easy, very slow and gradual kind of player. :)
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am going a bit back and forth on whether to buy on day 1, but there is so much I like about the pack ... I adore the furniture, the CAS is not a lot, but there are some very nice basics and they go really well with DU items and other packs and I just read in this Q&A thread - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990368/q-a-dream-home-decorator - that the new TV channel builds Handiness skill and I really wanted another skill building TV channel for such a long time ... I guess I wil cave tomorrow. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

"When you are renovating for a client and are in the Build Buy Catalogue, you can use the Filter Items Menu to filter a specific Style. This will show you many of the items that fall into the Décor styles listed above as well as a couple of smaller decor styles."

From what I saw during livestream and now with Gamechangers YT posts, you can click on the clients likes and the system will pick the liked items, including the color and style.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    My non played households are mostly relatives of my main family so I first want to assign decor likes and dislikes for all of them before I attempt any renovations. Hopefully that'll help with designing an aesthetic suitable for them.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Stupid question but does this come out in the evening like the updates or does it appear for sale at midnight?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2021
    My non played households are mostly relatives of my main family so I first want to assign decor likes and dislikes for all of them before I attempt any reservations. Hopefully that'll help with designing an aesthetic suitable for them.

I believe I will be doing that for all the sims that I am interested in for the whole game.
    I will do it a little at a time next week. I am on vacation the week after that, so my game should be set.
    Maybe my sim will even be out of Uni by then.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Godleyjeans;c-17897324"]Stupid question but does this come out in the evening like the updates or does it appear for sale at midnight?

Game packs release at 10am PT.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So I asked someone with early access (I don't know if any GameChangers have done this in a video or on stream) but as you know the household you'll be designing for, after you get the gig you can pop into Manage Households and assign them some likes and dislikes suitable to their character, rather than just rolling with the random ones.

Definitely picking up the pack (and the Cool Courtyard Kit) tomorrow afternoon. (Once the rush has cooled.)
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think, as a lot of game changers have also said, it very much boils down to you as a player. Do you like decorating and building? Then this may very well be right up your alley. But if you are looking for only gameplay in new packs this could be very disappointing to you.

I’m a mix of things as a player but I’ve always adored decorating rooms in sims 4 especially. Sims 3s architect career was a massive let down and super buggy for me and I never enjoyed it. This looks much better to me even though it’s buggy at the moment. Just the idea of it looks better. Also the furniture honestly makes me emotional it looks so good.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I like decorating and building. I like playing too, and love love love small lots. (Just watch, if we ever get a farming pack, my barn will be bigger than the house, which would probably be true in real life. I hate big homes because I'm inherently lazy and hate cleaning and big homes just mean more dust and space to clutter. :D)

I think I've got a sim set up for a save. It'll probably be an attempt at another legacy play, and hoping that giving him gigs will get me some plot hooks for writing.

And then I've got to go do some real life interior decorating/organizing as some relatives of mine are moving into a senior living home and they're coming from 300 miles away, so it falls to me to get the spot set up before they arrive.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Initially, I wasn't impressed by the idea of an interior designer career. Most Interior design shows are just too... normal for my tastes. :)

But the more I look at it, the more I see the career as "a Build Challenge Randomizer" since it will provide some parameters and budget for the build, as opposed to just renovating flat out from the world map. And I like this idea.

Obviously, I'll have a better feel once the pack is out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I am glad it is more geared toward the building aspect of the game. As person who sucks at interior decorating, this could be like practice for me. Plus I could see the with them expanding likes and dislikes in future packs the depth you will get from the gameplay would probably get much better. So, that is a something I am excited for! Thanks for the info simgirl1010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top