Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited May 2021
    So Dekay, they have bluejays in Singapore? Here I was expecting some exotic bird, like a bird of paradise or something. What makes it your favorite? They are pretty, but here a lot of people think they're kind of obnoxious because they'll chase songbirds from birdfeeders, and they have an abrasive call. I like them too, because they're pretty, and I have sympathy for them somehow. Like, they weren't trying to be abrasive, they're just...assertive. lol

We suffered awful sudden heat here today, about 34 C, after it being so cold 2 nights ago we had to shut the windows or we'd be shivering all night. Luckily there's a cool breeze now, got the screen door propped open and all the windows open so the house can cool down, and we're supposed to get lightning and thunderstorms.

How is it for everyone else?

I'm not sure if there are bluejays in Singapore. 😅 But I remember I liked them cuz when I was a kid, I had this animal book where it has drawings of wild animals from all over the world, and there was one of a bluejay. And I was so intrigued by how they looked like.

Birds of Paradise are my second fav. :)

It's been super humid these past 2 days here... D:

I'm good today. Just dreading the online meeting I will have later on with a client cuz it's soooo freaking boring. 😖 We've done this same meeting for the other departments of the company and I have repeated myself like 8-9 times by now. Aaah. And I have another one tomorrow too. I hope that's the last department or I'm gonna start pulling my hair out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @DeKay I feel sorry for you having to do those boring, repetitive meetings! I've often wondered why meetings are even considered necessary when an email communication is often more focused, easier to look at later and recall important points, and doesn't require people to be available at the same time. I've been guilty of not checking my email for more than a week at a time, lately, though, so can't talk...my therapist had to call me on my cell because I missed his email about rescheduling our session.

That's such a cute, funny gif there. He seems to have a great sense of humor. :)
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited May 2021
    DeKay I feel sorry for you having to do those boring, repetitive meetings! I've often wondered why meetings are even considered necessary when an email communication is often more focused, easier to look at later and recall important points, and doesn't require people to be available at the same time. I've been guilty of not checking my email for more than a week at a time, lately, though, so can't talk...my therapist had to call me on my cell because I missed his email about rescheduling our session.

That's such a cute, funny gif there. He seems to have a great sense of humor. :)

Well, cuz for these meetings, I have to demonstrate to the people what we did for previous projects so they can get an idea of what theirs will look like. It's a 360 walkthru type of thing so it has to be virtually shown. But yeah, it's a bit dumb to have different meetings when they can have like 2-3 departments each time instead of making separate ones. Like one Monday, I had two back to back and the second one was only one person in that meeting (not counting the host, and my team), so I was like, "They really can't just get this guy to join in with the previous one... LOL. Could have said me so much time but no, now I gotta demonstrate the walkthru AGAIN."

About my siggie gif? Philip is such a goofball. Love him! :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    My laptop's power cord bit the dust, and my battery is on its last few minutes, so if I'm less present (typing on my phone is very hard) that's why, til a new cord comes in. Ta ta for now!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Think it was about 3am when I FINALLY got to sleep! Don't know what had me up though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    @DeKay surprised I got the bird right and not the guy haha he looks a bit like Chalamet, but actually a bit younger and cuter. You captured his face exactly!

@Nushnushganay It's been raining here in England for aaages now, but has been sunny today and we're expecting a heat wave over the weekend. My dad lives in Siberia (where I'm from) and last week it was +30 degrees there (celcius) but 4 days before that it was -2! and it was still snowing in April. The swings there are mental!
    Had a hard time getting to sleep last night. Think it was about 3am when I FINALLY got to sleep! Don't know what had me up though.

Do you generally sleep through the night? I swing from insomnia to hypersomnia, but the kind of insomnia I experience doesn't stop me falling asleep, it just wakes me up at 3am and then I'm randomly awake for 2-3 hours before I can sleep again :/
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    My laptop's power cord bit the dust, and my battery is on its last few minutes, so if I'm less present (typing on my phone is very hard) that's why, til a new cord comes in. Ta ta for now!

Aw, Nush!! Well, see ya when we see ya!
    DeKay surprised I got the bird right and not the guy haha he looks a bit like Chalamet, but actually a bit younger and cuter. You captured his face exactly!

Nushnushganay It's been raining here in England for aaages now, but has been sunny today and we're expecting a heat wave over the weekend. My dad lives in Siberia (where I'm from) and last week it was +30 degrees there (celcius) but 4 days before that it was -2! and it was still snowing in April. The swings there are mental!

Do you generally sleep through the night? I swing from insomnia to hypersomnia, but the kind of insomnia I experience doesn't stop me falling asleep, it just wakes me up at 3am and then I'm randomly awake for 2-3 hours before I can sleep again :/

Haha, why surprised you got the bird right tho? 😅😅 I thought it's pretty easy to guess it the moment you see blue and black stripes in a feather. 😂

Yeah, the model's name is Matthew Clavane. He's very pretty and it's not fair. XD

4f181cd5c281ba9c74916e056185dc7c.jpg
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Haha, why surprised you got the bird right tho? 😅😅 I thought it's pretty easy to guess it the moment you see blue and black stripes in a feather. 😂

Yeah, the model's name is Matthew Clavane. He's very pretty and it's not fair. XD

4f181cd5c281ba9c74916e056185dc7c.jpg

lol 'cause usually I don't know birds at all, other than like pigeons and eagles and stuff 😅 the word 'bluejay' just floated into my mind from some magical place haha awww he is such a cutie, but he looks about 12! I like his messy hair ^_^
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    I thought that was a girl. And yes, attractive one, but not in the overdone makeup and overdone feminine pulchritude way, that to me is cloying. So more attractive than the typical girl. Haha 😅 so much for what I interpret of what I see. As a guy, he's still pretty, but not my masculine beauty ideal at all.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @magic_cat_tree

I suffer for sleep apnea and always have toss and turn during the night - so a CPAP machine hose would just tangle up (not good).

Just been bad lately, not being able to get the sleep I need, and then I'm barely able to make it thru the day!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    The house next door has a loud fan I have heard all day.
    It was hard to sleep because of this.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    The house next door has a loud fan I have heard all day.
    It was hard to sleep because of this.

Sometimes I use a fan to mask the sounds of people being loud on summer evenings out on the street or in the nearby areas.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    @magic_cat_tree

I suffer for sleep apnea and always have toss and turn during the night - so a CPAP machine hose would just tangle up (not good).

Just been bad lately, not being able to get the sleep I need, and then I'm barely able to make it thru the day!

That sucks :( I’m so sorry you have to deal with that! I totally understand regarding the low energy issues after bad sleep. I just don’t understand how some people can function normally on 6 hours or less consistently 🤯
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the best and worst thing about getting older?

Best thing: Probably having more free will. XD
    Worst thing: Back pain. LOL. And just pain everywhere else.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Best thing: Living far away from toxic parents.

Worst thing: Having to somehow earn money.
    So is no one gonna tell me Thirty Seconds to Mars released a video for this awesome song? 😅 I discovered the song like last year (I think) and was sad that it didn't have a video at the time. So this is a great surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WZIfJ9G_I
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Best thing: perspective.
    Worst thing: that time passes faster the longer we've lived, and 20 years ago, 20 years seemed like a long time, but now, I know that 10 years goes by in the blink of an eye, so I have about 20 years until I'm elderly...so I had better live in the now, not wait until later for anything, make it count, because I don't have a life ahead of me, nearly as long as the life I had already lived, even if I were to live an additional 50 years.

I think true "middle age" is about age 20, because it seems subjectively to take as long from birth to age 20, as the rest of an entire natural lifespan takes, subjectively.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Best thing: Having the right to decide how to live your own life without a parental figure making those decisions for you, and having your own money

Worst thing: physical pain and the limitations that come with it
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Best thing: perspective.
    Worst thing: that time passes faster the longer we've lived, and 20 years ago, 20 years seemed like a long time, but now, I know that 10 years goes by in the blink of an eye, so I have about 20 years until I'm elderly...so I had better live in the now, not wait until later for anything, make it count, because I don't have a life ahead of me, nearly as long as the life I had already lived, even if I were to live an additional 50 years.

I think true "middle age" is about age 20, because it seems subjectively to take as long from birth to age 20, as the rest of an entire natural lifespan takes, subjectively.

Ah, I totally can relate to the "worst thing". Like how is it already June. 😂
    Today's Q Q is:

Best thing: Having the right to decide how to live your own life without a parental figure making those decisions for you, and having your own money

Worst thing: physical pain and the limitations that come with it

Yes, physical pain. ✊😔
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Wow, I had 160 notifications when I logged on :sweat_smile: guess it has been a month or two...

Anyways, how is everyone?
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Doing well at present, making the most of a cold rainy dark day, indulging in almond milk decaf lattes repeatedly along with croissant sandwiches hubs went and got from Starbucks twice today (we had breakfast in bed, then decided it would make a good afternoon meal as well) and are giving each other permission to be complete wastes of space today.

Missed your face around! How are ya, Bella?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Honestly, lazy days when it's rainy are actually quite nice.

I'm alright, doing better then I have been, y'know? Personally, I'm enjoying my own kind of lazy day by simming. I woke up really early this morning, so I haven't felt like doing too much that's overly productive so I'm having fun playing Sims 2 instead :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is just gonna be a fun random one, kinda like a 'free-for-all'. XD
    Ask any question you would like to know about everyone who posts here. Doesn't have to be directed to a specific person.

I'm not gonna ask anything today since I do that like every other day, so it's you guys' turns! :)
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Have y'all played with the new likes/dislikes feature in the Sims 4 yet?
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Have y'all played with the new likes/dislikes feature in the Sims 4 yet?

Yea found it a couple days ago! I havent messed with it enough to know how much it affects gameplay tho

Do u dream in black and white or in color?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top