Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa Day or Dine Out?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,899 Member
    Dine Out
    @permanentrose which one did you decide to get?
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @simgirl1010 Since there hasn't been a sale yet, neither yet, but I will get Dine Out at some point when it is discounted :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Spa Day
    I love spa day for
    meditation item
    yoga
    massage table
    sauna
    the content and venues <3

with hot tubs and hot springs its even better B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Spa Day
    I would say Dine Out but taking Sims out to eat is such a chore... They do everything but sit down and eat.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Dine Out
    I have been out of the dating scene for 47 years, so please bear with me. How many people go out on a date to a spa? Maybe a ladies night out, perhaps, but how many couples chose a spa? I think going out to dine is more often than not what a couple will choose for a date. And while I do enjoy the Spa in my game, I have to confess I don't send Sims there very often.

In real life I doubt I'd go with my husband to a spa? Then again I don't want folks hands touching me. lol BUT in my game I send families, groups and perhaps couples to the spa. But the spa I send them to in game are more like resorts with a bunch of other activities for my sims to do. There's a sort of an outdoorsy spa in Sulani off the beach and the pyramid that maxis put on the gallery since launch is the resort/spa.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Spa Day
    I would say Dine Out but taking Sims out to eat is such a chore... They do everything but sit down and eat.

agreed

takes hours to get food and eat :#
    sims won't stay seated :#
    your household can't host, serve or cook :#
    totally wasted opportunity to run only the management side for the household and it just don't work with the bugs :'(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Spa Day
    Both are glorified stuff packs, but I prefer Spa Day because the wellness aspect is easy to integrate into your sims' everday lives, you don't have to actively seek out a spa to experience its features.

Dine Out is only useful if you want to run or go to restaurants often, because most of its CAS and BB items look out of place anywhere else. But it's also your only option if you want to do those things, you can't run a restaurant with GTW and going to a café just isn't the same.

In the end, it comes down to how you play.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Dine Out
    Hope you got both ;) . Dine Out is better gameplay while Spa Day adds to modern contemporary builds. Be warned: Dine Out's buggy & temperamental. Fortunately, the community makes a lot of noise bout it, so Sims teams will hopefully clean it up soon (fingers crossed).
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Spa Day
    I mostly build. I seldom use the dine out stuff, though they have some really nice large scale lighting options. But I use spa day stuff all the time.

From a gameplay perspective, it seems like the Dineout stuff is still pretty glitchy? But what isn't?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Spa Day
    I love the Wellness skill, and saunas are a nice addition to woohoo-able spots. Yoga is a good way to lay a solid, 8-hour emotion, either Focused, Energized or Inspired, and I use it frequently. Personally, I don't think I'd get the same use out of restaurants.
  • Options
    Simola08Simola08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Dine Out
    Ever since I got the Get To Work pack, I've been making bakeries and it really bugged me that my customers wouldn't sit down to eat the cakes so I got dine out bc now my sims can go somewhere to eat and other sims can eat in my restaurants. Also, its a nice place for a date 😘
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Dine Out
    I use Dine Out to take my sims on dates all the time, like every playthrough and while I really do love Spa Day for the wellness skill and yoga classes, I would have to pick Dine out.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2021
    Dine Out
    I personally prefer Dine Out based solely on themes and what I prioritize, but Spa Day is much more stable. The themes are fairly obvious; Spa Day is easier to use at home though it has some community elements; Dine Out is constantly expanded by recipes from other packs, but is one of if not the most bugged GPs to date. CAS and BB are subjective, but I like Dine Out's BB and Spa Day's CAS.

Aside from that and what others have mentioned at length, all I can add is perhaps wait until the refresh is revealed. One might become especially enticing.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Dine Out
    This is too hard of a choice, I love them both so much and can’t play my game without them. Buuut I’ll say Dine out because who doesn’t love sending your Sims out for a nice meal together… When the pack works right. :#