Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I may be a bit scarce for the next few weeks. Not sure when or if I'll get to play. We're having some remodeling done on the house - dining room, kitchen, 2 baths. But I did get a chance to put goether another chapter for Life is Random.
    4.7 New Term
    image.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’m going to hold off on playing until the mods I use have been OKed/updated, which is probably what a lot do. It’ll be fun giving Erytheia the “likes cooking” feature with the associated moodlet... yes dear, that is why you’ve maximised both cooking skills, did a Culinary Arts degree and work in the chef branch of the culinary career!! Not so sure about dislikes, all I can think of right now are disliking grey, black and brown.
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    9B1F9p3.png
    Okay, so saying I planned to release several this month was unfortunately something that fell through. But, it's still May and I'm bringing you a second chapter for the month, at the very least, that hit nearly 5,000 words! I hope this can make up for it :heart: Buckle your seatbelt and read the newest chapter here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i have to write later the gardners think its fun to pass by window. but i think all my mods are updated. so thats good news.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    I finished catching up on two of my SimLits (well still have to read Part 2 of one of them!) One of them a new arc is due to be released in the next week or two and I am hyped : D and started loosely planning my next project. No challenges struck inspiration so will likely attempt a purely narrative story again, see how it goes, but it won’t be for a while yet since I’m enjoying just building houses ATM.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    apparently alex thats the youngest of noel and laurens children hes the only one born in game anymore because the other 6 are in the gallery.. but i said vaccum and i guess that translates to go tosleep . which is weird cause i once told alec to go to bed and he dcied it meant whoo in bed with your wife.
  • Options
    I made a new house, screenshots are on my builds thread!
    The house can be downloaded here and is a sort of grungy,unloved place.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Have fun! We actually have sunshine for once over here so work was thankfully quiet XuX
    @DeafSimmer I’m glad you like the builds, thank you ;-; I’ll catch up on Nightblaze once I get home.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I’m not much of a builder @SnowBnuuy so I’ll check those out! I wish I could be better at building, but I never have the patience for it.

• Options
    @SnowBnuuy Back when I played TS3 my friend was great at building so I used to get her to send me her houses XD I feel like I should go back on TS3 someday. It’s fun doing builds in between SimLit. I’m currently planning my next story though!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello! I've still had some health problems, but now I'm better again and I have almost normal levels of energy! Yay! So I managed to write the newest chapter for The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 59: Thieves
    LMNPb72.jpg

Tad finds out about Disegno's crime, but that's not even the real issue they are facing. Amelia faces kind words from an old friend, as well as some realities of life.

Stay safe everyone!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor Really random question, did you draw the artwork on the right-hand half of your signature banner? It looks really cool!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    I'm currently on vacation in the beautiful sunshine.

don't hurt yourself. only saying that cause the last2 post i read from you you were sore both times. but seriously enjoy your vacation.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Keidra wrote: »
    I came here because I get the feeling ya'll will understand.

You ever hit a point in a story where it's gone totally off the rails from where it was supposed to, and the characters have managed to get themselves into such a deep pit of quicksand you're like "I have no idea if I can even save this and I should probably quit while I'm ahead" and then you're like, "You know what, why, you guys got yourselves here, GET YOURSELVES OUT THEN"?

Because I'm there and it's beyond frustrating. I'm dying trying to figure out how to salvage this mess and I took a break from it for like 2-3 months because the sheer volume of WHAT THE- needed time to sink in all the way and pass so I could start thinking something besides wth wth wth wthwthwthwth-

Anyway, at least I'm finally getting somewhere again. It's like relieving and also sort of ... something to dread because I'm just waiting for Morgyn to figure out a way of breaking it worse than it already is. (Pls. Stop breaking things. Can we fix something instead? Omg.)

So yeah hi I'm Kendra and I'm an alcoholic a writer. AKA one who transmutes caffeine and panic into prose.

Hi, @Keidra Kendra! I'm late replying--haven't been here much for the past few weeks. I love this post! How is it going with your tangled save and story?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Hi @CathyTea ! The save kicked the bucket a long time ago, I haven't been playing it for months now. If you see it wandering around the streets, please call the police.
    As for the story, it's still being a thorn in my side. I've been focusing on the Eisenstern legacy because it's what I find enjoyable right now, and whenever inspiration for Of Frost and Fire strikes, I write for it. But mostly I'm not forcing it. It'll come, or it won't.

I do intend to rework the story later, and turn it entirely original, which won't be hard because what it uses from The Sims continuity is... ... actually, I can't think of anything it uses from The Sims canon. One could argue the whole magic realm set up, but that's not exactly an original concept. Anyway, turning it fully original won't be hard. And then I'll publish it. So I will get this done eventually, just, maybe not in 2021. Lol I have... the rest of this book, I'm on book three ( four more accurately, I had to split one in two ), and then another final book to do, I'm guessing around another 13-14 chapters on this one and then maybe around 20-30 on the last book, so that'd be roughly... another 220,000 words, if I'm lucky and they don't take ages to finish it up.

I did get to the fluff part. I think probably the hardest part of writing ( and reading! ) Of Frost and Fire is that it's just so emotionally taxing and draining, and dramatic and traumatic, so consistently. There aren't many breaks in the storm clouds, and it's just exhausting, honestly. So, I purposely put in 3-4 chapters of romantic fluff to give us a break from all the darkness, and I'm hoping it helps. c:
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

don't hurt yourself. only saying that cause the last2 post i read from you you were sore both times. but seriously enjoy your vacation.

Oh that ship has long since sailed! A four hour car journey followed by running around playing beach sports...the sea is great though and swimming eases the muscles.
  • Options

Oh that ship has long since sailed! A four hour car journey followed by running around playing beach sports...the sea is great though and swimming eases the muscles.

glad your having fun.
  • Options
    noel ight be game aware or it was just a weird coincedence . last night he asked if he could try cooking as a hobby.
  • Options
    New builds uploaded to my showcase thread- a cat and dog-themed house, respectively.
    they/them or she/her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top