Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Return of Sim Bio: How it could be brought back and improved?

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Edit. Changed the idea a little.
Hello! I have an idea to share.
Many have wanted to have sim bio to come back. It is one thing that is in the previous games but not in The Sims 4. It's a text box where you could write about the sim, giving them backstories etc. Here's an idea how it could be brought back.

Backstory:
I liked how you could see other sims' bios in The Sims 1 and The Sims 1 and 2 in console version, so sometimes I wanted to see that return in The Sims 2 and 3. I also liked the secret system The Sims 2 handheld versions had. If sim socialized with others many times enough, they'd discover their secret you can see in the relationship panel.

The idea:
As sim profiles features was introduced with the patch for Snowy Escape, I think it would be a perfect place to display other sim's bio. Though sometimes, I don't want certain info displayed for strangers.
Maybe it can be put in the same panel where likes and dislikes can be set under different tab.
Plus it would also be great if there is a difficulty setting for two of the bios, giving players choice how easy it is to learn their sim's backstory and secret. Perhaps have four settings: easy, medium, hard, and very hard.

So I propose 3 types of bios: first impression bio, backstory bio, and secret bio.
First impression bios are immediately opened and displayed on sim's profile as soon as sims are introduced. Usually it's place where first impressions and rumors about that sim is written. It has no difficulty setting.
Backstory bios are opened after sims get to know each other. Usually it's place for sim's backstory (what they did before and what makes them them) is written. On easy difficulty, sim just has to socialize enough times, so it can also be known by enemies. On medium difficulty, your sim has to first learn all the traits, career, and preferences to unlock it. On hard difficulty, sim has to also be friends first. On very hard difficulty, your sim has also has to be good friends with that sim.
Secret bios are opened when sim becomes close to that sim enough (maybe have an interaction to learn the secret). Usually it's place where you can write things sim wouldn't want others to know. On easy difficulty, the secret can be learned when sims are friends. On medium difficulty, the secret can be learned when sims are good friends. Hard difficulty requires maxed out friendship and very hard difficulty requires sims to be best friends.

I'd like to be able to edit it in CAS and in live mode. It could be displayed in simology panel by clicking on a button. Maybe it could be introduced along with the improved memory system and put the memories and bios in the same button...

Please share your thoughts or ideas on how could this idea be improved.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I love your idea for us to learn the "sim description" after have increased relationship. Maybe they could break it down into different aspects liek you said, a secret description, a regular description, etc...
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    Yes!! Good ideas, I hope we can get the personal bio back. I really like the idea that you can see others sims bio througt the new sims panel! :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Ok then. Due to the new slot in the CAS traits panel, I have changed this idea and edited the main post.
    I'll put the original idea (how it was before I edited it) here.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hello! I have an idea to share.
    Many have wanted to have sim bio to come back. It is one thing that is in the previous games but not in The Sims 4. It's a text box where you could write about the sim, giving them backstories etc. Here's an idea how it could be brought back.

Backstory:
    I liked how you could see other sims' bios in The Sims 1 and The Sims 1 and 2 in console version, so sometimes I wanted to see that return in The Sims 2 and 3. I also liked the secret system The Sims 2 handheld versions had. If sim socialized with others many times enough, they'd discover their secret you can see in the relationship panel.

The idea:
    As sim profiles features was introduced with the patch for Snowy Escape, I think it would be a perfect place to display other sim's bio. Though sometimes, I don't want certain info displayed for strangers.

So I propose 3 types of bios: open bio, closed bio, and secret bio.
    Open bios are displayed immediately after introduction. Closed bio is revealed when sim talks to the other sim long enough (maybe revealed once all the traits are discovered). And secret bio is revealed when sim is really good friends with that sim and asks for it.

I'd like to be able to edit it in CAS and in live mode. It could be displayed in simology panel by clicking on a button. Maybe it could be introduced along with the improved memory system and put the memories and bios in the same button...

Please share your thoughts or ideas on how could this idea be improved.

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Ok. Additional ideas:
    • More secret bios that can be learned when certain conditions are fulfilled (if the career is correct, if the required skill is there, if this sim is a certain occult, if a certain interaction is ran (ask about death for example) ect). For example, co-workers of a sim learn additional info about a sim others don't. These "secrets" can be named by the player.
    • With Social Bunny feature from High School Years, I think it would be awesome to set up to 20 posts that sim could randomly write. In addition, you could also set up to 20 messages they can send to other sims (5 of each type, aka 5 friendly, 5 mean, 5 flirty, and 5 funny).

All can be set in CAS.

After all, there are sets of hidden traits for pre-made sims that make it so they give an unique response to certain interactions (in Tartosa or Moonwood Mill for example), which give them depth. Let us give our sims depth, even when it's in writing!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top