Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Game of “You or Me”

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I mean, depends on what you mean by obsessed with music. I listen to my favorites, I dance with a dance group, I sing a little, and I want to learn guitar and get back into playing piano. I'm also an aspiring songwriter and I almost want to try vocal lessons for the fun of it. Don't think I'd ever sing professionally.

(I have this weird goal of my favorite singer singing a song I wrote. Not the one I wrote about him though. That one I'll keep tucked away in my diary behind lock & key until the time is right, or maybe I can rewrite it? So yeah. And if you know me by now you'll know who I'm talking about, starts with an H. :love: )

WMLT become an actor

I guess we're both obsessed then. For me, I do everything with music. I wake up and listen to music and don't stop until I go to sleep. So that's about 16 hours of music per day. :D And I've always wanted to be as singer too. I sing in the shower too for fun. :D

Hmmm. Maybe me?

WMLT be mad right now?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    You? (I’m like a sim, almost always happy... )😂

Wmlt try out a new scent/perfume?
    edited May 2021
    Ya, I am mad. When am I ever not mad? XD

You.

WMLT be the life of a party?
    832XG3D.gif
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Hmm... me?
    You. I hate the look of it on any gender, frankly, and hate the sensation when I've tried it, and always pick and scrape at it.

@Coffeecrumblecake for acne, it was both of us. I didn't generally get acne as a teen and just in time for my first appt with a new dentist, had not just one, but broke out on both cheeks, chin, even one on my nose. Weird. Got any advice for what to use on it?

WMLT get told by a dentist that they have excellent teeth and gum health?

Nope, no advice sadly; struggled with it ever since I was 12 😅

WMLT be the type of person who gives their friends guidance a lot?
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Me, I'm like my friends' therapist and always have been :D
    I am also planning to still dress the same in my 80s as I do in my 30s. 😁

I think I'm gonna be the same, except I'm currently 30 and I dress like a late teen :# so maybe when I'm 80 I'll dress like I'm 30 lol
    DeKay wrote: »

Wait, broccoli is bitter? LOL. To me, it's sweet (if stir fried) . Of course not crazy "fruit like" sweet but def not bitter either... 😂 But if I were to just steam it/boil it, then it's just bland to me. Tho, I'm probably like the worst person to ask if something is bitter cuz I drink my tea without sugar or milk all the time so I'm super used to bitterness. XD

Haha ikr! I only found this out when I got together with my husband 'cause he struggles to eat his greens, as he can taste their bitterness. Yeah, it's not fruit-like, it's got a very subtle sweetness though. I personally like it boiled on its own, but I have a weird love for broccoli lol
    And I also drink my tea without sugar ^_^ same with coffee, though I don't drink coffee much anymore

WMLT not reach for their phone when having to wait for something (like sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office for example)?

Drummer in Seize The Day
    You! I do cause it’s awkward to just be there with nothing to do 😆

WMLT keep their old phones since throwing them out is bad for the environment?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    You. They have places here that take defunct electronics (which is a hidden way of sending it straight to a landfill, which they tell you not to put it in the trash, but at best, they ship it out to a poorer country where it can poison their water and soil, rather than our own). And for something that would take millions of years to break down (and it still won't "biodegrade" in the classic sense), keeping it in a home for even the rest of your life, imprisons you behind a growing wall of broken and defunct appliances, furniture, microfiber and polyester (plastic fabrics), electronics, and basically every consumer good you buy, hoping for a technological solution in your lifetime.

Okay, that was depressing.

WMLT to have ever been called The Death of the Party? :sweat_smile:
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Neither of us? I don’t know, that sounds like a pretty specific and uncommon title.

And yeah I know what you mean. I still do keep my old electronics, because although doing so doesn't fix anything, it doesn’t make it worse either.

WMLT keep their sweater on even though they’re sweating from heat out of pure laziness?
    Hmm... me?
    You. I hate the look of it on any gender, frankly, and hate the sensation when I've tried it, and always pick and scrape at it.

Coffeecrumblecake for acne, it was both of us. I didn't generally get acne as a teen and just in time for my first appt with a new dentist, had not just one, but broke out on both cheeks, chin, even one on my nose. Weird. Got any advice for what to use on it?

WMLT get told by a dentist that they have excellent teeth and gum health?

Nope, no advice sadly; struggled with it ever since I was 12 😅

WMLT be the type of person who gives their friends guidance a lot?

@Nushnushganay Use benzoyl peroxide cream. 5% is good enough. Tho, this is for like the white heads or pimples kinda acne tho which is what I'm guessing you're facing now, and not the more severe papules types? I don't know if the benzoyl cream will work for those severe types since I have don't have them (knock on wood) but if anybody else does, I don't think it will hurt to try. 😂

Oh, and I found out recently that if you have millia (those things that kinda look like whiteheads but more rounded and they don't ever seem to go away): you stab it with a needle (like the one for removing whiteheads) or just buy any needle, don't forget to sterilise it first, and then just stab it, I mean, poke it. 😂 Just enough to make a tiny hole. Then dab apple cider vinegar on it. It will hurt like crazy but if it hurts, that means it's working. XD Then just dab the vinegar like before you go to bed and in the morning the next day, etc. It should go away in like 2 days or something.
    Neither of us? I don’t know, that sounds like a pretty specific and uncommon title.

And yeah I know what you mean. I still do keep my old electronics, because although doing so doesn't fix anything, it doesn’t make it worse either.

WMLT keep their sweater on even though they’re sweating from heat out of pure laziness?

Me.

WMLT wear a sweater at home?
    832XG3D.gif
    edited May 2021
    Me, when it's cold inside and we're not turning on the heat for some reason. But always a cardigan, as sweaters with just a neck hole make me feel claustrophobic. So more like a sweater jacket if I'm gonna wear a sweater at all. Usually just a hoodie (again, it has to be a zippered hoodie jacket: no way out except over my head makes me feel trapped).

Thanks for the question about acne, DeKay. I had so little experience with it I didn't even know the terms. I looked up papules and...that's the kind. I suspected the cause, and the article I read confirmed it. I'd had a bit of an androgen spike when I started exercising more again (it can do that) and it both upped my frogginess and made my skin greasier, and along with it came that breakout.

forgot to ask one

WMLT like chia seed pudding?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Oh, well, if it's due to greasy skin, then try to use a water based or foam wash cleanser, preferably right after you work out so it removes the grease immediately. Don't forget to put toner afterwards. 😂
    A lot of sites recommend benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid (the one you recommended me before which didn't work for me sadly). So I guess you have to just try either and see which one works best for your skin.
    Good luck! And update me if you do try cuz I'm also curious!

Haha, and also have you been stalking me? I literally tried making chia seed chocolate pudding the other day, for the first time and it's not bad.

So I'd say both of us?

WMLT be baking today?
    832XG3D.gif
    edited May 2021
    You! I baked a few days ago and don’t do it again until everything’s out.

On the skin care subject, the thing is I use a lot of different prescriptions daily for my regimen but my dermatologists keep adding and subtracting stuff. Little do they know that the reason lots of stuff aren’t working is because I’m too lazy to use them every day as directed, not necessarily because of what they’re made of 😅

WMLT be friends with a lot of the dog walkers in the area?
    You! I baked a few days ago and don’t do it again until everything’s out.

On the skin care subject, the thing is I use a lot of different prescriptions daily for my regimen but my dermatologists keep adding and subtracting stuff. Little do they know that the reason lots of stuff aren’t working is because I’m too lazy to use them every day as directed, not necessarily because of what they’re made of 😅

WMLT be friends with a lot of the dog walkers in the area?

Haha, naughty naughty about the skin thing. XD

You.

WMLT be a cat person?
    832XG3D.gif
    You! I think they can be cute but secretly scheming at the same time.

(Haha yeah I can’t help it.)

WMLT be an arcade high score master?
    You.

WMLT be a great PE teacher?
    832XG3D.gif
    I'd be a hated PE teacher: the type that ceaselessly offers helpful suggestions and dorky encouragement. You'd just yell at them to get the lead out and keep up with the group, and they'd like that far better than me being Helpy Helperton.

The skin thing is settling down but I've not been exercising hard the past few days. It was not normal, whatever it was: astringent wasn't enough, nor was baking soda/soap scrub. I finally tried 99% isopropyl alcohol and that worked for about half an hour before my face was greasy again. But it's much calmer now. I never had these problems when I was younger: maybe this is payback time.

WMLT be getting paradoxically sleepy whenever they drink caffeine, lately?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    This used to happen to me when I drank coffee actually, I never understood why :S but I only drink matcha lately and it doesn't happen with that, so
    you

WMLT not care what they look like when leaving the house?
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    MME

WMLT eat olives straight from the jar?
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
    I'd be a hated PE teacher: the type that ceaselessly offers helpful suggestions and dorky encouragement. You'd just yell at them to get the lead out and keep up with the group, and they'd like that far better than me being Helpy Helperton.

The skin thing is settling down but I've not been exercising hard the past few days. It was not normal, whatever it was: astringent wasn't enough, nor was baking soda/soap scrub. I finally tried 99% isopropyl alcohol and that worked for about half an hour before my face was greasy again. But it's much calmer now. I never had these problems when I was younger: maybe this is payback time.

WMLT be getting paradoxically sleepy whenever they drink caffeine, lately?

You skin thing could be a hormonal thing so there's nothing much you can do about it and you can't compare it to when you're younger. 😂
    MME

WMLT eat olives straight from the jar?

You.

WMLT hate pineapple on pizza with a passion?
    832XG3D.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2021
    Both of us? I don't like pineapple (Except in Dole Whip form, that I can handle)

Also, y'all talking about skincare, I've forgotten my face cream the last 3 days :lol: it makes my nose have that oily/greasy feeling. But I have those days when I wish I didn't have so much acne or my face wasn't so red (I don't even need blush even though I own some, my face is already red!) Although that really doesn't help myself questioning what color lipstick I like or if I wanna make my hair dark red....

WMLT try a new hairstyle? (I write this as I'm regretting getting my hair cut because now I can't try French braids like Taylor Swift is rocking in the picture on the cover of Evermore... short hair has it's pros and cons. Now to find a nice heatless curl for short hair)
    Post edited by rubyskywalker on
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Nah, I freaking love pineapple on pizza. Hawaiian pizza is my fav topping.

You.

WMLT dye their hair?
    832XG3D.gif
    You, because except on top, mine is pretty much shaven off. Nothing to work with! But I'd look silly with my pasty pale skin and freckles, nearly-invisible pale eyelashes and eyebrows, trying to be anything but a ginger anyway. And hubs would be upset. He likes that I'm ginger. I do envy people with black hair and dramatic eyebrows, though.

@rubyskywalker I'm not the best person to ask for colors, but I think your lipstick problem would depend on what shade of red your hair is, whether it's strawberry blonde, or carrot orange, or fiery lava, or cherry cola. But I *think* anything in magenta or cooler pinks, looks terrible next to red hair of any kind. So maybe a delicate shell pink, or a warmer peach color? I'm sure you're a better judge. I'm red/green color deficient, so I can see a lot of shades of each, but certain greens trick me as brown or grey or black, and certain reds or pinks, I also don't see as others do, so I have to ask hubs sometimes, what color something is if I think it's brown, grey, or black, because sometimes it turns out I'm wearing two clashing shades of green, or a red top and dark green pants that I thought were charcoal grey, and I look like a garden gnome. XD

WMLT be having so much fun in Sims3 now, that they don't even care if Sims5 is the terrible online-only soulless microtransactions-thing people are speculating it will be?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ZazablablaZazablabla Posts: 2 New Member
    Me
    You or me : who is most likely to cook dinner
    You.

WMLT love DIY work?
    832XG3D.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited June 2021

@rubyskywalker I'm not the best person to ask for colors, but I think your lipstick problem would depend on what shade of red your hair is, whether it's strawberry blonde, or carrot orange, or fiery lava, or cherry cola. But I *think* anything in magenta or cooler pinks, looks terrible next to red hair of any kind. So maybe a delicate shell pink, or a warmer peach color? I'm sure you're a better judge. I'm red/green color deficient, so I can see a lot of shades of each, but certain greens trick me as brown or grey or black, and certain reds or pinks, I also don't see as others do, so I have to ask hubs sometimes, what color something is if I think it's brown, grey, or black, because sometimes it turns out I'm wearing two clashing shades of green, or a red top and dark green pants that I thought were charcoal grey, and I look like a garden gnome. XD

I currently have brunette hair. I've yet to make up my mind on dying it or not.

Me! I love doing DIYs! I'm very creative.

WMLT write a song?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top