Sul sul! How many baes is too many? The answer is NONE! Join @kelseydangerous on her journey of love as she attempts to maintain 100 romantic relationships.
Follow along on her road to love here!

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

1151617181921...Next

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 382 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I turn 44 in July. Been playing the Sims series since 2004.

It's my change-of-pace game to be sure. Like, my "taste in games" (if there is such a thing) runs much more toward harder-core strategy and simulation titles, stuff like the Truck Simulator games (American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2), Total War, and heavy-duty city/colony builders like Tropico 4, Cities: Skylines, and Dawn of Man. But for some reason I keep coming back to the Sims series because there's nothing else quite like it.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 559 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'll be 24 in July. Sims 4 is actually my first version of the game, but I remember watching Sims style music videos on Youtube back in 2007-2008ish.

I never asked my parents about playing though since it didn't appeal to me at the time. But besides, I would have thought I was too young to play a teen-rated game anyway. I remember my parents taking me to a pg-13 movie when I was 10 or 11 and I thought they wouldn't let me because I was too young. Lol.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 138 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    26, I love Sims games. I've played Sims 1 and 2 when I was a kid. I've never tried Sims 3 because I stopped playing video games when I was like a teenager and focused on other hobbies like reading or writing. Only started Sims 4 in March.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 4,488 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Both my daughter & I are simmers since 2011 with Sims 3. We both have our own Sims 4 game & packs. I'm 52 young at heart & my daughter is now 26.
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 66 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Late 30's over here... Been here since Sims 1.
  • emmalieemmalie Posts: 10 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I have been playing from the very beginning in 2000, and that’s more than half of my life. It’s something that always amaze my tween daughter’s friends. ”Do your mom really play the Sims?”
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 360 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 35! I've been playing The Sims since the first installment. I would have been 14 at the very youngest, but I was probably around 16. I remember making Sims of myself and all my friends.
  • MissLyn2408MissLyn2408 Posts: 29 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my late 20s now and I have been playing since I was 9 years old or younger.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 60 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    My first The Sims was *drum roll* The Sims 4. January 2015. It really was with me for all my preteen-teenage years. Now I'm 18, and in three days from now my last year of highschool will start, and don't think I'll have a lot of time to play 🥲.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 8,643 Member
    60+
    My first The Sims was *drum roll* The Sims 4. January 2015. It really was with me for all my preteen-teenage years. Now I'm 18, and in three days from now my last year of highschool will start, and don't think I'll have a lot of time to play 🥲.

Wow! Part of me is glad that you have discovered the sims and enjoy it. Another part of me is saddened that you didn't get the chance to enjoy the earlier versions of the sims which were imo so very, very much better. Having said that, I welcome you to the sims community and hope you continue enjoying playing the game for many years in the future.

• Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 75 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    51 (and three quarters!) Ihave been playing since Sims 1. I got the base game and Livin' Large together. I started playing early afternoon and the next thing I knew it was 2am. :D
  • ArcaArca Posts: 57 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm nearly 40
    Sims 4 is the first Sims game (I haven't paid the previous series)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 5,055 Member
    60+
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm 52 years old.
    I started playing Sims when I was about 45. I first played Sims Freeplay and Sims 3 mobile games on my tablet and when I finally bought Sims 4 I fell in love with it immediately. My only regret is that I didn't start playing earlier, I would've liked to experience the earlier Sims games too, especially Sims 2.

Yeah, sims 2 in my opinion was the best…… it was so in depth.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 305 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when I was around 12, I'm now 30, still love the Sims! My first game was Sim 1 on the PS2, then on pc The Sims 1 Superstar! and I loved Sims Castaway and The Sims Urbz as a child too. Now I'm older me and my partner play it together, he loves it too :) I didn't expect to see that more people who play the game are older then younger but it makes me feel better about playing it at my age lol
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 8,643 Member
    60+
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    I started playing when I was around 12, I'm now 30, still love the Sims! My first game was Sim 1 on the PS2, then on pc The Sims 1 Superstar! and I loved Sims Castaway and The Sims Urbz as a child too. Now I'm older me and my partner play it together, he loves it too :) I didn't expect to see that more people who play the game are older then younger but it makes me feel better about playing it at my age lol

Girl, if only I could be as young as you are! Don't be mislead by stats showing a lot more "older" folks on this forum. Seems the younger folk are using other social media platforms these days.

So the good news is that there are a lot more younger folks playing sims then most folks realize. The sad news, imo, is that the franchise has really gone downhill since the release of 4. :'(

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 3,065 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Ha! That’s funny. I actually aged down since the last time I was here.
    That number in the corner? Doesn’t apply to me anymore. Please ignore. 😇
    Werebeasts-v02.jpg
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 21 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    This thread made me feel better about myself, since I thought I was to old to play, being nearly 20. I guess every age is the right age for Sims!
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 45 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I’m 35 and Sims 4 is the first Sims game that got me really invested. When I was in middle school my BFF introduced me (tried) to Sims 2 and then later Sims 3 and even gifted me few packs, but at that time I was in love with Max Payne or Diablo type of games so she could as well talk to the wall, lol. Also I just never really liked 2 and 3, gameplay wise and how sims looked. It just felt very awkward to me although I loved burglars, they always stole my toilet when my sim was barely starting and out of money. But The Sims 4 is by far my favorite game. Also the fact that it’s available on console played a part, as I really dislike playing on PC.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 239 Member
    edited September 12
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 38, so I'll "age up" from the 20-39 group fairly soon. I played Sims 1 soon after release, first at a friend's house before I got the game myself. Games have become a favorite antidote for pandemic-related stresses at our house, and earlier this year I bought Sims 3 and 4. So, after a two-decade hiatus, I'm back. My daughter has become a fan. My wife played Sims 1 and 2 when she was a teenager, and she's now occasionally providing "commentary" when she sees her husband and child having Sims fun together.
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 45 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 26 and have been playing The Sims series in all its iterations for 20 years now.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 4,030 Member
    edited September 12
    20-39 Years of Age
    I realized i never specified soo 24 this year :sweat_smile:

Have been playing since ts1
    though obviously most of my sims 1 play was done over sisters shoulder annoying the heck out of her :lol:

but i still fondly remember when The Sims Makin' Magic was released and I begged my parents to get it cause it was so cool :blush: it still is tbh. nothing has quite impressed me so since

I also played sims on ps2 but only ts1,2 and urbz

some of my friends had castaway and bustin' out but i didn't have them so memory is hazy on those

sims 2 I did have all eps as well but i've lost them to time and mysterious circumstances

(conspiracy theorists have any ideas? besides me being too nice to classmates that also wanted to play eh?)

but i think i especially was really into nightlife and apartment life with mix of freetime...actually i was really into all of it why am i trying to pick :lol:

and for some reason i recall i was very intriqued by mansion and garden sp... cannot tell why :lol: maybe mental image was strong in that one... ah yes the purple font background... so tempting..

Sims 3 ... first reaction was so good but man was i disappointed throughly with so many things well maybe also because i was mid extreme emo phase :sweat_smile:

and maybe cause i couldn't really get most of the things i wanted due to the store thingy and not really having payment methods for it anyway

I did however really like World Adventures and Showtime and i was excited when pets came with horses

cause i coincidentally was also bit of a horse gal....don't ask what this weird country mix of phases is...

then later sims 4 came along
    the start was not very good
    but I was very excited for vampires and i recall wanting seasons so bad because worlds just felt very static before that

i remember i even found mod to add fall in windenburg and i was all hyped with the leaves falling :lol: easily impressed ain't I huh.

still i couldn't imagine I would have continued to play for long if not for seasons and vampires its just essential to have some occult and spooky weather effects

oh and i begged for ladders for a long long time since release cause i always used them in sims 3 cause i couldn't bother trying to fit stairs in a house :lol: glad we have them now

same wishlist also had couple dancing and dragons... still waiting on those huh....

Perhaps all I ever wanted was Sims1 with Makin' Magic to be back
    670px-The_sims_makin_magic_wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg
    1277977836_mm.jpg

okay wow that turned out to be simmers biography if someone read it hope you had fun :lol: