Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

story progression in other towns

when you move hometown using nraas traveler, do old hometowns still story progress?
because i went back and one of our family had had another child!?

also is sims 3 forums dead or am i just in the wrong place.. :'( or have u all moved onto sims 4... :s
tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello 👋. I still play Sims 3 but often forget to post in Sims 3 threads. I never use story progression. I prefer to control the events. I hope someone can help you. 🤞
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I want to say yes, but I’m not completely sure.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2021
    The game is only capable of simulating one world at a time. While World A is the actively being played world, whether it is a homeworld that has been moved or Traveler mod transitioned to or the game is in vacation or Uni term mode, absolutely nothing happens in World B. It can't, World B (and C, etc.) remains frozen in time.

Whether sims in World B will age or not at the same rate as those in World A or whether their ages will also remain frozen is up to the Traveler mod and how it is set to handle foreign world aging. The settings for what happens in worlds other than A are all within World A, NRaas > Traveler > Ageless Foreign Sims > True/False by foreign world. That's on City Hall or in-game computers for worlds that have City Halls, Base Camp map tag for worlds that do not have a City Hall. And that's only for homeworld play in World A, not when vacation mode is engaged as when sims are on vacations or uni terms, no aging happens anywhere.

Changes to sims in foreign worlds that may be staged to happen such as age-ups (if allowed) or things we may have done with them when they are tourists and guests in World A such as by the Register mod tourism or our sims having invited them for a visit are all held pending in the TravelDB file until such time as World B and its sims are simulated again. Then the sims there begin catching up to these pending changes. But none of that is really progression.

The Traveler mod also has a setting for Traveler > Perform Travel Actions > True/False. The default is True. What this does is push story progression-like actions onto the previously frozen in time sims once that world is simulated again, such as by visiting or moving there, to give the illusion that these sims have actually done some progression related activities in the meantime, while the player and active gameplay was not there. How jarring the impact of this setting is will depend on how long (a few sim days? several generations or something in between?) it has been since that world was last simulated fully.
    also is sims 3 forums dead or am i just in the wrong place.. :'( or have u all moved onto sims 4... :s
    This is the Tech Issues section of the TS3 side of the forum. It has not really been a hotbed of activity since TS4 was released coming up on seven years ago now, the General Discussion TS3 board is and always has been livelier. I wouldn't go as far as to say that no one is here or watching this board, though.

But this is also a self-fulfilling prophecy. If players believe that no one is here and stop posting, then those of us who are still around trying and willing to help other players will stop checking for posts and truly no one will be here. But there are times (like for me right now!) where those of us "still here" are extremely busy doing other real life things and don't have the time to devote to forum board posting that we perhaps used to.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Siiiiiiiiiimss3Siiiiiiiiiimss3 Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2021
    Thank you all

@igazor, you are very clever and always have been , I appreciate your time and help
    tumblr_nsogqlwU6T1ti4ywro1_540.png
    I cannot choose only 5 traits, so here's 23..
    LovestheCold,Brooding,Insane,Daredevil,Loner,FamilyOriented,Neurotic,ComputerWhiz,Ambitious,Clumsy,Shy,Slob,SociallyAwkward,GoodSenseofHumour,HotHeaded,OverEmotional,Nurturing,Perceptive,HopelessRomantic,Perfectionist,HeavySleeper,DogPersonandFrugal!