Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant notifications for likes/dislikes?

I'm a bit confused. My sim went to the gym and was working out and every single second I would get a notification for each townie asking if I wanted them to like/dislike rock-climbing or fitness. I'm so confused shouldn't' the pop ups only come for your active household? Why do I need to make a decision for every single sim in my world????? I want to sit down relax and play I don't want to micro manage every fricken sim in the world. Is this a bug??

Comments

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Do you play rotationally? I've only received these notifications for the households that I've actually played, even if I'm not playing them currently. If not, then I think it must be a bug.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Do you play rotationally? I've only received these notifications for the households that I've actually played, even if I'm not playing them currently. If not, then I think it must be a bug.

No I don't but I did try filling in empty houses with random families I created.. Is that why and will I keep getting notifications for them ALL??
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2021
    sam123 wrote: »

No I don't but I did try filling in empty houses with random families I created.. Is that why and will I keep getting notifications for them ALL??

If you didn't give them likes or dislikes that may be it. It isn't happening in my game.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Well, I think I'm right in saying that the game considers that to be a played household. Sorry, It must be really annoying.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member

@sam123 those random families are probably still marked "played" from when you created the families and moved them in-- you could mark them "unplayed" and see if the issue goes away.
  • Options

@sam123 those random families are probably still marked "played" from when you created the families and moved them in-- you could mark them "unplayed" and see if the issue goes away.

Oh thanks! Do you know how I do that? Is it in the manage households seciton?
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes, it's in the Manage Households section.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

That's not it, at least for me. I get notifications for almost every sim in the game — and I have only a few played families.
    That sims may be in “favorites” tab though, but I got a pop-up for Dina Caliente and I doubt very much I'd favorited her.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had a popup yesterday for a sim that I was not currently playing. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand it's a good way to get likes & dislikes for my sims before I play their households next but on the other hand I worry that it could get a it much with over 36 played households in my save.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    It's happening with random (unplayed) townies as well as off-the-lot played sims for me :/ So definitely not just a played families problem. I got a "likes fitness?" pop-up for one of the random generated townies who were currently jogging around my neighborhood...Hopefully they fix this soon. These pop-ups are gonna become as annoying as phone calls if not...
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi Everyone

If you don't mind using mods @83bienchen has made a couple mods for this issue..scroll close to the bottom of the page..

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-patch/p11
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

If you don't mind using mods @83bienchen has made a couple mods for this issue..scroll close to the bottom of the page..

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-patch/p11

Thank you!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    last night I was surprised to receive pop ups about linking fishing from a random sim in the game. I would like an optionto turn it off .
    crinrict wrote: »
    Thank you for the link. I clicked the me too button.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. I played the game the other day and in about 10 minutes of gameplay I had about 6-7 notifications. I play rotational but have a lot of sims. It seems very excessive. I think the pop ups should be for the household you are playing.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    I got a pop up too about the likes and dislikes but I believe I only got the notification once. It happened when one of my other played households stopped by the house of my sim that I was actively playing at the moment. My played household sim started to randomly do exercises and that's when I was prompted to either have her like fitness or not. I played for several real time hours and that was the only pop up I received. It seems to be that players only get the notification when their played household sim is in the area and doing something that triggers the like or dislike. I didn't receive any other pop ups from random, unplayed sims.
  • Options
    Yeah I marked unplayed but still got it and I'm getting it for random townies too.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @somewhsome

You are welcome I haven't tried it yet but I am sure coming from a creator such a 83bienchen it will work perfectly as intended.. :)
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I get notifications for almost every sim in the game — and I have only a few played families.
    That sims may be in “favorites” tab though, but I got a pop-up for Dina Caliente and I doubt very much I'd favorited her.

Same, that's why I had to come in here and search for this topic to see what I can do about it, because it's definitely peeving me off! I'm only interested in notifications for the active family that I'm playing (I'd just as soon not have the notifications at all, tbh). I can see there are some hints above regarding settings and mods, so I will go and have a good look at everything.

Thanks everyone.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    Just experienced this for the first time last night. It was very distracting and annoying.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I'm happy @SimGuruJill addressed it. Let's hope it's fixed soon :smile:
    he/him
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've been getting them for my sims only, even the ones in my rotation that I'm not currently playing.

PS. I want farting as a like.