Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Karababy52 So this is happening in my game too actually. I just didn't think much of it since I got busy focusing on other things in my game, but weeks after solving the mystery, there are still plants around and a cloud over the lab as well. I've never had a sim stay in Strangerville after the mystery so I guess it didn't even register to me that this was a bug so I just ignored it. There's probably even been some of those strange plants in my screenshots too without me even thinking about it haha. So it definitely seems like this might be a wide spread bug - @Skeilah, since you solved the mystery already too, is this happening in your game too? It is really frustrating to find a bug like this and find out that it's been happening for two years without talk of fixing it though :( Anyway, I hope you have a great time at your grandson's birthday though!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    And now for some comments!

@IllusoryThrall -
    Secret computer - Nice that Myles is now in a club with Alexander Goth, and Marnie has a secret computer and is writing a book. The shot of Benji looking at the gnome on Harvestfest is a good one. And of course, the nekkid gnome causes the most problems for poor Jaz (struck by lightning), Myles (and also struck by lightning),,,but not Bennie, who appeases it. Figures lol

Benny's Big Meeting - Marnie's handiness skill must be maxed with all the repairs she does around the house. And Bennie is late for work. oh geez! But he has news...and the family is gathered together...rare...and then spills the beans about a house he bought at auction. And Marnie actually is happy with his news later that night. Benji sees the suit of armor outside the store and is already plotting ways of cashing in on the find because he wants no part of his family moving to this "new" house in Oasis Springs. I have this awful feeling about this "new" house.

The Disaster - So nice that Jaz has a BFF now in Colin. That is sweet. And the new house in Oasis Springs lol Yes, you did a great job of destroying it. I love all that clutter from the Eco-Living pack. It looks like they do need some kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures for sure. I got a chuckle when I saw the railway tracks in the backyard. Such a nice view! lol So, Benji has finally graduated and is going to be heading off to the city with Shaylee and some friends. Good luck to Benji. Maybe he'll find some happiness there.

@permanentrose -
    House Tour - Looks like you got the Courtyard Oasis Kit. So perfect for Oasis Springs. The house outside in Oasis Springs is gorgeous. And I agree, I love the pool area with the waterfall. Overall, a really gorgeous house. When I read the "baby room", I was like...what? baby room? and then realized it was Ruby's. Had me going there. hehehe And so nice to be beside Kristine's family. And what a nice shot of Bryon, Naoki, Randi, Kristine, Alex and Audrey. Sweet pic. And they are in a huge house, too! I love that pic of Emmett, Jules and Ruby walking home together. Jules deserves some happiness.

Day 126 - Gorgeous, gorgeous shot of the waterfall in Strangerville. I actually love the Scout career and Ruby looks really good in her scout uniform. And now Kristine and Ruby are BFF's. Nice! Cute pic of Ruby and Kristine which Ruby's front teeth missing! lol I have a first grade pic in rl like that! hehehe And Emmett got a promotion, and he does look great in his uniform! And he got a new job in Oasis Springs...nice tie-in for the next month.

@sassytxbrat - May 28 -
    Great work on getting most of the toddlers to topnotch toddler. And the schedule. lol So, Mia will officially become a teen on June 1st. Yeah Mia! Funny shot at the end of the levitating child...a future Spellcaster no doubt! lol Congrats to Skye for getting a promotion in her career. Gah! All these toddlers!

May 27 - Interesting note about watching each other to build the thinking skill. I didn't that, and that is one of the hardest skills for toddlers to get. All these toddlers making messes and just collapsing...exhausting!

May 26 - looks like a busy day for the family. And more mess making. Ugh! It seems all they do is clean, clean, clean.

@miss_eulenauge - Update 23 -
    An exciting Winterfest and just when you think everything is perfect, the tree explodes into a fire! lol Oh gosh! But luckily they get a replacement tree and it is gorgeous. Nice work on the decorating. Nice to see all the family members and they invite Greg's friend over, too, for the festive feast. I haven't had Winterfest in my game as yet because I accidentally deleted all the holidays when I switched the challenge days, so I actually have to recreate them, which I did for Harvestfest - without those annoying gnomes (I figured that in my story Sakura and Wolfgang have enough problems without having to battle gnomes, too - I might add them later on, though). And now Skye and Greg have aged up and what a way to celebrate! lol Yes, we know that there's another nooboo on the way...hehehe

Update 22 - Such a fun dress-up day. Really like the cover shot. And I see some frozen bodies outside...is it just Sofia who always gets the frostbite syndrome?

@Karababy52 - Day 27 -
    What a great team to defeat the mother plant. I was worried a few times, especially when Melody was nearly attacked, but then Damon saved her - good going Damon. And of course they have confetti in their pockets! lol Congrats to Essa for completing the challenge and becoming the Hero of Strangerville. I guess that Damon has now redeemed himself in Essa and Josh's eyes (well Josh still wants to beat him up lol), but all seems to be good now. And of course Josh and Essa have to celebrate their victory - teehee - woohoo in a tent. Yeah! I think the amount of woohoos they do will equal the amount of days the challenge will be played! lol These two! Yeah, so happy that the mother is now gone...she was scary at some points. Ugh! Creepy.

Day 26 - Love the shot of Essa throwing the vaccine on Damon right after he took a shower! hehehe! Oh, he is mad! And Melody and Damon are watching Frank tell jokes and finally Damon is amused. Yes! Now Essa has her team together and it's time to go and fight the mother! Very creepy going along the corridor together, but some funny shots of speedy Damon going ahead and then doing push ups and whatnot waiting for them. I'm nervous for them, but it's wonderful that Josh has faith in Essa and he is going to lead them in the fight! Yes!

@LegacySims2017 -
    Day 21 - Love that Duane comes by and checks on Jackson. And they explored the cave, although Jackson didn't have much luck in there. Nice start to the collection, and thanks to Duane for telling him about the vendor who could sell the shells. Jackson's little beach place is looking nice, and what a nice pic of Jackson in his lifeguard outfit.

Day 20 - Too bad that Jackson is not very good at fishing, but hey, he caught a log, which he turned into a seat around his firepit (like that idea). And nice that he has a buddy - Robby - to keep him company. I see Jackson possibly going into robotics when he hits uni. At least it could happen and this is where he got his start from. RIght?

@Skeilah -
    Forgive me for not commenting on the wedding we've all been waiting for. I did read it and it was great. I think I did comment on the pre-wedding with the horses, because I thought that was so great. And now, finally, commenting on the wedding itself. Yes! The kids' walk down the aisle with the baskets....so cute...I know it's a pose pack, cc...but I really loved it. Alex, Audrey, Kristine, and also Ruby look so wonderful for the wedding. The pic of Randi and Bryon together walking down the aisle...ahhh....so priceless. And doesn't Naoki look so handsome standing there...and tall! Whoa! I thought Bryon was tall, but Naoki! Wow! And Randi has to make a gushing speech before the nupitals begin. Ok, Randi, save it for the reception. And then...they are married. Congrats to Bryon and Naoki! And then the cute pics of the kids. Alex and Audrey on the rock and Alex giving Audrey a kiss on the cheek - that is very sweet. And Ruby and Kristine...what mischief makers...lol I can't believe how many sims were at this wedding! So many!

And now the reception - Loved seeing all the challenge sims. And I had forgotten about that outfit I created for Sakura! lol Love that there is also a kid's table. And the cake cutting, and they are nice and feed each other a piece. So sweet. :) And Paolo has blue hair...must have done that to show who's side of the family he is on! lol And then the first dance.....so romantic. And then Jules has to take center stage on the dance floor...ooops! lol Really, really loved this wedding and reception. I can tell it took a lot of work, and it was so worth it. Congrats again to the happy couple!

@Skeilah - Day 27
    Bryon knitting in the middle of summer...funny...but he is getting them all ready for winter, so good work Bryon. I had started on that aspiration, too, but have unsuccessfully gifted 2 gifts, and don't want to give my legendary ones just yet. Sakura will be knitting again after uni, I am sure. It's nice to just have a regular update. Sometimes the ideas we have for updates take time to "stage" and it can be exhausting. I am for the de-stress post of the day! Yeah!

Day 26 - Congrats to Bryon for completing the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration! And I am glad that Bryon had a talk with Naoki about how he was feeling inferior to Naoki. Glad Naoki is sticking by Bryon and gives him some time to think about things. That is what a good relationship is all about. Feel so sad, though, about how Bryon was feeling like he was a dog who lived in a shed. ;(

@Ellupelluellu
    What a beautiful photo for Day 13 - well, beautiful but deadly. I guess when they open that lab door, the change begins. All of the photos look really great, and there is Melody colleting the spores. And Malcolm and Melody are still in single beds lol
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7 Thank you!
    Re "frostbite Syndrome" - Miles had it once and Sarah had it once, but that was my fault, as both of these times, I commanded them to go outside in unsuitable clothing :D
    Sophia? Four times so far, I think, in the last 3 days... No matter whether I controlled her or not.
    I really had fun with Winterfest, it was my first ingame one. Bummer about the holidays in your save!
    Also, just in case I wasn't loud enough last time -
    WOLFIE TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL AND THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT BABY!!!!!!!!
    Ahem. Sorry. It's a great story, just... my loving heart... :'(:smiley:
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @SoulGal7 all they did was clean. I have know idea why that house got so dirty so fast. There was too much reality in that aspect LOL.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    Update 148 - Date Night

tPQj7kC.jpg
    So I never actually finished the Serial Romantic aspiration. Jules still has to earn gold on 3 dates, and today was the Night on the Town holiday, so it made sense to send Jules and Emmett on a date. One down, two to go :)

--
    Well, of course it was necessary to arrange some childcare for Ruby before heading out on their date. Ruby was very excited to see Nikki, her old nanny, who had agreed to babysit. (I know kids can be left alone, but it just didn't seem like a responsible choice as far as storytelling goes haha)
    QEZhFNf.png
    6CyU7EC.png

Jules and Emmett came down shortly after, looking sharp for their date. "Do you want me to get some photos of you two before you head out?" Nikki asked them, so they went out by the edge of the plateau and got some nice photos together. (daily pic)
    SQrYMe9.jpg

"Be good for Miss Nikki," Jules told Ruby as they headed out to the local bar for their date.
    0Xgp2bw.jpg

Nikki and Ruby ordered a Pizza.
    ok3v0q5.jpg
    0Wve5Sv.png

And they watched a movie together as they enjoyed a dinner of pizza and popcorn.
    ytNKVnJ.png
    PLM3IEW.png

Meanwhile, Jules and Emmett arrived at 8 Bells Saloon, and got some drinks of the flaming variety.
    Aj0mO33.jpg

And they decided to dance a bit before ordering food, and the level of goofiness in this photo made me chuckle. I love these guys <3

"The saying goes, dance like no one is watching, right? Well, I hope no one is actually watching us right now..." :D
    gJ9KE9p.jpg

Let's get this flirty atmosphere going so we can this date rolling...
    Xh3ivJO.jpg

Then, they ordered some food from the bar and found a place to sit.
    0Reugj7.jpg

While they ate, Emmett spoke to Jules about an idea he'd been considering. "Since my job doesn't start for a bit, and Ruby is going to spend some time with Mario for her spring break anyway, I thought it might be nice for us to take a vacation together while we have the time. We can get all of our things moved into the new house and then just have a little getaway together for the two of us. I've been looking at some rentals in Selvadorada, and it seems like a great place to explore this time of year. There's a lot of fun hiking trails and ancient ruins to see as well, which I thought we'd both enjoy."

Jules thought it was a great idea. It would be nice to have a trip for just the two of them as well. So they agreed they'd start making official plans to book their trip.

Um, Nikki, aren't you supposed to be home watching the kid? :D So annoying when the game does this lol - I like to pretend that Nikki is a good nanny/babysitter for my story, but she did try to kidnap Ruby once as a toddler and now this...she needs to get her act together.
    feVSRIR.jpg

And they earned gold on their date, of course :)
    MET3oot.jpg

--
    So I decided I wanted to do Jungle Adventure during this month just so I can have some aspirations to guide my gameplay a bit. Not sure how long they'll spend there yet, and I might have them do more than one trip just to break things up a bit this month. Not quite sure yet, but since there are two aspirations with that pack, I'll have to see how quickly they go and what makes sense for my story. So yeah, that's my plan for next month. I'll be enjoying my Courtyard Oasis house and also some jungle fun :)

• miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    This time around - thank you so much to @Skeilah for allowing me to get half her save, it feels like.
    I did intend for this to be one update with the previous one, but decided to split it in half just to catch up. With the additional hour or two -per post!- I have to spend on Imgur since that bug, I just can't seem to catch up, and I think it would be good to "save" a post.

The characters of her StrangerVille mystery are all Adults now in my save (at least the disguises, the Aliens don't really age, I feel like). They have been re-dressed and relocated to compensate for missing packs, and will hopefully have a fun time here in my save :smiley:
    Also, just to keep in mind - I do not own Get to Work, and I do not have any mods to mimic features of Get to Work. So we will not see Alien suits, or Alien bassinnettes, or special Alien abilities, or all that. But there *is* a blue skintone in CAS... ;)
    Now... Have fun!
    last update | Overview post&rules
    Update 25- Bridgeview

5XdtyUC.png

Sarahs Noelles Diary
    lavPVSv.png
    The City of Oasis Springs has recently gained some new residents:
    Noelle and Erwin Pries.

Hi, I'm Noelle. I am an established astronaut. Also, I'm consulting with the SimWorld Government on political relations between Humans and Aliens, but this isn't really public knowledge. My husband Erwin is developing new technologies, like Drones, and always like to visit cities and collect stuff. I have to say, I'm glad that the house we got from the government has so much shelving! :D
    We are expecting a child right now, which we are thrilled about.
    dcgPVKO.png
    5XdtyUC.png
    Oh yeah - I might have forgot to mention... I'm an Alien. Nowadays I usually wear my disguise because of the sensitive nature of my work. Also, Aliens and Humans might have a treaty, but seeing an Alien is still rare, and I don't want to always attract so much Attention.
    Erwin can show you around the house while I have to go to space for work, and then we will go and visit a friend.
    By the way - the house appears in the builder's catalouge as "Humpty Dumpty House", or under the hashtag #thrallshell3. Someone called Noctuara apparently sent it in for a building competition by the well-known IllusoryThrall, and I have to say, it's perfect for the two of us! Of course, we had it modified a bit - relocated the Living Room and some walls to be able to have a kids room. And the government redid the back yard to be able to fit a kid's area, a telescope and a rocket. What can I say - these are the times when I really like my job... No need to be shy when you aren't under Building regulations anymore, right? ;)
    5fHrxzm.png
    mo8NZzR.png
    FzSExxu.png
    jKuHgdH.png
    8pTUxIZ.png
    BznEuga.png
    KmERSPw.png
    FoKOB6L.png
    iFtf1Bn.png
    rAwW4MD.png
    bYp1ZIa.png
    vHdAfco.png
    fdthuBX.png
    f2O9ZHh.png
    It doesn't have an open floorplan, so the photos were a bit difficult, but for us it's perfect.
    hIxAlNH.png
    I'm back! Just let me say goodbye to Erwin...
    lPLzB8m.png
    That's better. We're both so relieved after every space mission - I'm working hard to make them as safe as possible, but there will always be a risk.
    cCSlud7.png
    This is my friend, Dr. Skeilah C. She's a greatly respected doctor, and has recently gained her license as psychological therapist. As she said to me, she just felt like it made sense for her. Aside from that, she's an incredibly nice, open human and my best friend. Ever since that Stranger Ville plot where some of my colleagues had captured Naoki, another friend of us, we've been close... Ah, the old times.
    Just as a reminder: Skeilahs Simself may get a bit of a prominent role here, but while I'm trying to stay true to actual Skeilah's character, there will be deviations for the point of the story.
    2Za0h3t.png
    "Now, let me take a look at you. How's the baby? How are you?"
    Oh, I'm feeling great. Later today, we'll go to our ultrasound appointment, so I can only stay a little bit. But I wanted them to meet you.
    "Them? Who's them? the watcher's friends? Oh, ok. Hi to everyone!
    Now, how's Erwin? Is there any Crystal he hasn't put on your shelves yet? "
    Well... I don't think so. At least it's Crystals, not slimy earthworms! :D
    Hey, gotta go, the appointment!
    ZtCgFjs.png
    The baby is perfectly healthy. They weren't able to tell me whether she'd inherit any abilities or looks from me, but's she's healthy. Our perfect little girl!
    I'm exhausted though, I might go and lie down. As happy as I am that it isn't cold here, somestimes the sun is just too much...
    Bye people, see you sometime soon!

Characters, Lot, Gallery
    Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is an adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a teenager already. She continues to prefer doing things alone, mostly being outside gardening.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a teenager as well. He likes being outdoors at the river catching some fish, or taking a nap to recover after all the work fishing is.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a child already. His fun-loving personality is overshadowed by some gloom, and he aims to uncover the secrets of simkind at his science table.
    • Connor Britton - The fourthborn. He is a toddler at the moment, and is a very wild child full of energy.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Schedule (subject to change)
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    May 28
    PQK9RWe.png

Bryons Diary
    o2rUuew.png
    I was feeling a lot better the next morning. Having these few days to set my mind for what’s to come do me really good. I felt so good that I gave Naoki lots of love on our morning workout.

1s9KY1z.png
    (Naoki) “You’re doing so great! I’ll have to keep up with you, or else I’m not the strongest one in this relationship anymore! I’ll be outside in the backyard observatory until I have to leave for work. Have a nice day off with the kids!”

He gave me a kiss and then went out.

Zo4cZsR.png
    I decided to go to the kids’ room myself and knitted while watching the toddlers sleep.

ACIwxFR.png
    (Bryon) “I’m getting so good at this… For real.”

(This is when I noticed the Lottery)

2wSnEyL.png
    (Of course, Bryon and Naoki bought a ticket. Let's test their luck. Probably Sakura will win with Mayor Whiskers in her household, lol)

LMTFdEj.png
    At one point, Audrey woke up.

(Bryon) “Hey, good morning, little one.”
    (Audrey) “Good mawning, daddy.”

Fd0kHhj.png
    Audrey went to sit in front of me and started playing with the blocks.

eoil0to.png
    Roo came to say hi.

hmxNmkl.png

And not much later, Alex also woke up.

(Bryon) “So, who wants breakfast?”
    (Audrey&Alex) “Me!!!”

TAFNF6e.png
    After taking care of the kids, playing with them a bit and stuff, I decided to pay Erwin a visit, who was just about to open his ‘store’. Is he still running that thing? Ah well, whatever he likes, right?

(Erwin) “Bryon! To what do I own this visit?”

46sMLf3.png
    (Bryon) “I just wanted to give you this. It’s a kid sweater, but I thought you would love it, although you would never really fit in it.”
    (Erwin) “Ohh, thank you!”

cxOemm9.png
    (Erwin) “It’s really cute! Hahaha, I never thought I would ever receive a gift from someone. Thank you, really. Now I have to open my store.”

l6TiuDZ.png
    (Erwin) “Buy one item and get one for free!!!”
    (Bryon) “Good luck with your store. Have a nice day!!”
    (Erwin) “You toooo!”

qelt8R3.png
    As I walked back home, Naoki came home too.

(Bryon) “Ah, perfect timing!!”
    (Naoki) “Oh?”

bY4P80f.png
    (Bryon) “I got a gift for you!!”
    (Naoki) “A gift for me?”
    (Bryon) “Yes! You know that blue sweater I showed you yesterday? I made a red one for you!”

sLCfEFS.png
    (Naoki) “You did that?! Oh, thank you!!! Can we wear it together and make a picture? Pleaseeeee???”
    (Bryon) “Hahah, sure, we can do that.”

- Daily picture -
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    May 29
    SkfmcR5.png

Bryons Diary
    mJTvaIH.png
    (Let’s tackle the rest of that knitting aspiration! Since Bryon doesn’t have a lot of needs because of bought traits, I made him do some all-nighters lol)

(Also, don't mind Rene in the household. He's just there because I'm too lazy to move him out, but you have to pretend that he's not there)

7b11bcn.png
    I knitted all night long. Before I knew it, the sun came up again and Audrey was sitting next to me.

(Bryon) “Oh, is it this late already? Do you want food?”
    (Audrey) “Yes!”

91PoTkl.png
    (Bryon didn’t get any further in that flarn aspiration, although he’s been knitting the entire night. Ughhhhh)

3HjfyCV.png1PHJdQm.png
    Nor Naoki, nor me had any luck in the lottery, but on the other side, I got a promotion!

4KnaQW4.png
    The promotion gave me new motivation to knit, and it’s always nice to have some company next to you.

iW0mgGg.png
    Eventually I got advanced enough to make Audrey and Alex a onesie.

(Alex) “New onesieeeee!!!”
    (Roo) “Meow.”

tVy5L52.png
    (Luckily Bryon didn’t see this)

j6p8hH1.png
    It’s getting pretty busy downstairs. The kids are tired, and they want to go to bed, but I really wanted to finish that knittable... And I'm glad I did, because it turned out to be an excellent one!

(Bryon) “Okay, daddy is ready with his project. Time for bed!!”

The next day

rWYGEKQ.png
    I just came home from work and noticed that mail was delivered.

qnWlpwr.png
    (Bryon) “Oh, what’s that? Fan mail?”
    (Inside the fan mail was a foul wolf eel, two lumps of clay and two future cubes. I sold them all)

At the same time as I'm checking the fan mail, Johnny runs over.

(Johnny) “Bryon!!! Look what I found!!”

x01KI3q.png
    (Johnny wanted to give a special gift)

(Bryon) “What did you find?”
    (Johnny) “This! The crafted guitar I gifted you back in Windenburg!! Do you still remember it?!”

I took a look at the ugly thing.

(Bryon) “Yeah, I still remember it. But why do you have it now?”
    (Johnny) “No idea either. Maybe I took it with me when we went to live with Eliza and Marcus?”
    (Bryon) “Hmm.. Maybe. Well, thank you for returning it.”

ZrnjEHY.png
    And that’s how this thing ended up standing in the living room again, lol. Johnny stayed a while, but in the meantime, I continued knitting.

ujQbvcG.png
    He talked a lot with Audrey, and that resulted in Audrey being able to talk full sentences now.

dePXvLl.png
    When Naoki came home, Johnny was already gone. He played with Alex for a while, but he suddenly had to go potty. Naoki took care of that.

erJjMJ2.png
    When I finally knitted another excellent knittable, I rewarded myself with some playtime too. If Naoki can play dolls, I can do it too.

kdDkAOD.png
    After a small playing dolls session, it was time for the toddlers to sleep. Then I remembered myself that it was almost Sunday. The day that we'll be going to Naoki's family is getting closer and closer... I just hope it all goes well.

(Bryon) "Okay, back to knitting before I start thinking too much. There's still a lot to knit."
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 29: "You're a shining star, no matter who you are. Shining bright to see, what you can truly be!"

ToP4c4l.png

Notes
    7nSXL7H.png
    A week later, Josh and Essa are having a chat with Frank about how his acting and comedy routines are coming along.
    "I.am.learning.but.would.improve.more.efficiently.with.additional.data.from.an.acting.coach.or.professional.comedian."
    "Hmm, yeah, I guess that would help you. Or I could give you an acting enhancement upgrade."
    "I'll let you and Josh talk about that Frank. He knows more about robotics than I do. I need to go into town for a bit. I'll be back in awhile. See you later Babe."
    "You.are.correct.I.will.discuss.my.improvement.upgrades.with.my.creator.while.you.are.in.town.However.I.am.a.robot.not.an.infant.Your.information.is.incorrect."
    "I was talking to Josh, your creator Frank. It's a nickname or term of endearment for him."
    "I.understand.now.thank.you.Essa."
    "You're welcome Frank."

Essa left to visit Erwin. They had some leftover items from their battle with the Mother she thought he might like to buy from her to sell in his booth. Or she might just give them to him since he was so helpful in getting them the hazmat suits.

tXxLPRS.png
    "An.acting.or.comedy.enhancement.download.would.be.helpful.My.data.indicates.lessons.in.person.would.be.the.most.efficient.Is.this.an.agreeable.request?"

UQBURAF.png
    "It would be Frank, except there are no actors in StrangerVille and no comedians either. You would have to travel somewhere far away from here to get that kind of help. We could send you somewhere. But you would be on your own without anyone to give you the proper upgrades that you need. You are not fully enhanced yet."
    "When.my.enhancements.are.complete.I.would.like.to.go.Is.this.arrangement.agreeable.to.you.my.creator?"
    "We'll talk about that when the time comes, okay?"
    "Affirmative.Thank.you.I.am.excited."

BBL2Rjj.png
    Erwin was very happy and excited with the items Essa ended up just giving to him instead of selling them. He enthusiastically thanked her with a hug and then another customer walked up to his booth. Essa bid him goodbye and walked across the street to the 8 Bells Bar. She had skipped lunch and was very hungry. The smell of french fries wafting from there had her mouth watering.

She stepped inside and asked for an order from the bartender. (Hello Jules!) The girl plopped own her order with a bland look on her face. She looked in a hurry to get out of there or something. A few minutes later, another bartender stepped around the bar to take her place.

As the first bartender began to walk away, someone behind Essa yelled out, "Hey! It's you! You're the Hero of StrangerVille, right?"

g9taOmd.png
    The girl whipped around with a surprised and excited look on her face, staring at Essa.

"Oh My God! It's you! I waited on you. You don't have to pay, no way." She took out tip money from her apron and paid Essa's tab herself.

She grabbed the money Essa had put on the bartop and thrust it toward Essa and asked for her autograph. Essa smiled and graciously agreed.

"Oh thank you, thank you so much! Not just for the autograph, but for what you did! My husband's not going to believe this!" She then smiled again, and left the bar.

rQG40qy.png
    When Essa returned home, she walked out into the side yard and stood staring at the bizarre plants that were still thriving near their property and the strange cloud above the crater where the Lab lay. Why weren't they gone? The Mother was dead, she had no power anymore, right? So what were these things still doing here? It made no sense.

ewuMS3v.png
    "AHHHHHH!! GO AWAY! YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD! SHE'S NOT COMING BACK! JUST DIE ALREADY!" Essa screamed.

298QYyR.png
    (Why? Why? Why? What was the point in killing the Mother if these things are still going to be here? Was it all a waste of time? We risked our lives and for what? I can't take it anymore. Seeing these every day is just so frustrating and sad. It makes me feel like a failure. I have to talk to Josh.)

AH41dGi.png
    She found Josh in the basement making parts on his Robotics station needed to give Frank another enhancement upgrade.
    "Hey Babe, can I talk to you for a minute?"

alDK1hl.png
    "Sure Beautiful, what's up?"
    "Those bizarre plants are still hanging around, and that cloud over the crater too. Why? I don't get it. Do you have any idea?"

wdszLVt.png
    "No, I don't get it either. I'm sorry Beautiful. They should've died when the Mother did, and I don't know what's up with that cloud either. You're right, it makes no sense."

X02uHGN.png
    "I can't stand looking at them, it hurts, you know? Why did we even kill her if those are still hanging around. Maybe one of them will become the new Mother, maybe they can still infect people. What are we supposed to do? Just keep making vaccine forever? There's too many to inferniate too, and they just multiply that way. That's bad enough, but I keep getting hate mail too."
    "Hate mail? What? You never told me that?"
    "I didn't want to worry you. It's not all hate mail, but some of it is, and somebody keeps sending me rotten fish with a note saying, "Foul fish for a foul failure. Get out of Strangerville. You're a loser!"
    "Son of a....you're not a failure! You're a Hero!"

whYrHH2.png
    "Am I though, are any of us? Sure, we risked our lives to kill the Mother and made the vaccine to help those infected by her, but those plants are still here Josh. Most people are grateful, ask for my autograph, I get free food from the bar, which is nice, but we don't need free stuff, we have more than enough money to pay. Those people are rare though. Most of them keep giving me weird looks, or outright look aggressive. I don't know...I'm just not happy here anymore. I thought things would get better after we killed the Mother...but...it hasn't. Not really."
    "I have an idea!"

9EBj6ti.png
    "My duty here in StrangerVille is over. I'm getting a honorable discharge. So there's nothing keeping us here now."

zZfSy4f.png
    "Frank wants to improve his acting and comedy routine. He asked if he could go somewhere on his own to learn in person with someone."

FzV7hLS.png
    "I told him, he couldn't yet because he's not fully upgraded and needs someone to take care of him. But that we'd talk after he's complete. So...since neither one of us has to be here anymore and Frank wants to go, let's leave! Let someone else take care of the aftermath here and make more vaccine, figure out how to get rid of the cloud and stuff. We did our part, now it's time for someone else to step up to the plate. What do you think? Feel like moving again? Maybe to Del Sol Valley? We sure can afford to live there."

hagqasT.png
    "Seriously? You'd do that? For me, for Frank?"
    "Of course I would Beautiful. I'd do anything, go anywhere to make you happy. That's all I want, for you to be happy."

9tnKvEt.png
    "You are the most amazing man. I feel kind of selfish though for skipping out and letting someone else deal with all this."
    "Don't, you went above and beyond when nobody else would. You're a Hero Beautiful. Who knows, maybe someone in Simmywood will ask you to star in a movie or something."
    "A movie? Me? Acting?"
    "Why not? You've done a lot of other things you thought you could never do. Why not be an actress? It might be fun. Maybe I will too. We could be the next 'It' couple."

Tj5woLa.png
    "Well I don't know about that, who even knows if either one of us have any talent. But it does sound like fun to try. I love you so much Josh. Thank you! You're always so open to anything I ask. How did I get so lucky?"
    "I'm the lucky one, my fiancé, soon to be wife and Mother of our future children is the Hero of StrangerVille. It's time others learned what I've always known, you're special and you can do anything you put your mind to do."
    "You're going to give me a big head saying stuff like that."
    "Nah, you're humble and sweet too, that'll never happen."

cQyy1AK.png
    "Wow, so I guess we're moving again. Honestly, I'm getting used to this. It's fun traveling around, having all these adventures, learning new things, seeing new places. And I wouldn't want to do any of this without you by my side. That's the best part."
    "Definitely, you know I feel the same, I'll love you and be there helping you, protecting you wherever we go."
    "Shall we go tell Frank?"
    "Yeah, he's going to be one excited robot. I think he's in the gym practicing. Maybe we'll catch part of his routine."
    "Cool, let's go!"

SEUwQT0.png
    Frank was indeed doing a comedy routine when Essa and Josh found him. He agreed to tell them a couple of his jokes and asked for their critique.

"A.robot.walks.into.a.bar.The.bartender.asks.What.will.you.have?"
    "The.robot.says.Well.it.has.been.a.long.day.and.I.need.to.loosen.up.How.about.a.screwdriver?"

Essa and Josh both loved the joke, especially Josh. Frank's next joke had them both cracking up.

eJoq0nq.png
    "A.male.and.female.robot.agree.to.woo.hoo.The.male.robot asks.Does.this.feel.good?" The.female.robot.says.No.input.detected."
    "HAHAHA! That's hilarious Frank! You're really good at this!"
    "Oh man, I'm going to pee my pants!"
    "Do.not.do.that.Essa.the.bathroom.to.relieve.yourself.is.right.there."

aqbsSjB.png
    "Frank, we have some exciting news for you. We've decided to move. How would you like to go to Simmywood?"
    "There.are.many.acting.coaches.there.and.comedians.to.help.me.improve.I.approve.of.this.move.Thank.you!"
    "We thought you would like that idea."
    "Simmywood.here.we.come.I.am.happy.happy.happy.Frank.feels.like.singing.a.song."
    "Go ahead, maybe you'll be a famous singing robot too!"
    "Affirmative."

o2XZQAD.png
    One last look at Essa & Josh's StrangerVille neighborhood. Should look like a 'cleaner' landscape, but I guess it's still pretty with the rare desert snow falling. I'll be spending time setting up a new home for Essa, Josh and Frank the next few days. I'll post my progress as I did last month for the move to SV. At this late date, it might just be another Gallery download that I fix up for them. We'll see...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    sorry to hear about the bug at SV, I have noticed it too, now when you mentioned it. Great final battle! Loved your comments about Melody's dad :joy: And a tent woohoo!! :love: Naturally :p

And congrats to the one year old! :smiley:

ETA: Frank, is he entertaining Melody and Damon again? :p

@permanentrose ,
    Lovely date they had there <3 And that house looks great :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    Haha yes, still 2 single beds :) Now now, Wolfie better tell her, like NOW ! <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 22

jackson-05-22-03.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 22 (Sunday)

Jackson woke up in a good mood. Last night, his boss had given him another raise. He was slowly increasing his funds. He now had over 1,000 simoleons. Still he knew owning a place to live cost much more and he wasn’t sure how long it would take. He hoped he could have enough by the time he left high school.

Duane had told Jackson he wanted to show him other spots he could possibly find treasures besides digging in the sand. He told Jackson to meet him at his place around noon. They could have lunch and then go do more exploring. The morning was pretty chilly. The sky was cloudy and the water was a bit colder than normal as Jackson did his morning jog and swim. It looked like it could possibly rain out. After changing clothes, he sat down and talked with Robby who spun around and made noises in response.

Jackson (to Robby): “I hope it doesn’t downpour today. I do want to explore more to find more treasures. I wonder where Duane is taking me next. That cave was neat.”

Around 10am, it started to warm up, but it also started to rain. And it was a heavy rain. The warm rain did feel good, but getting soaked didn’t. Jackson texted Duane and asked if he could come over a bit early for which Duane didn’t mind. Jackson put Robby in the tent as he didn’t want him to short circuit.

The rain had lightened up by noon. Duane told Jackson that it’s monsoon season, so when it does rain, it can come and go all day and sometimes it could be bad. He took out his phone and showed Jackson some pictures.

Duane: “This is where we’re going today if we can. You can borrow my scuba gear and I’ll use Makoa’s.”

Jackson’s never scuba dived before. He was very interested. The light rain continued and Duane thought it was safe to out to the buoy that he showed Jackson on his phone. They ate lunch and then headed out to do some treasure hunting under the ocean waters. Luckily for Jackson, he was good at swimming. Duane gave him pointers about diving and told Jackson that when they dived, to follow him. Soon, the rain started to get harder as the two continued to search. Duane motioned that they needed to head back in. Thankfully Jackson was able to pull a few items before they had to call it quits.

The two also received a text message that they were closing the beaches because of the monsoon that was happening. They would get paid for the day, but were asked to stay home. Duane invited Jackson to stay over at his place for the night. He offered his bed once again to Jackson. Jackson couldn’t sleep much with the noise of the thunder and also he was concerned for his little robot, Robby.

Side Notes:
    • I cheated simoleons so Jackson could get the treasure tool. Then I changed the funds amount back to what he was with before purchasing
      For this chapter, I added Duane to Jackson’s household and at the end of the day, moved him back to the Kealoha household.
    • The rain started to come down hard during their diving, so I story played it out that they had to leave. Also, who goes out swimming in a monsoon? So, I gave Jackson the night off from lifeguarding, but had him get paid.
    • Aspiration: Beach Life: Milestone III: Discover Buried Treasure — completed
    • Aspiration: Beach Life: Leisurely Local — completed

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-22-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-22-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-22-04.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma – 4/10
    • Comedy – 1/10
    • Cooking – 1/10
    • Fishing – 1/10
    • Fitness – 6/10
    • Logic – 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) – 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) – 1/10
    • Programming – 2/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2021
    Day Twenty-Nine - The Cleanup
    05-28-21_10-41-05-pm.jpg
    Trigger warning.. house is mess. But is getting fixed.
    The next morning dawned miserably cold in Magnolia Promenade, but most of the Malone family simply didn’t care. It was a Sunday, and nobody was doing anything but helping clean up their new “Junk House”. The first moment walking in was a shock to all the kids, but with the dumpy apartment they lived in… let’s just say the shock disappeared quickly.

Bennie’s first priority was putting traps in all the mouse holes and marking them for the pest company who was fumigating tomorrow. He had also contracted a junk company who was going to get rid of the junk in the yard to make it safe(r) for the kids.
    05-28-21_10-39-57-pm.jpg
    As the day went on, the mice realized that this house was under siege and stopped coming out of their holes, which made everyone happy. Each pile of trash or dirt that was picked up, and each bit of graffiti scrubbed off the walls seemed to make a huge difference.
    05-28-21_10-44-51-pm.jpg
    Little by little, a ray of hope started shining through. Maybe there WAS a house under all this mess. At least, until you walked into the next room.
    05-28-21_10-48-10-pm.jpg
    There was no chatting, and barely any noise at all except the rattle of things being picked up and trash bags being opened. Then Marnie pulled out the vacuum. And for once, it worked.
    05-28-21_10-51-41-pm.jpg
    Myles, of course, was wearing his scout uniform, because he had scouts later, and was going to take the bus there and back.
    05-28-21_10-57-52-pm.jpg
    Nobody was looking forward to having one less pair of hands for a while, though.
    05-28-21_11-02-02-pm.jpg
    Even Bennie was pitching in. He was doing a lot of the heavy work (like getting rid of the clearly defunct appliances in the kitchen and basement), but he even figured out how to run a vacuum for the “attack” on the master bedroom.
    05-28-21_11-03-17-pm.jpg
    After Myles left, the kids took a picnic break in the newly cleaned dining room, while Marnie went to work on the kitchen counters. She found, much to her surprise, that they weren’t in as bad a shape as they thought they were.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    In Magnolia Promenade, far from all the work (and away from harm) was Benji and the twins. After spending the morning cooped up in the house, he finally had had enough. He bundled them up as tight as he could.. and headed out to the park across the street.
    05-29-21_9-47-06-pm.jpg
    Playing in the snow.. has no age limits, apparently. The twins were tossing snow everywhere, and Benji was trying his.. hand? .. at making a couple snow angels.
    05-29-21_9-48-25-pm.jpg
    Benji quickly talked little Brett into making a Snowpal, and he immediately showed how much toddlers like snow with this beatific smile.
    05-29-21_9-48-32-pm.jpg
    Pulling a triceratops out of his pocket, Braydon occupied himself without any concern for the strange mound of snow not ten feet from him.
    05-29-21_9-48-59-pm.jpg
    Slowly, the snowpal started to actually take shape, although I don’t think Brett had any hand in that part.
    05-29-21_9-49-11-pm.jpg
    It was the perfect day. For a toddler, at least.
    05-29-21_9-51-07-pm.jpg
    Even Benji seemed to be having a good time. They did start to get pretty cold, though, so before too much longer, he trundled the twins back inside.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Back in Oasis Springs, the upstairs had been cleaned, and the assault on the basement was in full swing.
    05-28-21_11-07-28-pm.jpg
    Myles (who, being a scout!), was thinking ahead, and had brought a couple new boxes of trash bags with him when he came back from scouts, which were definitely coming in handy already.
    05-28-21_11-09-24-pm.jpg
    Jaz was still disgusted with each new room, and wasn’t afraid to show it.
    05-28-21_11-11-02-pm.jpg
    However, she wasn’t afraid to pitch in, knowing that somewhere in this mess was a room just for her. The boys would be sharing a room, as would the twins, but she was going to get a room to herself. She wasn’t sure why she was the only one who didn’t have to share a room, but she wasn’t about to turn it down.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Back at the apartment, Benji had come up with a great idea.
    05-29-21_9-56-45-pm.jpg
    …Because he had to show Shaylee something…. he invited her over.
    05-29-21_9-57-40-pm.jpg
    He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.. and then turned around and pointed.
    05-29-21_9-58-15-pm.jpg
    “Look.. it’s gone. Nobody’s noticed! And my new bank account is sixty five hundred richer!” he crowed.

Laughing evilly, she practically jumped into his arms in excitement. “So it’s happening, huh? We’re really moving to San Myshuno??”

“You bet!” he exclaimed, and kissed her quickly, before mentioning he was in charge of two toddlers he had left alone in the apartment.
    05-29-21_9-59-37-pm.jpg
    Shocked he’d left them, Shaylee hurried upstairs to meet Braydon and Brett.
    05-29-21_9-59-50-pm.jpg
    Braydon was more than happy to say hello to someone new….
    05-29-21_9-59-59-pm.jpg
    … While Brett was a bit shyer.
    05-29-21_10-00-27-pm.jpg
    Hearing water running where it shouldn’t be, Benji went into the store bathroom, only to find the toilet shooting water everywhere. In disgust…. he found a wrench and a plunger and went to work. He knew how to fix it thanks to his mother, but he absolutely hated fixing anything, so he wasn’t enjoying himself.
    05-29-21_10-01-05-pm.jpg
    Shaylee, however, was having a blast. She’d always loved kids.. and two little gems like Brett and Braydon (who were on their best behavior) seemed like the best sort of afternoon to her.
    05-29-21_10-02-15-pm.jpg
    Brett and Braydon showed her how to turn on the music, and she filtered through some channels before settling on one she liked.
    05-29-21_10-03-49-pm.jpg
    By the time Benji got back upstairs, the three were definitely good friends.
    05-29-21_10-07-00-pm.jpg
    Brett, however, needed to go potty, and Braydon just HAD to show Shaylee his block skill.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Back at “Junk House”..
    05-28-21_11-11-39-pm.jpg
    .. Myles decided that the utility room needed cleaning next, and after getting rid of the cobwebs, he started cleaning the floor.
    05-28-21_11-16-14-pm.jpg
    The second bedroom was nearly clean, too, including the closet.
    05-28-21_11-17-19-pm.jpg
    Marnie was working on the floor in the main room, and Bennie had gotten rid of that old stove. Things were nearly done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shaylee had left, but Brett wasn’t done with the music yet.
    05-29-21_10-06-20-pm.jpg
    Benji showed his little brother some moves, but then I got this pop-up…
    benjilatin.jpg
    … And quickly changed the music for poor Benji. I mean, he was really being fairly good.. for Benji.
    05-29-21_10-09-48-pm.jpg
    He had even managed to put together a salad for himself and the twins for dinner.
    05-29-21_10-14-28-pm.jpg
    Then, he scrounged up a toddler book and read both a story as they fell asleep.
    05-29-21_10-12-04-pm.jpg
    Benji, then, wisely, got rid of the nasty salad and headed to the living room to play some MySims Racing online with friends. On a whim, he entered a tournament.. and came out 100 simoleons richer!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Things were winding down for the night in Oasis Springs.
    05-28-21_11-17-44-pm.jpg
    Bennie was fixing the sink in the basement bathroom…
    05-28-21_11-19-49-pm.jpg
    And everyone had decided for Jaz that the pink room was to be hers. She wasn’t sure why nobody else wanted it.. but she wasn’t going to complain. Having her own room was still a luxury she wasn’t 100% sure how she had gotten.
    05-28-21_11-22-55-pm.jpg
    The last thing of the night was mopping the mess that Bennie had left behind.. and the house was ready for the pest and junk companies the next day. They wouldn’t be allowed back for 24 hours after the pest company.. which was cutting their move in time really close.. but at least the house would be as clean and pest free as possible when they showed up in two days with their furniture.

The bus ride back to Magnolia Promenade was virtually silent, because it was nearly 1 AM and everyone was thoroughly wiped out.
    05-29-21_10-29-49-pm.jpg
    Arriving home, they all tried to stifle the yawns and stumbled up the stairs to go to bed. The missing suit of armor was completely missed.
    Post edited by IllusoryThrall on
    *Updated my May 29th post above! As the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" I decided to use the SV glitch in the story. I hope it makes sense. :D I'll get started on comments now. Hopefully have them finished to post before I need to go get some sleep. Either way, hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    Mia Patina
    May 29

Week 5 Sunday

2021-05-20-17_46_34-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    So much is going to happen today. There will be two birthdays – Eli is becoming a child and Zoe is becoming a toddler. It looks like the first thing Eli will be doing as a child will be to take a bath.
    2021-05-20-17_39_24-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Getting the day started, Skye makes a cake and helps Eli blow out the candles.
    2021-05-20-17_42_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli rolls Goofball and takes the Social aspiration.
    2021-05-20-17_43_48-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake is taking care of baths for Rex and Rey and they find a time for some play. Personally, the bathroom is not where I would have done this, but whatever.
    2021-05-20-17_45_22-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia has topped out all five character traits. Now she just has to hang on to them until she becomes a Young Adult.
    2021-05-20-17_46_34-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

A better picture of Eli. He is not joining the scouts or anything since Mia will be moving in a couple of days.
    2021-05-20-18_00_37-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake helps Zoe become a toddler so that Skye can get a bath of her own. Zoe rolls Angelic.
    2021-05-20-18_00_56-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Definitely not angelic. Last time I looked they were both dancing.
    2021-05-20-18_03_41-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

It was another one of those days where I just spent it chasing the toddlers. Zoe has had a long day and she is done. She will be taking Eli’s toddler bed and they set up a bunkbed in Mia’s office. So many kids.
    2021-05-20-18_13_50-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    @permanentrose
    Beautiful house you downloaded! The courtyard kit is really beautiful. I'm thinking about getting it along with the new GP Tuesday. No worries about the real estate agent and pool lighting for the garden ideas you borrowed. I'm flattered, you liked the ideas enough to use them. :) So nice for Ruby Kristine lives right next door. Nice family pic of them too. :)

Yeah, I knew they could drink the vaccine, but like you said, they have to have it thrown on them to count, so since Josh had to get a facefull, so did Essa. Fair is fair, right? ;) I thought about adding them to control, but it turned out much funnier I think by just asking them normally. I wasn't frustrated at all, it was great! :)

Yep, I knew Grim doesn't show up too from the first time I tried the mystery, my would-be Hero got gobbled up by the Mother. o.O Of course I didn't save and tried again. ;) Josh and Damon will probably never be close, but at least they're on speaking terms now. HAHAHA Yeah, Hermitgirl gave me the tent victory woo hoo idea! Thanks @Hermitgirl! Also knew about the right click cheat for the Mother, but thanks for the tip in case others could use it. :)

Ugh, so this glitch isn't just a few members having it happen to them. So the question is, why haven't they fixed it? I don't get it?

Wonderful date night for Jules and Emmett, looks like they had a great time, and so did Ruby and Nikki back at the house. At least until Nikki showed up at the bar. Sheesh! o.O Great idea about doing the Selvadorada aspirations next month. I love JA, it's a fun pack! And so beautiful too. I bet you'll get some great screenshots while they are there. :)

@SoulGal7
    Good job Wolfgang on climbing that medium wall! I don't blame him for wanting to go on the climb with Sakura and Kyoshi, can keep an eye on Kyoshi that way! ;) Glad Sakura promised they'd climb together one day at least. Wolfgang looks fabulous in that kimono, very handsome. And of course Sakura is gorgeous in her own kimono. Oh for crying out loud, sheesh! I thought for sure they were going to kiss and then she starts crying. *sigh* These two are getting very frustrating! Gah! :D Oh and then of course Kyoshi shows up, and not so subtlety reminds Wolfgang of his promise.

The look on Wolfgang's face...o.O I don't blame him for being so angry! Gah! Finally! At least we know now how Sakura really feels about Wolfgang and Kyoshi. I was beginning to wonder if maybe she would pick Kyoshi. SO glad she won't. But the question still remains, what is this little event you have planned? Kind of scares me! I hope nobody gets hurt! O.O

Thanks about the SV glitch. I used it for the story though, so it's okay. Still hope it gets fixed one day, but I'm doubting that it will. *sigh*

Loved Essa's team to battle the Mother. Couldn't have asked for better teammates. :) Yeah, Damon and Josh are at least on speaking terms now. They will never be close though, just not going to happen. HAHA! Yeah, they do woo hoo a lot eh? Oh well, they're just a very loving, randy couple. ;)

Oh man, when Damon threw a fit and yelled at Essa, standing there in a towel after taking a shower so inappropriately? I just lost it! I could not stop laughing! :D The whole thing leading up to when they finally reached the Mother was just so much fun! I'm so glad I didn't add them to the household and controlled them. It was a lot more fun that they could do whatever they wanted. Well I did have them in a group. But that only gives limited control. :)

@Skeilah
    Yay! Bryon completed the Body Builder aspiration! Go Bryon! :) And he continues to work at Lord of the Knits by giving out sweaters. Very sweet he gave one to Erwin! Good luck finishing that aspiration, I love it! Especially what they get to make when it's complete. ;) Congrats on the promotion Bryon. Bummer about not winning the Lottery though. I've only had two Sims ever win that. Cool Johnny showed up to give Bryon back his 'ugly' guitar! :D And all those Hero gifts. Why oh why did they make them such random, weird items? Especially the rotted fish and spoiled cupcakes? Aww, very sweet how he played dolls with Audrey and Naoki with Alex. :) Yup, not long now until they move! Hard to believe we'll all be starting the 6th month in the challenge eh? Blows my mind! o.O

@Ellupelluellu
    Ugh, so many have that SV glitch! I don't get why it's been going on for long. I wonder if it was a patch or another pack that nerfed it? Glad you liked the comments I had Melody make about Daddy! hehe Tent woo hoo, yep! Josh just loves to woo hoo anywhere anytime. Well to be fair, Essa does too. ;) Thanks about my Grandson. He's such a sweetheart! HAHA Uh, no, it was actually Josh and Essa he was entertaining this time. ;)
    Update 149 - Mommy's mini me

XpVtTiA.jpg
    I honestly forgot I put Easter in my game until it just popped up. Okay, we can have some fun with that, especially with a kid in the house :)
    vUhm2NK.jpg

Thanks to some CC, Ruby and Jules got to wear matching outfits. And Emmett looked quite handsome in pastels as well.
    kHixdvS.jpg

Hi Flower Bunny! He left Jules a crocus which I've had my eye on for a while now. I think her bee box will come out of the inventory next month now so I can test it out.
    7cCiU08.png

He's not as cool as Father Winter, but Ruby still enjoyed his visit. Ruby also collected most of the decorative eggs. I'm trying to be more intentional about doing some of these collections - I might set it as a casual goal to collect everything in game if I can by the end of the year.
    6cMMWWg.jpg

After that, I played for a few more days so I could earn as many simoleons as I could to fund this jungle adventure trip they'll be taking next month. I'm really not sure how quickly they'll burn through their savings there, especially since I don't know how long I'm going to have them stay, so I might as well just save up what I can. Jules painted a few masterpieces and put them for sale on plopsy, since I heard that they go for a really high price there. I hope I can sell a few of them before it's time to send them on vacation.

I turned on full autonomy for the first time in ages. That was a mistake lol. Emmett, who has the goofball trait, decided to go prank every toilet in the house.
    aygxuQB.png

When he wasn't sabotaging the plumbing, he chose to play on the gaming mat Jules got him for Winterfest.
    DF2nue1.jpg

Ruby worked on the creative aspiration, since the social one is more of pain to do since she needs more than just her family to interact with. It actually bugs me that the game makes a child this age hold their writing utensil so poorly...
    TwGWnmk.png

In another topic of the forum, someone mentioned the Book of Life, and I forgot how great those are for filling needs and potentially using if I don't have a death flower handy to resurrect a sim. So Jules wrote three of them - one for Emmett, Ruby, and Pickle. Let me tell you, filling Ruby and Pickle's needs with them is fantastic. Maybe some of you wouldn't use that item since it makes gameplay a lot easier, but I have no shame haha. I love finding cool ways to make filling needs go faster or not decay at all because filling needs is not something I enjoy in gameplay haha.
    11GDjo1.png

Honestly I'm just filling time with basically nothing until Tuesday. Strangerville, you were lovely, but I'm quite ready to move on these days :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 25 - University - WK 2 - Sunday - Olympic Snowboard Competition - Part 1

start-of-story.png
    It was the first day of winter. After a restless sleep on both Sakura and Wolfgang's part, they both got up and had breakfast together. The weather outside was freezing cold and it was snowing. The Olympic Snowboarding Event was first in the competition, and Sakura and Wolfgang dressed for the weather and headed out.

eating-brakfadt-together.png

Wolfgang had texted River this morning, and River suggested they meet at a place called Izakaya Ippai Bar in the Senbamachi District after the competition.

Wolfgang: "Um...Sakura...once the competition is over, I am meeting River for a few drinks and um...I might be staying at his rental overnight..."

Sakura: "Oh? I won't be staying overnight at the summit, Wolfgang, I'll be home later. I was hoping we would be able to spend some time together..."

going-out-with-river-later.png

Wolfgang: "Well, I just wasn't sure how long you would be, and...well, I already told River I would be staying at his place tonight. That way you don't have to worry about me and enjoy your time on the mountain climb..."

sakura-talking-to-wolfgang.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I am really sorry that you can't come with us...I really wish you could...I feel so bad about this...your first time in Mt. Komorebi and I feel like I am deserting you..."

Wolfgang: "Don't worry, Sakura, I understand about your promise. It's fine, plus River is going to show me some bars around town. We'll have lots of fun bar-hopping! Going to even try some sake while I am out..."

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and felt like he was somehow pushing her away, "So, are we still travelling back to Britechester together?"

a-new-start.png

Wolfgang: "Of course, Sakura...nothing has changed there. And just think, only one term left and we graduate. I've already put out a few resumes for jobs. It's going to be a fresh start, don't you think?"

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and sensed something was wrong. He had put out resumes already and hadn't even told her? Sakura suddenly realized that after this week, they would both be graduating, and they might not be in the same city together. Sakura just felt an overwhelming sense of dread.

Wolfgang: "Come on, we don't want to be late to see your BOYFRIEND compete. I really haven't followed the Olympics that much, so it will be great to see who else is on that team."

close-up-chat.png

Sakura flinched when Wolfgang mentioned 'boyfriend', and she knew that something was definitely wrong. Something had happened from last night when Kiyoshi showed up to this morning.

Sakura: "Wolfgang, is everything all right?"

i-dont-understand-wolfgang.png

Wolfgang: "Of course! Why wouldn't it be? It's a perfect day, we're going to see an Olympic snowboarding competition, and then you'll be going on a mountain climb with your boyfriend, and I will be in party mode with River. What couldn't be great about today?"

Sakura: "Could I get a hug, Wolfgang? I kind of feel...like I need one today..."

hugging-sakura-wolfgang-face.png

Wolfgang hugged Sakura and held her close. ["Dang!" he thought, "She feels so good against me, and she looks so radiant this morning. I am trying so hard to put a wall between us, but I am failing miserably, especially when I see that sad look she is giving me. It is just better this way...keep the distance...because I can't take this anymore...it's just tearing me up...I never knew loving someone could be so hard. Oh my plumbobs! Who am I kidding? This is the crappiest day of my life."]

walking-to-the-slope.png

They parted and Wolfgang gave Sakura a smile, "Come on, we want to get a good view of the slopes. Have to take lots of photos today!" he said as he took her hand in his.

the-slalom-course-hd-been-set-up.png

Sakura brightened when he took her hand and they walked together to the slopes where the slalom course had already been set up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

amd-suddenly-there-they-were.png

And suddenly, there they were, the Olympic Ski and Snowboard Team.

their-uniforms-looked-so-good.png

The team ran right past them and Sakura shouted out to Kiyoshi and he waved to her. Sakura thought they looked so good in their team uniforms.

running-by.png

Wolfgang watched Sakura as she longingly turned and watched Kiyoshi and the team head towards the gondola.

watching-kiyoshi-run-off-to-nexr-run.png

Sakura: "The event won't start for a bit, would you like to get something hot to drink?"

Wolfgang: "Sure, sounds good Sakura."

They headed over to the food area and Sakura heard a voice behind her and stopped.

SAKURA-ITS-YOU.png

Nanami (Kiyoshi's little sister): "Sakura! Sakura! It's you! Oh, Sakura, I have missed you! I got Poppy! She is the cutest little statue ever!"

Sakura: "Nanami, how wonderful to see you! Oh...I have missed you, too!" she said as she bent down and gave Nanami a hug.
    HUGGING-NANAMI.png

Meanwhile, Wolfgang headed over to the vending machines to see what the offerings were. Coming down the path was a couple arguing loudly. He tried not to listen, but then he heard the male sim mention the name "Sakura". Could they be talking about the Sakura he knew?

WOLFGANG-WONDERED-WHO-THESE-SIMS-WERE.png

Naoki (Kiyoshi's father): "I don't care what you say, Megumi, I will not have Sakura in my house. I do not understand why Kiyoshi-chan is interested in her when he could be with Kaori. Our families would be joined together when they get married. It is what Shigeru (Kaori's Grandfather) and I have discussed. He would then be most agreeable to the expansion."

I-HAVE-TOLD-YOU-I-WILL-NOT-HAVE-THAT-GIRL-IN-MY-HOUSE.png

Megumi (Kiyoshi's mother): "All you care about is that expansion! Naoki, have you not learned anything? Kiyoshi-chan is your son and if he wants to be with Sakura, then you must accept her into our home..."

NAOKI-HAVE-YOU-NOT-LEARNED-ANYTHING.png

Naoki: "That will never happen...she will never be welcome there..."

Megumi: "And what if she bears Kiyoshi-chan's child, what then? Will you shun our own Mago (grandchild)?"

KIYOSHI-IS-YOUR-SON-YOU-MUST-LET-HIM-LEAD-HIS-OWN-LIFE.png

Naoki: "Sakura and any child born to her will never be welcome in our house. And that is final. Sakura's great-great grandmother was an Oiran (courtesan). Sakura's heritage is tainted. She will never be welcome in any home in Mt. Komorebi when the word gets out."

THAT-SAKURA-IS-NO-GOOD-IN-MY-BOOKS.png

Megumi: "You wouldn't!"

Naoki: "Watch me! Sakura's life here will be one of misery and shame. Kiyoshi-chan will soon tire of her and come to his senses and marry Kaori."

Megumi: "Oh Naoki, how can you be so cruel? Kiyosh-chani is our only son. And Sakura has done nothing to deserve this. Please reconsider. Kado told me that it was Sakura who encouraged Kiyoshi-chan to continue in snowboarding. She is good for him...please don't do this..."

Naoki: "Do not speak to me of Kado or Sakura again. The matter is settled."

WOLFGANG-WENT-TO-THE-VENDING-MACHINES.png

Wolfgang busied himself at the vending machines until they had walked past. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. He knew that Sakura and Kiyoshi were common names in Mt. Komorebi, but this was too much of a coincidence. Were those sims Kiyoshi's parents?

SUDDENLY-THIS-SIM-WAS-BEHIND-HIM.png

Wolfgang hadn't seen anything in the vending machines, and went over to the food vendor and ordered a matcha tea. The woman who had been having a heated discussion with the man came over and chatted with Sakura briefly and then walked away.

SEE-YOU-LATER-SAKURA.png

THAT-WAS-MEGUMI-KIYIOSHIS-MOTHER.png

Wolfgang sat with Sakura and asked who that lady had been and Sakura told him it was Megumi, Kiyoshi's mother. Wolfgang was sure his face showed shock when she told him, but he quickly recovered.

HIS-MOTHER-HAD-BEEN-RIGHT-THEY-HATE-SAKURA.png

Oh my gosh! That was Kiyoshi's mother, and the man must have been Kiyoshi's father. The conversation that Wolfgang had heard...oh my gosh...it was about Kiyoshi and Sakura...and some other sim named Kaori. Wolfgang didn't know what that Japanese word "Oiran" meant, but it wasn't even about Sakura, but her great-great grandmother. So, his mother had been right. Kiyoshi's parents, at least his father, hated Sakura for something in her heritage, and Kiyoshi's father was going to make Sakura's life unbearable if she remained with Kiyoshi. Wolfgang felt so angry suddenly, and wanted to tell Sakura all about what he had heard. Wolfgang just wanted to take Sakura away from all of this before it was too late. But he had seen how Sakura had looked at Kiyoshi and how Kiyoshi had looked at Sakura, and once Sakura told Kiyoshi she was pregnant with his child, Kiyoshi would want nothing more than to be with her. Wolfgang shook his head and thought what a mess this all was.

Wolfgang and Sakura headed back to where they were standing before, and the Olympic Ski and Snowboard Team members were doing a practice run on the slope. Wolfgang watched a female snowboarder come down the slope and was amazed at her twists and jumps.

who-ws-she-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, do you know who that is? She is really good."

Sakura: "Yes, her name is Kaori Nishidake, and she is a resident of Mt. Komorebi. She is...she is Kiyioshi's ex-girlfriend..." she answered slowly.

sakura-and-kaori-exchange-looks.png

Wolfgang thought, ["Oh my plumbobs! This is Kaori? Kiyoshi's ex-girlfriend! Jumping Freezer bunnies! And she is on the Olympic Snowboard Team with Kiyoshi!]

kiyoshis-ex-girlfriend.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Naoki, Megumi, Nanami and Kiyoshi Ito are premade Maxis sims, who came with the Snowy Escape pack. In my story, Naoki's company was responsible for the courier service between The Olympic Training Camp and his house where letters of the other family members could be sent to the camp, and vice versa. Naoki withheld letters that Sakura had sent to Kiyoshi and so Kiyoshi never received them. Naoki also did research on Sakura's family, and does not think she is a suitable girlfriend for Kiyoshi. He also blocked Sakura's number on everyone's cell phones, so that Sakura could not contact them. He was arrested when Sakura disappeared in Windenburg charged as a prime suspect, due to Naoki admitting to having done all of the above. When Sakura was found, the charges were dropped. Kiyoshi is aware of what his father had done, but has not told Sakura about it.

Kado Akiyama is Megumi Ito's ex-boyfriend. Kado moved back to Mt. Komorebi with his wife and children. In my story, Kado videotaped Kiyoshi snowboarding, which led to Kiyoshi getting on the Olympic Snowboard Team.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited May 2021
    Mia Patina
    May 30

Week 5 Monday

2021-05-21-06_10_59-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Seriously, this house seems like it is getting darker every day. It is definitely time to move. Mia has two more days – she is moving out on Wednesday of week 5. The kids will be taking over Skye’s office since there needs to be room for at least six kids, apparently.
    2021-05-21-05_48_52-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

She moves her recording studio into the master bedroom taking over their lounging area, that they never used anyways. It is possible the darkness is because it is the middle of the night.
    2021-05-21-05_49_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Today is a holiday – it is Egg Hunt Day. Before they can begin hunting for eggs, there are some chores to be done.
    2021-05-21-05_49_58-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Still knocking those chores out. It takes a long time to clean this house.
    2021-05-21-05_51_52-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Then there is some breakfast to be had. Eli bypassed the eggs and bacon for a piece of his birthday cake. Go Eli.
    2021-05-21-05_52_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Zoe can’t get down the stairs on her own yet, so Jake tosses her around to improve her movement. Now, she can go up and down on her own.
    2021-05-21-05_59_07-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

I work really hard to keep Mia from asking these questions. She chose the answer to lower responsibility since that is the easiest to make back up.
    2021-05-21-06_00_27-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?w=377&ssl=1

Finally they get to hunt for the eggs and it doesn’t take long to find them all and complete the collection. Once everyone has a gold level holiday, it is ended early and the rest of the day they are all free to do their own thing.
    2021-05-21-06_02_50-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Oh yeah, and Skye is pregnant again. This should be her last baby since the house is full and once Mia moves out, MCCC won’t trigger a pregnancy for a full house. I also just realized Mia and Jake have never gotten married. That’s cool.
    2021-05-21-06_06_33-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia chooses to torture the violin and is actually gaining violin skill since creativity is mastered. No comment on the pictures in the background. They were hung up for Spooky Day and I forgot about them.
    2021-05-21-06_10_59-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Rey and Eli hang out in the living room.
    2021-05-21-06_14_05-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Then there is this.
    2021-05-21-06_14_55-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

I have no clue where the clay came from, but as soon as I can get it back from Skye it goes into Mia’s inventory.
    2021-05-21-06_16_01-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Rex and Rey put themselves to bed while Skye tries to corral Zoe long enough to get her to sleep. It is only 6pm. But everyone goes to bed early, because I had to go to work.
    2021-05-21-06_17_31-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    @SoulGal7
    Wolfgang is the perfect guy. He's ready to do the impossible for Sakura. I can just see a montage of him almost dying from muscle soreness and exhaustion as he practices his rock climbing until he's good enough to go with Sakura. Man, we all need a significant other as devoted as he is. He's probably worried about her climbing too since he thinks she's pregnant. That would be a very risky thing for her to do while pregnant. Also I forgot to say in my last comment that the rental is lovely. Also Sakura does look especially gorgeous with her hair down like that. I don't even know how you do it, keeping these two apart for so long. The slowburn is great though! I think I only survived waiting to get Emmett and Jules together for as long as I did since Emmett wasn't consistently around. I probably would have caved sooner if he was haha. Waiting anxiously for them to proclaim their undying love for one another and for Sakura to have her first woohoo. LOL.

And nope, no baby yet lol. I want them to get married before they have another kid, though to keep things realistic in my game since I like that element of surprise rather than just picking "try for baby," my risky woohoo settings are very low and one of my mods lets Jules use birth control too, so there's only a very slight chance she'd have a baby before I was ready for her to have one haha. Thanks for all your compliments on the house - I love it so much! This kit really felt worth the $5.

@miss_eulenauge
    I'm excited that your challenge sim in finally conceived! Excited to meet her and see what you decide to name her! Also fun update with Skeilah's sims too. So creative of you to find a way to include them even though you don't have the packs!

@Skeilah
    I love all the knitting photos. It's a great way to keep Bryon busy since he's feeling anxious about next month, and the sweaters for Naoki and Bryon are perfect - I love that they match their hair! And the toddler onesies are great too. I always love those. I think Jules knitted them all for Ruby even though she didn't end up wearing them all haha. Too bad Sakura and Mr. Whiskers didn't win the lottery haha

@LegacySims2017
    I forgot to mention in my last comment, but it was clever what you did with him fishing up the log and then getting one in BB mode. I'm impressed that you're still playing Jackson without a real house. I think I had the start of a house like 2 days into this challenge lol, I couldn't stand it anymore :D

@sassytxbrat
    Happy birthday to your aged up sims! You're so close to leaving the chaos of this crazy house haha. Excited to see what your story will look like once there's not multiple toddlers to care for haha. AND OF COURSE SKYE IS PREGNANT AGAIN :joy:

@Karababy52
    I definitely felt like this kit was worth $5. I bought the Country Kitchen one too, but this one just feels like it has so much more content. I love getting new BB stuff though, so I definitely foresee myself having a weakness for all BB kits in the future. I do wonder if Nikki would have stayed on the lot if Ruby had been a toddler, since they can't be alone, but since kids can be, I guess that's why she left...who knows. The game is dumb like that sometimes. It made me laugh when she walked in though.

Yay, you thought of a great reason to send them to DSV! Good for Frank, pursuing his dream of acting, and of course Essa and Josh will have some great adventures along the way. Loving that Josh's hair is back too. It might have been back earlier, I forget since you had them in hazmat suits for so much of the end of the mystery haha, so I'm officially appreciating it now. Good for you for including the glitch in your story, even though it was frustrating. Your screenshots are still gorgeous even though Strangerville didn't clear up the way it was supposed to. And there's my Jules! Love that she's a bartender in both your and @Ellupelluellu's game. I'll have to have her tend a bar at some point in mine too haha. Cute that she wanted Essa's autograph - but I was confused with a comment at the end, does Jules have a husband in your game??? She totally can, I was just confused haha. Looking forward to seeing your house for next month too!

@IllusoryThrall
    Nice work with them cleaning that place up! The progression of screenshots as it got cleaner and cleaner is fantastic too. That vacuum kit is perfect for some cleaning shots too. Definitely looks like it will be much more livable now!

May 30
    Zu2oo68.png

Bryons Diary
    gQ8WmAn.png
    At 11am the next morning, I finally managed to knit another excellent knittable AND max my knitting skill.

(Bryon) “Oof, looks like it’s gonna be another hot day… I need to change my clothes.”

jNBvkuG.png
    Naoki on the other hand has no problems wearing a winter sweater.

(Naoki) “I'm only having a problem with this dirty diaper…”

q1tNIyh.png
    After changing the diaper, he and Alex joined Audrey with the dolls. So cute.

fQbGq9Y.png
    (And slowly but surely, Bryon moved on with the aspiration)

GkiCatG.png
    Alex went to sleep like a good boy when it was time to do so.

ucbH60y.png
    Audrey on the other hand… Not so much.

(Naoki) “Audrey, you really have to go to bed. It’s late.”
    (Audrey) “I don’t want to!!”

t3vPeI4.png
    As you can see, Naoki eventually got her up and in bed (and I completed another excellent knittable).

NVCraN2.png
    (Bryon) “So, did you get them in bed?”
    (Naoki) “Yes, I succeeded!”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry, I should’ve helped.”
    (Naoki) “Oh, it was nothing. You already cared for them so much when I had to work. Now it was my turn.”
    (Bryon) “Aw, thank you.”
    (Naoki) “I’m going to bed myself now. How about you?”
    (Bryon) “Yes, I’ll come after I finish this, okay?”
    (Naoki) “Okay!”

ye8YQ2u.png
    (Yay! We’re doing good now!!)

---

The next day

---

2zmxAuM.png
    (Someone told me that if your Sim is inspired, there’s a higher chance that the knittable is excellent or legendary. Let’s just pretend that Bryon was hot and in need of a morning shower)

LJxWWZi.png
    After the shower, I bumped into Alex who woke up already and got to the potty all by himself! Oh, they’re already getting so big…

Ml84LH1.png
    He joined me on the couch and we had a nice talk…

(Naoki) “Bryon, when are we going to eat breakfast? I’m so hungry…”
    (Bryon) “Right. We’ll go eat.”

Zfrtyxe.png
    Just as I wanted to stand up, Alex started making a mess.

(Bryon) “Alex… Why did you do that?”
    (Alex) “It’s prettier like this!!”
    (Bryon) “No, it’s not.”

TtuFtwA.png
    And then, Naoki saw it too.

(Naoki) “Alex!! What did you do?!”
    (Alex) “I’m sorry…”
    (Bryon) “Don’t worry about it, Naoki. I’ll clean it. I’m a spellcaster, you know? You won’t even know that someone ever threw paint on the carpet.”
    (Naoki) “Yeah okay, but the kids have to learn they can’t just throw paint everywhere because daddy is a spellcaster.”
    (Bryon) “Okay, you might have a point right there… But this time, I’ll clean it.”

tL5uXX5.png
    Bibbety bobbety boom!

J562Snv.png
    Gone was the spot.

(Bryon) "Yeahh! I still got it!"

YMImmDh.png
    After breakfast, I went back to knitting. Look who finally completed the third milestone?! Me!!

m2UanVg.png
    (Bryon) “I can’t believe I did it! I’m not there yet, but I’m finally getting pretty close. I might even finish this before we have to leave tomorrow.”

PDUTkxi.png
    (I was smart enough to not sell all the knittables from before)

e1nKWkF.png
    IHTqQJb.png
    I donated a lot of my knittables to charity.

75tXLyU.png
    When I walked back inside, Naoki was busy letting the kids out of their chairs… And Audrey really made a mess, it seems.

(Bryon) “You can give Audrey a bath. I’ll watch Alex for a while.”

H0DGORc.png
    C16L5dd.png
    I took Alex out of his chair and sat down in front of him. I helped him maxing his communication skill since Audrey already maxed hers, and I didn't want him to fall behind.

ZbSp9nk.png
    So cute!

ZrAbpdM.png
    Also, our wedding pictures got delivered today. Look at that! They all turned out beautiful.

emWmK0f.png
    The day went by pretty smoothly. I already knitted 3 legendary knittables through the day. Two to go! But I also need to learn someone knit... That's when my face turned to Naoki.

(Bryon) “Hey, Naoki. Would you be interested in learning to knit something simple?”
    (Naoki) “Really?! I’d love to!”

0ATeUjo.png
    It was really nice to learn him something I like.

(Naoki) "Am I doing this right...?"
    (Bryon) "Yeah, you're doing great!"

2pHfvEm.png
    (Naoki) "Oh no, this doesn't look good anymore... Help?"
    (Bryon) "Haha, you only made a little mistake."

gWhdxLQ.png
    (Bryon) "Here, let me help you."
    (Naoki) "Oh, I see it now. This is fun, Bryon. Thank you."
    (Bryon) "No, thank you. I wouldn't be able to do all this if it wasn't for you."
    (Naoki) "What do you mean? Because I told Rene to give us some time?"
    (Bryon) "Exactly. I'm ready for it tomorrow, thanks to this extra time. So thank you."
    (Naoki) "I'm happy to hear that, really. But!!"
    (Bryon) "But?"
    (Naoki) "How do I finish this scarf?!"

We both laughed. Yeah, this isn't all so bad. I'm ready.
    @permanentrose
    Those progression shots took hours to get, because on top of making them actually clean the place up, I had to systematically delete all the stuff they couldn't do anything with. I'm really pleased with how they turned out, though!
    edited May 2021
    Day Thirty - Waiting
    05-30-21_4-54-10-pm.jpg
    Monday, other than being the next day of school.. was mostly a day of waiting. Waiting for school to start.. waiting for the kids to be home.. waiting for Bennie to go to work. And most of all, waiting for the house to be ready. The money from the store sale wouldn’t go into the bank until the next morning, so shopping couldn’t happen, and with the fumigating and the junk people hauling everything away, the house was off-limits… so nothing could be done.

Except … wait. Marnie did call the school to make sure everyone would have their Tuesday off of school – because, quite frankly, all hands would be needed when the moving truck came in the morning to move everything to the new house. She was so excited for this move, even the twins making messes in the snow barely phased her. She even whistled while putting mouse traps in the walls for the last time before going to bed.
    Today really was just a boring play-day, partially because it was my "off" day, partially because it was just filling the needs and waiting for tomorrow's actual move, and partially because my back was in pain ALL last night and today... it's a bit better now, thankfully, and no, I have no idea what I did to it. :frowning: - So excited for tomorrow's house tour, though!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose -
    I'm happy how well I progressed the Aspiration with the story. Almost done. Jackson just needs to doze off in a lounge chair. That can't be hard. :grimace:

Thank you for the compliment about the log thing. I found it very amusing when he fished that up. It had to be used. In regards to his housing situation, he's only got a little over 1200 simoleons. I mean, I could have moved him into the Kealoha household, but I truly wanted to try and do the rags to riches. I may fail and have to just put him in someone else's home. We'll see. I have a feeling he's going to be homeless the rest of his teenage status. Then he'll move into a dorm on Month 4 when he becomes a young adult.

@SoulGal7 -
    Is there a Robotics major? That is awesome. Yes! I think that's what Jackson will go into if so. Thanks for the idea. I want Jackson to build a life sized Robby in the future with a Servo.

I'm thrilled everyone is liking how I put the log Jackson fished up as part of my story and using it as a piece of his living space. Thanks for the compliments on Jackson's lifeguard clothes and showing himself off. :wink: I think I'm going to keep him as a lifeguard his 3 months as a teenager before heading off to college.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LegacySims2017
    Start a garden, fish a lot, and start collecting things from those dig holes/rocks, and then just sell everything that you collect/grow and the money will start piling in fast :) Unless you'd just rather have him live without a home until uni, since it is more realistic that way, for teen probably not to get off his feet on his own while he's so young. Wasn't sure if you needed some tips or if you're more intentionally trying to have him get money more slowly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top