Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skills/hobbies missing on Likes and Dislikes

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2021
    I love the concept and the interactions.
    Not really big of the design of it, and the I wish was broken down more, As to what it was My sim Liked to Cook/Bake, Eating certain foods,
    Reading/Watching Certain Book/Movie Genres.
    Mareah wrote: »
    I would like spellcasting to be added. I know it is not really a hobby, but if adding it meant my spellcasters could automansly cast spells once i assigned it to them as I like, I would like that very much.

Me too, Although I would like this to be broken down too, Perhaps to the types of spells my Spellcaster has learned, I can choose in CAS or mark in his spell book his favorite spells.

I would like My spellcasters to be more liberal with Magic, But it's more how they behave. I don't want them to be mischievous all the time, but like Practical. I want to be able to trust they won't set the House on Fire, and burn the Library to the ground. Like When I had my Mages Club come over to hang out at the Castle, and one of the Mages Set the Library on Fire.

I suppose you could break it down to the four divisions of magic: Practical, Tamed Untamed, and Alchemy... But i would rather if they broke it down further...

This is why I wanted the Real mod Magic to be more like an RPG pack, So if I chose Fire as my Mage's most liked/"Go to" spell, My Sim would cast fire spells when battling/dueling. Same with Lightning and Ice/Water, I would have had Ice mages and Storm mages.

if I chose Teleportation, as a Liked Spell, I don't want him to "Teleport Always" But perhaps if it's a great distance, or he's trying to access a room that's locked or there's something blocking the way and he physically can't walk to point B, then he uses magic to Teleport.

Also Vampires, They should have a Like/Dislike, for Human Blood/Plasma, or Blood/Plasma Fruit too.

Lowkey Can we like/Dislike other sims with certain traits.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My knitting sims are going to be so sad about this. :D

@Sharonia actually, they will be quite neutral about it ;-)

I know. I only meant it jokingly. It's actually me that's sad it's not an option. I love having my sims knit.
  • Arachnos_BlackArachnos_Black Posts: 1 New Member
    A lot of the likes and dislikes that are missing were things that were being passed off as personality traits before. there are traits for liking dogs or crafting things that likely affect your sim in a way similar to how likes or dislikes do. They are also probably trying to decide a system for choosing what becomes a like/dislike still, because I imagine that the options would already be overwhelming to scroll through for someone with all the packs if every skill was there. Not to mention future ones.
    They'll probably end up splitting the activities into smaller sections as they add more options.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2021
    If you read the Patch notes they did say..."For our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories added to Base Game"

We'll probably have a few more from time to time or when new packs come out.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I couldn't find cleaning on the list. I was looking forward to making my sims hate it. :(
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I know this slightly off topic, but I noticed that when I asked an NPC about their favourite colour, their response didn't give a notification, like it does with profession, etc. and the information didn't appear on their relationship profile either. Is this deliberate, an oversight or a glitch? Anyone got any ideas?
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I know this slightly off topic, but I noticed that when I asked an NPC about their favourite colour, their response didn't give a notification, like it does with profession, etc. and the information didn't appear on their relationship profile either. Is this deliberate, an oversight or a glitch? Anyone got any ideas?

It must be a glitch because when my sim asked another sim what their favorite color was or what their hobbies were, I got a notification.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    edited May 2021
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Medium, vet, and pet training are not hobbies, they're skills. They don't really need a spot.

As far as reading and things like others have suggested, I guess it's kind of pointless because there's already relating traits like bookwork that effect autonomy and fun. It might be nice to see sims dislike it though.

They are activities, which one might or might not enjoy. And a lot of people are asking for them, which means obviously they are not pointless.

Yeah, pet training would be great for likes and dislikes. Would love it if my sims autonomously continued in training tricks for example. Or others who don't like training pets or find it tedious would get a negative buff every time they train their dog, as a necessity they don't like doing.

Oh by the way, does anyone know, if not doing the liked activity for some time will get a negative buff like "it's been a long time since I played guitar"? If not, it would be a cool thing to add.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »

It must be a glitch because when my sim asked another sim what their favorite color was or what their hobbies were, I got a notification.

Thank you, for the feedback.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I know this is very unlikely, but I'd really enjoy if they added a like/dislike for cats and dogs. I've seen other players on the forums say they don't want this because it would be duplicating a trait that already exists, but I'd rather free up trait slots for things that have more of an impact on gameplay.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I know this is very unlikely, but I'd really enjoy if they added a like/dislike for cats and dogs. I've seen other players on the forums say they don't want this because it would be duplicating a trait that already exists, but I'd rather free up trait slots for things that have more of an impact on gameplay.

I agree with this. Plus, it adds more than the trait since you can make your sim dislike pets as well.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2021

Precisely, It shouldn't have been a trait to begin with but there was no other option at the time. I say remove the traits and let it be an exclusive Cats and Dogs Like/Dislike, essentially Just swapping places, not duplicating.

But yeah there are a lot of Traits, that should be shifted into Likes/Dislikes now.

Examples of Traits that should now be a Preference:
    Loves the Outdoors
    Hates Children
    Cat Lover
    Dog Lover
    Art Lover
    Music Lover
    Bookworm(Book Lover)
    Foodie (Food Lover)
    Sports Enthusiast

It would definite Free up traits.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    As far as I know they are not done with likes and dislikes. They probably wanted to workout the bugs with this before overloading on everything which I think is a good idea. This is a good list!
    One thing I'm worried about is that people are asking for sims reactions to color on twitter. This will lead to more annoying environmental buffs that override everything. No one constantly reacts to color even if you have favorites. My sim is going to walk into a pink room and forget that his wife died. And simgurujill responded to the tweets saying something like they would love to add more uses for color preferences in the future😬 but I can't think of anything that won't be an environmental buff. Please...no more environmental buffs...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    My sim is going to walk into a pink room and forget that his wife died.

I want my sim to walk into a pink room and remember that the color pink killed his wife.

Jokes aside, I agree. I really dislike all the environmental buffs - especially that "nicely decorated" buff they get, since it's so overpowering. Combine that with the "dust-free" buff and my sims are on overload just from being in a clean, pretty environment. Wait, is that how people feel in clean pretty environments? Maybe I should try tidying my house...

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope they're still working on likes and dislikes. I was too very disappointed when i saw such a small bunch of them (i have all packs except jtb and 3 kits...).
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I hope they're still working on likes and dislikes. I was too very disappointed when i saw such a small bunch of them (i have all packs except jtb and 3 kits...).
    Yes, especially for kids. There's hardly anything for them.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    figgy wrote: »

Oh by the way, does anyone know, if not doing the liked activity for some time will get a negative buff like "it's been a long time since I played guitar"? If not, it would be a cool thing to add.

I really hope they don't ever do this.

If I've given my sims three or four activities they like, they shouldn't be unhappy just because they focus more on one than another for a period of time. Like, if I enjoy playing the piano and the violin, I shouldn't be walking around miserable because I decided to play the piano instead of the violin for a day or two. In fact, I don't trust them to balance that at all, so what would happen is that your sims would be constantly miserable because whatever they were doing, they'd be mad about not doing a different like instead.

Now, alternatively, maybe if you like both piano and violin, and you've only been playing the piano for a few days, you could roll a whim to play the violin. That seems like a good way to approach it. But the last thing I would to do is encourage the devs to put more energy into negative (or positive) buffs when they are already so out of whack.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I came on here to look for this thread since I'd also like more to be added. Some I'm lacking have already been cited but I just want to add to the request list for them: chess board/logic - I really need this and noticed it right away, more logical activities, archaeology, socializing (as a like and a dislike) - this would allow more distinction between outgoing sims and those who aren't, dining out, watching movies/tv, knitting, fabrication/eco activities, reading as a hobby, playing games, camping/outdoors/hiking/walks, playgrounds.

I really noticed it with the hobbies. Some of my sims don't really have matching interests to the options. The sims who like music, fitness, cooking and a few other specific interests are covered. They have rock climbing as a separate option. I'd say swimming and basketball could be differentiated. This is causing me to realize that we should get the ability for sims to play tennis.

I'd also say there could be some way to distinguish spending time with family or with friends.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I couldn't find cleaning on the list. I was looking forward to making my sims hate it. :(
    I really was looking forward to cleaning being on the list! Hope they add it.

I'm also surprised they left out University activites like the keg and foosball table, darts(from GT?). And I've been hoping for tanning to get added as an activity somewhere like GT club activities but likes and dislikes would also work ;)
  • channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I really want to try it and see how my sims will react to it all.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'd love to see an Occult category! Spellcasters disliking vampires/mermaids or vice versa could come in handy for occult gameplay and storytelling.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2021
    • Archaeology (Jungle Adventure)
    • Herbalism (Outdoor Retreat)
    • Flower Arranging (Seasons)
    • Pet Training (Cats and Dogs)
    • Veterinarian (Cats and Dogs)
    • Fabrication (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Fizzy Juicing (Eco Lifestyle)
    • Knitting (Nifty Knitting)
    • Medium (Paranormal)

Any other hobby/skill missing?

Candle making ( Eco Lifestyle )
    Woodworking bench. Some may like to do wood work, but not necessarily like repairing things.
    Same with wellness, there is yoga and meditation they should be separate.

I also miss all the games, fitness and other activities things such as:

Darts and the other game in get together
    Horseshoes
    Ping pong
    Bicycling
    Board game, children’s game, cards, gambling.
    Jogging and treadmill
    Push-ups
    Jet ski
    Boating
    Sun bathing
    Beach combing
    Collecting
    Sparring machine
    Sand castle building
    Body building
    Also using the bubble machine (city living)

Just because some one likes to jog or use the treadmill doesn’t mean they like body building. They should be separate.

Chess and book reading someone else mentioned too.

Also why can’t sims have a favorite food and flower to pick on the list, and weather likes and dislikes?.

And of course the ones you have listed.

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I would like spellcasting to be added. I know it is not really a hobby, but if adding it meant my spellcasters could automansly cast spells once i assigned it to them as i like, i would like that very much.

Yes, please and Vampire Lore too, since it's essentially mythology which a lot of people like to study/research in real life. Me being one of them. :)

I suppose "Paranormal" in general could be considered an activity/hobby or "interest" if ever too.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Also Vampires, They should have a Like/Dislike, for Human Blood/Plasma, or Blood/Plasma Fruit too.

If we ever get a "foods" section added to likes/dislikes, they should totally do this for vampires.

I actually like the way it is with "Cat Lover" and "Dog Lover" currently. Because me being a Cat Lover/Cat Mom in real life is a big part of who I am/my identity. Like if someone asked me to describe myself, that's one of the first things I would mention.

I'd be okay if they added it as a dislike, but it would really make me mad if the moved Cat Lover from traits and demoted it to a mere like/dislike. Becuase as I said, it's a big part of who I am in real life and is therefore part of my Simself's identity too.