Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The weirdest thing happened...

My sim had a biological child and an adopted one. After he died, one of his kids was pulled out of the game while the other stayed. Now i can't remember who stayed and who didn't (biological or adopted) cause i play in rotation and can't remember. But the thing is i now have a household with a child living all alone... it's being different and fun... but is this a thing or it's a bug?

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Sounds like a bug. I had something similar happen in TS3 where the owner died and the dog was left so I got to play as the dog. But I switched house and then I couldn't get back to play the dog.

If you switch houses can you still play the kid?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Mstybl95 yes i can! I can enter the household and play him... the problem is he'll prob have to start selling stuff to keep up with the bills... :lol:
    texxx78 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 yes i can! I can enter the household and play him... the problem is he'll prob have to start selling stuff to keep up with the bills... :lol:

Well shoot, sell everything, make him a homeless kid and invade everyone's homes for basic necessities. He can be the fantom foodnapper.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    How about moving him in with someone he knows?
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Or moving in a sim into household the kid lives.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Whoa that's such an interesting story to play out in the game, I wish I had that tbh. That's a true challenge right there. The ultimate rags to riches challenge. :p
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    I always wanted a household like that. Put the lot off the grid and just send the kid to dig up stuff and catch frogs, breed frogs, sell frogs. If you have eco living, kids can interact with Insect farms. You can always ask for chips in bars if there is no money for food, chips are free.
    edited May 2021
    Honestly I would love a copy of the save, just to try it out. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I wish when the last adult died in a household they were sent to the adoption agency. it would pusuade some of my sims to adopt. As yet I haven’t used the adoption system, but if I could save some children sims I had played, I would use it.......an opportunity missed by dev’s that I hope will be corrected some day.
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for the great ideas:) i think i'll take advantage of this bug and enjoy this different household.
    @Aine if you want i can send you my save file :)
    @texxx78 Yes, I would really appreciate that - I'd have some fun with it for sure. :*
    Allons-y!

edited May 2021
    Aine wrote: »
    @texxx78 Yes, I would really appreciate that - I'd have some fun with it for sure. :*

Haha later i'll send you. Im not at the pc rn...
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

Haha later i'll send you. Im not at the pc rn...
    No rush, I'm happy to get it whenever. <3
    Allons-y!

@texxx78 - can I have a copy, too!?
    @Mstybl95 sure! But can you guys help me, how do i do it? hahah do i have to upload it somewhere...?
    @texxx78 - if you have a gmail account, you can upload it to Google drive. Just zip it. It will probably take about 10 minutes to upload depending on the file size.
    Oh...and then you can share a direct link with us.
    @Mstybl95 thank you. I've just sent you and @Aine the link.
    Thank you! <3
    Allons-y!