Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the one thing in TS4 that aggravates you the most?

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    How alike all the sims are. No matter what traits I give my sims the emotion system seems like it overrides their whims and actions.

Also if I could sneak in a second one, the lack of open world.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    All the walls disappearing when you want to decorate a small room like a toilet to put a toilet roll in or a towel rack. You should be able to choose which walls you want to go down, maybe by right clicking on them or selecting the room. That would be a welcome addition to the new game pack for a start.

The camera options also need more finesse with moving in, out, around and overhead.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Random outfits being placed on MY sims. I hate it so much. Situational outfits are one of the worst ideas ever in the Sims 4.

So much this. Nothing else really annoys me much, except for my own sims wearing some really uninspiring out of character outfits. Why not use party or formal outfits at the very least?
    Post edited by AmeliaTodd on
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2021
    Emotions system / over-focus on moodlets. Great idea on paper but in practice it overrides their traits and everything, basically making majority of the sims act in the same bipolar way. I also don't like how everything revolves around moodlets... which only affect their emotions. That's not really gameplay to me. For example: sentiments fall really flat because all they do is give moodlets instead of unlocking unique interactions or something which you could use as long as the sentiment is in effect. E.g. when Abigail got the sentiment "awed by a life saving hero" after Axel put out the fire she decided to get too friendly with, I really expected her to be able to thank him because of that sentiment but nope. Just have a happy moodlet.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    For me it's when they drop actions too quickly. Sometimes multi-tasking is a good feature but sometimes they'll just drop an action midway through and I have to reassign them the task. Usually something else distracts them.

Others mentioned musical chairs and that's in this category for me. I know that if I send them to sit at a bench or chair, if I don't immediately queue up an interaction, they will get up and do something else. It just means that the benches and chairs barely get used. I could turn autonomy off but I do like to give them the ability to come up with spontaneous actions.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2021
    I agree with situational Outfits, Like I chose all of my sims outfits carefully.
    Game: You know what They'll wear this!
    Me: Ew no, that's tacky, and it doesn't even match!

My biggest annoyance is, I can't trust autonomy most of the time. When I create Sims My hope is that when I rotate and they appear in the world they behave according to their personality, and the relationship they have with my sim.
    At least they are able to take care of themselves. But I wish they would automatically continue to do their favorite activities/hobbies, skills.

That's why I'm hoping Likes and Dislikes will be more expansive.
    I say they do it By categories and a drop down menu.
    Color is Good
    Hobbies & Skills is Good
    Magic though is tough, I think Spellcasters should have an Exclusive Like/Dislike category on Magic and it can effect on how they use it, making them more liberal with it, and free to use it even around people, or when I'm not playing their house. I would definitely like Magic Dueling to be an Option for a Like or Dislike. Perhaps Sims could have a preference of Practical, Mischief, Untamed, Potions. if the sim has knowledge on a variety of each they would lean towards one more. Potion and Hexing/Cursing could be another Like or Dislike. This way spellcaster would duel if they're bored and have fun. enjoy spending time around their cauldron trying to craft potions/curses that they like or dislike the effects of.

Although I'd prefer it if I could choose individual spells. I have Fire Mages, Ice mages, Lightning Mages, Blood Mages (Vampire/Spellcaster) it would be cool if I could set Fire, Ice or Lightning to be their go to spell. I Just would love to see my mage Casually taking to his study, or practice spells around his castle.

Add:
    Food:
    - Option one Sims could be vague and simply choose Homestyle, Baking, and/or Gourmet Cooking.
    - Option two, Sims have a drop down for those three categories of cooking and choose a specific meal they like to eat
    - Example: My sim likes Glazed Ham, Fried Chicken (Not in the game but should be, We have Roasted but I want Fried. B) ), and Cheesecake
    and the effect on choosing a favored meal, is sims will more likely go back for seconds, if their favorite meal is prepared and prepared well
    they will be Sad/Angry if their favorite meal is of poor quality. If they like to cook also, Sims will often automatically make their favorite foods, rather than making random meals.

Traits - Sims will connect better with people who have traits that they like, and become Tense/Scared by sims who have traits they dislike.

Lifestates: Spellcasters, Vampires, Ghosts, Cats, Dogs, etc. Sims would be open to befriending a sim of the life state they like, and scared by the life state they don't.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    What really annoys me is that sims never stay locked in the same action as I give them when I leave the lot, etc. This is one of my biggest pet peeve as it breaks the immersion for me.

They all end up in the pool and on PC when you go back🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    What really annoys me is that sims never stay locked in the same action as I give them when I leave the lot, etc. This is one of my biggest pet peeve as it breaks the immersion for me.

They all end up in the pool and on PC when you go back🤣🤣🤣

The only good thing is that 90% of my sims are so poor they don't even have pools :D
  • ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    The constant updates since Eco came out. Every time they fix one thing 10 more break. I will not purchase Eco because of this. If I want to live an eco lifestyle I can go to Sulani. I tried at first after Eco to play without mods, but things still kept breaking so I said the heck with it and will use mods. Perhaps EA could do themselves a favor and hire some of the top modders to do their creative work. I love Mt. Komorebi, but now after the 5/27 patch I cannot travel to the Snow Festival. Have not tried to go to any of the other festivals yet. I really only like the humor and hijinks and geek a thon ones. I was having my Sim weeding and she went from Focused to Very Focused on each plant, do one and she is focused did the next plant and she became very focused did another plant and she went back to focused. Finally had her stop as it got real annoying hearing that little tune each time. I ignore the likes and dislikes. Tired of pop-ups. Would like to disable that like you can on your browser. Turned off lifestyles as well. Someone mentioned the random NPC that show up where your Sim is. Before the last patch I took my toddler on vacation to Mt. Sledding is the one thing we could do together, but here come about 6 people and we had to keep waiting in line. The NPC's just stand there and then decide to leave after taking up all the little slopes. I won't engage in conversation with them. If the conversation window pops up, I click on it to delete the talk. I could go on, but perhaps I need to take a break again from Sims 4 and go back to Sims 3 for a while.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I wish the whims were better.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    The endless spawning of townies. I grow tired of giving them makeovers, plus they bloat my save.

This.
    I would consider this to be the biggest problem of sims 4 for me.

and its not even the so called ugly that bothers me
    its just that these are characters with no story,
    with no relation to anything in my story
    who i didn't want to add to my world

and they are spawning endlessly on their own
    overriding my own sims as npcs and walkbys etc.
    Meanwhile I, as player, do not have choice to turn that off.

Give me control of my story. pls i beg.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    The fact that Dine Out is still being sold, despite being unplayable.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    EA wants you to buy every pack, right?

So why don't they cater to people who buy every pack? I have every pack, so how come my NPC Sims don't have hardly any Likes and Dislikes?

Likes & dislikes aren’t pack content, they’re free update content and perhaps the NPCs will develop more of them as the save progresses. Because there are 2 ways for them to be acquired. Either through CAS or over time as the save is played.
  • stopthiefstopthief Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish Mean interactions were more powerful...I mean you can insult a sim like 10 times in a row but they just don't seem to care and will be friendly with you anyway.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    stopthief wrote: »
    I wish Mean interactions were more powerful...I mean you can insult a sim like 10 times in a row but they just don't seem to care and will be friendly with you anyway.

This is a problem they haven't addressed yet but imo is one of 4's biggest issues. You can literally abuse a sim to the limit and he'll answer with a banana's joke and a hug...
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    How alike all the sims are. No matter what traits I give my sims the emotion system seems like it overrides their whims and actions.

Also if I could sneak in a second one, the lack of open world.

This. It's a big reason why I no longer play TS4 for more than maybe 30 minutes at a time---every Sim is pretty much the same, so I already know what to expect
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I'm not saying 1 as they all tie in together.

1) Showering and using the bed after (queued actions) won't have the Sim swap into sleepwear after a shower
    2) Cannot leave the bed unmade
    3) The bear phase for kids is nonsense. Don't push your fetishes on my children Sims, thanks.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I see people have mentioned the emotion system and the sad state of whims. 100% agree on those. Situational outfits are also just...annoying to see. Also the dropping of actions if you switch off a sim for more than a minute (I'm always having to re-tell my sims what to do).

One I haven't seen mentioned yet are the endless phone calls!! Since sims autonomously want to be nice all the time, a lot of my sims have really good reputations. This means they are CONSTANTLY being bombarded by random sims asking them to join new careers (when they already have a job!!). I don't really get any other phone calls at this point. Why are there so many of these?? I get like at LEAST 10 a day per sim and it drives me up the wall! Sims team please I'm begging you to nerf this.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited May 2021
    lexibee wrote: »

One I haven't seen mentioned yet are the endless phone calls!! Since sims autonomously want to be nice all the time, a lot of my sims have really good reputations. This means they are CONSTANTLY being bombarded by random sims asking them to join new careers (when they already have a job!!). I don't really get any other phone calls at this point. Why are there so many of these?? I get like at LEAST 10 a day per sim and it drives me up the wall! Sims team please I'm begging you to nerf this.

I am also annoyed by phone calls and phone in general but rather than nerfing it id just like to have mute incoming notifications /calls options to my sims phones

even better if i could mute party invites, festivals and job opportunities and such separately with toggles like maybe i want party invites but no festivals or other way around or something idk its just annoying having no options
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member

Simmingal wrote: »
    lexibee wrote: »

I am also annoyed by phone calls and phone in general but rather than nerfing it id just like to have mute incoming notifications /calls options to my sims phones

even better if i could mute party invites, festivals and job opportunities and such separately with toggles like maybe i want party invites but no festivals or other way around or something idk its just annoying having no options

There is a mute option actually! On your sims phone it's the little icon at the top that has the speaker crossed out. It doesn't work very well for me, though... But agreed, toggles would be nice. I like my sim getting invited to parties, not so much dates (especially when my sim is already in a relationship...)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Generated townies and their horrible outfits.

I try not to think of them too much because they can actually put me in a bad mood, I really dont like that they have not improved over the years.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    The happy buffs. I was going to say the emotion system in general, but from a realistic view, I don't think that could be changed. So instead I'm going to say I would change the default state to "Fine" from "Happy" so that when Sims have full needs they are just "Fine". I would do the same with the eating, bathing, decorations buffs, etc...change all of the generic ones to Fine buffs so they don't stack on other emotions like Inspired, and leave the Happy buffs connected specifically to the individual Sim's personality so they depend on Traits and Likes. With other emotions constantly in play like Inspired, Playful, Focused, Energized etc, I don't think the Happy buffs would be missed that much and Sims would have a better chance of experiencing more sincere emotions from the full spectrum.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Pre-made worlds and the same walkbys every single save.

If I want to play a story that has to do with anything else except "happy suburbian life" I just can't. If I try to play a "supernatural save" all I have is Forgotten Hollow and even then the people walking by my house will be some weirdos from Sulani dressed in colorful clothing while I'm trying to act like my family lives in a haunted forest.

Same with stuff like Royal Family play, Sci-fi play, Decades-play. It's so difficult to immerse yourself into your own fantasy when the game isn't giving you any options to customize your surroundings and customize the sims walking by, in community lots etc.
    I tried building a royal castle once and it lookes like a sore thumb in Willow Creek. The only place I could put it was Windenburg and then guess what, some alien walks buy and I'm like "This is a royal castle, why are an alien, Summer Holiday and Venessa Jeong knocking on my door?!"

I miss Create-a-World, where you could make worlds with surroundings and sims that fit your story line. Gurus say all the time that the Sims 4 is perfect for storytelling but I think unless you wanna play "Happy family" in the suburbs the game always pulls you out of the fantasy.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited May 2021
    Useless happy buffs overriding more important emotions. And emotions are so quick to change, they're all so moody. They're happy almost all the time, they forget about their breakup because the house is well decorated lol

Also, used clothing makes my Sims sad (if you have the laundry day pack). It should make them uncomfortable instead, not sad.