Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solid Color Building Challenge

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am sorry that you had issues with doing the purple coloured home! @leochick123 The pictures of the home that you have posted are lovely! :) Very nice purple colored furnishing of the living room. The purple coloured sofa and armchair seating with purple curtains area is very nice to enjoy chatting. The purple floral rug and the flowers are very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting on the purple stools having drinks from the bar. Very nice purple round dining table and chairs to enjoy eating meals. Very nice kitchen nook and the purple patterned flooring is pretty! The furnishing of each of the bedrooms is lovely! The floral wall pattern in the bunk bedroom and the patterned flooring is lovely! The giraffe and animal wall pictures in the toddler bedroom are cute! It is very nice that there is a fireplace sitting area in the master bedroom.
    It is a lovely purple themed home :)
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Okay, I'm gonna just say it, nothing went right here, oh my gosh, EA is apparently not a fan of purple. At least not in the base game. But I rolled with it anyway!
    @leochick123 Oh yes. I think purple is the most difficult color for the challenge. But you did it awesome!
    Don't worry about missing objects. Just leave space for a missing bath or a toilet in your bathroom, for example. And when you send your lot to the Gallery, write in the description that it was made for Solid Color Challenge, Color Purple. And that you left space for a missing bath or a toilet in your bathroom. I don't think that for the people who download your house it will be difficult to add a toilet, a bath or windows. :) Yes, it's tough. But it's a challenge! ;)
    Anyway, "Impractical Purple House" is so lovely! :love:
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    This looked like fun so I had to try. I chose blue for my first try.

WZwspg4.png

This one is called Bluebird BG Starter. It is base game, a tiny house and a starter. Decor in the house is low because it is a starter (there is an easel, sims can make their own art). This house has a grill and a microwave only because the only stove in base game that was blue was 13000 simoleans and I wanted a starter. If you have Tiny Living, this house has 64 tiles and is a tier 2 tiny house. This lot has been play tested and is fully functional. My name on the gallery is Evilfeline. (the house will be going up shortly, I haven't posted pictures in a while, so I needed to be sure I could get the pics up before uploading the house)
    ngVMzVi.png

OnhRO2J.png

DDayR1I.png

I really enjoyed seeing what others have done with this challenge. @Chelseacat , I would love to have a assigned color this time.
    edited May 2021
    Very lovely starter home! @Repo :) The blue colour scheme is pretty! Very nice wood walls, and the blue flowers along home edges are pretty! Very nice blue armchairs sitting nook on front porch. The open plan interior layout and blue coloured furnishings are lovely! Very nice sofa seating area for sims to enjoy watching tv.They will enjoy painting on the easel.
    It is a lovely blue themed home :)
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Thank you, @rosemow . Blue is one of my favorite colors.
    Lovely blue house @Repo ! <3
    Repo wrote: »
    @Chelseacat , I would love to have a assigned color this time.
    Here you are! Take DARK BROWN.

Sorry for the delay! :(
  • Khree29Khree29 Posts: 53 Member
    This looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for coming up with such an interesting challenge! Are those new to the forums able to participate? If so, I'd like to be assigned a color. :smile:
    Thanks @chealsycat . The delay is understandable. Life gets busy. The dark brown should be interesting.
    This time a Dark Brown house in Sulani.

c94uodk.png
    71x3yT7.png

This one is named Coconut. It has two beds and one bath. It's furnished with 1 double bed, 1bunk bed and one toddler bed. Home does not have a fire alarm or a toddler potty (a potty can be switched with the bathroom storage unit next to the sink. House has been play tested (I added the potty for this). It can be found under my gallery name Evilfeline. The build will also be available as an unfurnished house, and as a blank shell. Both will only require Base Game and Island Paradise.

Another color please, @chealsycat
    Coconut is a lovely Island family home! @Repo :) Very nice dark brown color scheme of the home! The dark brown woof wall texture and roofing is very nice. Kids will have fun playing on the brown swings and monkey bars. Very nice deck with loungers to relax, and an outdoors dining and bbq area. Sims will enjoy playing chess in the sunshine, Very nice open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen area. The dark brush color scheme of the furnishings is very nice! Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area to enjoy watchung tv and reading books, It is great there are a bunk beds in the kids room, The brown teddy is cute!
    Thank-you, @rosemow . I'm really enjoying this challenge.
    Khree29 wrote: »
    This looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for coming up with such an interesting challenge! Are those new to the forums able to participate?
    Welcome to the challenge @Khree29 ! Yes, everyone can participate. If you have any problems with publishing the links, let us know - we'll help you.
    Khree29 wrote: »
    If so, I'd like to be assigned a color. :smile:
    Yes. take YELLOW. :)
    This time a Dark Brown house in Sulani.
    What a lovely house! Awesome job! <3
    Another color please, @chealsycat
    Take GRAY. :)
    Gray sounds good, @chealsycat .
  • Khree29Khree29 Posts: 53 Member
    Wonderful! Thanks @chealsycat
    edited June 2021
    Today we have Happy Medium in gray.

cSjIrVH.png
    rSnxhw8.png

6hBKARP.png

YUaDZal.png

TXH7lkJ.png

UnHdOD5.png

House has three bedrooms with one double bed, one single bed and one toddler bed. There is a small office/skill room downstairs and a kids play area upstairs. Laundry is included in the upstairs main bath and there is a clothes line in the backyard. No potty included, but there is space for one next to the sink in the main bath. House has been play tested (I included a potty for this).

I'd love another color please @chealsycat . I may be slow with the next one, though, life has been busy.

ETA: (this is what happens when you post before finishing your first cup of coffee) My gallery name is Evilfeline. Also available are unfurnished and shell versions of the house with Get Together and base game or just base game.
    Post edited by Repo on
    Happy Medium is a lovely family home ! @Repo :) The grey color is very nice! The exterior design, dormers.and the flowers on home edges are lovely! Very nice sitting area on front porch. The backyard outdoors dining and bbq area is very nice. Kids willl have fun on the monkey bars. Very nice open plan interior layout and furnishings! The grey leafy wall pattern is pretty! Very nice design of each of the bedrooms. The toddler bedroom is very sweet with the soft toy dog, animal chair and cute dog bookcase!
    It is a very nice grey themed home for a family :)
    Thank you @rosemow .
    Awesome house @Repo ! <3
    Here's your next color:
    GREEN
    I'd love another color please @chealsycat . I may be slow with the next one, though, life has been busy.
    Take your time, there aren't any due dates. :)
    Thanks, @chealsycat
    Ugh, looks like I lost the pictures I posted previously while wrestling with Imgur yesterday. I have no idea what I did, I'll re-post them later when I have I have more time.

Today we have Verdant in green, a three bed, three bath house with a laundry room, greenhouse and a flex space used here as a playroom. There is no fire alarm in the kitchen, no TP rolls in the bathrooms and no planter boxes in the greenhouse because none of them are green. House has been play tested. As usual, this will also be posted with unfurnished and shell versions as well. Those two versions are base game only. My gallery name is Evilfeline.

Q1auPT6.png
    G5l2Gev.png
    uf9chWL.png
    eSyYvh3.png
    Verdant in Green is a lovely family home! @Repo :) The green colour scheme is very nice! Very lovely exterior design of the home, roof covered front entry, and very nice green open shutter windows. The flowers on the home edges are pretty! Very nice outdoors sitting and dining area for sims to enjoy cooking on the grill and eating meals in the sunshine. The glass roof greenhouse is very nice! Kids will have fun playing on the green monkey bars. Very lovely green coloured furnishings and great layout of the interior of the home! The green dinosaur in the kids room is cute! Very nice green patterned floor rugs. The green plants in the living room are nice nature touches. The green curtains are lovely :)
    Thank-you @rosemow
    What a lovely house @Repo ! <3
    How about next color? Will you continue?
    @chealsycat , thank-you! Yes, I would like another color please. It my be a while before I can get it done though. I'll be down at my mothers the first week of July, so no Sims.