Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs ~ Content Breakdown

2...Next

Comments

• LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    How about if they created a prehistoric times expansion or stuff pack? Or if they created a farming one?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I would so love a Prehistoric Game pack.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Of Mosquito, Knifty Knitting , Kids Stuff & Vintage Glamour, which would you say is best?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Of Mosquito, Knifty Knitting , Kids Stuff & Vintage Glamour, which would you say is best?

They are all, good, depends what you like. If you like playing with kids, in kids stuff, the kids have a cute video game and cards to collect, they can play with friends, and there is some children’s furniture, and I believe the puppet show is in that one too. Vintage glamour has a butler you can hire, some furniture, and a makeup table, also a globe you can grab drinks from. If you want to take pictures Moschino stuff comes with a tripod snd camera, I believe you can pose your subjects and work as a photographer, has some cool building features, a beautiful large window, but the clothes are few and disappointing. Nifty knitting is great for your Grandma sim. All age groups toddler up can use the rocking chair, there are a few cute crafting room pieces, and many craftable items including but not limited to clothes hats and booties. There are also knit able toys for children and toddlers, and there are even a few baby outfits you can knit. It comes with Plopsy where you can sell and buy items through the computer too.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    How about if they created a prehistoric times expansion or stuff pack? Or if they created a farming one?

I really want a farming expansion with farm animals. And, I’d love a Medieval pack too. I hadn’t thought of prehistoric pack, that might work too.
  • HousePlansChickHousePlansChick Posts: 3 New Member
    Why do we not have toe socks for the new Japanese sandals? :(
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    you should add the paranormal stuff pack. you already know what it looks like
  • Tiggergirl19Tiggergirl19 Posts: 18 Member
    I'd like one where you can edit the relationships in the build a sim mode because that's one of my favorite parts of the sims 3 build a sim mode. I would also like one that has vehicles in it. I miss these parts of the sims in this version. I would also like one where they can travel to foreign countries, and learn about other cultures.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2021
    We need more swimming things.

Anyway, note that on average, each pack has sixty items. These three kits between them have about forty items.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    Hi, which x1 stuff pack should I buy: paranormal, knitting, laundry, bowling, kitchen, moschino? Which x1 game pack should I buy: dine out, realm of magic?
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Tikaania wrote: »
    Hi, which x1 stuff pack should I buy: paranormal, knitting, laundry, bowling, kitchen, moschino? Which x1 game pack should I buy: dine out, realm of magic?

Kind of depends on what you like and how you play. I would get more use out of RoM than Dine Out, because I like supernatural stuff. If you like building careers, Dine Out would probably have more to offer. As for stuff packs; if you only want one, I'd go for Bowling or Nifty Knitting, as I feel those have most to offer for gameplay. Paranormal is fun too, if you like supernatural stuff, but most of that pack is less applicable to regular households, imo.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question.

Does anyone know if there is a Pack that would allow me to add Iced Tea and/or Sweet Tea as drink options to the menus of restaurants? I have Iced Coffee and Hot Teas available, but no Iced Tea and that's what I usually drink at restaurants unless I feel like an alcoholic beverage. I know the Summer Drink Tray from Backyard Stuff can make Iced Tea, but would that add it as an option at restaurants? Thanks
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    @OutlawWoman I messaged you about the ice tea. :smile:
  • MissSweetVioletMissSweetViolet Posts: 50 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > I really want a farming expansion with farm animals. And, I’d love a Medieval pack too. I hadn’t thought of prehistoric pack, that might work too.

I'll second the Medieval pack!
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Mostly missing from stuff packs for me are events that encourage the use of the new items. For instance: kids room = slumber parties and bowling = bowling party etc
  • ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    Does bowling add a bowling lane location, or do you have to make your own?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    Arrojacast wrote: »
    Does bowling add a bowling lane location, or do you have to make your own?

@Arrojacast it come with a lot you can download from the Gallery. It's tagged as a bar though since there's no bowling alley lot type in the game.

Oasis Springs Dust Bowl.
  • BerryCHUBerryCHU Posts: 18 Member
    It's a pity that I don't have ankle socks yet. :( I hope you can separate the headband and hairpin instead of the accessories attached to the head.
    02C1fKDh3FSs69MzLh-eZXViv8bj8q9kBZJPIX1zko3f5gpvg24gINbr-TIjGP2xvGTChuEwU6xbXzGppd6df9MHVLzji5UkiZ9aD35m5OTsRhx9n1GsQvp3-tHaWyeXoYmgC-WNUtDUvZj6S_lmAsi3Hyi_AwPDwQPqwHnAtRLre-Y7uA80S9Orz6nxPMPN5fET4iWyqrVrwUhrVdE_Y9sHc4dnf70q9oAO5PAHeakvKQBrqNiB-TVlpEm1f2jOaf_LajJtGklkQq0stVEu7Mbt89RbF4BeO0MRUGa22Tl-fIi05PuO06hugFeatDVcFWF4foUCiMB7gqvFTrXypNY-qFxRsan6iXaJtiy2UK7KGgdt6tIfWIkxC8TXF83twI6C8Em-RfMqKby-I2RgaawZUvCBdCt_pHYmGcLgnzXkl6CKt6ozHcyhlej8277MOevjGJbkZca6rcH3vfo4Bd7i5JjE67RGUum0oa6_2f7Mja-Luf0nZCQCVVPgtbLmyOcuBMsD-ymVcjQdRmHdG4RLOSd-2xO9kSVQpQfDaBZn47EfIxOa2Saqlf8_Ay6fEtkfsWNrG21W8HUkQd8C4LWPsGSXeADiuDyAQ15wC827nZvb0wqaZdcSQQcwgjfIjuX5S1q_2pN5WAAtK_mGwyCqdzkp9MivL7Stypc0r4rvV6nWTdYsp9IE2Us6OxgC0giNRWiemKSMiyKVApcYSYs=w545-h260-no?authuser=0
    Origin ID: cw5252
    My Blog: https://blog.naver.com/c_walker
  • AZmonsoonAZmonsoon Posts: 4 New Member
    I built a house I want to make haunted. A friend said I need the Paranormal stuff pack. I was going to get it but another friend said no, get City living instead. I'm really comfused now. I just want to save my hause with a spooky or haunted trait so it can get haunted. Which one should I get?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    @AZmonsoon, I recommend Paranormal Stuff Pack. It has the Haunted House Trait, plus you get Bonehilda & some spooky Ghosts haunting your house. It's really fun.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    City Living has a trait that makes ghosts come and hang around in a friendly sort of way. Paranormal has a much more actively haunted house, and actually makes that a spooky challenge
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited March 2022
    San Myshuno has festivals (such as Geek-Con, the Jokesters vs. Pranksters festival, and the spice festival) that happen regularly. Seasons introduces weather (of course), and rain that ruins electronics that are left outdoors (logical conclusion).

Unfortunately, this tends to make the space rocket the only functional object during Geek-Con when it rains. Too bad they never added functional canopy tents above the electronics. :'(
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    edited March 2022
    AZmonsoon wrote: »
    I built a house I want to make haunted. A friend said I need the Paranormal stuff pack. I was going to get it but another friend said no, get City living instead. I'm really comfused now. I just want to save my hause with a spooky or haunted trait so it can get haunted. Which one should I get?

It depends how you want to do your haunted houses. The haunted lot trait comes with City Living. However, the haunted house lot type comes with Paranormal. Paranormal also comes with a working crystal ball for seances. City Living adds apartments, but all the apartment walls are fixed and cannot be moved. You also cannot create your own apartments, since unlike Sims 2, there is no special door that converts rooms on a lot into an apartment, a hotel room, or a dorm room. City Living also adds basketball courts, and festivals (which oddly do not show up on a Sim's calendar if you have Seasons).

In other words, City Living really adds more playable content than Paranormal. That is why one is an expansion pack, and the other is a game pack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    BerryCHU wrote: »
    It's a pity that I don't have ankle socks yet. :( I hope you can separate the headband and hairpin instead of the accessories attached to the head.

Modders have already done both of these, at least ankle socks in different colors. The game does come with ankle socks as well as knee-high socks, but what they don't have is "footies", the kind that cover the foot, and only the foot. They use disposable "footies" in shoe stores if you are not wearing socks when you come in. "Footies" also make great slippers if they are made from the right material.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I would love to know if EA/Maxis are still developing Stuff Packs.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS