Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Graveyard

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
It would be really nice if the game had a graveyard. I play a lot of families and sometimes I miss the death of certain sims.
A graveyard that collected all the tombstones of the deceased sims, you could go there to collect a tombstone or to drop off a tombstone.

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    TS2 has that so it should be do-able.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    They've had lots of opportunities to put graveyards in the game. Vampires, Paranormal Stuff, Halloween patches. And yet they don't. It seems like such an easy thing to add.
    I'm not sure why they choose not to. Personally, I either think there's some technical limitation in the game that makes it game breaking, or it's just pure laziness.
    I still hope that they can add graveyards in someday!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d love a graveyard lot type (unless it had a ton of requirements), I’ve just been using a generic lot off the gallery and a mod to summon urns/release ghosts.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I started a thread years ago bout this very subject, and I am still waiting for them to add one in.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, an actual graveyard with a sims 3-style mausoleum would be great!

We really do need a place for all the gravestones of sims who die off-camera.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I turned a lot into a public cemetery, it is kind of a pain transporting urns & tombstones there, via sims inventories.. but it looks cool and serves its purpose. I even made a mausoleum and it's designed after my rl neighborhood's local cemetery, very peaceful and serene.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

There was an lot of stuff that was available in the older versions that is missing from this version. The technology from older versions are worth two handsful but this version has only an quarter of it and some of it is gimped. It is not like I never played the older versions to be asking for it now. If I never played the older versions there would be no loss but since I did a lot of stuff is lost in this version.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I would absolutely love this as a lot trait. I wouldn't even mind if my sims had to do the urn collecting themselves as long as there was somewhere to deposit them. This could actually be a decent kit if it won't fit a larger pack theme - a few build/buy pieces and a lot trait, and then people who would find it too morbid could easily choose not to get it.
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I don't see that being possible, in the way of a cemetary auto adding in sims who die off camera (out of household), to the lot. That cemetary could fill up fast, depending on it's size. With mods, sims can die even faster by certain means.

However just like what SarahsShady said, I've done that myself. It's a good way to create a community cemetary.
    In Sims 3, basically the same thing too, except I'd have the current family I was playing with, buy a small lot to create their family cemetary.
    For me, irl, even a 64x64 lot ain't big enough to create the cemetary right out our windows. There's the old cemetary and the newer portion.
    And yea, it's peaceful here.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I would absolutely love this as a lot trait. I wouldn't even mind if my sims had to do the urn collecting themselves as long as there was somewhere to deposit them. This could actually be a decent kit if it won't fit a larger pack theme - a few build/buy pieces and a lot trait, and then people who would find it too morbid could easily choose not to get it.

If they did make a dedicated graveyard lot trait, how would you see that feature influencing the sims who visit the lot?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    It should've been there day 1. One of the first things I did in the Sims3 on each game was to go to it and get the death flower. Funeral s would be a great addition to the game and party/gathering area. Both creating your own will and funerals and getting invited to ones of Sims your sim knows.

Caretaker
    Flower arrangements for the funeral
    Picking out final clothes
    Pick out coffin, gravestone, or urns
    Having the mausoleum back
  • MintMango13MintMango13 Posts: 7 New Member
    We know they can make them in this version of the sims because Sims 4: Cats and Dogs has an animal graveyard with animal ghosts. Unfortunately, the gaming industry is really bad when it comes to user experience vs. profit. My best guess is that the Sims 4 team is probably given a big list of things to do in a short time period, which would explain why some things in the game feel half done or don't work. I wouldn't be surprised if a different group within EA came up with the ideas for the games without consulting the game devs about implementation or user experience honestly. I could also be waaay overthinking here but it is well known that the gaming industry is awful to its employees.
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I downloaded the graveyard trait mod and downloaded one someone made in the gallery. But soon I plan to make my own.