Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the new patch update

2...Next

Comments

• OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Played one of my favourite families for a sim week and I've discovered: Goofball trait + Dislikes Mischief = Happy Toilets! For this alone, I LOVE the new likes & dislikes system. My Goofball has not pranked their own toilets even once!

That's good to know.
    I have a Goofball sim that is a comedian, but she shouldn't go around pranking people.
    She just wants to spread humor, not humiliation.

I need to test this. :)

Please do! I played with full autonomy on and watched him like a hawk. It looked a few times like an action came up in his queue, just to vanish again before it could manifest. I also have to check if it works when I don't play the household actively, but that's a lesser concern. I mainly don't wish for him to prank his own toilets.

Awesome. I can start playing the Jangs again. They're my favorite premade family, but Baako and Billie are both Goofballs. Haven't played them or invited them over to other Sims' homes in forever because of the toilet thing. :lol:

*Edited for typo

UPDATE: Nope. Tried the Jangs, made them all dislike Mischief and like Comedy. Baako is still trying to prank his own toilet every five minutes. :lol: Oh, well. Glad it works for some.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Played one of my favourite families for a sim week and I've discovered: Goofball trait + Dislikes Mischief = Happy Toilets! For this alone, I LOVE the new likes & dislikes system. My Goofball has not pranked their own toilets even once!

That's good to know.
    I have a Goofball sim that is a comedian, but she shouldn't go around pranking people.

Please do! I played with full autonomy on and watched him like a hawk. It looked a few times like an action came up in his queue, just to vanish again before it could manifest. I also have to check if it works when I don't play the household actively, but that's a lesser concern. I mainly don't wish for him to prank his own toilets.

Awesome. I can start playing the Jangs again. They're my favorite premade family, but Baako and Billie are both Goofballs. Haven't played them or invited them over to other Sims' homes in forever because of the toilet thing. :lol:

*Edited for typo

UPDATE: Nope. Tried the Jangs, made them all dislike Mischief and like Comedy. Baako is still trying to prank his own toilet every five minutes. :lol: Oh, well. Glad it works for some.

That is so weird! I just double-checked, but I had removed the only mod that influenced their personalities before I started playing and had autonomy on (also for selected Sim). Either it is a weird coincidence that Kyle hasn't pranked a toilet in a week or the fact that I went through the painful process of repairing my game yesterday made a difference. Or - and we should not dismiss this possibility - Baako is a lost cause. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

That's good to know.

*Edited for typo

That is so weird! I just double-checked, but I had removed the only mod that influenced their personalities before I started playing and had autonomy on (also for selected Sim). Either it is a weird coincidence that Kyle hasn't pranked a toilet in a week or the fact that I went through the painful process of repairing my game yesterday made a difference. Or - and we should not dismiss this possibility - Baako is a lost cause. :D

Repairing after patching up is a must. Learnt that the hard way.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited May 2021
    Same, I love it too. The Likes/Dislikes really adds some depth to the Sims' personalities for me. I've been going through my Freeplay file adding them all to my favourite Sims.
    they/them or she/her
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited May 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »

That's good to know.

*Edited for typo

Repairing after patching up is a must. Learnt that the hard way.

...Oops. Going to have to remember this in the future. Didn't repair this time.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

That's good to know.

*Edited for typo

Oh, I didn't repair. I'll do that now and try again.

And yes, we all know Baako is a lost cause, but Anaya loves him, so we can too. :lol:
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Okay...I found something I don't like about the Likes/Dislikes system.

Is there any way to disable those pop-ups suggesting that I give a Sim a certain Like or Dislike? They're getting to be very annoying, especially since they also suggest giving them to Sims who aren't even part of my active household!
  • channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I don't have it yet, but I'm really excited to try it :)
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I love the new Likes/Dislikes system! Previously I had to use a mod to prevent my sims from playing video games on their cellphones. Because, you know, not all people are constantly using their cellphones to develop their gaming skills... Now I can just make my sim dislike video games and he will never try to play games on his phone or computer. I've tried it and it really worked! :) I also made him dislike comedy - and he stopped trying to joke autonomously! Such a relief... :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also found some bugs with instrument dislikes, my sim got a -1 buff because he hated the instrument playing, and then got a +2 happy buff at that exact same time because that same instrument was playing...

Was it a Musical genius with a disliked instrument? Music due to trait or asp might be +2 in general, while disliked instrument is -1. I don't mind getting both buffs, I normally wouldn't even expand them to see what they are LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Okay...I found something I don't like about the Likes/Dislikes system.

Is there any way to disable those pop-ups suggesting that I give a Sim a certain Like or Dislike? They're getting to be very annoying, especially since they also suggest giving them to Sims who aren't even part of my active household!

I too would like to see this popup thing gone. When setting a sim's personality I need access to all his/her personality info. I might have a plan for a certain sim, but not recalling it while playing a different house. But even more important - I'm making movies, and I already canæ't film in a house with kids/teens who constantly ask for advice, because when recording in cam mode the scene will just freeze without me seeing the popup. Recording ruined, which is extremely annoying ifd you try to get multiple sims behaving according to a scene. I assume the like/dislike popup will make this problem quite huge, as there will be popups on any lot where there are sims.

We'll need a way to opt out on those popups, no matter what they are.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    My understanding is that likes/dislikes will be there for most packs, and I thought this would include skills such as knitting. My guess (and hope) is they just did not get to add this to all packs yet, but that it might get patched in later.

I wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions, though. It could be we get a few more if we purchase the GP. Some time ago, we got certain aspects in a free patch, but more when we purchased the actual pack itself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/