Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May 25 - #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream

124...Next

Comments

• SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2021
    I didn’t notice anything like this in the live stream, but I wonder if the items in buy mode will have some sort of icon or description saying what style of decor they are? It could get kind of tricky trying to figure out what each piece of furniture is categorized as. :p
  • MissingHoursMissingHours Posts: 4 New Member
    I think this pack was made specifically for me! I've wandered away from the game a bit lately, but this will drag me right back in. Thank you to all concerned with the design and implementation. I may never play any other career again :smiley:
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I didn’t notice anything like this in the live stream, but I wonder if the items in buy mode will have some sort of icon or description saying what style of decor they are? It could get kind of tricky trying to figure out what each piece of furniture is categorized as. :p

I believe you will be able to sort the "Dream Home Decorator" pack if you're only looking for the modular pieces. They said they're all supposed to fit together, the more rounded and the more angular styles.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

You can sort items by styles, as well as colors. :)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm happy to see more hair colors coming. I didn't see too many shades of red hair. I think there was only three.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited May 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Okay, but why do males always get the short end of the stick in cas? Has this been explained?

Because The Sims is a girls' game, apparently.

@calaprfy if it is a girl's game they SHOULD include more men's stuff, I for one prefer to dress up men

@NoTalent they need to hire or contract with some metrosexual men so they can up their game with men's attire. Who the heck loves all that plaid? Someone once said the main players of the Sims are women & gay guys, if that is true they are doing gay men a disservice, because they tend to dress very well, ahem they rule the fashion industry. I've never met a gay man who wasn't dressed well. From athleisure to business casual they kill it.
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    edited May 2021
    I believe you will be able to sort the "Dream Home Decorator" pack if you're only looking for the modular pieces. They said they're all supposed to fit together, the more rounded and the more angular styles.
    somewhsome wrote: »
    You can sort items by styles, as well as colors. :)

Oh, that’s awesome!! Thank you both for answering! :)

• edgy_princessa_edgy_princessa_ Posts: 26 Member
    @SimDork23 In addition to being able to sort it by style, color, and pack, you should be able to use the search bar on the left hand side to find items that way too!😊
    @edgy_princessa_ That’s great! Thanks for responding! :)
  • edgy_princessa_edgy_princessa_ Posts: 26 Member
    @SimDork23 No problem at all!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Looking forward to see the likes/dislikes unfolding in my game. But do anyone know how say color preference will affect our sims? Will colors of everything in the room count? Will a sim wearing a disliked color have a bad day? I guess there will be moodlets, and that those can be ignored if there are 500 happy moodlets?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    My main interest was the Likes/Dislikes feature. As for the GP, I'll probably wait until it's on sale.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Still wanting for a fix or mod or some thing that stops a visitor for thinking it is ok to use my computer or just walk into my house if some one did that to me rl they would be in jail or tossed out with bruises
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »
    Still wanting for a fix or mod or some thing that stops a visitor for thinking it is ok to use my computer or just walk into my house if some one did that to me rl they would be in jail or tossed out with bruises

They are there already. See computer security on the computer's options also click on the front door or any outside door and click on the options given when you do that.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I love to build and I'm very excited about the possibilities of the new Game Pack. I'll have to wait until it's on sale because the current price is prohibitive in my country after the exchange rates and taxes are applied, however, I'm loving the content so far. I hope EA continues to use modular furniture in the future, I think it's a very smart idea. I'm also excited to see the Likes and Dislikes in action! I know they're tied to the Emotions system, which is flawed, but I think the concept of them is cool and it reminds me of The Sims 2 for some reason. :)
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    Some notes
    • Those designer commercials they showed looked more fun and engaging than the actual game career. :V

The commercials always look more autonomous in the Sims actions and fun than the actual gameplay, lol.

That said, looking forward to improvement with hair colors, bunk beds, and some other stuff already mentioned here like the likes and dislikes. Maybe I can finally get some my Sims to stop talking to their plants or constantly play videogames, lol. Idk...

Update: Nope, my sims are still talking to their plants. Also, the likes and dislikes of other sims keep popping up as I'm trying to play another sim. I hope that gets corrected.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top