Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I've been on a sims break and although I'm just getting back I feel like there's too few days left to come up with a story. That's why I'm sorry I'll have to skip this month. I will still read all entries and vote ^_^
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    I want wish everyone good luck this month. I won't be participating as my grandmother died a couple weeks ago and I've been in another city away from my computer for most of the month. I was thinking about using some sims 3 screenshots I have in the cloud from an old, long gone story that I could rewrite to fit the theme (it featured a rose bush), but that's not happening. I've been depressed, doing endless job applications, and having daily headaches. I can't get my mind focused enough to write. So, I'll be here to read and cheer everyone on!
    Happy writing & reading!
    7YZVoCi.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Just letting you all know I am getting the blog up today - my daughter with MS has been having heart issues and was taken to the ER on the 31st .. I had the kiddos til 3 am and yesterday was a crazy day .. today I babysit but will be around for most of the day to work on it

and @Qnshr5 I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. We do fully understand but we sure will miss you!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Here is my entry to. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it is different and personal. Here it is:

I have tumblr version too, but forums wont take it. The link to Tumblr is in Discord.

Here you go. 🙂

Not sure what category you want to sub for .. be sure to use the banner .. I am putting you up in Vet but not sure let me know if you see this soon
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    What can I do? Forums is acting out, because I haven't Been around here enough 🙄

t is all good .. will come in time ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Here is my entry to. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it is different and personal. Here it is:

I have tumblr version too, but forums wont take it. The link to Tumblr is in Discord.

Just saw in Tumbler that you ar sub in Novice .. changed it up
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    The blog is up .. fantastic stories this month .. a great month to give the challenge a nice strong push!
    Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: May 2021 Theme & Submissions
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited June 2021
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    The blog is up .. fantastic stories this month .. a great month to give the challenge a nice strong push!
    Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: May 2021 Theme & Submissions

Every story this month was so much fun to read! I enjoyed everything <3

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she feels better soon! In the meantime though, I do hope that you are having some fun with the grandkids! :)
    Post edited by Camkat on
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    LOL the grands are running amok this morning BUT I did get the June challenge blog done ... Having a little fun with an unusual word this month.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: June 2021 Theme
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I hope you are all enjoying the current month's submissions - some fab fab stories this month .. I loved them all.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Oh wow the word of the month, I have to say it's a new one for me.
    musteni wrote: »
    Oh wow the word of the month, I have to say it's a new one for me.

I promise it is easier than it looks <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • TheSimsStorybookTheSimsStorybook Posts: 12 New Member
    I tought I don't make it this time. Then I realized I allready made it 🙃 Story of BFF family of course! I am still a novice

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQKD8-CjgYX/?utm_medium=copy_link
    I'm surprised how soon I was finished this month! :) Here's my entry: https://princesspeapod.wordpress.com/2021/06/17/msssc-merediths-dream/
    Alluring Academics (2)
    Here's my entry for June, happy to be back writing :)
    How do all of you feel about forum-based for this challenge? I know many of us are in the Discord? I do not say throw this away but maybe make an alternative site for submission .. a thread on our Discord. Would more of you feel connected that way?
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    I am not as comfortable with the forums, but I don't mind coming here for the purpose of this. I know that everyone is connected in different ways, and having people submit to anywhere and everywhere can be confusing for you and can mean missed submissions. It is easy when you are asking for CAS or builds where a hashtag in the forums means you can find them all, but I am not sure what the best approach for this is. Noe everyone is on Discord nor will want to be. Perhaps ask people to post in all places they hang out and encourage their own self-promotion, but to send you a link to their stories directly so you don't miss any?
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    edited June 2021
    On that note, I will post here so not to forget before deadline.

title-large.jpg?w=484
    READ IT HERE
    https://simaginarium.com/2021/06/26/from-where-i-stand/
    What does everyone think about the possibility of extending this month's challenge for a month. I have a few trips planned and have decided that I do not want to take my laptop. I actually have two planned for August but they are mid-month and should not impact the challenge.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @lisabee2 I am fine with posting on the server and the Discord server. We have a submissions channel, so people can just post there as well as here, or either of the two. I would appreciate an extension for this month's challenge, because I want to participate, but I have so little time and inspiration these days that I always miss the deadline.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    edited June 2021
    I don't actually use discord. I had an account in the past but never really started using it, so I probably wouldn't hop over there unless I had to. I come to the forums daily, so this works for me.

My next month is quite busy so I don't mind if the deadline is extended. If I have time to write I could always go for the third part in my current story. I plan there to be four parts, one for each semester :)
    Post edited by musteni on
    I had my story done early but I don't mind the extension to give others a chance to get theirs in, the more the merrier! Summer is a busier time for a lot of us I think and I actually wouldn't mind a break to work on other things as well.

I'm not in the discord, but I could certainly join if you chose to do the submissions that way. I don't mind coming to the forums either though, I'm usually here anyway.
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    I keep forgetting about our discord. I need to hop over there once in awhile. I'm glad for the extension. I was about to post that I wouldn't have an entry this month. My story/screenshots are about 3/4 done, but I started a new job and haven't adjusted to my new schedule yet. I come home, eat and sleep. No simming. I can do discord if that's where it's moved to. Or both.
    7YZVoCi.png
    A few topics here.
    1. where to post; with different platforms it may be best to encourage any and all, but there may be a solution for how to make sure all get officially noticed. Send a link to you via messenger etc? Then you could add them as they come in to your blog?
    2. Divan is on top of Discord. You have your blog and here. I am happy to help out in any way I can to keep the message flowing and support the writers.
    3. July is probably getting busy for people with summer so I for one am ok with waiting another month before starting the next one. In the meantime I'll share the stories that are submitted already.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Hi, everyone! Waited till the last day to write mine--it was so hard! Setting up the screenshots, creating the Sims, and planning it really triggered me. I hadn't realized that my work experience had been traumatic--but it was, off and on for decades. I was always focusing on the good, to get me through each day, but writing this story brought up all the triggering aspects of work as an undiagnosed autistic, without accommodations and with limited support. Once I switched to writing this in second-person (which is advice I read somewhere for writing about triggering situations), it wasn't that bad! But I think I need to choose a happier topic for my August story!

Here's my submission: "A Day at the Office" - https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2021/07/31/a-day-at-the-office/
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!