Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the new hair colors, and I want more

ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
haha really, those haircolors are amazing! Finally they heard us.
I just wish they added more unnatural colors, not only for hair, but when they added more skintones I was kidna expecting more unnatural skintones. Would be amazing if the devs took in consideration the fact that one of the most popular challenges is the Not So Berry challenge and gave us pastel/neon/muted/dark versions of each color for hair and skin. And, not only for that, it would be really useful for occult players like me too.
Just to point the rainbow colors:
Red (we have natural red hair, but not unnatural red);
Orange (we have a lighter red hair, but not unnatural orange);
Yellow (we have cheesy yellow, so I'm ok);
Green (We have green);
Light Blue (we have cyan);
Blue (we have blue);
Purple (we have lilac, I think);
Pink (we have electric pink, but not unnatural light pink).

Comments

• camilla_hansencamilla_hansen Posts: 1 New Member
    There are so many different incl. natural red haircolors out there, and I need representation for my fellow red heds. I really want an amber shade to match me!
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think the first red in the current swatches looks pretty unnatural to me, like it's been dyed. I suppose I could see adding a brighter one.

I'd really like some more natural red/orange tones in general, and a bright blonde that isn't so washed out. Something more vibrant.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Definitely want more hair colors. As a strawberry blonde, nothing matches my color or my color as a kid.

I want more eye colors, too, quite frankly. What if I want to go full anime fantasy one day? Also, a little pet peeve of mine is the supernatural assets not being available for normal Sims. They are locked behind packs I bought. Why can I not use them whenever I would like in CAS?
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I'd totally be ok if we could have sliders for hair to adjust vibrancy, darkness, and shade like we do for makeup but for the hair too. I feel like it was a genius feature that really opened up makeup options. It would be a great way to get a lot more than just a few swatches. But if I had to only get new swatches I'd like an additional pastel swatches for the more vibrant versions we already have. And a darker or more vibrant versions purple 💜. Like the heart I put.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I'd totally be ok if we could have sliders for hair to adjust vibrancy, darkness, and shade like we do for makeup but for the hair too. I feel like it was a genius feature that really opened up makeup options. It would be a great way to get a lot more than just a few swatches. But if I had to only get new swatches I'd like an additional pastel swatches for the more vibrant versions we already have. And a darker or more vibrant versions purple 💜. Like the heart I put.

Would've been a way better update than adding new colors. We can make almost any colors with a system similar to the one they added for make up.

• TikaaniaTikaania Posts: 65 Member
    I love the new hair colours. I want more highlights and lowlights in hair :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited May 2021
    mostly just wish we had dark dyed hair

most of the unnatural colors we have are so... idk intense and bright that it looks more like wig than dyed hair
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • shadowfreakshadowfreak Posts: 3 New Member
    For the poll I had suggested color sliders for the hair, like what the pets have as well as the makeup settings.

If we had color sliders for the hair [including the opacity, hue, and brightness sliders] we could have a wider variety of colors to choose from.

It would be nice to have this for eyecolors too.
  • AmeliePoptartAmeliePoptart Posts: 22 Member
    I agree that we need better red/ginger swatches (I never got why the darkest red was considered a natural shade, and not grouped with the blue/green/pink/purple).

Speaking of, I think we need a lighter pink and a darker purple. The swatches included have never truly felt on trend.

And instead of adding more blondes, why can’t they just update the ugly cheese colour to be more natural?
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I just wish they added more unnatural colors,

I just wish they added all the current unnatural hair colors for all ages. More color options would be fun, but it also would have been a good chance to patch unnatural hair colors for toddlers and children into the game. For me as a supernatural player, it's a real bummer that the kids can't have the hair color they're supposed to inherit by their parents.

Freechheit wrote: »
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I just wish they added more unnatural colors,

I just wish they added all the current unnatural hair colors for all ages. More color options would be fun, but it also would have been a good chance to patch unnatural hair colors for toddlers and children into the game. For me as a supernatural player, it's a real bummer that the kids can't have the hair color they're supposed to inherit by their parents.

@Freechheit its because the dev team treat the unnatural colors as a hair dye as far as i know
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2021
    Thank you @Forgeron - that's my impression, too.

And I think that made sense in the beginning of the game. But over the years supernatural sims entered the game and with that, they should have made it possible for kids (and later toddlers) to have an unnatural hair color.
    They can have green skin and purple eyes - but not green hair? Its hard for me to understand why they made this decision. With the latest packs we even got dyed hair for kids, but still, we can't give them dyed hair with a different hairstyle? I don't understand.

This picture shows what I am trying to explain:

41349562qz.jpg

This is a normal sim child. I can give her blue skin, purple eyes and a hairstyle with purple died hair tips (Batuu GP) - but I can not give her purple hair. This makes no sense to me. :(

Same thing with alien kids:

41349605ro.jpg

This is the closest I get to green hair. :(

On the bright side, vampire kids can look really pale now with the new hair colors:

41349630ik.jpg

I am so sad about this, that I uploaded a toddler to the gallery to adress this frustrating issue for supernatural players. But I am well aware that this issue bothers only a minority of players...

41349665oo.jpg

Feel free to hit the heart, if you want to see the unnatural hair colors for the little ones - or upload your own creation. :) Unfortunately I didn't think about a catchy hashtag.. maybe #kidsForColorfulHair , but I am open for other suggestions. :D

Happy simming! :)

Post edited by Freechheit on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    There are so many different incl. natural red haircolors out there, and I need representation for my fellow red heds. I really want an amber shade to match me!
    I completely agree the game needs to be more inclusive and add in natural red hair to the game before moving into the clown color selection the current red option is a joke.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Even skin colors could use some more shades from time to time, I was trying to create a friend and he has a light brown skintone more orange than red or yellow and I just couldn't find any. Even messing with the custom skin thingy. I hope they are planning on adding the makeup settings to hair and skin, it would make everything more customizable.